a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a BIG thank you to Katie, the awesome one, who works so hard to give us your input. You'll just never know, Katie, how many truly appreciate YOU.

PS-Thanks to all other note takers and observers. :cheer: :loveyou: :tyou: :jumping:

PPS-PASA, hope your family member is better.

I completely second this!!!! :lurk:

What time do we start tomorrow? Also, will the defense officially rest? Then JM gets to start his rebuttal? Wish we knew what happened with Alyce, or will she show up tomorrow? Just questions if anyone knows the answer.

What time do we start tomorrow? Also, will the defense officially rest? Then JM gets to start his rebuttal? Wish we knew what happened with Alyce, or will she show up tomorrow? Just questions if anyone knows the answer.

I am able to answer your questions, I think. Court starts at 9:30 tomorrow. I believe the judge will ask the defense to call their next witness, to which they'll (hopefully) respond "The defense rests." And then, yes, Juan will start his rebuttal case.

From today's testimony, whatever happened in chambers with ALV was obviously VERY damning and upsetting, as Juan and the judge eluded to. I look forward to learning what it was that Juan and his team turned up that obviously went against ALV somehow.

I believe Court is set for 9:30 a.m. AZ time. Not sure based on how Court ended today what will happen tomorrow. I assume they will rest. Again just assuming.

I look forward to JM rebuttal. He is so good, he will tie this all up with a ribbon. I don't think he will spend a lot of time on ptsd or dv. I believe he will focus on premeditation and the heinous actions of the murder. That is where the focus should be. So Nurmi and Willmott can have their eyeball guy and their stipulation, doesn't matter. JMO

I believe Court is set for 9:30 a.m. AZ time. Not sure based on how Court ended today what will happen tomorrow. I assume they will rest. Again just assuming.

But what was the point? It had to be something bad for the court to spend time on it in the middle of the trial. Do we assume that whatever she did, she was punished in some way, either sanctioned, or .... what?

I am able to answer your questions, I think. Court starts at 9:30 tomorrow. I believe the judge will ask the defense to call their next witness, to which they'll (hopefully) respond "The defense rests." And then, yes, Juan will start his rebuttal case.

From today's testimony, whatever happened in chambers with ALV was obviously VERY damning and upsetting, as Juan and the judge eluded to. I look forward to learning what it was that Juan and his team turned up that obviously went against ALV somehow.

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me what Juan and the judge said that eluded to it? Like everyone, I am curious. Or point me to a video? Thank you very much!

Susan

But what was the point? It had to be something bad for the court to spend time on it in the middle of the trial. Do we assume that whatever she did, she was punished in some way, either sanctioned, or .... what?

I assume you are speaking to ALV. I dont know if we will ever know. Perhaps after the Trial? Excellent question you can post on the Lawyer questions thread.

BBM - It very well could have been because ALV approached the victim's family. I've followed a lot of trials and I've never heard of an "expert" witness acting in such a disrespectful, arrogant and ignorant manner. This behavior has to be unlawful and egregious. imo

It's a shame in the beginning of this trial that we didn't think about having silicone bracelets made with "Justice for Travis" printed on them. We could have charged $5 with the proceedings going to the Alexander's.

I really want to know what happened with Alyce also. What did JSS come down on her for? There were sooo may issues.

If she is back in court tomorrow, I think she will be a broken shell.

Another thing that was brought up by an excellent poster, (forgive me, I forget who) remarked about Alyce's friends giving her backrubs and cheering he on and having her father there to see what a big deal she was, (not).

Who does that. I mean WHO does that??????

I would kind of like a short back story of this witness, yet I would be just as happy if she fell off the face of the earth.

I really want to know what happened with Alyce also. What did JSS come down on her for? There were sooo may issues.

If she is back in court tomorrow, I think she will be a broken shell.

Another thing that was brought up by an excellent poster, (forgive me, I forget who) remarked about Alyce's friends giving her backrubs and cheering he on and having her father there to see what a big deal she was, (not).

Who does that. I mean WHO does that??????

I would kind of like a short back story of this witness, yet I would be just as happy if she fell off the face of the earth.

-----------
She'd better be back. The Judge reminded her she is still under subpeona. She has no choice unless she wants to go to jail. I have a feeling (usually wrong) it is with her credentials. Dear God dont let her rattle on!!:banghead:

No no no.. She is coming to Atlanta!

:rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

When she comes to Atlanta, can I come down and meet you guys?? I'm just up the road in Jasper! I always have time for civilization!! lol!

As always, fashionably late.... Donation made. Glad to contribute to this beautiful family.

-----------
She'd better be back. The Judge reminded her she is still under subpeona. She has no choice unless she wants to go to jail. I have a feeling (usually wrong) it is with her credentials. Dear God dont let her rattle on!!:banghead:

How many possibilities are there for ALV's potential courtroom infractions?

1. Contempt of court for suggesting a time out for JM;
2. Leaving her glasses in her purse, inevitably causing delays by going to retrieve them;
3. Leaving her cell phone on, causing at least two disruptions;
4. Obfuscating on her responses to the prosecutor;
5. Bringing an entourage of riotous friends to distract the proceedings by laughing out loud during testimony;
6. Misrepresenting her true credentials by padding her C.V.;
7. Calling for her own breaks in the flow of the proceedings;
8. Faking an illness;
9. Lying during testimony in juror responses;
10. Approaching the victim's family in the courtroom.

There may be even more, but this is a pretty good list of possibilities from which to choose something ...

-----------

From the back and forth between Nurmi and Judge S. today, it seems Alyce was in a closed proceedure at I think 1:15 today. From what was said, the Judge ruled that Juan had not crossed the bounds in his questioning of Alyce on another day in closed chambers.

I think Juan stated (in response to Nurmi stating he was calling Juan out as using misconduct or whatever in his questioning of Alyce IN THAT PREVIOUS day in closed chambers)....that whatever was brought out about Alyce was brought out by his questioning her.

If that makes sense, I think Alyce chose to come today vs coming to court tomorrow. Remember Judge S. left it up to her what day Monday or Tuesday she chose to come. Judge S specifically stated today that Juan had not been out of bounds in that previous session of questioning in chambers. And she denied the mistrial on that matter, also.

Minds busy right now :) so maybe someone can state this better :) I want to know also what the heck it was about :)

If that makes sense, I think Alyce chose to come today vs coming to court tomorrow. Remember Judge S. left it up to her what day Monday or Tuesday she chose to come. Judge S specifically stated today that Juan had not been out of bounds in that previous session of questioning in chambers. And she denied the mistrial on that matter, also.
Beth Karas reported today that ALV was not there, not sure if she's been dismissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV