Africa - Seychelles Police Probe Deaths of Sisters Annie and Robin Korkki Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is really interesting to me. So odd. I did see a Daily Mail (I know!) article that said that they were last seen at 7:25pm on the 22nd, which is sort of off from the timeline initially reported, I believe. It also said their hotel room door was locked from the inside.

While some kind of drug/alcohol combination seems most likely, it will be interesting to see the toxicology reports. Certainly, drinking all day and combining that with some kind of drug, whether prescription or otherwise, could definitely be it, but the circumstances just seem unusual. I know the reports said prescription drugs were taken from the room, but when I've gone to various international destinations that are a bit off the grid, I've always taken a number of medications to have on hand, so that doesn't necessarily seem suspect to him. My last trip to China, I looked like a walking pharmacy with what I take regularly and what I was taking for "just in case." Drinking all day and stumbling back to your room or getting some assistance from hotel staff...again, not that unusual when on vacation. Presumably, they were hanging out at the resort, not driving or doing anything particularly hazardous, and wanted to get a bit wasted. They were together in a secure location where they probably felt pretty safe. I don't know, the whole thing just seems really strange, but perhaps it will turn out to be the rather mundane accidental drug overdose we see too often.

I also find it interesting the family went with cremation, flew all that way for a private memorial, and had such confidence in the local authorities. I guess I'm cynical.

EXCLUSIVE: Bob Marley is played and high fives exchanged during emotional beachfront memorial held by family of two sisters who died in mysterious circumstances in the The Seychelles

-Robin and Annie Korkki died in the same bed at their luxury tropical resort
-The Minnesota sisters suffered heart failure and a build up of lung fluid
-Staff at the $1,800 a night Maia Luxury Resort and Spa joined celebration
-Mother and bother sprinkled flower petals into the Indian Ocean
-The family are said to be happy with the results of the autopsy carried out
-All that is left is are the toxicology results - which could show drug use

The family of two sisters who died during a vacation in The Seychelles held an emotional celebration of their life at the luxury resort where they were found.

Guests at the $1800 night paradise island resort joined the mum and brother of Robin and Annie Korkki for the poignant candlelit ceremony.

The sister's mum Susan and brother Mike held hands as flower petals were sprinkled on the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean.

more here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...died-mysterious-circumstances-Seychelles.html

Maybe it's just me but high fives from the family and Bob Marley music seems off for the situation.

I do wonder if this was some kind of suicide pact. The family was just too agreeable to the coroner's findings and made a hasty decision to cremate the bodies. Of course that is just my opinion though.

Maybe it's just me but high fives from the family and Bob Marley music seems off for the situation.

I do wonder if this was some kind of suicide pact. The family was just too agreeable to the coroner's findings and made a hasty decision to cremate the bodies. Of course that is just my opinion though.

I don't find it weird. The family has accepted the sisters are dead and planned a funeral that comforted them as mourners and that honored their loved ones' personalities and zest for life.

Whether the women took drugs themselves or were slipped drugs, they are deceased and deserved a loving send-off. Not that it's any of my business whatsoever, but I don't get any strange vibes from the funeral arrangements at all.

(I don't think it was suicide but either an accidental OD on recreational or Rx drugs, or they were given drugs unbeknownst to them.)

jmopinion

Where I live gets a lot of really really rich Russians, too.

The scuttlebutt is that they have so much money because of criminal activity

I don't find it weird. The family has accepted the sisters are dead and planned a funeral that comforted them as mourners and that honored their loved ones' personalities and zest for life.

Whether the women took drugs themselves or were slipped drugs, they are deceased and deserved a loving send-off. Not that it's any of my business whatsoever, but I don't get any strange vibes from the funeral arrangements at all.

(I don't think it was suicide but either an accidental OD on recreational or Rx drugs, or they were given drugs unbeknownst to them.)

jmopinion

I assume the family received answers from the coroner and LE that satisfied their questions, hence the reason to celebrate the sisters' lives. I don't know that I could or would have done the same but that's just me.

Where I live gets a lot of really really rich Russians, too.

The scuttlebutt is that they have so much money because of criminal activity

Brings to mind the case of George Smith who went missing on his honeymoon from a RCC ship. IIRC foul play involving three Russian men was suspected. The FBI's Russian Maffia unit was brought in to investigate.

Mica, I'm so glad someone else mentioned a possible suicide pact. I was wondering the same thing. It's just so bizarre that both died the same day.

Mica, I'm so glad someone else mentioned a possible suicide pact. I was wondering the same thing. It's just so bizarre that both died the same day.

And died the same way. It would be very odd that both would drink so much they died of acute alcohol poisoning. Possibly one but not both. I assume they both died at approximately the same time? I have to speculate there was more than alcohol involved , jmo. But also am wondering about suicide. Why both of them though? Really strange.

I just think there might be more to this. My heart breaks for the family. Losing both the same day. I wonder if we'll ever hear what the results of the toxicology report are.

Their previous internet searches in weeks or days prior would clear this up in 2 seconds.

If this was suicide; Then I'm sure they brought the needed drug with them. And I'm sure they would have researched things before buying and traveling with it.

Jmo.

Their previous internet searches in weeks or days prior would clear this up in 2 seconds.

If this was suicide; Then I'm sure they brought the needed drug with them. And I'm sure they would have researched things before buying and traveling with it.

Jmo.

There would also likely be some information about who they'd recently contacted, where they stayed, where they toured, and where they went to eat and drink (or party).

Appreciate the insight, but what does this have to do with these two sisters? I'm all open. TIA

Maybe, someone mistook them as NOT sisters.....(ETA: just a thought)

:thinking:

of course that would rule out the russian mob.

ETA2: i'm open too :loveyou:

I was just reading some accounts of the Dutch couple, who died in their hotel room in the Dominican Republic last June. They had just eaten dinner in the hotel restaurant. In only one of the articles, did I read about the possibility of a poisonous fish. Other accounts said they picked something up during a day tour of a nearby island. My point is: these incidents are covered up by the tourism industry, as this could drastically hurt their business. This couple trusted a hotel in Punta Cana to serve them a safe meal, that's not too much to ask.

The Maia resort in the Seychelles has a lot to lose, if word gets out they served these women something toxic.

IMHO

Drink and heroin killed sailor in Seychelles - but was alcohol spiked?
August 8, 2015

...ROYAL Navy engineer Charlie Warrender, who was found dead while on active service in the Seychelles islands, had traces of heroin in his system, it has been confirmed.

But it is understood investigators are looking into the possibility that his drink may have been spiked as he and fellow crew members of HMS Richmond visited the island from their ship in May.

Read more at http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/d...7565176-detail/story.html#6EEDt5EDehVZiktP.99

------------------------------------------------

ETA:

WAS NAVY HERO MURDERED?
June 15, 2016

Snipped...
...Mrs Warrender said she had looked into six deaths on the Seychelles islands over a 17-month period, including the death of her son among other servicemen who died while visiting the islands.

Read more at: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12886...-else-while-on-shore-leave-in-the-seychelles/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy
Back