Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #189

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CourtTV - Day 2 of the Hearings.

It was brought up today that RA confessed at one point that he shot the girls in the back - it seems he confessed all kinds of things at times.

What I want to know more than anything right now though is why did he turn around and glare at Libby's family without apparently losing that hold or stare whatsoever.

This was brought up by one guest on CourtTV who witnessed it firsthand as she was sitting near them so saw him doing it - she found it creepy.

I want to know if there is some kind of history there between the Germans and RA that we don't know about.
MS also mentioned this in tge podcast I just posted. Aine said he was glaring back at a lot of people and at one point held her gaze. She said it made her think is this what the girl's last saw? She also noticed him staring at the victim's family members. Aine used the words, it was very odd behavior.

Oh man, this is why I hate that we can’t watch the hearings ourselves and we’re forced to listen to these podcasters trying to create drama to sell their shows. No one else who was present has reported that story or claim. MOO
There was no drama created on the MS podcast. It was straight-up reporting of what was said and what they observed. They actually complemented BR very much at one point. MO

Cannot wait to hear all the details of RA confessing in phone calls as documented by Detective Harshman. Just a few things. The count of confessions has risen to over 100. RA found God in 2023 and wants to be honest. RA has confessed many, many times to his wife and mother on phone calls. He confessed details to numerous people. He's STILL confessing even after the move to Wabash away from those nasty Odinist guards. He's worried about going to trial and his family will seeing what he did. WOWSA, what a day in court!

And those details included information only the killer would know per Detective Harshman.
Hard to pull that off in a false confession.

I’m interested to understand whether the confessions were made during the time period RA was possibly experiencing a psychotic episode, according to the Psychologist. If RA was in fact experiencing a psychotic episode at this exact time, and if they were contradictory and didn’t really make sense, that would reduce the impact of confessions for me. I want to read exactly what the Psychologist said.
From what I've read so far, that is not the case at all. He was not acting psychotic when he made these confessions. There were more than 60 of them made. Many included details not known by anyone but the killer. They were not nonsensical or contradictory when he made the initial ones to his wife and mother. He was sincere and genuine and explained he didn't want them to hear the truth during the trial, he wanted them to hear it from him.

He also began the confessions after he began reading the bible----and he was worried that he would not be able to be with his wife and daughter and mother in heaven unless he made things right and confessed his sins. So he had a reason, that made sense to him, for admitting to his actions.

And those details included information only the killer would know per Detective Harshman.
Hard to pull that off in a false confession.
Yes indeed, this is a done deal, IMO, but his family and lawyers just can't accept his decision to tell the truth and hopefully save his soul. That's what RA has said he's concerned about. Should we not believe him? MO

Yes indeed, this is a done deal, IMO, but his family and lawyers just can't accept his decision to tell the truth and hopefully save his soul. That's what RA has said he's concerned about. Should we not believe him? MO

Unfortunately this doesn’t make a name for his team or grab the headlines.

IMO

Unfortunately this doesn’t make a name for his team or grab the headlines.

IMO
I mean in the end who's their client, RA or his wife and mother? What he wants should trump all else. If you can't convince his family this is what he wants to do, not to sound mean but, oh well they will just have to deal with it somehow. Their client's wishes should come first, no? MO

I mean in the end who's their client, RA or his wife and mother? What he wants should trump all else. If you can't convince his family this is what he wants to do, not to sound mean but, oh well they will just have to deal with it somehow. Their client's wishes should come first, no? MO
Well, his wife seems to be completely deluded and still doesn’t believe he did it. So if she is pushing back at Richard and saying“ it’s fine you don’t know what you’re saying, and it’s all going to go away”, then that doesn’t help the situation either.

Maybe she also doesn’t want the stigma of being married to a man who brutally killed two young girls in cold blood either. Just imagine walking around with that burden on your back for another few decades, so there is a lot of denial going on for her.

So he is surrounded by people with their own agendas who seemingly think they can still get him off.

Moooooo

Last edited:
Well, his wife seems to be completely deluded and still doesn’t believe he did it. So if she is pushing back at Richard and saying“ it’s fine you don’t know what you’re saying, and it’s all going to go away”, then that doesn’t help the situation either.

Maybe she also doesn’t want the stigma of being married to a man who brutally killed two young girls in cold blood either. Just imagine walking around with that burden on your back for another few decades, so there is a lot of denial going on for her.

So he is surrounded by people with their own agendas who seemingly think they can still get him off.

Moooooo
Denial, first stage of grief.
It’s not hugely surprising and I don’t think we should judge his family. There’s a level of shock and trauma for them, too.

I don’t like much about his lawyers but they’re doing everything they can to keep him out of jail, which is their job #1.

Detective H (last witness of the day) personally listened to 160 phone calls. RA confessed at least 60 times, during some of those times providing details that only the killer would know. Never saw any coercion for RA to confess. Over 100 hours of audio and video recordings. None of RA's attorney's calls were recorded.

2nd week of Nov 22, RA says to KA "if this becomes too much for you, tell me and I will tell them everything I know".
Expressed concern about his family and that they might not love his anymore.

RA found religion in jail and wanted to make sure he would be with his family in heaven since he wasn't going to be with them again IRL. RA continues to confess many times to his wife and mother. They would downplay it say they didn't want to hear it, and say that 'they' were messing with his mind'. KA did hang up and called Rozzi.

RA identified the murder weapon as a box cutter issued by CVS and he disposed of it in a dumpster outside of CVS.

Murder Sheet

Detective H (last witness of the day) personally listened to 160 phone calls. RA confessed at least 60 times, during some of those times providing details that only the killer would know. Never saw any coercion for RA to confess. Over 100 hours of audio and video recordings. None of RA's attorney's calls were recorded.

2nd week of Nov 22, RA says to KA "if this becomes too much for you, tell me and I will tell them everything I know".
Expressed concern about his family and that they might not love his anymore.

RA found religion in jail and wanted to make sure he would be with his family in heaven since he wasn't going to be with them again IRL. RA continues to confess many times to his wife and mother. They would downplay it say they didn't want to hear it, and say that 'they' were messing with his mind'. KA did hang up and called Rozzi.

RA identified the murder weapon as a box cutter issued by CVS and he disposed of it in a dumpster outside of CVS.

Murder Sheet
In all that catharsis, did he once say why he did it, based on the testimony? Asking for millions of people.

I think one of my most notable moments from the psychologist testimony is that she gave RA a book to read because she thought it would help him. The book was written about a man who had survived a POW camp.:) That’s certainly interesting.
Regarding the book the psychologist gave RA (Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl), it is one of the most influential books I've read in my life. It was assigned reading in my high school humanities class. I gave it to my kids to read when they were teens too. It's an amazing book and I obviously recommend it. I can also see why she would give that book to RA and how it would help him.

jmo

Dr. Walla questioned by Rozzi. She gave information about receiving mental health care at Westville. They would make rounds to the inmate at least 2 times a week. When RA came into the prison he was on suicide watch already determined by the intake facility with his history of depression.

RA was taken off of Suicide Watch at some point and was doing better and adjusting. Dr. Walla arranged for RA's scratched window to be replaced. She talked about RA taking medication for heart problems, anti depressants for general anxiety disorder, and showed signs of dependent personality disorder in her opinion, although she did not diagnose him with that.

In 2019 RA was hospitalized for a week for a depressive event. We've heard that rumor now we now we have confirmation. She didn't give the date, but I wonder if it was near the time of the murders or if there was another major life event going on with RA?

At approx 30 min mark in above linked recap by MS.

JMO

From what I've read so far, that is not the case at all. He was not acting psychotic when he made these confessions. There were more than 60 of them made. Many included details not known by anyone but the killer. They were not nonsensical or contradictory when he made the initial ones to his wife and mother. He was sincere and genuine and explained he didn't want them to hear the truth during the trial, he wanted them to hear it from him.

He also began the confessions after he began reading the bible----and he was worried that he would not be able to be with his wife and daughter and mother in heaven unless he made things right and confessed his sins. So he had a reason, that made sense to him, for admitting to his actions.
My hunch is the wife doesn't want him to confess because his confessions will include more than the murders - that he wants to confess to what he has done before the murders too....and they wife doesn't want that to be spoken about. Speculation only, just thinking aloud.

jmo

In all that catharsis, did he once say why he did it, based on the testimony? Asking for millions of people.
It was mention RA spoke of his motion but it was never explained. If it goes to trial Detective Harshman will certainly have a lot to testify about, probably RA's self-declared motive. MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove