Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's simply untrue.
I believe it is true as well, they are not ready as we have seen on their continuances and withdraw of a Speedy Trail Motion they made to begin with and Baldwin scrolling the Net for Odin experts on runes a month before the originally scheduled May trial that both sides agreed to in March.

JMO

Last edited:
To me, IMO RA=BG=Killer from his overall look to his walking gait. Also, that is what the State believes and can prove in their Case I'm betting.

JMO

I expect that Libby's original full-video work will be admitted, and (hopefully) it will be played in full for the jury. The images are important. The time stamps are important. The voices are important. Very critical evidence.

However, that 2-second manipulated data used by ISP's public case page to draw more tips will not be admitted at trial precisely b/c it's over-edited and changed to the point of being a tips tool rather than a factual depiction. (This is why it's not possible to identify BG or his walking gate from the blurry 2 second tiny heavily edited pixel.)

JMHO

That's simply untrue.
It's my opinion also. Every delay to trial has been the work of the defense. That June 15, 2023 hearing solidified it for me. It was all cordial and agreements about setting the length and dates of the trial. The P even said they had more discovery generated by subpoenas to give the D soon. There was no discourse. There was also no apparent problems with JG. All that in court on the record. Since then nothing but delays and dramas from the D. Prosecution has been ready to go, first in January then May. It's been all shameful deceptions with the D. AJMO

I expect that Libby's original full-video work will be admitted, and (hopefully) it will be played in full for the jury. The images are important. The time stamps are important. The voices are important. Very critical evidence.

However, that 2-second manipulated data used by ISP's public case page to draw more tips will not be admitted at trial precisely b/c it's over-edited and changed to the point of being a tips tool rather than a factual depiction. (This is why it's not possible to identify BG or his walking gate from the blurry 2 second tiny heavily edited pixel.)

JMHO
I'm fine with that.

I do believe the geo-fence warrant - a fairly standard tool, is being misrepresented. And I do suspect the defence seeks to create a 'conspiracy' I doubt exists here.

To recap, the geofence warrant is a way of restricting a warrant for phone data by time and geo so that it is constitutional. The prosecutors podcast had a recent deep dive into the history and use, which is fascinating and I highly recommend skimming it for the basic understanding of how they work and what you get back.

Steps in the Geofence Process

Step One:
The government first seeks anonymized numerical identifiers and time-stamped location coordinates for every device that passed through an area in a specified window of time. This information is obtained from a company, most commonly Google, using a geofence warrant. [...]

Step Two: The government reviews the list and culls it using other investigative techniques. Sometimes the government requests more information about particular accounts from the company. That request may be made by a private letter to the company for more location history for a longer period of time with no geographic limitations.

Step Three: The government further narrows the list and requests identifying information (e.g., usernames, birth dates, and other identifying information of the phones’ owners) from the company for the culled list of users through the initial warrant or an additional warrant, court order, or subpoena.

So the key idea here is first you'd get back a lot of info that is anonymised. Then you winnow it down via your investigation and go back to the phone company/google and say aha! tell us about this one!

The fact that there exists a plot of 3 users on an AT&T chart does not mean there are unknown killers at the crime scene, nor witnesses to the murders. Indeed as the State points out (in State’s Response To Defendants 3rd Motion For Franks Hearing - screencapped) , these users are all known. It could well be the case that the geo-fence stuff simply won't be more than a one sentence answer in the state case .... "nothing of interest" - precisely because the killer likely wasn't helpful enough to take a turned on phone to the murders. Perhaps it will help with the timeline stuff, but then I suspect they will be relying on more detailed extractions and specific data for key witnesses.

IMO the state is simply saying this kind of misdirection should not be allowed at trial. But it won't be anyway. At best the geofence is going to have identified some known people, who may already be witnesses at trial, or who won't be because they never saw anything. But there will likely be specific subpoenas/phone analysis for these people.

tldr; i am sceptical geofence will play a significant role

MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 08.37.31.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 08.37.31.png
    655.3 KB · Views: 3
I wonder if the 3 phones on the "crime scene" that I think it's most likely the bridge were 3 girls, Ch and two other friends. From what I remember, she said she was at the bridge at 3:00 pm with two friends. She and the friends crossed the bridge until the south end and then returned.

Are the reward monies still intact? Serious question as I haven't heard much about it for quite some time. Who is holding them if you know. TIA
Information can be reported anonymously; however, the Indiana State Police, the FBI, and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department have announced a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or persons responsible for the homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams. The amount of the reward may be in excess of $200,000 depending upon the value of the information provided.

Law enforcement authorities reserve the right to reject a claim for reward where there has been collusion or criminal involvement. The reward may be apportioned between various persons and/or paid for the arrest of the responsible person(s), as the circumstances fairly dictate.

The Indiana State Police Alliance (ISPA) has established an account for individuals or businesses wishing to donate to the Delphi Reward Fund. Checks should be made payable to the Indiana State Police Alliance Foundation. “Delphi Reward” should be entered on the memo line. Donations can be mailed to:

Indiana State Police Alliance
1415 Shelby Street
Indianapolis, IN 46203

-.-.-
It seems, all the text on this WANTED-poster is very different to the text, I'm remembering. :oops:

On Monday, February 13th, at approximately 1:00 p.m., the two young girls were let off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned rail bridge over Deer Creek to walk around and hang out. They were to be picked up later in the afternoon, but did not show up there at the previously arranged time. Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge.
On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail. The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie. During the course of the investigation, preliminary evidence has led investigators to believe the person, in the distributed photograph, is a suspect in the investigation of the homicides of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Last edited:

JMHO
You state that it's not possible to identify BG by the video, I don't agree. I see RA in the video.

Agreed there will be additional audio and video presented at trial. LE didn't release it in its entirety, but the video is another big brick in RA's wall of guilt.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member