aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Dateline NBC video that was posted on the thread........Obsession: The Jodi Arias Story. I noticed something that I had not heard before. @20:11 is the following quote "That testimony heard by millions and the jury was stricken by the judge." Now the piece that was shown directly before that statement was of ALV on the witness stand talking about the "abuse" Jodi "suffered" at the hands of Travis. Was this public knowledge before this aired? I don't remember hearing about this before.

huh, that is strange. idk i never heard that during testimony either, i wonder if that was what was going on w/ ALV in chambers so many times or the question jaun wanted to ask ALV, when he kept asking the judge, but couldn't do it?? or maybe dateline was wrong and was referring to juans objections about her reading directly and the judge would say sustained and strike certain answers from the record??? maybe some one could email dateline and ask them?

Jumping in to give my two cents worth before going to feed the furkids. Whatever mitigating circumstances the defense team can come up with or manufacture, I would remind the jury that if true, she had those mitigating factors before committing this deplorable act against another human being. She didn't choose to use any of these to better herself or society, instead, she used what assets she had to manipulate society and still does to this day. Therefor any mitigating factors should fall on deaf ears. /end rant

It's all her mom's fault anyway, for not beating her more. :floorlaugh:

WONDER if Someone can get DONAVAN garbage stopped by reporting her to the PAROLE office

I would think so, if the rules of her parole bar her from associating with known felons, Jodi Ann Arias is just that now that the verdict has come down. Just because we dont know officially yet what her sentence is does not mean she is not officially a felon.

I've asked this before, but if this case gets to the next phase, what mitigating factors do you think the defense can use? The only one I can see is that she has no prior record. I honestly believe that is because she just never got caught. We know that she stole the gun from her grandparents. Did she steal the knife from one of the restaurants where she worked? Bobby, Darryl, and Travis would have never contacted the police if she stole anything from them. Here is the site for mitigating factors in Arizona. They're listed on the left.

http://www.azcourts.gov/ccsguide/MitigatingCircumstances.aspx

Well, so far as anyone knows, she never killed any of her old boyfriends, besides Travis. I suppose there's that.

She was kind enough to write Ryan Burns and tell him he was never in any danger from her.

She offered Deanna a freshly baked cookie once.

She might have tipped the Starbucks barristas although there was no testimony to that effect.

She did send Travis's grandma flowers, they could use that, couldn't they?

She smiled when Nurmi said he doesn't like her 9 out of 10 days, that's nice, right?

WONDER if Someone can get DONAVAN garbage stopped by reporting her to the PAROLE office

idk, i have wondered that mayself, but do we no for sure that donavan is on parole or has she been released yet?? also can a convicted felon in prison get visits from another convicted felon even if they aren't on parole?

I think, in her zest to make sure she will be the center of attention after the verdict, she does the interview. In addition to her continuation to trash Travis, she knows all the world will hear her say she wants the DP. I think most agree that was said for pure manipulation purposes. Oh poor thing, we can't possibly believe she really wants to die, so let's all just agree she needs to get LWOP. But apparently, Little Miss Einstein didn't realize that in the State of Arizona, if you want the DP, they will give you the DP, after a comp hearing. So what happens next - her DT file a motion to have the DP taken off the table. That's denied and lo and behold what happens next? She has a meltdown or whatever and where does she land - the psych ward!

She's just like Brer Rabbit- Please don't throw me in the briar patch!
I hope she's having a lovely weekend in Psych. She deserves it!

In jr. high school when there was a boy I liked and was afraid to approach, I would play that disinterested game when my friends would egg me on to go talk to him.

I insisted I wasn't interested, didn't care, blah blah blah so that if he blew me off, I could save face and say, "Whatever. I told you I didn't like him." :blushing: If he didn't blow me off, I could be outwardly nonchalant yet inwardly pleased as punch.

So it goes with Arias. She is terrified of the death penalty. It isn't what she wants but by insisting that it is the *only* thing she does want, if she gets the DP, she saves face. It's what she wanted. She doesn't appear even more defeated.

If she gets LWOP, she can forever play the victim and insist she really wanted the DP.

The rest of us outgrew those games.

bbm

Exactly, FarFarAway! The old, "I did it my way," routine!!

Or, she can simply murder another prisoner -- that carries a DP sentence in AZ -- it was in the instructions JSS read to the jury/courtroom.

If JA really, really wants to go to sleep forever, she'll know what to do.

And if she gets LWOP and is in Gen Pop, which she should be, she'll make enemies quickly enuff. She needs to start collecting those pencil stubs again. Put them somewhere the sun don't shine. Or maybe she could fashion a knife out of the lenses in her glasses. She knows all about shivs, ya know....

Donavan took a plea deal where she got probation and something else My senior Brain can't quite remember now!!

:seeya:

Have been too busy lately to do anything but catch clips on TV about the goings on in this case. Glad the jury voted M1.

The aggravation phase on Wednesday, is that a sure thing or is it subject to whatever act JA might be playing on Wednesday?

Well, so far as anyone knows, she never killed any of her old boyfriends, besides Travis. I suppose there's that.

She was kind enough to write Ryan Burns and tell him he was never in any danger from her.

She offered Deanna a freshly baked cookie once.

She might have tipped the Starbucks barristas although there was no testimony to that effect.

She did send Travis's grandma flowers, they could use that, couldn't they?

She smiled when Nurmi said he doesn't like her 9 out of 10 days, that's nice, right?

So funny...:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

When do the sidebar information come out? And the truth about what happened with ALV?

IIRC after the trial is completely over. I too am eager to learn about all the side bars, sealed hearings and ALV.

I just realized that her comment about death being the ultimate freedom also coincides with her "belief" that Travis is in a better place. I honestly think she believes that she did Travis a favor by killing him. Because of her he is in a better place.

Yes, there are things she said in her interrogations that also gave me that impression...

bbm

Exactly, FarFarAway! The old, "I did it my way," routine!!

Or, she can simply murder another prisoner -- that carries a DP sentence in AZ -- it was in the instructions JSS read to the jury/courtroom.

If JA really, really wants to go to sleep forever, she'll know what to do.

And if she gets LWOP and is in Gen Pop, which she should be, she'll make enemies quickly enuff. She needs to start collecting those pencil stubs again. Put them somewhere the sun don't shine. Or maybe she could fashion a knife out of the lenses in her glasses. She knows all about shivs, ya know....
You have a "point" about the pencil stubs...

I keep getting the feeling that if the guards were to pick Jodi up and shake her a little... All sorts of sundry articles from various orifices would fall out...KWIM?

It appears that the defense’s motion to have victim impact statements videotaped is not all that unusual and Juan has dealt with it before.

I was reading about Juan’s next case (the poor man gets no rest!) and came upon this gem. He’s prosecuting a man who murdered a young police officer by shooting him in the face. This article has a long list of the defense motions, among them,
“Hulsey's attorney also requested to videotape witnesses and the jury during victim impact statements. That motion was denied.”

They also wanted the death penalty taken off as being unconstitutional -- as if murder isn’t! I guess some motions are always made just as a matter of course except this one:

The really surprising and strange order by the judge was this one:
"that there shall be no mention of Hitler (or implication to that regime), no engagement of specific trial jurors, and no reference or implication to the religious affiliation of any counsel."

I got all this from http://www.glendalestar.com/news/headlinesarticle_10529292-65db-11e0-b8dc-001cc4c03286.html

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I found it very strange. Why would TA's Webmaster even give the Hughes TA's passcodes to his emails and Google chat? If I knew a person's passcode I would never give out to anyone who would ask. Why would the Webmaster even have the passcodes to TA's personal email/Google? I thought a Webmaster maintained a web site. Was the Webmaster with PPL? If so, why would TA use his PPL email acct for personal use?

Chris Hughes was the executor of Travis Will. Legally, I am quite certàin he had the authority to do this. He may have been looking for evidence for the detectives, on his own.

Travis was not even buried yet when CH looked at his emails. I don't know AZ law but when my uncle died, my cousin was the executor of his will and he still needed to meet with my uncle's attorney and they worked out the terms of the will and then distributed the money/property per the terms of my uncle's will. This was in California. I still do not get why being an executor of a will has anything to do with knowing the passwords of a living person.

Hey IHAVENOCLUE, would you loan me your handle until I catch up to speed on this case please? Might need it for a couple of weeks. TIA! :floorlaugh:

Thanks for all your replies. Think I'll follovv Karmady's example and do some Saturday chores. I've got to clean up my front and back gardens after a loooong vvinter. Yuck.

See you next VVednsday. (!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member