a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I am allergic to Turkey - yes, really. But, did I miss a few holiday's???? Crap, don't tell me I have dissociated watching the arias de-trial and missed Easter, the 4th of July and Labor day.

:waitasec::slap::waitasec: :moo: <------------ is that steak? LOL

Honestly, yesterday I was in the store and asking myself if Easter had already come. I saw the chocolate eggs and was wondering why they weren't on sale yet. :truce:

Earlier today, I tried to use "Search Thread" for katie's posts, and came up with nada. No posts, zero, nada. Even tho I had read some of hers earlier, the old-fashioned, linear, and time-consuming way.

So there is something malfunctioning with that "Search Thread" feature. Just saying. :)

I'm sure every one of us regulars (and not) are interested in all the posts and discussion, but based on Real Life and time constrainsts, can't read every post. KWIM? :) :hug:

Darn, I missed it! I took the day off and didn't watch HLN at all today.

She's always great and I wished I had seen her today. She comes across so awesome on t.v. - you can just tell she's a really sweet and smart girl!

You want to know about her tan, I want to know where her friend (the girl who has been on with her this week) got that cute ruffled blouse she had on the other night on Dr. Drew's show!! It was Wednesday night I believe. I saw it and was like "I WANT THAT BLOUSE!" LOL! So much so that I'm still thinking about that cute blouse! HAHA! I'm a bit of a clothes horse.

Hint about self tanners :) I use Clarins and it's awesome. You can get it at higher end department stores at the Clarins counter. I live in Florida and can get a free tan, but I'm trying to save my skin and have relied on Clarins for years now. It doesn't have a funny odor and the color is awesome. You won't look like you rolled in "Cheeto Dust" I promise!

Thanks for the 411! I'll look in to it! I can find out about the blouse..we discuss fashion a lot..she shops at Ross a lot! I already reported back where she got her Betsey Johnson purse to another poster. ;) (Ross)

Earlier today, I tried to use "Search Thread" for katie's posts, and came up with nada. No posts, zero, nada. Even tho I had read some of hers earlier, the old-fashioned, linear, and time-consuming way.

So there is something malfunctioning with that "Search Thread" feature. Just saying. :)

I'm sure every one of us regulars (and not) are interested in all the posts and discussion, but based on Real Life and time constrainsts, can't read every post. KWIM? :) :hug:

I think people are saying to click on her profile to find her posts that way.

It's 8:40pm and I really want to know where my Thanksgiving dinner is.

:thanksgiving:

I seriously thought of having one delivered to you but other than AZ I don't have an address, lol...didnt want to appear obsessed :blushing:

Click on my (or any poster's)name and it click on See all posts or however it's worded and it will distill it down to ALL my posts. Today was a busy posting day for me as I was home resting (and posting) all day but usually you'll have a quick scroll back to find my observations and they have all the same "look".

Arrrrrrgh...somebody rescue me from myself....I'm doing it AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!:please:

They are arguing self defense. It's their whole case.

So it says on the plea but a lot of what they are sliding in is aimed at a manslaughter defense. And the DT WILL ask for lesser charges. They already have grounds to include these charges from testimony already given. I think the judge will be forced to include them by law. We'll see if my magic eight ball is correct. The DT may seem rather bumbling but they are using the law to get what they want.

On that note I am off to bed. Thank you all very kindly for the discussion.

KCL thanks for your court posts and your sauce. LOL! I hope your bro is doing better and will soon be with you.

I seriously thought of having one delivered to you but other than AZ I don't have an address, lol...didnt want to appear obsessed :blushing:

That's hilarious! where would one go to find a Thanksgiving dinner for delivery anyway? hahaha I had mac n cheese and sauteed spinach and no champagne which is probably why I'm seeming so cranky . ;)

thats what Jean K said on HLN today, she read an article about it. Her statement was during the 2-3 pm hour, who's the dark haired man? I think it was while Katie DDJ was on his show too.

---------
Hi, I think it was Mike Galanos or if he's African American it would be Kevin Smith ( I think). They are both very nice fellows. Better than some of the women.:floorlaugh: I dont always pay enough attention to names..:seeya:

Search hasn't worked very well for me either. The better way to do it is to find just one of her posts. Click on her picture and then go to posts at the top and it'll give you a list of all of them. :).

I use this to find the lawyers posts too. Lol. I'm always interested in reading their perspectives!

left click on one of her posts. It will give you a drop down box. Then click view threads.

---------
Hi, I think it was Mike Galanos or if he's African American it would be Kevin Smith ( I think). They are both very nice fellows. Better than some of the women.:floorlaugh: I dont always pay enough attention to names..:seeya:

thank YOU, I was going nuts trying to think of his name, ugh

I can't stand it! I've got to make an OT comment about the OT complaints about people being OT.... Enough! I like to read everything Katiecoolady, PASA, and the rest of the court reporters have to say. AND the extra tidbits that make us real ie;turkey dinners, donations, elephant pins, and theories. It feels like I know you all a little, and I like you. I also want to share that when I had an intruder in my bedroom, I sat up, saw his shadow, and fell asleep. Where does that fit into the fight or flight thingy? Katiecoolady... hugs to you, I can't imagine living in your big shoes. You've got a lot of life in you!
BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now my OT about OT. It is called: find. Hold the control key (CTRL) and hit the F key and a box will pop up- then, type the name you want to search the page for and you will easily be able to ignore the human side of the gift Katiecoolady has brought to WS. So, if you only want the info - go for it, but IMHO you will be missing out on so much. :seeya:

So it says on the plea but a lot of what they are sliding in is aimed at a manslaughter defense. And the DT WILL ask for lesser charges. They already have grounds to include these charges from testimony already given. I think the judge will be forced to include them by law. We'll see if my magic eight ball is correct. The DT may seem rather bumbling but they are using the law to get what they want.

On that note I am off to bed. Thank you all very kindly for the discussion.

KCL thanks for your court posts and your sauce. LOL! I hope your bro is doing better and will soon be with you.

Hmmm, the burden is on them to prove self defense. I am not sure how that would work for the defense if they started arguing a self defense case and changed gears mid way to crime of passion when they couldn't prove it.

Undoubtedly, the will argue for lesser includeds, but one of our lawyer friends has said they don't know if that'll happen as they don't see that the defense has done enough to get second degree murder in, especially if they are arguing self defense. If they stick to that (don't they have to?), then the only options would be murder one or she walks. I don't think they can turn around and say, this was an accidental thing or a crime of passion so please include second degree.

They are arguing self defense. It's their whole case.

I think they are giving up on 'pure' self defense and going with 'battered woman whose mind snapped when he attacked her once again.' JMO

Thanks for the 411! I'll look in to it! I can find out about the blouse..we discuss fashion a lot..she shops at Ross a lot! I already reported back where she got her Betsey Johnson purse to another poster. ;) (Ross)

Aw! You are the best! I know you have a lot on your plate so if you don't get around to it - no worries!! I appreciate so much all the gracious things you do for everyone here, and just think the world of you for being so caring and compassionate - especially for Travis' family and for your brother ("Katiecoolbrother" I think someone nicknamed him :) I hope he is doing better!!

P.S. Sorry for the O/T, OT complainers! Back to our regularly scheduled programming......

Speaking of court watchers, did anyone else see KatieDDJ on HLN today, during the day? I've been texting with her and she said how weird it was to go down there on a "day off" during the day time.

She was great (now I gotta ask her how she gets that tan). ;)

Yes I seen her today! She looked great! She's gorgeous and a personality to match.

I think they are giving up on 'pure' self defense and going with 'battered woman whose mind snapped when he attacked her once again.' JMO

Can they do that though? Maybe one of our lawyer buddies can help me out. I was under the impression that the only thing that could be on the table was murder one or acquittal since they are arguing a self defense case. Can they switch and admit that this was a murder and ask for murder two?

Thanx all. :hug: (but in a reasonably expectable world, not even close to a freakin' ideal world, shouldn't Search work? especially Advanced Search? never mind) :)

Hmmm, the burden is on them to prove self defense. I am not sure how that would work for the defense if they started arguing a self defense case and changed gears mid way to crime of passion when they couldn't prove it.

Undoubtedly, the will argue for lesser includeds, but one of our lawyer friends has said they don't know if that'll happen as they don't see that the defense has done enough to get second degree murder in, especially if they are arguing self defense. If they stick to that (don't they have to?), then the only options would be murder one or she walks. I don't think they can turn around and say, this was an accidental thing or a crime of passion so please include second degree.

I just asked about the manslaughter issue on the legal thread because I wasn't understanding it either. AZLawyer explained it very well! I recommend reading it. I think it's ridiculous but now understand why the lawyers keep bringing up her manslaughter angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB