• AB was oblivous until the morning of the fire

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Ab was not involved with Zahra's death but completely involved in disposal

Votes: 19 5.1%
  • AB was soley responsible for what happened to Zahra and her disposal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AB killed Zahra

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • AB was involved in the death and cover up of Zahra.

Votes: 71 18.9%
  • Adam and Elisa were both equally complicit

Votes: 94 25.1%
  • AB contributed to death by negligence; Involved in cover-up *except* for disposal

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • AB contributed to Zahra's death through negligence and was involved in the cover up and disposal

Votes: 138 36.8%
  • Leaning towards AB was in denial- but all depends on what was found in the house.

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • Other: Not sure how AB is involved. Can't condemn him for Zahra's demise, as yet...I need more infor

Votes: 35 9.3%
  • I think AB was involved and so was EB...

Votes: 12 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't referring to the number of clothes in the closet, just the fact that things belonging to Zahra were still in there after he and family had been inside the house. IMO, if he were totally innocent and facing eviction, he'd want to get all her things out of there as soon as possible. MOO

Ok, sorry. I did say I was not directing my comment to you specifically. I have seen comments regarding how few clothes she had and that was what I was commenting on.
I don't believe he was allowed in the house while the searches were being conducted, so this might have been his first opportunity. It's also possible LE told him not to remove anything of Zahra's, which is usually the way it's done. Were pictures taken of his and Elisa's closet? Perhaps their clothes were still there as well.
I don't know all the facts, so I can't assume he's guilty because of one picture. Could be a number of valid reasons why her clothes were still there.
I've moved a number of times in my life, and the clothes from the closet are usually the last things I take out of the house.

In the beginning I thought Adam Baker was only involved in the cover up. A couple of weeks ago I began to believe he actively contributed to her death. Now, I don't have any doubt. It's only my opinion but I firmly believed he helped to murder her.

I'm thinking the same thing. Besides the one photo provided by Emily of AB holding baby Zahra, has anyone seen any other photos of Zahra happily posing with her father in a photo? Sitting on his lap? Holding hands? Arms around him? ANYTHING?

I was talking to my mom. She didn't hear anything about Zahra. My mom is elderly. I mentioned AB being evicted and leaving clothes in the closet while other things were locked in a room not to be touched. She replied with this....Maybe he left them out so people could see she lived there, and that it was in fact her room. So some people could have comfort in seeing things that belonged to her.......I was just sharing my mom's thoughts. It was a different way of seeing things.

I was talking to my mom. She didn't hear anything about Zahra. My mom is elderly. I mentioned AB being evicted and leaving clothes in the closet while other things were locked in a room not to be touched. She replied with this....Maybe he left them out so people could see she lived there, and that it was in fact her room. So some people could have comfort in seeing things that belonged to her.......I was just sharing my mom's thoughts. It was a different way of seeing things.

Bless her heart she can't even comprehend the EVIL.

I'm worried because without a COD, these evil people could get off with lesser charges!

District Attorney Jay Gaither hasn't said if his office is preparing charges but has said he is consulting with the N.C. Attorney General's office and other prosecutors on the issue of prosecuting a murder if the victim's body isn't recovered.

"The absence of a body is not considered to be a bar to prosecution by my office," Gaither wrote recently in an e-mail

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ce-making-another-visit-to.html#ixzz14pCLgZQe

I was thinking of Zahra last night instead of sleeping. Wondering if LE will find her today. Then I thought about AB. His silence throughout these searches for his daughter is deafening. Now I'm worried somehow either AB or EB will get off on some lesser charges. Depending on the state of the remains (I hate that word!), it may be difficult to prove COD.

AB is soooooo guilty. He wouldn't even protect his daughter in death. I only wish AB & EB could suffer the same way Zahra did.

I am new to this site and would like to offer what I believe is a new perspective. It is my understanding that Adam Baker either was, or that he claimed to be, of Australian aboriginal descent. When I saw Zahra's photo with the caption referring to "dark child LOL", I interpreted the LOL to mean that she didn't really look aboriginal. It also explains why Zahra's clothes were left behind in the wardrobe after the eviction. During the mourning process, the deceased person's clothes are generally destroyed. They would certainly never be kept as a "keepsake". Death is often referred to as "sorry business" and use of somebody's name after they have died is generally forbidden. As far as mortuary rituals are concerned, this very much depends upon the particular aboriginal nation to which the person belonged. Burial in the ground was never an option. One way or another, the body was offered to the elements, knowing that the deceased is still part of the natural environment. In general, the flesh is dealt with first (sometimes it is even manually removed). A second disposal involves the bones. The body may be left on a platform or in a tree to decay. The bones can later be placed in a hollow log or wrapped in bark or hidden between rocks. Lyne River aborigines have a rather unique custom of dividing the bones into three separate bundles, which are then placed in three different locations. As it becomes apparent that Zhara's body was dismembered, perhaps there could be some truth in Elisa's statement that what Adam "did after the fact is kinda horrifying". Kind of horrifying to us Westerners, but perfectly natural perhaps for a grieving father of aboriginal descent who knew that he could never afford to return her body to her real "country" of birth - Wagga Wagga, Australia.

AB had to know what was going on period. He should be in jail period. It scares me to know someone with a cold heart such as AB can be walking around free. Who doesn’t check on their child when they are sick any parent would. Why is he not in jail?

I'm thinking the same thing. Besides the one photo provided by Emily of AB holding baby Zahra, has anyone seen any other photos of Zahra happily posing with her father in a photo? Sitting on his lap? Holding hands? Arms around him? ANYTHING?

No, not a one. I've seen pics of her posing and smiling with EB, EB's daughters, EB's ex, but not a single one of her smiling and posing with her Daddy.

Wonder why. :furious:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/10/new-area-caldwell-county-searched-ar-526368/

Snipped:

FBI and SBI investigators spent Tuesday reviewing case documents and interviews at the Hickory Police Department's command post in their continuing efforts to focus the investigation's efforts, Adkins said.

***Hoping this means they are dotting i's, crossing t's and putting enough together to get AB's azz in a jail cell!

The 10-year-old girl's father, Adam Baker, cooperated with police during the first few weeks of the investigation. On Oct. 25 he turned himself in at the Hickory Police Department and was arrested on charges unrelated to the disappearance of his daughter. The charges included five counts of worthless checks and failure to appear.

Two days later, he bonded out of jail.

Adkins said any communication between investigators and Baker is going through Baker's attorney, Mark Killian.

**** If I were an innocent father in this situation, and was told I cannot help search for my daughter, I think I would at the very least be calling LE about 100 times a day, asking for updates, not giving them my lawyers name for contact.

IMO

I am new to this site and would like to offer what I believe is a new perspective. It is my understanding that Adam Baker either was, or that he claimed to be, of Australian aboriginal descent. When I saw Zahra's photo with the caption referring to "dark child LOL", I interpreted the LOL to mean that she didn't really look aboriginal. It also explains why Zahra's clothes were left behind in the wardrobe after the eviction. During the mourning process, the deceased person's clothes are generally destroyed. They would certainly never be kept as a "keepsake". Death is often referred to as "sorry business" and use of somebody's name after they have died is generally forbidden. As far as mortuary rituals are concerned, this very much depends upon the particular aboriginal nation to which the person belonged. Burial in the ground was never an option. One way or another, the body was offered to the elements, knowing that the deceased is still part of the natural environment. In general, the flesh is dealt with first (sometimes it is even manually removed). A second disposal involves the bones. The body may be left on a platform or in a tree to decay. The bones can later be placed in a hollow log or wrapped in bark or hidden between rocks. Lyne River aborigines have a rather unique custom of dividing the bones into three separate bundles, which are then placed in three different locations. As it becomes apparent that Zhara's body was dismembered, perhaps there could be some truth in Elisa's statement that what Adam "did after the fact is kinda horrifying". Kind of horrifying to us Westerners, but perfectly natural perhaps for a grieving father of aboriginal descent who knew that he could never afford to return her body to her real "country" of birth - Wagga Wagga, Australia.

From previous location:

Even if Adam does have some minute drop of Aboriginal blood running through his veins, I hardly see him as anyone who maintained aboriginal traditions to this degree (or any degree actually). Look forward to him attempting to play this one in court however when he tries to explain the fact that he dismembered his precious daughter, not to avoid detection (oh no) but to practice his own cultural traditions.

Don't think the jury is going to buy that either.

This is fascinating. Thank you for sharing. Something to think about.

From previous location:

Even if Adam does have some minute drop of Aboriginal blood running through his veins, I hardly see him as anyone who maintained aboriginal traditions to this degree (or any degree actually). Look forward to him attempting to play this one in court however when he tries to explain the fact that he dismembered his precious daughter, not to avoid detection (oh no) but to practice his own cultural traditions.

Don't think the jury is going to buy that either.

Gosh, I just realized that maybe it will be used in court as an excuse. Hopefully, the DA will shoot it down by showing that AB most likely didn't follow any other aboriginal traditions until the moment he had to dispose of his child's body. How 'convenient'. Nope, that won't sit well with a jury.

There are no msn links to back this up, none. I think it does Zahra a terrible injustice to even make it worthy of being talked about. To try and say her father chopped her up because of religious beliefs........when there is NO PROOF he is of aboriginal descent reeks of something a desperate defense attorney would try. I am appalled.

I was tired of biting mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, I just realized that maybe it will be used in court as an excuse. Hopefully, the DA will shoot it down by showing that AB most likely didn't follow any other aboriginal traditions until the moment he had to dispose of his child's body. How 'convenient'. Nope, that won't sit well with a jury.

There are no msn links to back this up, none. I think it does Zahra a terrible injustice to even make it worthy of being talked about. To try and say her father chopped her up because of religious beliefs........when there is NO PROOF he is of aboriginal descent reeks of something a desperate defense attorney would try. I am appalled.

I was tired of biting mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like a theory the family / friends would try and float, rather than an actual attempt at defense in court....don't think it would make it that far do you? Oh yes, and my first step would be to look for past examples of Adam practising any indigenous cultural beliefs...I doubt any will be found.

Just a thought...even if he is not part aboringinal, it could be that he has been involved in the process ie a friend death in the past, thus having knowledge of (trying to phrase this right) or been an actual participant

mods i hope i phrased this right

Then why not just tell the police she had died, the 'traditional' cultural practice and request help in returning her body to AUS?
Why make a phone call to report her missing? Why the randsom note?
(shakes head)
Nope, makes no sense to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members