a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Katie and everyone,

Just sent some $ to the Alexander family fund thru Paypal this AM. Not much, but all I could afford.
Thanks for all your hard work.

YESorNo, I just have to respond to your post and to others who have posted the words, "not much" on the thread with a perhaps off-topic story.

When her children were in elementary school, my sister was going through very hard times financially. I helped where I could, but I could never do as much for them as I would have liked to because she never told me!

Just before Thanksgiving one year, the school had its food drive. My sister always kept a hefty supply of canned food on hand for the lean times. She'd wait for the magic combination of coupons and sales and stock up.

She sent each of her three children to school with a bag of canned food to donate. She didn't tell them that there would be no turkey or ham for Thanksgiving dinner that year.

About a week later, a member of the PTA appeared at the door with a big box of food for Thanksgiving. There was everything to make the dinner, including a huge turkey! Then, a representative of a local church came to the door with yet another box of food and a turkey.

My sister told the woman that she had already received a turkey and didn't need it. The lady said to my sister, take it, it is your Christmas dinner.

My sister had Paid it Forward with what she could afford. She received it back manifold.

Many "what I can affords" add up and are treasured by the recipient!

God bless...

On Friday, AVL stated that she based her opinion in part on Travis’s blog which included a description of his early childhood. She also made a statement that Travis wanted to marry a Gold Digger. I looked on his blogspot and found this entry. Following is an excerpt from his last blog entry.

Travis Alexanders last blogspot entry dated May 18, 2008

“Why I Want to Marry a Gold Digger”

“There is a phrase with a stigma attached I find interesting, “Gold Digger”. Now I obviously don’t like the stereotypical Gold digger. The phrase “Gold Digger” has come to mean in our society a man or a woman who marries for money, usually as an easy road to material gain with out any effort or productivity of their own. To reap what you have not sown is no better than a thief, mooch or a looter. However I couldn’t think of a better phrase to describe what I desire in an Eternal Companion. I want someone to love me for the Gold that is with in me and is willing to dig with me to extract it. I heard someone once say, “Speak to the king within the man and within the man the king will appear.”

**** It appears ALV’s definition of Gold Digger is not the same as Travis’s. Did she even read this blog. This clearly shows her lack of objectivity, shoddy work product and bias. She told the jury that he wanted to marry a Gold Digger to give a negative impression of Travis. It is obvious she only read the title and not the blog entry itself.

If anyone want to get a sense of the real Travis, take a look at his blogspot when you have time. He is no way near the type of person the DT is trying to paint him.

Wonder if this is what made Jodi snap and is when she started making plans to kill him?

Not that I was told but Dennis the camera man does think he has it. I've just not been informed about it. I really don't think this issue is about that. I do think that was handled back then. Sadly Nurmi drags out this "photo op" business with Grace Wong (it appears at least) and this "Victim approach" issue is handled behind closed doors.

I'm just glad I was able to bring some AWARENESS to it from a Victims Rights perspective. In the judicial system (here in the US), murderers enjoy so many more rights than the victims families...well of course until they are incarcerated then...well buh bye to your rights. Such as FREEDOM. :seeya:

BBM - Why doesn't the judge want to see the original video and talk to the reporter from 12 News instead of the edited version from HLN? http://www.azcentral.com/video/2261149720001

I previously sent my donation to the above address of Samantha Alexander... FYI...

No prizes needed... Just knowing I am helping is all I need... :please:

Sending mine today, trying to write a nice note to go with. It is hard.

Well that is 3 computers. My desktop totally crashed today and was forced to use laptop to follow trial while trying to work. I am worried that something serious infected all of us and hoping the laptop doesn't go down next. Did they give you all a diagnoses yet?

My computer crashed Thursday evening while watching the trial also. hmmm

It was an honor to take care of my Mom and my hubby during their illnesses and deaths. I began doing Hospice Volunteer work afterwards. Hospice has tremendous grief groups to help with the grieving process.

So many think it will be a hard thing to do, but it's a labor of love, and one that you'll never regret. You have helped a loved one cross over from all the pain and suffering in this life to one that's everlasting where there is no sickness or disease, and you tell them you'll see them on the other side one day. My sister and I were with our daddy and then my mother in law, when they died, so we became end of life hospice caregivers.
My sister is with her fourth patient and will come help me take care of our nephew after they pass. His mama told his doctors that he wouldn't live his life in a nursing home and we have plenty of family to help and brought him home last week.
We realized that we had two strong young men to help move and change him, a nephew that is a massage therapist, and one's girlfriend that is in her last year of school to work with stroke and rehabilitation, one nephew that is a paramedic and PA, and very supportive brothers sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends and he'll never want for anything.

Whew,finally figured out Pay Pal Account and was able to add my donation to The Alexander Family.Congrats to the winner of the Beautiful Ribbon...what a treasure to have.

Sending mine today, trying to write a nice note to go with. It is hard.

Hi NG!

Yes... I sent a check with a note.... I can't remember just what I said... But I hope it gave the family a little bit of comfort knowing there are people from all over who care about them...

:seeya:

Hi NG!

Yes... I sent a check with a note.... I can't remember just what I said... But I hope it gave the family a little bit of comfort knowing there are people from all over who care about them...

I was able to write a note as well...at the bottom of Pay Pal.So hard to know what to say but told them I watch them on TV at trial and I'm a member of this forum and how I admire their dignity & grace and wish I could hug each one of them ...

I said I wouldn't do any O/T in this thread again...such a liar like you-know-who...lol...anyway, I know it must be someplace on here but does KCL have an address that I can send to??? TY in advance.

IIRC the judge asked about upcoming Fridays and added ones where the jury said they could be present. It's not 100% clear what's happening next.
11:00 today - Grace Wong/decision on earlier misconduct claim.
1:30 today - Judge asked jury to keep it open. I believe it will be used for ALV if she returns today and so would be cancelled otherwise.
9:30 tomorrow - Would start with ALV if she picked Tue rather than Mon.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that if the defense has another witness, that person won't testify until the ALV business is closed. Otherwise it would seem the jury could continue with that witness this afternoon and get to ALV first thing tomorrow if ALV skipped today.

So that also opens up the possibility that if for whatever reason (valid or invalid) ALV says she won't be there by tomorrow morning that it will hold up the trial until she returns by choice or by force.

If I were the Judge and she tried to pull this, I would issue a bench warrant! She's taken up enough of the Court's time whether or not it would actually hold up the trial. I think the Judge is sick of her.

On Friday, AVL stated that she based her opinion in part on Travis’s blog which included a description of his early childhood. She also made a statement that Travis wanted to marry a Gold Digger. I looked on his blogspot and found this entry. Following is an excerpt from his last blog entry.

Travis Alexanders last blogspot entry dated May 18, 2008

“Why I Want to Marry a Gold Digger”

“There is a phrase with a stigma attached I find interesting, “Gold Digger”. Now I obviously don’t like the stereotypical Gold digger. The phrase “Gold Digger” has come to mean in our society a man or a woman who marries for money, usually as an easy road to material gain with out any effort or productivity of their own. To reap what you have not sown is no better than a thief, mooch or a looter. However I couldn’t think of a better phrase to describe what I desire in an Eternal Companion. I want someone to love me for the Gold that is with in me and is willing to dig with me to extract it. I heard someone once say, “Speak to the king within the man and within the man the king will appear.”

**** It appears ALV’s definition of Gold Digger is not the same as Travis’s. Did she even read this blog. This clearly shows her lack of objectivity, shoddy work product and bias. She told the jury that he wanted to marry a Gold Digger to give a negative impression of Travis. It is obvious she only read the title and not the blog entry itself.

If anyone want to get a sense of the real Travis, take a look at his blogspot when you have time. He is no way near the type of person the DT is trying to paint him.

Wonder if this is what made Jodi snap and is when she started making plans to kill him?

Looks like Travis taught her a thing or two about "catchy titles."

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Big shout out to poster

rayon

as the winner of the

BLUE RIBBON!

I decided to select the 30th poster who pm'd me for the ribbon which reflects both Travis and my sister's age and is one thing that links them.

But really, we're all winners here, aren't we?

Doesn't it feel good to be giving?

:woot:

It is with a most humble heart that I accept the ribbon. I fully recognize the meaning it holds and promise to be a faithful guardian. Thank you, Katie, for paying forward the ribbon's power. I vow to find a way to keep the sentiment going and going. Thank you also to my fellow WSers for the unbounding generosity you have shown to the Alexander family throughout the trial. I am sure the impact of these actions will endure in their hearts. I am honored to be associated with such an awesome group of people.

oh hln they are not getting attached to jodi. why do i watch this

wrong thread

oh hln they are not getting attached to jodi. why do i watch this

wrong thread
I'm with you! I want to puke every time the talking heads discuss the jurors bonding with Jodi. Are they watching the same trial that we are?

Just want to wish a good luck to those who will be attending or attempting to attend court today.

I thought this too at first but I have a theory that has been on my mind the last few days. I believe the abuse was JA's idea from the beginning. I believe it's part of her premeditation. For the longest time I kept thinking TA might have been a player but that's no reason to murder somebody. I don't think he was though. Travis knew what JA was capable of, as he told friends they might find him dead sometime. I think he was appeasing her by having sex with her so she would not escalate.

I also believe that these sexual fantasies that she is trying to use against him (the spiderman underwear, the little girl stuff, the tree fantasy) were all JA's fantasies and he was playing along. The dildo with a heartbeat comment showed me that JA was more into the sex than TA was. Also the comment he made to her to have another guy fulfill the tree fantasy (I'm putting this mildly) shows me that was HER fantasy not his. Having seen the recent pic of JA with BJ wearing the superman t-shirt and braids also fits this theory.

I believe when JA was recording these sex tapes she knew that he would talk about this stuff to please her so she could use against him later..one more piece of premeditation in my mind. Of course, this is jmo.

Also, AL testified she did not get on this case until a year and a half ago. JA was starting to go with the abuse allegations in 2010 or before. It was in 2010 when she tried to get the forged letters from TA into evidence. This was JA's idea for a defense, they just found somebody willing to go along with it.

Excellent post CrescentMohn! My beliefs also (and hopefully all the jurors, too!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme