a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Karas reported today that about half of the jurors are submitting questions, and as usual (because she's awesome) cautioned that we can't extrapolate much from this as to how the jury is thinking as a whole.

I don't think anyone should be too concerned about whether the jury is thinking in lock step right now. There are clearly many who get it and when the time comes for deliberation, those who do will have the opportunity to convince those who have concerns or doubts. Right now, this jury is under an obligation not to discuss the case or the evidence with each other - but that time is coming. I'm keeping the faith. :)

"She blamed it on glass, she blamed it on a cat, she's blamed it on so many different things. Now she blames it on apples" Nancy Grace

But you had to see her face and inflections. That was my bedtime story. lol

Now :eek:fftobed:

LOL..reminded me of when JM questioned her about the finger...."And one of the things we know about this finger ma'am, is this finger has certainly had it 's share of hard times.."

Over the moon with jury questions yesterday! Most delighted with the question about the break in 2 days prior to text message (Imo.still thinking in terms of premeditation) seeing as JM rebuttal will certainly hammer the premeditation to secure a first degree conviction!

If Willmott, at dinner last night with ALV, was giving AlV legal advice of any kind regarding ALV's return to court Monday or Tuesday, wouldn't that be a huge conflict of interest?

I don't think anyone should be too concerned about whether the jury is thinking in lock step right now. There are clearly many who get it and when the time comes for deliberation, those who do will have the opportunity to convince those who have concerns or doubts. Right now, this jury is under an obligation not to discuss the case or the evidence with each other - but that time is coming. I'm keeping the faith. :)

I totally agree!!! These questions are coming PRIOR to them even getting a collective opinion...I think it speaks volumes! I think things are getting REAL for the DT. Definitely observed that yesterday.

BBM

Exactly! And IIRC, the Lawyers and Judge go through all the questions before they're read to the witness. If there are duplicates they are removed. So, more than one Juror could have put similar questions in the basket- meaning that just because there was only one question, it doesn't mean that only one Juror asked it.
I posted someplace earlier that the reason I thought it was taking so long to go over the questions was because they were ALL pretty bad for DT, and they were arguing to keep as many out as judge would agree to.... poor babies

Good Morning KCL,

Hmmm...what are your thoughts on the guard taking notes about JA's movements now? I have thought all week that her behavior and looks are changing rapidly. Her weight loss..I've seen where posters think it's purposeful to make jury feel sorry, but I disagree. She's narcissistic, and has a skewed opinion of how she is doing in the trial, so I really don't think she's starve herself. Her hair is not clean and styled. She has been sitting at the table drawing, and not as engaged with the trial. She has been muttering and mocking the judge. JM seems to be coddling her and doing what she can to prevent whatever from happening. I wonder if she has had some sort of episodes at the jail that we don't hear about, and her jail psychiatrist has requested notes about her behavior. She seems to be rapidly spiraling downward into some sort of state. I just wondered if you would know why the guard would start taking notes on her movements all of a sudden.

Hi.. first post, but a long time reader. I do agree that Jodi is changing rapidly and I notice her demeanor is much different than even a few weeks ago. However, I think she is incredibly smart and realizes how "we" are all analyzing her every move. I think she is sometimes playing to the cameras and jurors. She is trying to appear as she is unraveling...I am thinking she is cooking up some new angle for her appeal. I DO think she could possibly have an outburst as she sees her comfy cell in Estrella going bye bye real soon. :great: I almost hope she does act out so we can see her stun belt in action. :blushing:

Hi.. first post, but a long time reader. I do agree that Jodi is changing rapidly and I notice her demeanor is much different than even a few weeks ago. However, I think she is incredibly smart and realizes how "we" are all analyzing her every move. I think she is sometimes playing to the cameras and jurors. She is trying to appear as she is unraveling...I am thinking she is cooking up some new angle for her appeal. I DO think she could possibly have an outburst as she sees her comfy cell in Estrella going bye bye real soon. :great: I almost hope she does act out so we can see her stun belt in action. :blushing:

Welcome to our group BlackLabLover! Great first post!

:wagon:

Who wouldn't want to be her momma???? Have her a nice hot meal to eat when she got home with a nice cool glass of wine. Hot tub of bubbly water drawing for after her meal. Then a nice massage of her back neck and feet. Tucked in bed with a kiss and hug when bedtime. Katie you are our hero and I would do this for you if I could.:blowkiss:

Just a thought about ALV possibly being in "hot water "....the motion for mistrials that was filed by DT (the most current) citing the "circus -like " atmosphere and citing ALV unable to assist JA in her defends due to public assassination...is it possible ALV was accessing Internet/media coverage during in order to discover/claim this, which is a big no -no... Thoughts???? Racking my brain trying to figure it out....

:seeya: hey welcome to WS!
now about this witness. honesty would be for her to admit she may have said a few things which are from information she got not from what she knows...
ya know?:twocents:

After hearing jury questions it's hard to be all cool headed like Beth. Have long loved her calm logic.

But yeah!! I soar on hearing the juror questions, watching Juan, hearing the insider's reports, and finding others here who have the same impression that this jury is doing the right thing now (taking their job seriously and paying very close attention) and WILL do the right thing when deciding.

KCL - What are rumors that you can share as to whether people think the defense is resting after ALV or not? They could have rested Friday if she was their last witness, but I would think they would wait until next week in that case to leave JM hanging as to when he could start redirect.

But then again, with so many witnesses traveling to testify, it could be that there is either an order or a gentleman's agreement to try to give some idea of timing on both sides.

If the defense is calling someone else, any idea who it would be? Also, would your gut feel be that JM will call Chris Hughes? If he could get up and give "context" to the note that has been used against TA, I'd think that would help. Of course he'd have to be coached to control himself because KN would try to goad him into erupting in front of the jury.

Thanks.

I too think The Murderess is about to come undone. She looks like crap, her hair is dirty, she is setting herself up for appeal. Jodi knows her gig will be up soon, while she is not stupid, but the psychopath in her is taking over again. Stick a fork in her, she's almost done! Bye bye, Miss American Pie!
On another note, alot of internet buzz this morning on legal sites about ALV is there may be evidence to impeach her testimony due to bias & misrepresentation of her CV. Then all of her testimony would be thrown out. If that's true hopefully the State of Arizona will save some money!

I too think The Murderess is about to come undone. She looks like crap, her hair is dirty, she is setting herself up for appeal. Jodi knows her gig will be up soon, while she is not stupid, but the psychopath in her is taking over again. Stick a fork in her, she's almost done! Bye bye, Miss American Pie!
On another note, alot of internet buzz this morning on legal sites about ALV is there may be evidence to impeach her testimony due to bias & misrepresentation of her CV. Then all of her testimony would be thrown out. If that's true hopefully the State of Arizona will save some money!

Why would anyone want her testimony thrown out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After hearing jury questions it's hard to be all cool headed like Beth. Have long loved her calm logic.

But yeah!! I soar on hearing the juror questions, watching Juan, hearing the insider's reports, and finding others here who have the same impression that this jury is doing the right thing now (taking their job seriously and paying very close attention) and WILL do the right thing when deciding.

We are not in Florida anymore!!! :rocker:

I'm not sure I agree with her being smart. If she were smart she wouldn't have shown her narcissism while on the stand. She shot herself in the head with how she acted with JM. I've known one person quite well who was a narcissist. She had a whole different view in her head of herself, how she was perceived and was unaware that people were laughing at her, thought she was nuts and didn't like her. In her mind she was popular and loved. She obviously thought while she was on the stand that she outwitted JM. She sees the world through glasses I can't imagine seeing through. I don't try to figure out or second guess what she is thinking because I can't go there. I really believe that her behavior the last week or so is genuinely strange and telling of something I just don't know what.

I'm always hesitant when I see You Tube and the dot is in the incorrect space. can somebody explain why as I never click on them if I see that.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean the dot on the progress bar at bottom of video? I believe it means the video is cued to the spot they want you to watch, instead of having to watch the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog