Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the warden is talking about different officers ?

I really am trying to understand, read the affidavits again. Are you referring to the warden saying there are 5 people that practice odinism? IMO that would mean five inmates.

Or maybe that patches worn said In Oden We Trust? That patch/phrase does not mean a person is an Odinist. The guards stated one followed Norse Paganism, the other stated the patch was not Odinism but represents a higher power. Both guards stated they do not practice odinism.

If I am missing something, please let me know. Would not be the first time something flew over my head. :rolleyes:

Could you lead me in a direction where these guards admit they are Odin guards, or the like? Reason I ask is everything I have read states they do not follow Odinism.

Also if anyone has a legit link to the guards affidavit, I had a post removed because the link was not approved and not sure of which post, so I don't want to repost again.

I think the details of the above and the talk that Richard Allen is afraid of the guards have been lost in all this. To my knowledge Richard Allen has never said the guards threatened him. In addition the guards never claim to follow Odinism. This was all brainstormed by the defense.

Thanks FG

Thanks for catching that. I should have said: "admitted Odin patch-wearing guards."

IMO
For all intents and purposes, it matters not which form of the religion they practice. Has it ever been said which Odin-trusting group were possibly responsible for the ruin-like formations at the crime scene?

The thing I'm concerned with is this:
They have imprisoned a man before his trial for murders where there were some indications of possible Odinist involvement and 2 guards who wear Odin patches had access to him. The P really needed a confession from this man and they finally got, not one, but 20+.

I really am trying to understand, read the affidavits again. Are you referring to the warden saying there are 5 people that practice odinism? IMO that would mean five inmates.

Or maybe that patches worn said In Oden We Trust? That patch/phrase does not mean a person is an Odinist. The guards stated one followed Norse Paganism, the other stated the patch was not Odinism but represents a higher power. Both guards stated they do not practice odinism.

If I am missing something, please let me know. Would not be the first time something flew over my head. :rolleyes:

I must have missed whatever you missed. I noticed D offering no proof to substantiate how it came to be that RA was harassed by Odins which somehow forced him to confess. Moreso it became a complaint that he was constantly monitored by CCTV, so if there’s no proof he was pressured/threatened to confess in my humble opinion it’s merely a defense ploy, a poor one, quite desperate in fact.
JMO

“Galipeau also acknowledged that there are inmates within the facility who practice Odinism, but said none have direct contact with Richard Allen.

The two officers named by the defense in its motion signed affidavits for the state stating they never harassed Richard Allen nor had one-on-one interactions with Allen. They also stated that neither had conversations with Allen that were not recorded.”

The great Odin guard conspiracy theory lacks sense.

The allegedly young girls kidnaping murderers and ritualistic Odins are so organized until it comes to their important task of allegedly providing the P with confessions then failing in the qualities of those confessions.

Wouldn't the guards rack up Richard Allen until he was suitably intimidated then give him a piece of paper and pen to write out his confession and give his instructions to his attorneys to submit a guilty plea?

Or as I’ve suggested more simply wouldn’t they just have Richard Allen killed to eliminate future problems with him.

If they can kill young girls with everything and everyone going for them getting rid of a nobody pawn would fit an alleged plan.

The Odin guard theory is a witch hunt by the Defense.

All imo

interesting! I assumed that the warden would be referring to COs as the individuals since that’s the entire reason behind the affadavit but now I’m rereading it and he doesn’t actually directly address the issue of odinist guards.

It’s purely my own opinion, but based on the lengthy history of racism and corruption in the Indiana prison system, I can’t assume no corruption or gang affiliation exists with COs aligned with religion also used by a white suprematist prison gang. The list of convicted corrupt Indiana prison guards is long (from google).

I agree this entire “patches” fiasco doesnt have anything to do with the murders, its the pre-trial treatment of the accused and contribution to his current mental state.

If I’m up to date, the whole odinist alternate theory probably won’t even come into trial so it seems like an absolute waste of time from where I’m standing (unless I’m missing something ) Im not a lawyer but I have concerns about the decisions made by this defense team and where they’ve decided to take this defense.

There's always corruption and individuals that historically can and have latch onto any religion and distort it in evil ways. That's why, IMO, it's important to view each and every person and their actions or non-actions individually. Lumping people together with sensationalistic claims, which IMO is what RA's defense has done, does injustice to everyone involved. AJMO

The great Odin guard conspiracy theory lacks sense.

The allegedly young girls kidnaping murderers and ritualistic Odins are so organized until it comes to their important task of allegedly providing the P with confessions then failing in the qualities of those confessions.

Wouldn't the guards rack up Richard Allen until he was suitably intimidated then give him a piece of paper and pen to write out his confession and give his instructions to his attorneys to submit a guilty plea?

Or as I’ve suggested more simply wouldn’t they just have Richard Allen killed to eliminate future problems with him.

If they can kill young girls with everything and everyone going for them getting rid of a nobody pawn would fit an alleged plan.

The Odin guard theory is a witch hunt by the Defense.

All imo
You may have just laid out exactly what RA's defense is going to claim about the numerous confession letters RA wrote to the Westville warden.

I'm surprised they gave him a pen while on suicide watch.
I was equally surprised to see him sporting shoes with shoe laces at one of his hearings.
Well you're right about that! I f he was allowed a pen and paper...5 or 6 times, he must have been mentally ok at the time he confessed. Maybe they were emails and warden just characterized them as letters?

Edit to include: Not trying to be comical but maybe if he still was on watch they would give him something like a non-toxic crayon-type writing tool?

Last edited:
You may have just laid out exactly what RA's defense is going to claim about the numerous confession letters RA wrote to the Westville warden.

Yes, they have already auditioned several variations of that accusation.

What’s laughable is that the guards weren’t born yesterday and if they set out to do this task to save themselves it would have been more successful, imo. It would be over one way or another.

If Richard Allen has truly instructed his attorneys to plead him guilty and they haven’t done so then folks need to have a problem.

If there is any chance that RA is confessing and asking to plead guilty of his own free will and his attorneys are obstructing his right to do so in order to continue the case for their own reasons they are denying the victims families the relief a regretful Richard Allen may be offering. That’s wrong, imo.

All imo

Defendant's Motion to Suppress Statements
(snips)
Through this process, Allen's attorneys have learned that Allen has been accused of making
incriminating statements to both inmates and guards. Nearly all of these statements appear
to have occurred between mid-March of 2023 and June of 2023. During this time frame,
there also exists medical/psychiatric records suggesting that Allen was in state of psychosis.
(See attached Report of Treatment Review Committee (TRC) Hearing).

These inmates, all of whom are convicted felons, were not only actively engaged in surveilling
Allen's activities, but were also communicating with him from time-to-time. Allen's attorneys
have also learned that at some point in early April of 2023, prison officials deliberately pulled the
inmates from Allen's cell door and replaced them with prison guards.
Allen's attorneys have
learned that this appears to have been prompted by an inmate or inmates engaging Allen
regarding his pending charges and communicating Allen's thoughts and words to the families of
these inmates, thereby violating any sense of confidentiality that might exist within the walls of
the penitentiary.
State's Objection to Def. Motion to Suppress Statements.

2. That the State has identified and provided the names of all suicide companions, which the State intends to call as witnesses for confessions and relevant statements against his own 1 interest, which includes sixteen (16) correctional officers, eight (8) inmate companions, Warden Galipeau, Mental Health personnel and Indiana State Police Officers.

7. That the Defendant is being held in pre-trial detention for his safety pursuant to Court Order. Inmates of the PLUS program and subsequently Corrections Officers at the IDOC holding facilities have been assigned to observe Richard Allen and record his behaviors, which has included documenting statements by Richard Allen. That the assignment of correctional officers to replace inmate companions coincided with Richard Allen being provided with legal documents for his case; therefore, it was determined no longer appropriate for inmates to provide companion services due to the GAG order and Discovery Protective Order.

(snips)
Through this process, Allen's attorneys have learned that Allen has been accused of making
incriminating statements to both inmates and guards. Nearly all of these statements appear
to have occurred between mid-March of 2023 and June of 2023. During this time frame,
there also exists medical/psychiatric records suggesting that Allen was in state of psychosis.

These inmates, all of whom are convicted felons, were not only actively engaged in surveilling
Allen's activities, but were also communicating with him from time-to-time. Allen's attorneys
have also learned that at some point in early April of 2023, prison officials deliberately pulled the
Allen's attorneys have
learned that this appears to have been prompted by an inmate or inmates engaging Allen
regarding his pending charges and communicating Allen's thoughts and words to the families of
these inmates, thereby violating any sense of confidentiality that might exist within the walls of
the penitentiary.

2. That the State has identified and provided the names of all suicide companions, which the State intends to call as witnesses for confessions and relevant statements against his own 1 interest, which includes sixteen (16) correctional officers, eight (8) inmate companions, Warden Galipeau, Mental Health personnel and Indiana State Police Officers.

7. That the Defendant is being held in pre-trial detention for his safety pursuant to Court Order. Inmates of the PLUS program and subsequently Corrections Officers at the IDOC holding facilities have been assigned to observe Richard Allen and record his behaviors, which has included documenting statements by Richard Allen. That the assignment of correctional officers to replace inmate companions coincided with Richard Allen being provided with legal documents for his case; therefore, it was determined no longer appropriate for inmates to provide companion services due to the GAG order and Discovery Protective Order.
I just can't with these guys. Everything is "nearly" or "appears" or "suggests" or "at some point"..nothing is definitive...except the inaccuracies. JMO

I just can't with these guys. Everything is "nearly" or "appears" or "suggests" or "at some point"..nothing is definitive...except the inaccuracies. JMO
Maybe the Ds aren't 100% sure about the information they've been given?
Better to be a bit vague than definitive on something that they may not know to be the absolute truth.

Maybe the Ds aren't 100% sure about the information they've been given?
Better to be a bit vague than definitive on something that they may not know to be the absolute truth.

Being “a bit vague” in a legal filing in order to introduce misleading scenarios is somehow not being dishonest? Making up things and making up statements that you know may not be the absolute truth is not lying? And it’s specifically done to try and get a double child murderer off.
How is that OK? It is not OK in my opinion. It is not OK to excuse it and look the other way.
Just my opinion.

(snips)

Allen's attorneys have
the penitentiary.

Well, the legal docs were delivered by what, a 20-some year old rookie and NOT his attorney(s)
who could have delivered them and gone over them with him.
But NOPE-- they send a rookie instead who probably just dropped the documents off to him and left, regardless if other inmates or CO's were present because he didn't know any better-- again-- the Defense team fault.

IF RA is indeed not being treated legally per protocol then it is RA's own DEFENSE team that is doing this.
NOT LE, not JG, not the FBI-- but his own attorneys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member