a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my understanding that the ALV issue was completed today. Can't say what info I'm synthesizing that from but that is my impression. She's done.

:great:

Thank you!! Today was really strange and I was a little confused with how it ended. Frankly, I was happy the eye pic testimony isn't coming in. Not because I think it would have done anything beneficial for the defense, but because it's about time things get back to the real issue! Premeditation!!! Agreeing that she wasn't holding either weapon in the second that the photo was taken doesn't prove anything, so I'm glad JM stipulated on that and we're moving on.

Hopefully the defense will rest first thing tomorrow morning and rebuttal will start. I can't wait! If anyone is having any doubts about premeditation being proven... I fully expect those doubts to be gone once JM is finished! :rocker:

Thanks Katy for explaining what's going on. I was eagerly waiting for your post after hearing you had a lot of notes to type up and you didn't disappoint. Looking forward to Juans rebuttal case now.

The victim impact statements can't be made during the aggravation phase, because the aggravating circumstances are enumerated by statute, and impact on victims is not one of them.

Victim impact statements are considered rebuttal to the mitigation evidence presented by the defense.
Is there a a rebuttal to the aggravation evidence?

Thankfully Jodi was in a FOG and she can't claim Travis didn't suffer so hopefully prosecution can say whatever they want. I hope the prosecution uses her FOG against her to the maximum extent possible!

I agree. On JA's blog she basically copied what Travis said and believed. I think the mimicking is typical psychopathic behaviour.....learning how to ACT human by watching other humans.

I agree she copied things that other people said or used them in her stories. The phrase "there's something wrong with that boy" cropped up in her journal I think and it stuck in my mind and I'm convinced someone said it to or about her (obviously saying girl not boy.)

Today was eye opening for me...the defense has nothing, not a friend to testify, nothing and they are grasping at nothing ( o.k. I saw ALF the space dog , not far off from JM's German Shepard, just a larger snout, ) but it all seems like its coming to a sad ending. we watched people sell their souls / agreed to be misinformed by limited evidence or take it on for some notoriety or as a pinnacle to their climb ...we watch two families , one which fell apart week by week and another that stayed together, hid their true feelings of anguish and frustration so that the memory and spirit of their brother will be never forgotten and so that justice would be served. We are glued to the feeds, soaking up every shred of something we can take in about this trial because we know that Jodi was playing both hands, working Travis because she knew she could. She appeared to be the hot girl and maybe that worked with Travis's goals at first. He wanted her to be hot but Mormon but maybe he never thought he had to specifically request( law of attraction) that his bombshell Mormon girlfriend actually be a true Mormon and share his virtues and faith. Have a heart as he did. His kind heart kept him from exposing her. He hired her, went to the godforsaken bank to make deposits from him to her, gave her a job, he tried. She killed him because he was truly alive. We have all been hurt but how she handled it shall be punished at the maximum, whatever that may be. No matter what anyone says, that photo of his face , in the shower, with snot running out of his nose, told me the story when I first saw the picture in a magazine during 2012 Christmas. I have not let a day go by without trying to find the answer I know I'll never find. This why I come here.
Now Katie helps us understand what goes on from here on out and like all of us, I think about his family. I think about how it would feel to write a letter or statement to someone who did this to my brother. It's just a shift for me at least. It's like the match is nearly over and even though the evil beast loses in the end, we still are at a huge loss.
I just want Juan to drive that truck home and make sure he leaves no doubt. I'll be watching diligently and periodically checking in with my brilliant WS's

Btw, I have to say this.....Margaritaville is a bar/restaurant and hugely popular hang out in Santa Cruz,(Capitola) Santa Cruz is between Monterey and Salinas...we go there a lot and Arias lived in that area. She threw out a random name, hoping it wouldn't stick.

Jodi herself may make a statement , not for cross examination but just a statement which I suspect she will during this phase.

I don't think it will matter what she says. Since they've convicted her, they have already decided she's been lying, and she's told some vicious lies. I don't see what she could say to mitigate any of it, not even a real confession.

KCL - Did you talk to anyone who was in the courtroom for the morning proceedings? It had to be really creepy yet almost electric the way the family was sitting right behind JA for a few minutes.

I kept thinking the deputy who was practically standing between them must have been thinking, "Please please PLEASE! Act like you're going to turn around so I can see how this stun belt works on you." (I don't know if it even gets triggered remotely or what, but it was fun to think about it that way anyway.)

I agree with your theory - Jodi was wearing dark track pants and a sweatshirt hoodie - in Arizona - in June. That never made much sense to me. She was wearing baggy clothes to hide what she killed him with IMO.

At one point in her testimony ages ago, they were showing that "foot photo" and she said something about the pantleg having a zipper. I've always thought that was a convenient hiding place.

:detective:

Thank you ! Beth thought they would be at the sentencing hearing but I knew there were guidelines on them which seemed to relate to the jury..so this makes sense now. Thank you!!! :seeya:

thank you so much for your court notes,,much love to you ..is there any limits on what the family can say or any guidelines.?

Thanks KCL for everything! AWESOME info. I am ready for this to be DONE. I had already given money to the family previously so I did not participate in 500 strong but I think starting that for them was so kind and thoughtful! I am in such awe for the kind things you have done and for all the kind things WSers have done!! Thanks for all you do!

How many possibilities are there for ALV's potential courtroom infractions?

1. Contempt of court for suggesting a time out for JM;
2. Leaving her glasses in her purse, inevitably causing delays by going to retrieve them;
3. Leaving her cell phone on, causing at least two disruptions;
4. Obfuscating on her responses to the prosecutor;
5. Bringing an entourage of riotous friends to distract the proceedings by laughing out loud during testimony;
6. Misrepresenting her true credentials by padding her C.V.;
7. Calling for her own breaks in the flow of the proceedings;
8. Faking an illness;
9. Lying during testimony in juror responses;
10. Approaching the victim's family in the courtroom.

There may be even more, but this is a pretty good list of possibilities from which to choose something ...

You forgot to mention watching media coverage... that lady has no conscious.

Hi KCL -- did Beth say anything about the possibility of the defense doing surrebuttal (God forbid), but I am wondering if that is possible. Thanks for your wonderful reporting from the courthourse. You rock

I am able to answer your questions, I think. Court starts at 9:30 tomorrow. I believe the judge will ask the defense to call their next witness, to which they'll (hopefully) respond "The defense rests." And then, yes, Juan will start his rebuttal case.

From today's testimony, whatever happened in chambers with ALV was obviously VERY damning and upsetting, as Juan and the judge eluded to. I look forward to learning what it was that Juan and his team turned up that obviously went against ALV somehow.

Do you think we will ever find out? I hope so! I'm just morbidly curious.

At one point in her testimony ages ago, they were showing that "foot photo" and she said something about the pantleg having a zipper. I've always thought that was a convenient hiding place.

:detective:

Sorry if this has typing issue. I am a first time user and I just want to say thank you for all of the posters and users at this site. I have been reading this site for about a month and I love the sense of community here and the kindness the users show to each other.

KCL or anyone else in the courtroom - did anyone in the courtroom see the pencil sticking out of JA's shoe when she was in the jury box? That can't be allowed and I think goes to show her leanings to where she could have hidden knife or gun (per above). What do you think?

I think they were kind of stunned like the rest of us! I think Judge S. said it perfectly..it would be good or bad news. For some of them I'm sure they liked the day off, for others, annoyed.

No notes, I think they were in their seats maybe a minute or two. It was a total boomerang moment.

I did get to meet Det. Flores sister who sat with me though. She was funny.

That picture of Travis was all OVER the courtroom on no less than 7 screens, some huge. Super intense and sad.

Did the jurors faces show any reaction though to the stipulation itself?

(BBM)
Sorry if this has typing issue. I am a first time user and I just want to say thank you for all of the posters and users at this site. I have been reading this site for about a month and I love the sense of community here and the kindness the users show to each other.

KCL or anyone else in the courtroom - did anyone in the courtroom see the pencil sticking out of JA's shoe when she was in the jury box? That can't be allowed and I think goes to show her leanings to where she could have hidden knife or gun (per above). What do you think?

RE: BBM ^ I have a huge problem with that... actually I have a huge problem with her even being allowed to use a pencil - period. IMO, she should not be allowed to use ANYTHING that could potentially be used as a stabbing instrument. Give her a crayon!

WELCOME JMS!!

I really want to know what happened with Alyce also. What did JSS come down on her for? There were sooo may issues.

If she is back in court tomorrow, I think she will be a broken shell.

Another thing that was brought up by an excellent poster, (forgive me, I forget who) remarked about Alyce's friends giving her backrubs and cheering he on and having her father there to see what a big deal she was, (not).

Who does that. I mean WHO does that??????

I would kind of like a short back story of this witness, yet I would be just as happy if she fell off the face of the earth.

BBM

I don't know about that. I think I've known people like her, and they don't seem to understand when they are wrong or caught or whatever. They are so full of themselves and their importance that they are always arragant and confident. I think the defense team will act like they are winning, like they always do, and they will soothe and pump up her ego and she will act like she knows better than everyone again. JMO

ITA. I posted earlier that I think, at best, the killer is a really good mimic. She reads and hears things her attorneys and experts say and repeats it. I think the same can be said of her blogs, journals, etc. She read books and listened to speakers and mimicked them.

It would explain why, on the stand and elsewhere, she repeatedly misused words she didn't really understand the meaning of.

She's the epitome of the single, white female. Right now she's mimicking Wilmott. And I don't think Wilmott realizes just how dangerous this game is that she's playing with her defendant. She needs to set some boundaries and start acting like a professional.

JMHOO. :D

Lol it even appeared that she was mimicking how they judge wears her glasses during the misconduct hearing.

Today was eye opening for me...the defense has nothing, not a friend to testify, nothing and they are grasping at nothing ( o.k. I saw ALF the space dog , not far off from JM's German Shepard, just a larger snout, ) but it all seems like its coming to a sad ending. we watched people sell their souls / agreed to be misinformed by limited evidence or take it on for some notoriety or as a pinnacle to their climb ...we watch two families , one which fell apart week by week and another that stayed together, hid their true feelings of anguish and frustration so that the memory and spirit of their brother will be never forgotten and so that justice would be served. We are glued to the feeds, soaking up every shred of something we can take in about this trial because we know that Jodi was playing both hands, working Travis because she knew she could. She appeared to be the hot girl and maybe that worked with Travis's goals at first. He wanted her to be hot but Mormon but maybe he never thought he had to specifically request( law of attraction) that his bombshell Mormon girlfriend actually be a true Mormon and share his virtues and faith. Have a heart as he did. His kind heart kept him from exposing her. He hired her, went to the godforsaken bank to make deposits from him to her, gave her a job, he tried. She killed him because he was truly alive. We have all been hurt but how she handled it shall be punished at the maximum, whatever that may be. No matter what anyone says, that photo of his face , in the shower, with snot running out of his nose, told me the story when I first saw the picture in a magazine during 2012 Christmas. I have not let a day go by without trying to find the answer I know I'll never find. This why I come here.
Now Katie helps us understand what goes on from here on out and like all of us, I think about his family. I think about how it would feel to write a letter or statement to someone who did this to my brother. It's just a shift for me at least. It's like the match is nearly over and even though the evil beast loses in the end, we still are at a huge loss.
I just want Juan to drive that truck home and make sure he leaves no doubt. I'll be watching diligently and periodically checking in with my brilliant WS's

Btw, I have to say this.....Margaritaville is a bar/restaurant and hugely popular hang out in Santa Cruz,(Capitola) Santa Cruz is between Monterey and Salinas...we go there a lot and Arias lived in that area. She threw out a random name, hoping it wouldn't stick.

:goodpost: And :welcome5:

BBM Thanks for that info. I thought JA made Margaritaville up (you know, from the song).

Wow I didn't see the pencil. It just goes to show she is on a constant level of sneaky at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee