a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI:
A Daubert Hearing is an evaluation by a trial judge on the admissibility of defined "expert," or scientific and technical, testimony and evidence. The Daubert Hearing is conducted out of the jury's presence and is usually based on a motion in limine, which occurs before the trial even begins and determines which evidence or testimony will be presented to the jury. It is most efficient if the Daubert motion take place after the discovery phase so the hearing is completed before the trial starts. [The preferred Daubert family pronounciation is 'dow-bert' rather than the French style.]

FYI:
A Daubert Hearing is an evaluation by a trial judge on the admissibility of defined "expert," or scientific and technical, testimony and evidence. The Daubert Hearing is conducted out of the jury's presence and is usually based on a motion in limine, which occurs before the trial even begins and determines which evidence or testimony will be presented to the jury. It is most efficient if the Daubert motion take place after the discovery phase so the hearing is completed before the trial starts. [The preferred Daubert family pronounciation is 'dow-bert' rather than the French style.]
Thanks MidwestMama I hate to say I am not getting the jist of this yet. I thought it was going to be about Juans rock star status but they have the picture of Travis up there. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

Sam did ask if all these rollling in were from WS so she knows a majority are (I think) but many other forums participated and also the twittersphere. It was amazing! You could always do a follow up note as well. To that email.
BBM

KCL, you ARE an angel! (How come there's no angel-smilie just for you??) Being a day late, a dollar short, not e-connected and a professional procrastinator, I wasn't aware of the "Pay It Forward" push and was waiting to finish doing my taxes to see how much I could comfortably donate to the family. I got timed-out on PayPal 3 times this morning trying to send a nice 300-character note and was going to come back here to tell WSers to have something prepared when I read your bolded words and had a duh moment. :facepalm:

I really didn't think this hearing would be open so didn't plan to go down but I'm getting ready to head down later this am.

Just read where sisters are crying......Oh no...

;( I saw that they initially seated the murderer directly in front of the family for this hearing. How insensitive. I'm sure this was at least contributory to their grief. Not to mention seeing a giant blown up picture of their murdered brother. It wasn't very long after that they recessed for 2 minutes and moved JA and JW to a different location in the court room. Thank God.

Thanks MidwestMama I hate to say I am not getting the jist of this yet. I thought it was going to be about Juans rock star status but they have the picture of Travis up there. Guess I'll just have to be patient.

I believe the defense heard the rumor that two people were seen as reflections in Travis's eye, and they are running with it. :(

has this guy said he sees more than one figure in the eye reflection?

Just sent my pay it forward snail mail to Samantha. So sorry to hear of their having such an emotional time today. May God's love surround and protect them!thanks KCL for the pay it forward Initiative! Look forward to your report later!!

Thank you to everyone who participated in #PROJECT500 and #payitforward with the Alexanders. By my rough estimations I think we likely nearly doubled our efforts. I won't ever ask them for exact numbers but I do know there were donations rolling in all day and in to the evening and this morning and many on their way via snail mail.

I feel good that they had that moment before walking in to court this morning with it's new level of horror for them.

I'll be there bringing the tie and another card sent to me this afternoon.

And any hugs I get the opportunity to deliver. I have a special one from a very generous donor from the midwest. :heart: :hug: :grouphug:

I also want to state again that ALL participation is greatly appreciated even those who couldn't afford to send a donation at this time. If you held a good thought for them in your mind and continue to pray and support them through your posts/thoughts/words/devotion to holding them in warm light this is a VALUABLE offer of support. I just can't say that enough. For those who could afford a little extra, that's another way to show support...but all are valuable imo. I know some have sent cards alone and can you imagine how reading a stranger is holding you in love makes you feel?

Funny hearing Juan refer to himself as "the prosecutor" and "Mr. Martinez"

Frankly, it sounds like Nurmi is jealous--that's how it 'reads.' Whine Whine Whine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme