Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what timeframe though? Many of us believe the "timeline" doesn't make sense at all (my opinion, in my opinion only), so that changes the validity of everyone's alibis, not just BH, PW, EF, etc.

IMO MOOOOOOO
For the time frame that LE was investigating. I would think that would certainly not be the 12th nor the15th...that in-between, I would guess. You know the coroner can give a pretty hood idea of when they died as well as Libby's phone.

You are using conjecture here, without knowing either the content or context of the supposed confessions. "Sounds like" and "probably" don't convince me. I'll simply wait until the trial to make a determination on the confessions. <modsnip>
Yep theorizing on the information I've read from the filings in the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was done. It's odd that Click has said the D twisted facts and LE doesn't believe the murders were ritualistic. Too bad we've not heard from the one remaining investigator from that Rushville team. Just some thoughts

Click said they misrepresented his opinions about the nature (and maybe motive?) of the crime, not who committed it, from what I understand (IMO MOO). He didn't say that means those people aren't involved (IMO MOO), though, and in fact 6 months later (after he said the D twisted things), he doubled down on saying he still thinks those people are involved and there was more evidence against them, in his opinion, than Richard Allen.

This is just my understanding of Todd Click's stance. I think it's entirely possible he thinks those people were at least involved and even if it wasn't ritualistic, it was, for some reason, made to look that way.

IMO MOO

This is where i am now. the transcript from mar18/24 hearing , SM says that BH was clocked into work, they contacted admin who said that BH truck may be visible on video but the video wasn't collected and none of the coworkers were interviewed (but all the LE interviews from the 6 days after the crime are lost anyways.)
SM?

I agree Henry Lee Lucas did make a ton of false confessions. However, there was one huge difference between his situation and the instant case. That being, Henry Lee Lucas had already been convicted when he did so, and most believe he did so to gain preferential treatment during his sentence. This motivation isn't present here.
Katharine Ramsland noted other motivations:
“He had nothing whatsoever to lose, but plenty to gain by way of entertainment and feeling empowered.”
[…]
“Somehow, he believed that by undermining law enforcement as he had done, he would regain his freedom. He told one officer he would be free in a month.”
If RA has made false confessions, I do not know his motivation. He may not be convicted, but he is behind bars.

jmo

I agree Henry Lee Lucas did make a ton of false confessions. However, there was one huge difference between his situation and the instant case. That being, Henry Lee Lucas had already been convicted when he did so, and most believe he did so to gain preferential treatment during his sentence. This motivation isn't present here.
No but advice from his lawyers might be present in RA's case. They are untrustworthy, IMO.

No but advice from his lawyers might be present in RA's case. They are untrustworthy, IMO.
To tell your client to continue to make confessions while awaiting trial to somehow lessen the effect of a prior confession is truly one of the oddest defenses I have ever heard. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

To tell your client to continue to make confessions while awaiting trial to somehow lessen the effect of a prior confession is truly one of the oddest defenses I have ever heard. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Especially such experienced and highly regarded attorneys like Baldwin and Rozzi.

IMO MOO

If the Defense ever shows up for one, even though they say they've had to beg for them. moo
I was really expecting/hoping to see more this week, especially with so much else going on in the true crime world (Daybell sentencing, Karen Read trial shenanigans, Trump verdict aftermath, etc.) to act as a buffer/distraction! But....nothing except the judge's decision to not recuse herself. Time is still hurtling toward that October trial and......nothing.

JMO MOO

I pop in here from time to time and why is this taking so long? What is up with the defense?

Are they dragging this out so that something happens that can cause no trial to go forward any time soon. If so I see no merit other than a hold out to cause a mistrial.

MOo MOO
EBM

I pop in here from time to time and why is this taking so long? What is up with the defense?

Are they dragging this out so that something happens that can cause no trial to go forward any time soon. If so I see no merit other than a hold out to cause a mistrial.

MOo MOO
EBM

Depends on who you ask :). The defense team originally wanted a speedy trial, but then they got late discovery dribbled in from the State and realized they needed more time to both review/investigate based on that discovery, and they'd also need more time than the judge was allowing for the trial. So it had to be moved.

JMO MOO

I was really expecting/hoping to see more this week, especially with so much else going on in the true crime world (Daybell sentencing, Karen Read trial shenanigans, Trump verdict aftermath, etc.) to act as a buffer/distraction! But....nothing except the judge's decision to not recuse herself. Time is still hurtling toward that October trial and......nothing.

JMO MOO
Sounds from AB's loooong voicemail discussing the defense case to an unknown person he found on an internet site, they are still quite busy trying to find someone who will agree and testify that all Odins aren't bad, what runes really are, and it was those bad Heathens. Umm, I thought we were past this already, 5 FM's anyone?

The Defense needs all the time they squeeze out of this circus they've created. They still aren't ready so the continuance works out again in their favor. Just like in Oct, Jan and again in May.

I just can't figure out why they wouldn't be more in a hurry to get their emotionally connected and completely innocent client to trial ASAP?

JMO

JMO MOO
What more could there be? I know, I shouldn't even think or ask that, with this case, because a legal bomb will go off :eek:

MOo MOO
EBM
I know, it was we want, we want...then they got, they got...uhhh we bad we don't want after all. Hopefully the D is finally getting to look through everything in discovery and will be ready for October.

Sounds from AB's loooong voicemail discussing the defense case to an unknown person he found on an internet site, they are still quite busy trying to find someone who will agree and testify that all Odins aren't bad, what runes really are, and it was those bad Heathens. Umm, I thought we were past this already, 5 FM's anyone?

The Defense needs all the time they squeeze out of this circus they've created. They still aren't ready so the continuance works out again in their favor. Just like in Oct, Jan and again in May.

I just can't figure out why they wouldn't be more in a hurry to get their emotionally connected and completely innocent client to trial ASAP?

JMO
Ok I missed something. The D is now saying it was the Heathens who did it?

But I understood that the 5 men labeled murderers in the FM can't sue for slander nor libel? Isn't that true? Now I'm confused.
That is true; the courts make exception for such. I outlined this somewhere in a previous thread.

P.S. I'm not saying anyone in this thread will be sued for libel (written) or slander (speech).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective