A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notes from Wed. 2/27 Page 1

JA flirting with the armed guard over by her prior to taking the stand. She's making this close talking intense eye contact and smiling. He looks to be middle aged, crew cut, serious, not buying it.

She walks to the stand with less of a limp from her stun belt.

She walks swiftly with a pep in her step today.

She's alert with a half smile at the stand.

Juan Martinez made eye contact with me and smiled. I was lucky to get in that seat..the only open seat that wasn't immediate family. ALL of Travis' 7 siblings there this week. The only week they've all been there together. Sigh. Long talk withSabrina and Aunt Heather before court opened.

JA is VonTrapping. ZERO jurors look at her as they file in.

Can't see her face through the court reporter's head.

JM seems less frenetic with his energy today...more grounded in his voice and movements.

Poquito is nearly doubled over with his head in his lap.

ALl of the screens are lit up like waiting for an exhibit.

From my seat..all the way to the left on the second row I can't see many jurors faces and can really only see the jurors closest to the gallery.

My friend, journalist Mike Kiefer showed me an email death threat he's received from covering this trial. Sigh....

When I walked in, Tri Color and Spiky hair (sorry I don't have Anita's nicknames memorized) literally walked in thru security right behind me.

Katie, I know it's kind of pointless to speculate but if jodi thought she had a juror, would you think it might be this one? Word is jodi thinks she'll get a mistrial. Ideas?

And thanks for all you do.....and just for being you. You're the best.

Jodi Arias will be convicted by this jury and sentenced to death.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm unafraid of any of the jurors not coalescing to that only reasonable decision.

Page 2

There is a weird high pitched sound coming and going. If you see people looking around with curiosity that's why. I can't really describe it..not like a sound I've heard before.

She's cocky and confident again.

Her voice is strong and she's combative (good).

Why is the Judge not instructing her to answer yes or no?

Who is "we"? En route to Monterrey?

I don't know if JM has changed his demeanor today but he seems way less aggressive in person.

Salinas! She dod a lot of things. Bought a 3rd gas can (!!!).

"Did the size of the gas can change?"

First I"ve heard of the gas can return....how did I miss this?

No jury questions at this point.

I am watching to the "Reruns," I had to WORK today, and anyhow ,there is someone who keeps on coughing and it is totally annoying. Do you hear it when you are there?

I am a definite GUILTY and would have no problem looking at JA or taking notes while she's testiflying.

Someone mentioned that JA was looking like she was flirting with JM for a moment and checking out his butt. Did you see this?

Good to know the jurors are putting in questions in the basket. They are paying attention.
She certainly was getting tripped up today. Wasn't she?

Page 3

"Sometimes I space out"

Juror "Dad" (sorry, that might be KBisME nickname but it's what I called him today...I could see quite a bit of him) wrote that down (above).

Looking at gas receipt she shows the duping delight.

Love it when JM says "if you will". (don't know why, it tickles me)

"Cash is harder to track, right?"

Fills up car than 4 min. later 2 gas cans. You guys heard all this gas can testimony which was STRONG. Tons of laptops clicking all around me from the journalists during this. He was very organized having a stack of green marked receipts on the desk. He pretty much goes straight to the exhibit he wants which is remarkable considering how much evidence there is in this case.

"Dad" taking notes re: filling up in CA vs. NV or UT

Same with Maureen.

"Dad" taking non stop notes regarding the gas issues.

If you happened to see me on camera flash a small smile at one point it was only because I looked at the jury and started seeing them via Anita's nicknames and it made me laugh inside but Anita always makes me laugh.

She finds a $12.96 gas can"expensive"?

Page 4

Maureen staring at the screen with the Walmart receipt for a LONG time.

No receipt for return of gas can (surprise).

Back row public gallery empty...it's being reserved for media now vs. the Travis family row (!)

Neil is taking notes re: gas issues.

Poquito is over it.

Still think "Dad" will be foreperson. Very attentive today and taking alot of notes. As is Paul Rudd.

JM is being very methodical and organized with the gas stuff....it's obvious what he's saying here re: premeditation.

She's so clearly lying and making this up on the fly re: the pmt for gas.

She's smiling re: the receipts issues (???). She's just parsing this all out to be oppositional (again).

Jodi Arias will be convicted by this jury and sentenced to death.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm unafraid of any of the jurors not coalescing to that only reasonable decision.

:seeya:so good to hear this with such firm conviction! Pun intended!

By watching her you'd think she's sure she's got this jury in the palm of her hand. She was smug and smiling away early in the day but by the time court in recess she looked the way she should. Defeated!!!!

Sick of hearing the TH's knocking JM!:what:

Page 5

She's so clearly lying re: all this gas stuff. It's strong evidence for premed. Why would she purchase then return a gas can?

Neil looks way more serious today.

Flores not in court for this part of the afternoon.

Jurors have a foot rail behind the wall to rest their feet on. They also have a little cubby each in front of their seat for their drinks. Some drink water, some drink soda , some drink coffee. We can only have water in the gallery. It's nice they make it as comfortable as possible for them.

She gets cagey when she doesn't knwo what he's setting her up for.

An attorney told her the call to Flores would be taped? A PPL attorney? Where was this atty when she was arrested and talking ad nauseum?

That is trippy...

There is a weird high pitched sound coming and going. If you see people looking around with curiosity that's why. I can't really describe it..not like a sound I've heard before.

Page 6

BOMBSHELL:

Here he comes with CD of the FLores phone call.

This methodically dismantling every bit of her story.

She's soliciting gun info w/ him while sticking with her not being there where a gun in her or his possession would be meaningless to her.

No he didn't keep handguns. (that's the BOMBSHELL)

Jock guy on the back row taking notes re: this phone call.

Her voice gets breathy after Flores phone call..seems she gets nervous when big stuff comes out so she reverts to seduction.

Poquito is like "lets' get this thing over with already". He's done with her lies (obviously just my projection).

"Back in June 10 2008 you didn't know what your defense was gonna be did you?" I wrote BOMBSHELL next to that too.

Ok now I need an italian ice break...more to come.

BREAKING NEWS!!! First thing. There is a question in the juror box for questions right now. It was passed from the girl (gotta look at nicknames) sitting next to Maureen today. Yes, Maureen was full in to her naval intelligence today. I don't know how to read that. The juror question page looked to me like two pages 8X11 dog eared together. Passed in the first part of the afternoon.

Will she have the guts to lie to the juror questions? Hmmm,,,:what:

Thank you Katie and all the other lovely ladies for taking your time to write notes for us...I wish all of at WS could be there with you all :)

All the "Talking Heads" on the TV Shows are ALL saying that Juan needs to wrap this up soon or he is going to "Lose" the Jury, that he is arguing with her too much and that he is getting bogged down by Arias and he bullcrap. Are those of you that are there in the courtroom getting this vibe too? Are you seeing the Jury feeling "Bogged Down"???

BREAKING NEWS!!! First thing. There is a question in the juror box for questions right now. It was passed from the girl (gotta look at nicknames) sitting next to Maureen today. Yes, Maureen was full in to her naval intelligence today. I don't know how to read that. The juror question page looked to me like two pages 8X11 dog eared together. Passed in the first part of the afternoon.

I am a bit surprised. I thought they would want this over with already. Maybe it is one of the WS questions. Ya know like, " why didn't you call 911? Why did you jut let him die? Why did you drive 1000 miles for sex with him if he was so abusive?". At this point, I don't want to hear her answers. Convict her already!

Katie...Italian Ice in Arizona?? I've been craving them for years. The only place I've ever seen them was New Jersey and Philly....yummy (Rita's water ice)

I have never seen them in California..

All the "Talking Heads" on the TV Shows are ALL saying that Juan needs to wrap this up soon or he is going to "Lose" the Jury, that he is arguing with her too much and that he is getting bogged down by Arias and he bullcrap. Are those of you that are there in the courtroom getting this vibe too? Are you seeing the Jury feeling "Bogged Down"???

But it was okay with the TH that Nurmi kept her on the stand for nine days? Oh please!

Page 7

Re: gun "He said it was not loaded" Travis' non existent gun.

"Your grandfather also had guns didn't he?" JM almost says this with disdain.

Of course just TWO things "stolen" from her room . Back to her weird "everything in twos".

2.5 caliber "like a toy gun"

Dad writing furiously on this gun testimony.

Ponytail not taking one note all afternoon.

Maureen has her hand over her mouth during this gun stuff.

Re: Starbucks her crystal memory returns--was in there 5-10 min. , strawberry frap again (poor thing it will never get ordered again), bathroom...time for the "skaters" to mess w/ her plates - cough!

It's so obvious in this segment when she's making up stories on the fly.

JM at one point did a subtle rrrrrright to her re: the skaters. Love it.

Clearly remembers where she parked in relation to the Starbucks..number of "skaters" 3.

I disagree. The ONLY TH who has a read on this courtroom/jury is Beth Karas. She's in there the entire time. I only give credence to her. The vibe in there is VERY different than it is on tv. Not sure why but it is. Never saw that more than today.

The jury was extremely attentive esp at the end of the day as he takes her right up to the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela