Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #186

It’s just another bit of Circumstantial evidence and the more there is the more it adds up to his guilt.

There are loads of photos that show he has pants that fit exactly like BG’s with the sagging bottoms and then add in he admits he was out there and dressed similar to BG.

So it all points towards his guilt bit by bit. Due to such a long gap between his arrest and the crime I’m hoping this all helps paint a picture and he won’t be able to get off.

Mooo
Yes. It will be a totality of evidence, not any one piece, that the jury will use to decide on a verdict. Of course, there could still be a “smoking gun” that will be revealed at trial.

jmo

Wasn't DD up on stage for that first big March 2017 presser? Why didn't he say, "hey, that's RA! I just talked to him in the grocery store parking lot!" He saw RA up close and personal and I guess didn't think "BG" looked like him. Or sounded like him for that matter.

Also, the part I bolded....do you have a link for this?

IMO MOO

who matched the description of the photograph taken from Victim2's video

Wasn't DD up on stage for that first big March 2017 presser? Why didn't he say, "hey, that's RA! I just talked to him in the grocery store parking lot!" He saw RA up close and personal and I guess didn't think "BG" looked like him. Or sounded like him for that matter.

IMO MOO

DD sent in the notes from interview of RA. He wouldn't have known his notes were misfiled. How could he possibly have known whether Richard Allen was cleared or a POI? However, I feel comfortable DD will be called to testify, should this ever make it to trial. I also feel comfortable believing the defense will ask that very question. DD will not be under a gag order when/if he testifies.

Only my opinion, I do not think Richard Allen was wearing the same clothing on the day of the interview as he was wearing the day Abby and Libby were murdered.

DD sent in the notes from interview of RA. He wouldn't have known his notes were misfiled. How could he possibly have known whether Richard Allen was cleared or a POI? However, I feel comfortable DD will be called to testify, should this ever make it to trial. I also feel comfortable believing the defense will ask that very question. DD will not be under a gag order when/if he testifies.

Only my opinion, I do not think Richard Allen was wearing the same clothing on the day of the interview as he was wearing the day Abby and Libby were murdered.

I'm mostly wondering why DD didn't know "BG" was RA....wasn't he literally the only one who talked to him face to face and knew he was there? Some people here say "BG" is a spitting image of RA....if that were so, why didn't DD identify him? So odd. And yes, hopefully the trial will make it make sense. I personally believe "BG" is not at all RA (but RA may still be involved/guilty in some way). Time will tell.

IMO MOO

IMO MOO
IIRC, he was on stage at the FEB presser.
Perhaps the March one also, but I only remember the FEB one.

JMO

I'm mostly wondering why DD didn't know "BG" was RA....wasn't he literally the only one who talked to him face to face and knew he was there? Some people here say "BG" is a spitting image of RA....if that were so, why didn't DD identify him? So odd. And yes, hopefully the trial will make it make sense. I personally believe "BG" is not at all RA (but RA may still beinvolved/guilty in some way). Time will tell.

IMO MOO
Maybe DD did suspect RA was BG

We really don't know now, do we ??

JMO

I'm mostly wondering why DD didn't know "BG" was RA....wasn't he literally the only one who talked to him face to face and knew he was there? Some people here say "BG" is a spitting image of RA....if that were so, why didn't DD identify him? So odd. And yes, hopefully the trial will make it make sense. I personally believe "BG" is not at all RA (but RA may still be involved/guilty in some way). Time will tell.

IMO MOO
I suppose some people are just better at recognition than others. I've heard say that women in general are better at facial recognition. But people are different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe DD is just a precisionist for written details because he's not so great at recalling the visual? Here's hoping! JMO

I suppose some people are just better at recognition than others. I've heard say that women in general are better at facial recognition. But people are different and have different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe DD is just a precisionist for written details because he's not so great at recalling the visual? Here's hoping! JMO
Or did DD interview RA before the sketch was release? I think DD interviewed RA on the 14th or 15th. Was the sketch released to the public by then? Or the video?

JMO

RA was probably wearing his trusty CVS manager coat looking like a dependable trusted good ole' boy. ;)

JMO

My own opinion on this, is we can get buried in the what DD should or should not have done, which might not be how his evidence is used at trial.

IMO the most damaging evidence against RA is the tip itself, as it destroys his version and it is the only contemporaneous record we know of.

So the defence may try to say the tip is somehow not authentic. But DD will no doubt testify he did take this tip. Then the defence may try to say it's not accurate (e.g the mistake on it's face). So to me, that is where DD's testimony will be important.

Whether or not DD ever followed up on the tip or thought RA looked like BG could get asked I guess? I suppose i just don't see those questions as very important compared to the note he took.

MOO

This is the WNDU 16 video of the Feb press conference with DD on stage.
A large pic of BG is down in front of the stage.
DD apparently didn't remember talking to that little short guy just a week before.

I don't think he'll make a good witness.
He didn't get the name right, didn't get the address right, didn't know where his recording disappeared to, didn't recognize the short guy who admitted to being on the bridge.

Or did DD interview RA before the sketch was release? I think DD interviewed RA on the 14th or 15th. Was the sketch released to the public by then? Or the video?

JMO
2/15/17 photo
2/22/17 audio (DTH)
7/17/17 sketch
4/22/19 video, new sketch, more audio (guys)

2/15/17 photo
2/22/17 audio (DTH)
7/17/17 sketch
4/22/19 video, new sketch, more audio (guys)

Thanks STG, I think RA might have spoke with Dulin before the photo or sketch. I, like others here, believe he reported being there because of the 4 girls he encountered on the Freedom trail. Like others have said, maybe he thought they might have recognized him from CVS.

I don't see why it's important whether or not DD recognised RA as BG.

Numerous people didn't. People who knew him and saw him regularly.

I see his main role as getting the tip admitted into evidence. It will help if he remembers the time point, but realistically years later, the text of the tip is the best record and it will be up the jury what weight to place on it. Personally I think it has more value than what people say in the year 2022.

ETA: Especially I don't see why DD would write down 3.30 as the outerbound if RA was saying he left at 1.30. I just don't see any way to make sense of the range DD has there, and what RA says 5 years later

MOO

I see his main role as getting the tip admitted into evidence. It will help if he remembers the time point, but realistically years later, the text of the tip is the best record and it will be up the jury what weight to place on it. Personally I think it has more value than what people say in the year 2022.

MOO

Exactly even his own wife and Daughter didn’t.

It’s only after the fact it slots together like a puzzle. He also went out of his way to change his appearance which I will be interested to hear about and his behavior after the murders.

This is the WNDU 16 video of the Feb press conference with DD on stage.
A large pic of BG is down in front of the stage.
DD apparently didn't remember talking to that little short guy just a week before.

I don't think he'll make a good witness.
He didn't get the name right, didn't get the address right, didn't know where his recording disappeared to, didn't recognize the short guy who admitted to being on the bridge.
In fairness, we don't know how the last name got listed as the street. With so many tips flooding in and probably not nearly enough personnel to handle them, human oversight and bad processing is certainly a possibility. JMO

ETA: Especially I don't see why DD would write down 3.30 as the outerbound if RA was saying he left at 1.30. I just don't see any way to make sense of the range DD has there, and what RA says 5 years later

MOO

As a juror who is supposed to keep and open mind:
It would be important for me to see when that info was entered into the system.
I would need to see the actual wording of that info.

MOO
RSBM

Since it wasn't recorded (or recording was "lost") we don't know exactly what RA said and exactly what DD inferred. I've seen it theorized that DD could have said, "were you out on the trails between the hours of 1:30 and 3:30?" RA could have thought he meant, "were you out on the trails ANYTIME between...." RA said yes, because he was, and DD inferred that RA meant he was there from exactly 1:30 to 3:30. But RA actually meant he was there at the very beginning of that timeframe and left.

Just offering an opinion, as usual. IMO MOO

RSBM

Since it wasn't recorded (or recording was "lost") we don't know exactly what RA said and exactly what DD inferred. I've seen it theorized that DD could have said, "were you out on the trails between the hours of 1:30 and 3:30?" RA could have thought he meant, "were you out on the trails ANYTIME between...." RA said yes, because he was, and DD inferred that RA meant he was there from exactly 1:30 to 3:30. But RA actually meant he was there at the very beginning of that timeframe and left.

Just offering an opinion, as usual. IMO MOO

You are forgetting the witness who sees him out on platform one before she sees the girls walking towards it.

So that gives the time frame of where he was when imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aggie_C
Back