a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm old enough to remember that dirt-bag.

Did BTK get DP or LWOP? I don't know if Kansas has DP or if they do is it ever imposed.

He is evil like ja, maybe worse because he was able to continue his evil because he wasn't caught for years.
If ja hadn't been caught I believe there would have been more victims.

I think all his killings were before KS reinstated the DP.

I know nothing about law but when Dr. Samuels said that I thought the judge should have spoken up. Aren't there any consequences for talking like that to an attorney?

Yes. The jury either loses all respect for the witness and discounts what he has to say, or they think "way to stand up for yourself". Just depends on how they are leaning - pro state or pro defense

This link was posted on the main thread. It is an awesome read about what Dr. Samuels did and not do re testing.

Also along side is another great article re an angle about Jodi's childhood.

Worth the time to read.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-how-expert-was-dr-samuels-expert-testimony/[/quote

Very good; especially the article re JA as a youth. This gives some insight into the taped interrogation videos when Detective Flores told Jodi that he had spoken to her parents and they believed that she had “something to do with Travis’s murder.”

Thank you KKL, Pasa, and all those who have attended the trial. I won't repeat here all everyone has said about the emotions, difficulties, exhaustion, etc. I can't begin to thank you for everything you experience on Travis' family and our behalf.

I so appreciate that you are all able to report on the jury, the one part of the trial we can't see. As to their questions, they have been superb.

One question to RS that impressed me the most was one that JM could probably not ask was the one about any other diagnoses. He very quickly said something about personality disorder of some sort and moved on as though such a diagnosis was a minor detail.

This is a terrific opening of the door for the State's witness, Demarte to speak on that. AZ lawyer will correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that if the defense decided to bring in an expert who administered tests, the prosecution had the opportunity to do the same. IIRC, in that other trial in FL, the defense wanted to use PTSD in their CIC, but had to withdraw their witnesses as they did not want the prosecution witnesses to be able to testify.

I just don't know if the laws in FL and AZ are the same.

BBM: Katie - be careful. I feel certain some from the "other" side read here and probably are on the lookout for giggles, etc. I would bet my last dollar they would love nothing more than to have you NOT be able to report to us.

I think so too, but it took them weeks to get wise to the blue ribbons. I don't have time today to catch up, but I do hope the idea of elephants and blue clothes, etc. have been squashed. The defense is looking for any excuse to claim a mistrial. Any show of solidarity like that they can morph into "the whole gallery is carrying guilty signs." So, the best you can do, is just sit there stone-faced until the verdict is reached.
:gthanks: to KCL and all the observers!

No, not brilliant psychopath. If she was brilliant, she wouldn't have left a trail a mile wide behind her (car rental, gas cans, gun theft etc). Cunning perhaps, but then again, animals are cunning. Brilliant, not even close.

I don't think brilliant is the right word, more like inexperienced/beginner/new at murdering. IMO

Was JM actually on the show or did you just know the cases were ones he handled?

Any chance you remember which ones they were?

I have been trying to find this AM with no luck yet. Both were murder cases in AZ and our Juan was interviewed at the end of both as the prosecutor. The more I tried to remember (since watched both in middle of night).. the more confused I got because there is 48 Hours and there is Dateline... it was one of those. But those old episodes are shown on ID, TLC and Discovery... and I flip back and forth in the middle of the night trying to find one I haven't see. I will look again in a bit.

I call it good and bad. I like simplicity. :biggrin: A 'good' psychopath is still scary but in a different way - they're the ones so charming you can't help but like them, and often trust them, until they've drained your bank account, left you homeless, and dropped your beloved pets off at the humane society. They flow through life, victim after victim after victim, very rarely ever being held accountable for their actions - leaving said victims usually on a precipice between sanity and a nervous breakdown. They're the ones very few ever suspect of any wrong doing, despite any evidence, leaving their victim pool wide open. They, unlike the 'bad' have the potential to manipulate several people at once. Ted Bundy would be an example of a 'good' psychopath though, as a serial killer, an extreme (but very possible) example. Scott Peterson's probably a better example.

Then there's Jodi...or a 'bad' psychopath. I was utterly shocked by her demeanor the first day of testimony because I'd assumed she'd be a good psychopath. The 'bad' ones are incapable, at least to some extent, of really blending in with others. They struggle to be likable or personable. They very often can only target one person at a time - making it difficult for them to secure a new source. No matter how hard they may try to appear human many people often will feel something is very off about them. They're more openly chaotic, destructive, disordered, and 'inhuman' than their good counterparts. They don't get away, as often, with their abuse and mishandling of people and their victim pool is usually smaller than it would be with a 'good' psychopath. Bad psychopaths scare the bejeesus out of me because of their very apparent inhumanity...it is just so close to evil personified. Very often too, from what I've seen, these tend to be perpetrators who may only commit a crime or two before they're caught whereas good psychopaths can go decades undetected...of course, not all are criminals either though. Charles Manson would be this type for me to use an example most understand.

All JMO

:goodpost::clap:

I so agree with you. She can't stand that her usual methods aren't working on him. She hasn't been able to outsmart JM either and it's eating her alive. MOO, of course. :)

I agree that she hasn't outsmarted him, but I do think SHE believes she has. That's why she's so confident. I think in her head everyone else is unworthy, and dumb. That's narcissism.

all that you said PLUS all the news media buzz on the Lifetime movie that is being made. All she can think about is her fame and Hollywood and not that the movie is about how and why Travis' life was cut short. I wish someone could pop those two balloons she wears under her skin.
:twocents:

Pulled way back for this missed question. What I noticed was that Jodi seemed extra cocky on Thursday for some reason. She had her red shirt on and of course always when the jury's gone her demeanor changes. She's been coached or coached herself to do that flat affect routine (and dammit girl can HOLD that) when they are there but as soon as they leave she smiles, she's animated, she chitchats with the MS and Willmott (of course ignoring her mother 100% that I can tell). I did notice she was extra perky on Thurs I think she was fueled by her little blue ribbon "victory".

Honestly I think this chick is sick enough that she believes she is going to be exonerated, found not guilty and leave jail once this is over. Of course her attorneys know she's not but I do think she's planning that. I for one can't wait to see her face on verdict day.

Scott Peterson showed no expression...I think it might be different with Jodi Arias.

:QUOTE=Dmacky;9078303]I saw her writing today with her RIGHT HAND and it was very natural. Did Jodi tell us all a lie :what: I am shocked. I am without words. I cannot believe she told us a FIB.

Could it have something to do with the stab wounds and the entrance to TA's body? A Ninja would most likely be right handed, but her supposedly being left handed, she couldn't have inflicted the wounds? Who the heck knows![/QUOTE]

I am left handed, BUT my dominate or the arm that is the strongest say to throw a punch is my right arm. Not saying I could not with my left but it would be the first arm that instinctively come forward first. When I was in the military in bootcamp I learned this the hard way with Pugo sticks, my Drill Sgt put the stick in what hand he thought would be the best being I was left handed...uhmmm my left arm sucked. Lefties can be weird: I eat with my left, write with my left, drink with both, play guitar with my right, golf with my right, bowl with my right, sew with my left, some things I can do with both.

Also I have observed JA writing with both her left and right hand....she twists the paper TOOOOOO weird and holds her hand way to odd when she uses her left hand. Her write hand appears to flow easily. If she is right handed and has more strength in her left arm she would have used her left arm to stab him. I would use my right arm most likely. The only way to know for sure is to watch her on video somewhere as to what hand gravitates for large muscle movement first. Just my thought:)

Just discovered this site, and am grateful for the amazing insights; thank you to those enduring days and days at the trial as well as everyone else participating in the discussion.

Is it possible Jodi's claim that she shot first came from Flores' mistaken statement to her during the initial interrogation? I've always wondered why she would go that route when she should have known the evidence would not support it. But, looking at the timeline (Jodi claims she was not there, Flores tells her the think she was and that she shot him first, then the Ninja story where the shot first, then her story of self defense and she shot first, then the trial where defense was surprised at the ME testimony that HE NEVER TOLD FLORES HE WAS SHOT FIRST). Could it all have stemmed from Flores' mis-interpretation that wasn't uncovered until the trial?

Just a thought... I apologize if this isn't the correct thread for this.

Thanks again for this forum!

Didn't Jodi Arias post the video of Travis doing "Eddie Snell" comedy routine for PPL to youtube right around the time of Travis texting her she was a sociopath?
So is Jodi taking her story from the character Travis portrays in the video? His friend said Travis was totally opposite of that character. DD and his co-host were discussing this behavior (she thinks it was sorta crude) but Drew said it was a character, sad because Travis was talented and funny... here is the proof of her uploading Eddie Snell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hJl-kt2pIa0

More so if true along with the gas cans, cell phone turned off, hair dyed, Ryan alibi, etc.--Jodi planned this murder well in advance and her defense if caught and planned to slander his good name. Evil, evil woman.

Someone mentioned this, which made sense to me: she had the sex tape recording by then, and they speculated that she made the YouTube page as more blackmail - threatening to upload the tape unless he did what she wanted. She is one sick, crazy individual.

If I were a guy, and in the dating field.....this lunatic would have me totally turned off of casual dating for a lonnnng time. Much like "Jaws" made people afraid of the water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just discovered this site, and am grateful for the amazing insights; thank you to those enduring days and days at the trial as well as everyone else participating in the discussion.

Is it possible Jodi's claim that she shot first came from Flores' mistaken statement to her during the initial interrogation? I've always wondered why she would go that route when she should have known the evidence would not support it. But, looking at the timeline (Jodi claims she was not there, Flores tells her the think she was and that she shot him first, then the Ninja story where the shot first, then her story of self defense and she shot first, then the trial where defense was surprised at the ME testimony that HE NEVER TOLD FLORES HE WAS SHOT FIRST). Could it all have stemmed from Flores' mis-interpretation that wasn't uncovered until the trial?

Just a thought... I apologize if this isn't the correct thread for this.

Thanks again for this forum!

:seeya: :wagon: :party:

Personally I believe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure JA's #1 Mom's and Aunt's behavior does not go unnoticed by the jury and I hope their uncensored behavior continues to influence the jury. In their stupidity and total lack of decorum the uncouth JA supporters are actually working for the prosecution. Remember what Travis alluded to, 'JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER.'

I was unaware that the mother was helping JA flee. Has JA's parents' home been searched for the gun? And at the time of arrest, possessing knives and possessing a gun is too much of a coincidence. It seems to me, they are her MO and a blinking red sign that she is a danger to ALL society. Ain't they?

I can't imagine being in her shoes either BUT I do know that if that was me sitting in the courtroom I would be, as another member posted earlier, on my knees begging Travis's family for forgiveness for what my child had done to their loved one, I would be sitting in that seat with my eyes focused on those participating in the court proceedings and not only would I be respectful and considerate of what Travis's family is going through, better believe that I would be demanding the same consideration from any of my family and friends who were in the courtroom also. I also wouldn't be running up to the bailiff and tattling on others who are reacting to the horrendous crime my child committed for ANY reason.

Personally I believe the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm sure JA's #1 Mom's and Aunt's behavior does not go unnoticed by the jury and I hope their uncensored behavior continues to influence the jury. In their stupidity and total lack of decorum the uncouth JA supporters are actually working for the prosecution. Remember what Travis alluded to, 'JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER.'

I was unaware that the mother was helping JA flee. Has JA's parents' home been searched for the gun? And at the time of arrest, possessing knives and possessing a gun is too much of a coincidence. It seems to me, they are her MO and a blinking red sign that she is a danger to ALL society. Ain't they?

Not only was Jodi's mom helping Jodi plan her escape, the mom attempted to sale those forged letters of Travis to the NE several times and has been putting Jodi's pseudo artwork on ebay.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Karas-Bring-Back-Beth/556728244361860?ref=ts&fref=ts

Put up a kind of cool pic of her w/ her performance crew on there...she's in a performance in NYC tonite for charity!

:D Great time (next year) and place for us NY, NJ, DEL., MD, & PA WebSleuths to meet and greet. KCL will you fly out? (new, new, delmarpa's)

cancan.gif

BBM: Katie - be careful. I feel certain some from the "other" side read here and probably are on the lookout for giggles, etc. I would bet my last dollar they would love nothing more than to have you NOT be able to report to us.

I believe there are media and those from the other side reading here. I have no proof, just a strong feeling. :)

isn't he also going to be JA's sperm donor?
vomit.gif

First of all, that guy is a nut! Lol. He said on one of the shows that he wasn't going to go to court anymore because there were too many people assuming they were romantically involved.

He said that JA thinks this will result in a hung jury and that will make the prosecution look bad. She said she'll get a other trial in a couple of years and be found guilty of manslaughter and released on time served.

After that he came back on and said that she was making up stories because she's still trying to protect her family. He said the second story is true and they (the ninjas) were there to kill TA for Mormon blood atonement. That she couldn't have possibly done it. That was the last he's been heard from.

What a whack job!!![/QUOTE

I remember his name but I will be da**ed if I will give him any more attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members