a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU. Not all stalking is done by a total stranger! Travis had a lot of compassion--a result, probably, of his own childhood. Contrary to what ALV was saying, children from abusive homes sometimes tend to live their lives in total opposition to what they experienced!

As for the argument that he wasn't scared b/c he talked to and saw the defendant, it was due to her manipulations. She made herself look like the "perfect woman" for Travis--one not interested in a committed relationship leading to marriage. To keep Travis in her sick life, JA became a "sex kitten"--a woman who only wants sex, no commitment. Travis would agree to that--he would NOT agree to her as his girlfriend, fiancee or even friend.

Jodi saw that she could only be in Travis' life if she acted like she was only interested in sex with him. SHE is the manipulator. SHE is the liar. SHE insisted on this "freinds with benefits" relationship. SHE self-styled herself as the "Ultimate Booty Call"--the perfect woman (in her sick mind). All to keep a hold on Travis--control--SHE is the perpetrator.

ALV talks about intervention changing that. Wouldn't that have been the positive attitudes of both his grandparents who Travis spoke highly of? They certainly set a good example, as we can see in court with his brother and sisters sitting right there in from of ALV. Did she not pursue the influence that the grandmother had on these children? I think that would have been very important in her assessment. It seems ALV did this evaluation with blinders on.

News article explains Donovan Bering makes the tweets for Jodi after their pone calls.

Supposedly JA has over 500 followers on twitter. Give me a break!! That is unbelievable to me that any decent person would follow her on twitter. :furious:

I do think it will be interesting to see if ALV gives the same sort of combative "non-answers" when the jury's questions are read, in order to demonstrate how clever she thinks she is. If she does, it will be one more nail in her coffin.

On the other hand, if she gives straight answers and attempts to win the jury over with a simpering smile, they can't help but see the hypocrisy in the differences between her demeanor with the prosecutor, and with them.

In short, she can't win. My schadenfreude will be immense. :great:

Supposedly JA has over 500 followers on twitter. Give me a break!! That is unbelievable to me that any decent person would follow her on twitter. :furious:

I wouldn't assume that "followers" are supporters. Lots of people love to watch a train wreck, and some of those followers may be anti-Jodi-ites who simply want to keep tabs on her. 500 is a pretty paltry number, in light of her supposed notoriety.

Wow! She doesn't like HLN, makes a comment about anger management problems, makes a comment about "little man syndrome" Says that finger was for Nancy.....(would that be Grace?)

This makes me think JW is letting her read text messages from others. Is this even legal? I thought her contact with the outside world was strictly controlled?

This has to be fake. Do you really think she'd put that picture of herself on twitter as her profile pic? Anyone can create a twitter using any name.

I wouldn't assume that "followers" are supporters. Lots of people love to watch a train wreck, and some of those followers may be anti-Jodi-ites who simply want to keep tabs on her. 500 is a pretty paltry number, in light of her supposed notoriety.

I know you are totally right here. But it just gets under my skin that anyone is giving her this attention. She already thinks she is a celebrity of sorts. I can read her twitter & I don't even have a twitter account. So you wouldn't have to follow her to keep tabs on it. It just really bothers me.

At least Ebay stepped up & banned her artwork. I reported her listing paintings every time I saw them up for sale on Ebay. I guess a lot of people did that so Ebay rightfully put a stop to it. She should not be profiting on the horrific murder she pre-planned & committed.

A very small number compared to the St VS Jodi Arias approaching 35000 likes.

Alyce's father was there? Gee, she has a bigger support group than jodi herself. I guess when a witness needs support like that, they must feel it isn't going to well.

I think this is about her 15 minutes of fame, but good lord! She took this job for one reason, and that's to build up her credentials. Of course the next time we read her view of this, she will be the "star wittness" for the defense team.

PASA and Katie, huge thanks to both of you for attending and sharing. I just couldn't listen to ALV yesterday... she and JW make me want to cuss and scream and that could get me banned.

And by the way, I have to show up for jury duty on June 3rd. I just can't imagine anyone choosing me for jury duty, I am too black and white. And I have nothing even resembling a poker face. If I were seated I'd be tossed before the end of the session.

LOL!!! ME TOO!!!

:crazy:

ALV talks about intervention changing that. Wouldn't that have been the positive attitudes of both his grandparents who Travis spoke highly of? They certainly set a good example, as we can see in court with his brother and sisters sitting right there in from of ALV. Did she not pursue the influence that the grandmother had on these children? I think that would have been very important in her assessment. It seems ALV did this evaluation with blinders on.

ITA! I wish I could ask ALV what in the world was Travis' Grandma doing? Isn't THAT intervention? Who intervened in JA's life? Nobody. It was actually almost comical (if it wasn't so sad) when the camera panned Travis' family in the gallery as ALV trashed their upbringing.

The only degenerate in the room was Jodi Arias.

As the Adult Child of an Alcoholic wife-beater father, I can attest to the importance of grandparents! When looking for reasons some of us turn out okay, factoring in resiliency data is essential to . . . what(?) . . . Oh yeah, CONTEXT and THE BIG PICTURE.

As the Adult Child of an Alcoholic wife-beater father, I can attest to the importance of grandparents! When looking for reasons some of us turn out okay, factoring in resiliency data is essential to . . . what(?) . . . Oh yeah, CONTEXT and THE BIG PICTURE.

Exact same situation here! I never lived with my grandparents, but seeing what a normal home life was like (week long visits with grandparents) is a big part of who I am today.

Members, please read this article from USA Today and you will realize why we've had to be so strict on the name calling and disparaging remarks of the defense team's witnesses.

Could it be construed as witness intimidation? Regardless of the argument for or against free speech, Websleuths will not be responsible for giving the appearance of any organized effort to intimidate or tamper with any witness during any trial.

We ask that you please post responsibly.

Thank you.
Sue and Tricia
Websleuths.com Owners

I saw a couple questions about Travis journals and Sky turning them over etc. Ive been wondering about this my self and was trying to see if it was answered, but couldnt find an answer. did i overlook it?

Thank you ladies for your notes and insights!! I get so much out of these observations - I do not watch HLN - I watch when Juan is on online and then I do not watch the defense... So your notes are all I get outside of what I see and I do not trust HLN to do as a good a job as you.(ummmm not even close!!)

Also, I grew up in an abusive home. My father was an alcoholic and a violent person. All 4 of us kids got beaten as if we were adults - as in punches, kicks and being thrown against walls... belts, cables, etc etc I could on.... None of my brothers are violent (I have 3 brothers) and I have been married for 22 years and am not abusive towards my husband. I have a son and my biggest goal in life was not to pass on to my son the stuff I got from my parents.... and I have not!! So ALV saying that abused children become abusers is a lie... some do, of course, but not all. It is an insult to hear her say that, and I feel like reaching into the TV and telling her off...

Anyway - sorry if I am OT but needed to say that.

Hugs to all.

I saw a couple questions about Travis journals and Sky turning them over etc. Ive been wondering about this my self and was trying to see if it was answered, but couldnt find an answer. did i overlook it?

Someone answered it by saying a roommate found them, and gave them to Sky. I'm just so curious as to why she still had them up till her depo. Why wouldn't the investigators have them?

I dont think its a good idea for ALV to have all her supporters there. I know she probably thinks its looks better to show people support her and all. But to me it makes her look like she is not taking it seriously. When questioned by the defense it was all giggles. Then with Juan she couldnt wait to get in her comedy lines. Like "are you mad at me" time out" etc. I think having her supporters there is more distracting than helpful to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth