a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I just read that and immediately started to cry..prollly the most precious question I've ever been asked. (sigh...) And to answer it; In a heartbeat, my dear, in a heartbeat. As I said before, you are one extraordinary woman. :)

:heart:

"She blamed it on glass, she blamed it on a cat, she's blamed it on so many different things. Now she blames it on apples" Nancy Grace

But you had to see her face and inflections. That was my bedtime story. lol

Now :eek:fftobed:

I am positive that after Juans cross yesterday and today the dt is in full panic mode. I think they will revert to any and everything to get a mistrial. For the last month I have chosen not to give them any ideas on juror thoughts or how the jury may be thinking.

Katie,Pasa, and court observers ..just want to let you know how much I appreciate the way you limit the info that you have chosen to reveal. I have great respect for all of you.

I can only imagine how difficult it is the watch this family in so much pain...so glad you are there. To give to trully to recieve. Bless you all.

I wonder why the judge wants to see Alice? She said Tuesday or Monday if available. She seemed displeased.

To our jurors,

Are all of the jurors submitting questions or are these coming from a select view. If this has been already answered I apologize. :facepalm:

Beth Karas reported today that about half of the jurors are submitting questions, and as usual (because she's awesome) cautioned that we can't extrapolate much from this as to how the jury is thinking as a whole.

I wonder why the judge wants to see Alice? She said Tuesday or Monday if available. She seemed displeased.

SHE, who was not amused.

Now, ALV has the judge, Juan Travis' family/friends all hating on her. Her eyes look as though she is extremely frighten. I would be too if I were in her position.

"She blamed it on glass, she blamed it on a cat, she's blamed it on so many different things. Now she blames it on apples" Nancy Grace

But you had to see her face and inflections. That was my bedtime story. lol

Now :eek:fftobed:

I know, I just heard about that! Where the he//did that come from? Is that like Lizzie Borden with the pears? Not that Lizzie had cuts, but the fruit part works for me. :great:

On HLN last night there was a news flash across the bottom of the screen that said something about a secret journal in JA's jail cell being confiscated. I can't find any news about that online. Did anyone else see that or know anything about it?

After a Microsoft update a couple of days ago (they usually do them on Tuesdays) my computer would not come all the way up the next day. This happened several times as I tried to troubleshoot it, and I got the impression it had never completely turned off, no matter what I did with the power button. I finally had to not only unplug it, but remove the battery completely for a short time. After that, it came up fine. There was ANOTHER update last night that may have fixed something they introduced on Tuesday (I'm TOTALLY guessing here because I'm too tired/lazy to google it right now). I'm running W7 on this laptop (you can NEVER have too many spare laptops, and I started up my previous one (running Vista) just to make sure I didn't miss any of the trial).

So if you had a symptom that had to do with power or not starting all the way up (or possibly not shutting down all the way), it may have had something to do with that, rather than a virus. Or it may be a virus. Some people call Windows (any version) a virus, so your mileage may vary :biggrin:

I thought this was just me! My laptop was stuck "installing 6 of 7 updates" and it said that when I left for work in the morning. I just held the power button until it went off, unplugged power cable for a minute, plugged it back in and restarted it and it ran fine after that. I have no idea what Microsoft did, but they f'd up something...

On HLN last night there was a news flash across the bottom of the screen that said something about a secret journal in JA's jail cell being confiscated. I can't find any news about that online. Did anyone else see that or know anything about it?

Yes there were journals seized from JA's cell. From what I understand Martinez originated the seizure. Haven't heard and don't know anything more about them.

I just posted the following in the weekend thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too, because I'm wondering if any of our court watchers saw this or if they know who should be contacted about it. I suspect the camera person may have contacted someone, since the camera stayed on JA for this part, but you never know. Whatever she did, she wasn't supposed to be doing it:

I never actually saw anything IN her hands other than the notebook and the pencil, but she did something she shouldn't have been doing (I think she hides something). Does D have access to those chairs after the court clears out or before court convenes?

Snipped by me.

I have to say I don't see it but I've missed things like this before. I think JA is a fiddler (umm so am I) and for want of a better way to describe things, I think she's just playing with the chair, feeling the textures, the coolness of the metal etc.... I know it's weird but I do it too at various times - when I'm bored, to distract myself, even more comfort... loads of other non-reasons as well. I have ADHD btw and I'm constantly doing stuff that lets my brain thing in many ways at once.

Morning! Katiecoolady, thank you for sharing your notes from Thursday.

I fully appreciate the situation you are in. Don't let it add to your stress level, please. Know that you have all of us to watch your back and to help you in whatever way we can.

As we all know, this trial will come to an end and the sunshine will illuminate all we want to know. We just need patience and a whole lot of it!

Enjoy your weekend and spaghetti sauce making!

Good Morning KCL,

Hmmm...what are your thoughts on the guard taking notes about JA's movements now? I have thought all week that her behavior and looks are changing rapidly. Her weight loss..I've seen where posters think it's purposeful to make jury feel sorry, but I disagree. She's narcissistic, and has a skewed opinion of how she is doing in the trial, so I really don't think she's starve herself. Her hair is not clean and styled. She has been sitting at the table drawing, and not as engaged with the trial. She has been muttering and mocking the judge. JM seems to be coddling her and doing what she can to prevent whatever from happening. I wonder if she has had some sort of episodes at the jail that we don't hear about, and her jail psychiatrist has requested notes about her behavior. She seems to be rapidly spiraling downward into some sort of state. I just wondered if you would know why the guard would start taking notes on her movements all of a sudden.

No note taking re: Travis double life.

Fear of losing who you are.

So she extrapolates this to fear to anger to rage to abuse-ok.

Again she betrays all TRUE domestic violence victims she's ever helped.

Paul R. places a juror question in the basket (he and CEO are right in front of it so often they are passed to them and they place in the basket).

CEO appears to write a question. Writing fast and alot.

~~~~~~~~BREAK~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long talk with WildAboutTrial on the break. Love that he/she is keeping their mystique and I'll hold it for them.

ALV back up, here come the jury questions.

Oh wait, here's the burger name Nicole and i came up with for the Juan Martinez burger:

The Spicy Slider
I might be small but I can make you sweat.

Q- You stated that....

She's gonna go on and on with these questions...

Paul R note taking

Friends/family question --CEO note taking

What did you learn re: Travis? Paul R., Nancy , HW note taking
Maureen too

Do you think Jodi could have lied to you to protect case?

Hard time looking at herself as a battered woman (until YOU convinced her to go this way)
Smiling biiig.. Wild, he/she, was recently a guest on one of the HLN "shows". Only reason I watched was Wild. My lips will remain sealed except to say interview/commentary was a good one. :)

The jurors will rember this. Wheres the rope? Let her hang herself.

I don't think she realizes that the effect of her smirking at the prosecutor during her cross while she was on the stand is now seen in their questions to the DV expert. They see Jodi as very manipulative by what she was doing to Juan.

DEFENDANT?S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS? JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013

Sooooo...does this mean that Juan ordered a search of her cell and the secret
journals were found and turned over to Juan and now the DT has a motion for him to give the journals to the DT?

I'm down the rabbit hole, I swear!!

Thanks

If Jodi kicked, slapped her mother--she's really gonna excuse this isn't she?

Exaggerating again? That's what they are thinking (jury)

I'm so sick of her taking every question and spinning it to claim Travis was abusive. Defense is getting what they paid for.

Don't have the whole story? All the information you can get that points to the opinion you were paid to give.

? re: Jodi a perp? "No evidence" this hurts her credibility

? Jodi psych abuse of Travis? She uses prior relationships. NO note taking any jurors
And DT will probably try to do the same to Dr. DeMarte but will surely fail, IMOO. From readings, it would appear that Dr. D is a very knowledgeable professional and the jury will learn that from her testimony, unlike ALV. I predict that her testimony will contain credible evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95