a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do the same. I've also found the Oprah channel (OWN) also carries some investigative type programs at times.

The defendants in cases Juan prosecuted that I can recall offhand are: Doug Grant, Scott Falater, and Bryan Stewart. There was also a serial killer he prosecuted, but I don't think there's been a show about that case. His name is Cory Morris.

I found some info on Cory Morris.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/morris-cory.htm
Ah yes.. I left OWN off my list. LOL.. rarely watch network television. Just wish "my" networks didn't repeat their shows every 4 or so hours from Friday-Sunday nights. Whatever would I do without a good Websleuth's murder trial! We need to do something about the demise of CourtTV/IS. Any ideas Tricia??

"How about his "no more memory problems than you do" not once but TWICE to Martinez. Whiny snippy for a professional psychologist. Wah."

I thought JM had that coming. He' treated the Dr. with disrespect: it was not a valid question and we all know that. If the Judge is going to allow that kind of style from JM, fair game for the witness to strike back. imo

The cameras are so far away , you really don't even think about them. Unless you are a malignant Narcissist and I'm sure then you're all in to them.

Scott Peterson was very aware of the cameras, it was very obvious as he looked right into the camera a lot. Casey was occasionally smirking into the camera, not so much Jodi, except for the "finger".:what:

How about his "no more memory problems than you do" not once but TWICE to Martinez. Whiny snippy for a professional psychologist. Wah.

This response alone, revealed to me a clear insight to the man....I now know why he's so into the low self esteem. He's deceived himself into thinking he has overcome it. :floorlaugh:

Someone actually spent $499 dollars on THAT????

:what:

i have been watching the auctions and most are won by fake bidders, ppl willing to run the feedback to wim and refuse to pay so hardly anything ever gets sold

Copying this from the other thread as it applies here too:

I know there's been some discussion about Jodi making eyes or somehow a connection with a juror. I was there every day this week except Tues. That's just not happening.

There was one day this week where the jury was filing out, they weren't all out the door and the door was still open and there was a huge outburst of laughter by a female from outside the door. That may have been what she was reacting to on the camera. It caught everyone's attention and several journalists laughed behind me. It was kind of startling.

NONE of them look her way EVER when they are walking in and out. They all, for the most part, look straight head at the person in front of them. Very infrequently a couple male jurors glance in the direction of the media side of the gallery as they are leaving. NONE of them ever look in her direction.

In fact toward the end of her testimony that never ended, many of them weren't even looking at her on the stand WHILE she was talking.

My impression is that she somehow thinks in her twisted mind , that she is making contact with them. She watched their backs as they filed out away from her with this weird look on her face as if she was making contact with them, the same affect she had when they walked in, again not looking at her.

Don't trust what you see on the camera w/ her. She is NOT making eye contact or any kind of contact with these jurors.

I was there Tuesday (afternoon session). I have not seen any of the jurors look at ja or towards her. They did look when she was on the stand but they were looking back and forth between her and JM.

As you said they look at the person in front of them as they file out or look down as they leave the courtroom.

I have noticed her watching the jurors as they leave. Maybe she's trying to read which one or two are possibles *in her mind* to try and sway.
As far as I'm concerned they are ready to check the guilty box.

I can see by watching the feed that some may get the impression she is making eye contact from the expression on her face.

Does anyone know how many more D witnesses will be called? Hoping the next "expert" will not take so long on the stand. Hearing JW grill Samuels over and over with the same questions is torture.

Has anyone had any luck finding accommodations for the family that are nice and free??

I think laviolette, the Dome$tic Violence expert is the last and she is due up this week.

I don't know anything about the accommodations other than last week they had no place to stay for the night until after court. KCL knows more about what's going on and who is working on finding them a place to stay.

JA's lizard like non blinking eyes are freaky. I've tried to have a few staring competition with her while watching clips and she wins every singe time!

Me, too. The eyes are the window.....however Ive noticed that I cant get a true read on ja because of the lazy eye. One time she is right eyed dominant,
the next camera shot, it's the left. But one definitely reveals the true inner being more than the other. Just cant determine which one, in such a brief moment on the screen :banghead:

Do you guys think that Demarte's stolen lap top had something to do with this trial? Will she still be able to testify to everything she wanted to without it? I hope that the most important info had already been printed and given to Martinez and the DT.

Ah yes.. I left OWN off my list. LOL.. rarely watch network television. Just wish "my" networks didn't repeat their shows every 4 or so hours from Friday-Sunday nights. Whatever would I do without a good Websleuth's murder trial! We need to do something about the demise of CourtTV/IS. Any ideas Tricia??

Same here. I have seen Forensic Files a number of times, but I would rather watch those than some of the stupid carp on network. I do like Survivor and Dancing With The Stars. Haven't watched either this season due to the trial. :)

I wish OWN or someone would pick up live trials and give Beth a job. She's too good to be unemployed. Oprah gave Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz their start, why not Beth with a legal type show.

Scott Peterson was very aware of the cameras, it was very obvious as he looked right into the camera a lot. Casey was occasionally smirking into the camera, not so much Jodi, except for the "finger".:what:

I don't think the Scott Peterson trial was televised. CourtTV tried to get cameras in but were denied. KCL will know, she attended that trial with Jordy.

I think laviolette, the Dome$tic Violence expert is the last and she is due up this week.
I don't know anything about the accommodations other than last week they had no place to stay for the night until after court. KCL knows more about what's going on and who is working on finding them a place to stay.

BBM - If the DV expert is the last witness, then the DT subpoenaed Skye and Chris Hughes for spite. Not that I am shocked by this.

This link was posted on the main thread. It is an awesome read about what Dr. Samuels did and not do re testing.

Also along side is another great article re an angle about Jodi's childhood.

Worth the time to read.

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-how-expert-was-dr-samuels-expert-testimony/[/quote

Very good; especially the article re JA as a youth. This gives some insight into the taped interrogation videos when Detective Flores told Jodi that he had spoken to her parents and they believed that she had “something to do with Travis’s murder.”

Very interesting site. :seeya: Thank you!

You are correct, they still don't allow cameras in the courtroom,I think bcuz of the OJ trial and what a SPECTALICAL it became...

jumping off your post, respectfully.

Thank you!

I'm not especially bothered by being in the courtroom with ja. She's a non-person as far as I'm concerned, not worth my consideration. I'm not afraid because she's got an electronic shock belt on and will be zapped if she tries anything. What's difficult is knowing the family is being tortured by the defense's CIC, making Travis out to be a monster. When in reality, it's their own client.

I'm sure Travis wasn't perfect, none of us are. I don't care if he was having pre-marital sex, or what he did in his private life between consenting adults.
I don't care what his religious beliefs were. Those are non-issues to me as far as this crime.

I've read on these very boards that his one sister looks "rough". She is very pretty in person and not harsh at all. What I believe people are seeing is gut wrenching pain she and the other siblings have to endure and not being allowed to show any emotion. The sister has told me a couple of times how much she appreciates our support (attending trial), and how it means so much to the family.

Juan may be a pit-bull but appears very supportive to the family when they are in a "huddle". That is one of the reasons I respect him so much... he treats them with dignity then a few minutes later goes for $amuel's jugular. :)

Just some personal courtroom ramblings. :)

When I first saw TA's sister, I also thought she looked a little rough, but then I saw a video of her wedding and an interview someone did with her and her brother, and you see someone very, very different. Her voice is soft and just comes off very innocent. And her wedding video shows how beautiful she is. I did notice that the expression on her face is very different during the trial than at other times. So just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3