a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DT side is for her supporters and the public. The prosecution side is for TA's family and the media. The day I was there almost everyone on the DT side was wearing blue ribbons. :) She has very few supporters in court. I don't think she's ever had more than the front row.

Thank you kindly, KBisMe.

I overheard someone refer to JA as the victim the other day and almost choked. Two people were discussing 'that trial down in AZ about that poor abused woman.' I know we are a long way away and not everyone follows true crime, but REALLY? Poor abused JA? UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

Julie made comment Dr Drew that the folder under as JD says "her hiney" had something to do with financial gain... maybe she smuggles her "art" out so it's not folded to take away from its value?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That Julie so-called-friend-of-Travis is so bogus and annoying.

MOO

Another message on the Justice for Travis Facebook page...

This one is from Steven Alexander. I end up in tears almost every time I read on that page!!

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis

Thank you all for your support. The blue ribbon movement is beautiful. I know Travis only hoped to change one life. He never would of thought he could change the world. People across the globe have been influenced by him. Travis believed every single one of us was created to be successful. We all have different lives and trials. We just have to get there. Travis has a legacy. It's up to us to make sure it survives. You were born to be great, it is your destiny. Thank you all for everything. Your support, your prayers, your words and your love. Justice for Travis.

The DT side is for her supporters and the public. The prosecution side is for TA's family and the media. The day I was there almost everyone on the DT side was wearing blue ribbons. :) She has very few supporters in court. I don't think she's ever had more than the front row.

Janine Driver even wore a blue ribbon that day and wore it proudly right on to the Dr. Drew show. :rocker:

I think RS was going to write a book and said this case would help him. Someone heard him say this outside the courtroom, maybe Dr Drew's Jurors?
I wonder if LaViolence is writing one?

Why is everyone so up in arms about the psychologist being paid ?Referring to him as Dr.$ The judge is paid, JM is paid, the defense is paid. Does anyone really expect that any professional witness is doing anything for free. And $250 an hour is not unreasonable. Again, why would anyone expect complete impartiality. He was hired by the defnese..not the court. I would be intersted though to know if the defense had had JA evaluated by anyone else and never shared that if the results were not to their liking.

Julie made comment Dr Drew that the folder under as JD says "her hiney" had something to do with financial gain... maybe she smuggles her "art" out so it's not folded to take away from its value?? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

That Julie so-called-friend-of-Travis is so bogus and annoying.

MOO

I'm sure you're talking about Julie Christopher the "intuitive". Cuz he has another very good friend Julie who has short spiky blond hair and is just a doll..she flies in from Utah every other week and is part of the rooftop HH crew, although being LDS, enjoys Dr. Pepper. :)

Why is everyone so up in arms about the psychologist being paid ?Referring to him as Dr.$ The judge is paid, JM is paid, the defense is paid. Does anyone really expect that any professional witness is doing anything for free. And $250 an hour is not unreasonable. Again, why would anyone expect complete impartiality. He was hired by the defnese..not the court. I would be intersted though to know if the defense had had JA evaluated by anyone else and never shared that if the results were not to their liking.

Because what he is $elling is impartiality to the jury.

If he came on there and told the TRUTH, that he was hired by the defense, to give a one sided opinion that supports their defense story, then I'd have more respect. But he's selling his opinion as impartial.

For that, I take i$$ue.

Edited to add, he testified he was going down a route of DID (dissociative identity disorder), UNTIL he discussed it with the defense team then decided it didn't apply. For God's sake, that's so obvious! If he was concerned about an accurate diagnosis wouldn't he discuss it with a PEER in his field to get their opinion? But clearly he discussed it with Nurmi and found it didn't apply, not to HER, but to their DEFENSE strategy.
Hired gun.

I think RS was going to write a book and said this case would help him. Someone heard him say this outside the courtroom, maybe Dr Drew's Jurors?
I wonder if LaViolence is writing one?

I do believe it was Katie who heard something like that. He clearly has all kinds of issues with boundaries if he was spouting that in earshot of anyone in the hall outside the courtroom.

I just found this web site when searching for the trial, had NO idea such a forum existed! Thank you, thank you to all of the court watchers, your posts are both fascinating and informative.

Welcome! This is a great and fabulous place to be...come in, take your shoes off, get your snacks & drinks at the sidebar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you kindly, KBisMe.

I overheard someone refer to JA as the victim the other day and almost choked. Two people were discussing 'that trial down in AZ about that poor abused woman.' I know we are a long way away and not everyone follows true crime, but REALLY? Poor abused JA? UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

Because he sold himself for money. Because instead of giving an IMPARTIAL evaluation as he was supposed to, he decided that she would have PTSD and fit everything she said or did in her life around this bogus diagnosis. It's not about how much money he got, it's about being a shill instead of a professional for a little fame and fortune once his book flew off the shelves as the guy that treated Jodi Arias. Whatevs.

Because he sold himself for money. Because instead of giving an IMPARTIAL evaluation as he was supposed to, he decided that she would have PTSD and fit everything she said or did in her life around this bogus diagnosis. It's not about how much money he got, it's about being a shill instead of a professional for a little fame and fortune once his book flew off the shelves as the guy that treated Jodi Arias. Whatevs.

It seems though that happens in every trial. You have one side saying this..the other side saying that. And both can be esteemed Dr.s in their own fields. I completely expected him, before he testified, to come up with a diagnosis that would help "explain" things for JA's benefit.

It seems though that happens in every trial. You have one side saying this..the other side saying that. And both can be esteemed Dr.s in their own fields. I completely expected him, before he testified, to come up with a diagnosis that would help "explain" things for JA's benefit.

I did too, of course. But I usually find that defense experts are more believable and come off as more impartial. This man is arguing for her like she's his own daughter. Usually an expert can admit to something else being a possibility to demonstrate his true impartiality. This guy can't even do that. The convince vs. convey is spot on. I have never seen an expert testify in a way this guy has, with such fondness and, dare I say, love. When he was talking about how delicate and passive she was after reading her journals it just got ridiculous. At that point he just sounded nauseatingly like an admirer, with his, "that just called out to me."

"When he was talking about how delicate and passive she was after reading her journals it just got ridiculous. At that point he just sounded nauseatingly like an admirer, with his, "that just called out to me."

That was pretty bad. I think if the jury had any doubts about his credibility..that sealed it!

True, but I didn't think it would be so obvious with the discarding certain disorders, the cards & book, and re-scoring tests. It also seems to me that he met her with PTSD already in mind. I just don't get any impartiality from him.

I find him hinky. (iPad auto-corrected that to hunky. No!!!)

I'd really love to know more about the cards. If it/they were for Nurmi, why would he give them to Jodi? Just mail'em!

I have a quick question also for those that may know: If the state expert diagnosed her something else, say a personality disorder, or if she rated high in those areas like on Samuels' test, will she be allowed to talk about it or will the defense bar her from disclosing that? Will she able to talk about the symptoms of her diagnosis? Or can she only talk about PTSD?

I have a quick question also for those that may know: If the state expert diagnosed her something else, say a personality disorder, or if she rated high in those areas like on Samuels' test, will she be allowed to talk about it or will the defense bar her from disclosing that? Will she able to talk about the symptoms of her diagnosis? Or can she only talk about PTSD?

Even Dr Quack said she had a personality disorder when answering the jury question. But he didn't say he explored it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member