A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Beth and Greta. They were excellent during the Scott Peterson trial here. They are excellent reporters....and they are so tiny..hehehe

Page 8

She threw the license plate in her car without knowing it's hers. Rrrrright.

This lp business is pure BS. "If you're concerned for your safety..."?

Her ability to make it up on the fly isn't flying today. He just "circles" her back to her lies and inconsistencies. Nothing gets past Juan Martinez.

first she says it's flat, now it's angled on the curb. Her comfort zone on this is what makes a sociopath convincing to the average person.

You can almost hear the glee in her voice as she spars with him. She loves it.

Now she's saying the plate was basically UNDER her car. "crawl underneath the car" ??

She dug herself with this one. She can't wiggle out now.

I think his indignance over her obvious lying and manipulation going on right now in front of all our eyes is warranted. Someone should be outraged at this.

I am watching to the "Reruns," I had to WORK today, and anyhow ,there is someone who keeps on coughing and it is totally annoying. Do you hear it when you are there?

It could be Dragon Lady who I saw coughing and sneezing and blowing her nose all over in the hallway. Someone did mention on our way out wanting to ask someone not to come to court w/ that horrible cough. I didn't notice it but I was on the other side and way focused.

I disagree. The ONLY TH who has a read on this courtroom/jury is Beth Karas. She's in there the entire time. I only give credence to her. The vibe in there is VERY different than it is on tv. Not sure why but it is. Never saw that more than today.

The jury was extremely attentive esp at the end of the day as he takes her right up to the crime.

ITA with you about BK. she came out and had to explain to the entire panel of five why JM has to take his time with this cagey snake of a defendant. He's got this one shot at her and he needn't be rushed because They say so!

They base their analysis on what? Have they ever dealt with a JA?

I had to shut them down and put some much needed comedy on!

Katie...Italian Ice in Arizona?? I've been craving them for years. The only place I've ever seen them was New Jersey and Philly....yummy (Rita's water ice)

I have never seen them in California..

Luigi's Italian ice...at the grocery store!

I don't think I have ever observed Beth so passionate.. She is really into this trial.

I disagree. The ONLY TH who has a read on this courtroom/jury is Beth Karas. She's in there the entire time. I only give credence to her. The vibe in there is VERY different than it is on tv. Not sure why but it is. Never saw that more than today.

The jury was extremely attentive esp at the end of the day as he takes her right up to the crime.

Hi Katiecoo,
Can you elaborate on the vibe in the courtroom being different than on TV?

Page 9

Maureen, only one with obvious "naval intelligence". "Dad" is sort of angled in her direction as I can see it with his feet which are angled.

This has gotten preposterous now. Media behind me snicker at her stupid glasses comment.

If she can't make out something is a license plate just feet in front of her car, in the headlights, FACING her, then how did she get a fricking driver's license? ( wrote this so fast and furious cuz I wanted to yell this out!).

Family rushed in to the Victim room on the break w/ JM.

Break time..........................spoke with T's friend Julie and her friend, Bill dr. drew's producer , Katie and did my best to avoid Dragon Lady. I saw her family of course but nothing special to report.

Ok back from break.

Flores is in the courtroom now.

Peppy walk back to stand again -- does her OCD water pouring , weird arm backward drinking ritual then goes in to her famous blank stare to nowhere.

"Dad" is no taller than 5'7"--handsome man.

she tries 3 different hand clasp options before she settles on the full on regular Vontrapp pose. (will look for this odd sequence next time...maybe part of her ocd rituals).

This cross of Jodi Arias is in itself a Case in Chief for the State. (just thought I'd bold that one)

Have the people observing anything to say about her smiling (with teeth) about her sexual escapades. That was downright weird. She seemed proud, at least watching it on tv. Was her smiling and not just her usual smirk. Can the observers see her or are you to far away?

Hi Katiecoo,
Can you elaborate on the vibe in the courtroom being different than on TV?

It's much more slowed down. When there are sidebars we sit there in silence vs. rushing to fast commercials or commentary. Everything feels much quieter and slower. And JM seems way less aggressive and scrappy in person. He seems methodical and passionate but way more in control than how I've perceived him on TV this week.

Page 10

She was bored on the road so called a lot of people. Why would you do this when you had lost your charger and had limited battery power and no way to charge your phone?

"I did like it" seductive voice (some kinda sexcapade, not sure which)

the media system went down for 3 min.

Cannot impress enough how HUGE the screen across from this jury is. I've been in small older movie theatres that have that size screen. It's huge. The resolution is not as good but it's huge. It retracted in to the ceiling for the reboot or whatever that was.

Talked to a different Victim Advocate today who I sat with and she shared with me something interesting. When this building was being designed they had a focus group of defense attys, prosecutors, investigator , victim advocates etc. to give their two cents on what they wanted. The VA's got the separate room for victims WITH their own bathroom so they don't have to cross paths with the other side in the BR. They also requested comfortable chairs in the gallery (and they are). Something else I can't remember. Pretty cool.

Thanks for your awesome posts & perspective..

This is WHEN the jury should be very attentive... she will stumble and stutter now. :please:

Have the people observing anything to say about her smiling (with teeth) about her sexual escapades. That was downright weird. She seemed proud, at least watching it on tv. Was her smiling and not just her usual smirk. Can the observers see her or are you to far away?

I was just there for the pm so didn't see that and we weren't really talking about it on the one break. But I'm sure people were in the am!

It's much more slowed down. When there are sidebars we sit there in silence vs. rushing to fast commercials or commentary. Everything feels much quieter and slower. And JM seems way less aggressive and scrappy in person. He seems methodical and passionate but way more in control than how I've perceived him on TV this week.

This is great news because it means the jury will take it seriously too. There was a lot of criticism today on the other thread about the sexual testimony and though none of us care to hear it, I believe it shows clearly that Jodi was the true abuser and that she loves sex and has no values and stalked Travis ( as if anyone should have to be convinced at this point). JM is great. IMO

Katie or whomever knows...I am confused on the 'naval intelligence"...help me out please, TIA:seeya:

Page 11

"it's ok to lie to police but not cheat on your taxes?" Snap! Her claim she couldn't write off the AZ part of her trip was ridiculous (not well rehearsed either).

Interesting very few objections from Nurmi and they are kind of weakly made.

First juror questions landed in the box passed up to the front (to Dad) from the back row...the girl next to Maureen. Who by the way was in tight jeans and super tall spike heel red platform pumps today. Maybe she has a date after court (they looked terribly uncomfortable to me but...well...anyway).

The question appears to be two pieces of paper dog eared together..could be one but that's how it looked.

Maureen in to serious note taking during the gas in AZ discussion.

All jurors very attentive once he gets her to T's house/office--even Poquito sits up tall.

Katie or whomever knows...I am confused on the 'naval intelligence"...help me out please, TIA:seeya:

Janine Driver answered Anita's question and asked one back to DD Jurors about how their "navals" were pointed . Meaning literally is their torso pointed toward the person they are paying attention with their belly button facing them. That says something more about the importance they are giving them than just their head turned.

She called this "naval intelligence".

This is great news because it means the jury will take it seriously too. There was a lot of criticism today on the other thread about the sexual testimony and though none of us care to hear it, I believe it shows clearly that Jodi was the true abuser and that she loves sex and has no values and stalked Travis ( as if anyone should have to be convinced at this point). JM is great. IMO

If the defense drags everything in including the kitchen and bathroom sink for a DP trial then so should the State. imo

Page 11

"it's ok to lie to police but not cheat on your taxes?" Snap! Her claim she couldn't write off the AZ part of her trip was ridiculous (not well rehearsed either).

Interesting very few objections from Nurmi and they are kind of weakly made.

First juror questions landed in the box passed up to the front (to Dad) from the back row...the girl next to Maureen. Who by the way was in tight jeans and super tall spike heel red platform pumps today. Maybe she has a date after court (they looked terribly uncomfortable to me but...well...anyway).

The question appears to be two pieces of paper dog eared together..could be one but that's how it looked.

Maureen in to serious note taking during the gas in AZ discussion.

All jurors very attentive once he gets her to T's house/office--even Poquito sits up tall.

Every time JA starts talking all these obsurdities come out of her mouth like being on the phone to a lot of people yet her battery was dead.

And seeing her license plate, getting it and tossing in back seat. Wouldn't you make sure it matches the one on back?

And you just have to love it when she is so judgmental...okay to kill and lie to detective but bad to cheat on taxes? Wonder if she has ever filed taxes?

Janine Driver answered Anita's question and asked one back to DD Jurors about how their "navals" were pointed . Meaning literally is their torso pointed toward the person they are paying attention with their belly button facing them. That says something more about the importance they are giving them than just their head turned.

She called this "naval intelligence".

Speaking for myself, I would be facing her with my navel and incapable of taking my eyes off her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member