Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #178

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah; perhaps the phone was lowered down so that perp could not tell they were being recorded ... the legs of BG come into frame, the words, "DTH" are uttered and the click is heard.

That puts it BARD for this girl to the utterer being the bridge guy. The girls didn't record any other guy in the area - especially one in such close proximity to them, who was self-admittedly in the immediate are dressed in similar clothing at the same time. Neither have any other witness' attested to any other males being in the area during the timeframe in question.

BARD = BARD.
Yes, probably something along those lines.

EDIT to your edit: not agreeing fully to the last paragraphs. Not sure if you refer to RA as the "self-admittedly", since my question was just regarding the video material. Trying to keep RA out of this particular discussion. And the last part regarding other males in the area may very well be disputed by the statements by witness BB....

Last edited:
I would have thought Google is pretty accurate since they are used by everyone from cell providers to LE to MSM to Gray Hughes. Then again, I would have thought that the Monon Railroad HIstorical Technical Society was pretty accurate since it's right there in their name. Perhaps we can get someone to go out there and walk it out. :eek:
Monon%20Bridge%202_1493315614496_58929227_ver1.0_900_675.JPG

Oh hello all.

Sorry for any trouble/disparity with the distance estimate! It appears to be a measurement that - all this time ... has been differently reported? Apparently, your miles will vary. ;)

I recall - from "youtuber" reporting ... walking the bridge (.435 miles) head down, no stops, a good pace, eyes on the rails for sure footing. it was a 15 minute one way walk. A younger local youtuber took a very fast walk and reported under that.

My point is/was ... that it's a long bridge walk before the south end where the 43 seconds of "down-the-hill" is purportedly recorded. We don't know (yet) where on the bridge the BG image is; as Libby captured the figure on her video. We do not know (yet) how manipulated the few pixels showing the BG figure are; LE created the BG blurry visual to encourage tips from the public. LIbby's shot of that BG figure ... is from a distance we don't (yet) know.

When first seeing photos of the Monon High (railroad trestle) Bridge over the creek, it's not clear that the south end of this High Bridge (purported "abduction point") and the "down the hill" trail runs far from the creek's southern edge under the bridge.

I expect that there will be experts working the timeline(s) presented as exhibits that will provide the distance and the time assumptions for the witness sightings and all these hiking distances.

I wonder if they'll take the Jury to the site(s). I think it must be very important for the Jury to understand the lay of the land.

Thanks to those who engaged and offered corrections/other sources and comments. I hope the exercise was useful ... and worth thinking about regardless.

Last edited:
Monon%20Bridge%202_1493315614496_58929227_ver1.0_900_675.JPG

My point is/was ... that it's a long bridge walk before the south end where the 43 seconds of "down-the-hill" is purportedly recorded. We don't know (yet) where on the bridge the BG image is; as Libby captured the figure on her video. We do not know (yet) how manipulated the few pixels showing the BG figure are; LE created a visual to encourage tips from a shot of that figure at a distance we don't know.

Do you mean the position of A&L or BG?

I think this composite by Gray Hughes creates a fairly good estimate. Based on the background in the BG clip.

The trees, bridge and perspective lines up pretty good:

432270457_3649963651892507_7560639454832047092_n.jpg

I believe the platform to the right of BG would be the last one on the northern side, seen on the left here in a video by youtuber Delphi After Dark. (note the "larger" tree on the right hand side, compared to the one in the BG composite, on the left side for reference.):

sdfs.jpg

NOTE: Smartphone cameras generally have a pretty wide focal length, seen here both in the upper and lower image. This makes distances harder to determine, and objects generally tend to look further away than in real life.

Last edited:
So because PW, EF and possibly others left their phones at home, they are not suspects, but if RA left his phone at home, he is without a doubt, BG. And, only RA lies because he’s guilty, not EF, JM, BH or PW. Got it!
The difference being that RA himself, under statement, advised that he had his phone on his person as he was watching stock tickers.

Is he now changing his story yet again!!?? He's already switched up his timings he was at the bridge. No need to lie if you are innocent of wrong doing and telling the truth. It, the evolving stories that miraculously serve to minimize public evidentiary items known at the time of statement(s), doesn't look good and I'm certain it will be brought up at trial by the prosecution - as it should be.

Seems clear to me it is facing away from the trails, which would be logical unless you're there to look at hikers rather than nature. Was that a point of contention somehow?

View attachment 492769
The trail does look like it bends a bit so the bench might be situated more catty-cornered as your passing it? It's hard to tell from the photo but possible a person sitting there, their profile might be visible to hikers. And if they turned their head to look at hikers, very visible. From the other end, someone sitting there would definitely see hikers if not in their peripheral vision then as they walked down the trail some. JMO

The trail does look like it bends a bit so the bench might be situated more catty-cornered as your passing it? It's hard to tell from the photo but possible a person sitting there, their profile might be visible to hikers.
Agree, it looks catty-cornered to me. And I wish there was a view closer to the bench, it almost looks like there may be a trail going off past the bench as well (to the creek?). I guess I need to dig out an old trail map.

Do we know how many people were questioned before RA was arrested? Dozens? Possibly hundreds? Did LE keep recordings of all of them? Are they required to once they ruled them out?
500 interviews just in the first 3 months:

April 25, 2017

The case’s lead investigator speaks with Call 6 Investigates for the first time. After almost three months, 16,000 tips and 500 interviews…

There are so many observant and intelligent people that post regularly here on WS.

I find the difference of opinions fascinating.

I can see why many feel that RA isn't the right fit as the killer when you have, what seems to be, unsavory characters that just more closely fit the bill. Some of the people that are part of the Asaturu group are....em, creepy. Having said that, creepy people are in every community.

Do we know how many people were questioned before RA was arrested? Dozens? Possibly hundreds? Did LE keep recordings of all of them? Are they required to once they ruled them out?

EF would have been such an easy suspect if LE was just wanting someone to frame . Why not just go that route? The guy has issues. He loves to spin tall tales. I assume that stems from him being overlooked by people throughout his life.

LE had so, so many options if they wanted to make an arrest to get the community out of their hair. Yet, they didn't.

RA would be so far off from the image that most of us see in our minds when we think about who would be capable of killing the girls.
But with the little bit of information that we have, I believe that they have the right guy.

GK, TK, DN ,PW, JM , CE, and so many others fit this situation. They really wanted to find the person responsible and clearly weren't looking for just anyone. There is no deep love between the FBI, ISP, Delphi and the Vinlanders. The FBI and the police would jump at the opportunity to put them away for good, not protecting them.

To be clear, I don't see anyone here ( posting on WS) as inferior or ill intended. I do wonder if some are uninformed or just new to the case and haven't been weighing the possibilities as long as many of us have.

I have learned something from each person here. I appreciate all of you. <modsnip - off topic>

JMO
Regarding how many characters might have made for compelling POIs and scapegoats, I recall this:

When JacobWetterling was abducted, his mom said that, from the investigation, it was horrifying to discover just how many RSOs lived within such a small radius (took decades to find his murderer). Lots of likely candidates in Delphi, but no one else has been arrested. I think LE has the goods on RA. They didn't pick him and tape evidence to him. The evidence identified him.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
500 interviews just in the first 3 months:

April 25, 2017

The case’s lead investigator speaks with Call 6 Investigates for the first time. After almost three months, 16,000 tips and 500 interviews…

16,000 tips and not one of RA? Wow! I mean, it's so obvious he's BG! JMO

16,000 tips and not one of RA? Wow! I mean, it's so obvious he's BG! JMO
I see what you did there!

And I think it goes to public perception. He didn't present as a match. Or people noted it and shook it off, because nah, it couldn't be.

But it happens. The Boy Scout leader, the high school soccer coach, the beloved pastor, the neighbor dad. The ones you'd never suspect.

Double lives sadly are nothing new.

If RA is BG, he flew under the radar in plain sight.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member