Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m not going to jump to the conclusion that someone sent these photos other than Libby. While I don’t know much of anything about Snapchat other than it’s very different from sending a photograph to somebody and under certain circumstances the photo is deleted after viewing. During the trial I’d expect there will testimony regarding the dynamics of Snapchat. The source of the two photos has certainly been traced long ago, backtracking from the recipient who received them. JMO
I am no expert, but I recall back in 2017 Snapchat was different than it is today. If someone opened the Snapchat app and took a photo with the app (not on the camera on their phone) and posted it, then it wasn't stored on the phone. You wouldn't be able to go into your photos and see the photo you took later becuase it wasn't stored on the device. I am unsure if that is still how this works because I no longer use Snapchat.

My kids use Snapchat and every single time they snap someone they take a photo of themselves or something they are doing or looking at and then send that with the snap.. so I'd say nobody would have phone storage space if every single photo was stored on the phone. :D

IMO this could be why they couldn't find the photo on the phone.

Has it ever been said, anywhere linkable, that Abby also had a phone that day?
Good questions SSR, I don't think it has been stated in MSM, but I'm sure there are plenty of rumors on SM. I do find it odd that a young teen her age didn't have one, but perhaps her family couldn't afford a phone and a monthly plan.

Or maybe Abby's mother didn't think it was a good idea. IDK

MOO

I'm sure the judge was well aware of the size of the courthouse when she denied the change of venue motion. Regarding the "internet cranks" (what are those, anyway?), our Indiana trials are open to the public. IMO it's a good thing we can't restrict certain members of the public based on who we like and who we don't.

Bad behavior from anyone shouldn't be tolerated.

That can never be true, IMO, because they have not the same expertise that has taken years for him to develop. MO
The blood Spatter Expert also visited one specific area with a specific task.

The jurors would be visiting the entire scene (trail/parking lot of now-non-existent building, uncrossable but railed bridge etc) ... very different circustances than viewing a tree(s) that still happens to be standing etc.

Apples vs. Watermelons.

I'm sure the judge was well aware of the size of the courthouse when she denied the change of venue motion. Regarding the "internet cranks" (what are those, anyway?), our Indiana trials are open to the public. IMO it's a good thing we can't restrict certain members of the public based on who we like and who we don't.

Judge Gull's Order on Decorum also does no such thing as restricitng youtubers based on if they are liked or not.

They are all being treated the same and held to the same standard: You aren't family, you're not part of the D or P, and you are not media. You are social media influencers (ie: members of the public) so get in line with the rest of the public.

No certain members have been singled out for special treatment.

Well there was some pretty bad behavior going on, outside and inside the courthouse. It's all been talked about, I'm amased you missed it.

Judge Gull's Order on Decorum also does no such thing as restricitng youtubers based on if they are liked or not.

They are all being treated the same and held to the same standard: You aren't family, you're not part of the D or P, and you are not media. You are social media influencers (ie: members of the public) so get in line with the rest of the public.

No certain members have been singled out for special treatment.
Except weren't a couple of them banned from the courthouse?

Good questions SSR, I don't think it has been stated in MSM, but I'm sure there are plenty of rumors on SM. I do find it odd that a young teen her age didn't have one, but perhaps her family couldn't afford a phone and a monthly plan.

MOO

Anna mentioned in an interview once that Abby wasn't allowed to have a phone.

Allen is a common surname. Richard is a common name.
RICHARD MATTHEW ALLEN
Custody Record
Age52
GenderMale
RaceWhite
IN: Carroll County Sheriff's Office
ID Number228**
Custody Status In Custody
Custody Detail Carroll County Jail
Record Details

Get Notified
Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Sep **, ****
ID Number228**
Custody Status Date Oct 28, 2022 11:46 AM EDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Carroll County Jail
Book Date Oct 28, 2022 11:10 AM EDT
310 W Main Street
Delphi, IN 46923
(765) 564-2413
Reporting Agency
Carroll County Sheriff's Office
310 W Main Street
Delphi, IN 46923
(765) 564-2413

Related Records​

RICHARD MATTHEW ALLEN
Agency Cass County Sheriff's Office
ID Number288***
Custody Status In Custody

VINELink

ETA to find the right RA, one must look at his custody/book date

When I saw this, I did notice this "related" record ... which I took to reference an earlier record of jail residence. i.e. The newer record is related to the first record - same inmate.

That's why I thought this recent one must just be an error, rather than another R Matthew A, 52 yrs old born Sept.

both records are RMA, 52
both born Sept
And the booking dates match RA's movements between "jail" and "prison" and back to "jail".

JMHO

I have a couple questions for whomever might have an opinion on it. During ISP Harshman's testimony at the 3-day hearings, NMcL ask about one particular conversation between RA and his wife KA. It was said to have happened soon after his detention started in November 2022. RA told his wife that if his situation became too much for her to handle to let him know. He said he'd tell LE everything they wanted to know.

My first question is: How can that be anything LESS than RA saying, I did it and I will spill my guts, if you want/need me to?

My second question is for anyone who doesn't feel RA's guilt in those words is: Why would an innocent man ever say to his wife he'd be willing to falsely confess if his battle to state his complete innocence in court was too upsetting for her?

It makes no other sense, no matter how I look at it, except that RA is saying he's guilty. MO

Page 13 on the pdf of Harshman's testimony

Screenshot_20240930-205136_Hancom Office S Viewer.jpg

I have a couple questions for whomever might have an opinion on it. During ISP Harshman's testimony at the 3-day hearings, NMcL ask about one particular conversation between RA and his wife KA. It was said to have happened soon after his detention started in November 2022. RA told his wife that if his situation became too much for her to handle to let him know. He said he'd tell LE everything they wanted to know.

My first question is: How can that be anything LESS than RA saying, I did it and I will spill my guts, if you want/need me to?

My second question is for anyone who doesn't feel RA's guilt in those words is: Why would an innocent man ever say to his wife he'd be willing to falsely confess if his battle to state his complete innocence in court was too upsetting for her?

It makes no other sense, no matter how I look at it, except that RA is saying he's guilty. MO

View attachment 534515

I also take that as an admission of guilt.
What makes me curious to know is what was RA's wife's response to this?
It doesn't look good for her either imo.

MOO

Time stamp: 19:05

View attachment 534515

And since that was at the very beginning of his incarceration, I doubt it could be said that his prison conditions caused him to make this statement to his wife like people are saying about his later confessions. As well as the fact that he said he would be doing it for her benefit--not his.

View attachment 534515
He also did not write that he was innocent in the letter he sent asking for help with getting a public defender. Then later on when he met with his two attorneys, he told them he is innocent(according to what they told news crews who interviewed them).

I would have liked for someone to have proven that the person in Liberty German's phone video was 5'4" tall or shorter (since their head is looking down while they move forward). If one of the confessions is that Richard Allen said he is the person in Liberty German's phone video, then this case will probably end in a guilty verdict rather quickly.

I try to zoom in and look close up to see if I can see Richard Allen's face in Liberty German's phone video and sometimes I think I can. But then I wonder if I am projecting the image of him so that I think it could be him. I am not sure if I see Richard Allen's face in the video. The problem is the Monon High Bridge trail is a public area. It might be him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles
Back