Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #195

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I believe I've stated that many times. In fact, I was completely convinced by those confessions, until I read about him eating his feces and other details about his mental state during the time when those confessions occurred. Let's just stop and consider that for a moment. He was eating his feces. That should give everyone pause.
I wonder why in the world his attorneys didn't have the same reaction upon hearing that and have him evaluated? Because it wouldn't have been good PR? I wonder if RA hasn't outright confessed to his attorneys, told them he murdered the girls? In the scheme of things, what responsibilities would that put on them? How would a man react if his family members cut off communications, the warden can't and won't respond, his mental health doctor outright tells him don't talk to me about that, talk to your lawyers. If they in turn deny you, what's left? How is the frustration of wanting to tell the truth but everyone who's your support denies you that going to manifest? Maybe he then thinks, ok I'll just shock and awe them all, they'll have to listen then? I don't understand his lawyers inaction about calling in bigger mental health guns, at all.
AJMO

I wonder why in the world his attorneys didn't have the same reaction upon hearing that and have him evaluated? Because it wouldn't have been good PR? I wonder if RA hasn't outright confessed to his attorneys, told them he murdered the girls? In the scheme of things, what responsibilities would that put on them? How would a man react if his family members cut off communications, the warden can't and won't respond, his mental health doctor outright tells him don't talk to me about that, talk to your lawyers. If they in turn deny you, what's left? How is the frustration of wanting to tell the truth but everyone who's your support denies you that going to manifest? Maybe he then thinks, ok I'll just shock and awe them all, they'll have to listen then? I don't understand his lawyers inaction about calling in bigger mental health guns, at all.
AJMO
What’s the process for doing something like that for an unconvicted inmate in solitary confinement at a maximum security prison several hours away? How do we even know they never tried to do that?

What’s the process for doing something like that for an unconvicted inmate in solitary confinement at a maximum security prison several hours away? How do we even know they never tried to do that?
Requests for competency and sanity assessments happen through the court. We saw this with Letecia Stauch and Lori Vallow. It puts other things on hold until they're completed. If it had happened, we would know about it.

MOO

I tend to agree that the role of the witnesses won't be to identify RA directly

Rather they will say when they saw a person consistent with Bridge Guy. The prosecution will obviously seek to prove that the person the 3 juvenile girls must be Bridge Guy.

The problem for RA then, is he confirmed seeing a similar group of girls - and according to DD's notes, at a time that must be around 1.30. I thought initially that RAs defence would be that there must be a second Bridge Guy. But because he foolishly spoke to LE, his defence is he was heading the opposite direction on the trails at 1.30 AND there is a second Bridge Guy. But that has significant issues.

Ditto re DD - i think his only point will be to exhibit his contemporaneous notes which are of course likely to be the most persuasive record of what happened many years ago. What he did or didn't think afterwards is completely irrelevant IMO. IMO there is nothing unusual or untoward about use of notes to refresh a witnesses memory - indeed its a key reason why file notes are taken and police take notes!

MOO

AJMO
Like I said before-eating feces is nothing, if you're trying to avoid the death penalty by claiming insanity!!!

So - just got back from vacation - and wanted to make sure that there IS NO NEXT hearing date - correct?? TIA! :)

I would like to make a request - if you - anyone here- post from the Docket - could you please "tag" me! TIA!

The members of the jury are held to a different standard than we are here at WS. I'm not sure a jury would buy the idea that RA took the girls off the bridge and than leave the rest up in the air. Maybe if there was another person involved, half an explanation might be enough.

IMO, they have laid out their case and they need to prove it. I truly hope they can.

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Yes, jurors are bound by the presumption of innocence, which is a fundamental principle of the American criminal justice system. The presumption of innocence means that the defendant is considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This places the burden of proof on the government to prove every element of the crime.
RSBBM
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt = Not any or every potential possibility known in the universe. JMO

IF he left in his car at 3:30 p.m. but the report also mentions he was ON the TRAILS at that time. IF he left the trails at 3:30 p.m. there is no way he drove off at 3:30 p.m. It would take time for him to walk back to his car which would put him in the timeframe of SC's sighting.
SC said she witnessed him walking on Old County Road N300 on or about 3:57. If he left the trails at 3:30ish, when Libby's Dad began to look for them when they weren't at the designated pick up spot, calling out or calling, texting her phone, that makes perfect sense in the timing.

From PCA Page 4 second paragraph.

DocumentCloud

I tend to agree that the role of the witnesses won't be to identify RA directly

Rather they will say when they saw a person consistent with Bridge Guy. The prosecution will obviously seek to prove that the person the 3 juvenile girls must be Bridge Guy.

The problem for RA then, is he confirmed seeing a similar group of girls - and according to DD's notes, at a time that must be around 1.30. I thought initially that RAs defence would be that there must be a second Bridge Guy. But because he foolishly spoke to LE, his defence is he was heading the opposite direction on the trails at 1.30 AND there is a second Bridge Guy. But that has significant issues.
Yes RA described seeing the girls himself, even one being taller with brown hair as noted on DD's interview note. Can't argue that was spoken or a setup, conspiracy going back to the day after the murder almost 5 1/2 years.

MOO

I don't think anyone has actually placed his car there. Varying descriptions have been given: smart car, purple PT Cruiser, older model, not dark. Car similar to his passing the HHS cam. No reports so far of a car similar to his being there at any other time than between 2 and 2:30.
The male witness described it as a "small dark car, possibly a smart car" at around 2:10 pm. He noticed it because of the odd way in which is was parked.

From the PCA Page 4, 1st paragraph.

EBM: Added time

DocumentCloud

Just the bits mentioned by ISP Harshman at the hearings. Said 61+ confessions some with details and dozens of incriminating statements too. He also mentioned the extremely adverse reactions RA's wife and mother had to RA confessing.Then there's Dr W who also just mentioned he confessed. Then there was also the warden who said wrote confessions to him numerous times. To hear RA's actual words we will have to wait until trial.
Don't forget his written confessions. :eek:

Like I said before-eating feces is nothing, if you're trying to avoid the death penalty by claiming insanity!!!
And if that were the case, why wouldn't his lawyers request an evaluation? It seems maybe they thought that would work in the long run in getting him off? It wasn't provable that RA was acting so unbalanced when the murders happened, only when he was caught? Doesn't help him now so ignore it medically and just lay it on thick for causation now, as to why his confessions are tainted? I still feel RA also confessed to his lawyers/their staff, he was confessing to any and everyone, why would he exclude them? Especially when RA found God and wanted to save his soul to get to heaven.
AJMO

SC said she witnessed him walking on Old County Road N300 on or about 3:57. If he left the trails at 3:30ish, when Libby's Dad began to look for them when they weren't at the designated pick up spot, calling out or calling, texting her phone, that makes perfect sense in the timing.

From PCA Page 4 second paragraph.

DocumentCloud
Agreed. I don't understand the problem with the timeline. I think he left the crime scene at 3:30 so that's why he said he left "the trails" at 3:30 probably before knowing about the video. In my opinion he left the crime scene at 3:30 and spent 15/20 minutes hiding in the woods, going up to the cemetery/road and then in some occasion he had to walk on the road because the woods didn't hide him anymore and he was saw by SC. For what I saw in some videos, the road has a very low traffic.

Don't forget his written confessions. :eek:
I wonder how many details those may hold.

"Allen has written the warden five or six letters while in prison"

Something else interesting in this article about the June 2023 hearing...

"During the pre-trial hearing, when asked if Cass County is still willing to accept Allen at his jail, Cass County Sheriff Ed Schroder bluntly told the court “I don’t want him” due to the extra hassles and security concerns of housing an inmate in a high-profile murder case. But the sheriff quickly added that his large, modern facility is well-suited to house Allen, and Schroder said he would accept the defendant if ordered to do so by the judge.
Schroder also said he would likely house Allen in an individual suicide-watch padded cell that is video monitored by jail staff."

If RA has been moved to Cass County jail, he's still in solitary confinement and under 24 hr video surveillance.That's reassuring that he'll make it to trial soon. That is if there's no more delay motions filed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734