aggravated waiting for the Aggravation phase #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Jodi has a pathological desire to manage everyone's impressions about everything she feels she has a proprietary interest in, particularly, her image.

If Jodi is the way I think she is, she does her best to segregate each part of her life and never the twain shall meet. Everyone gets to see the Jodi she wants them to see and no one is allowed to get together with anyone else to compare notes because she can't keep all her lies straight and there are lies for each unique situation.

She absolutely abhors any hint from anyone that she might not be what she has put herself out there to be.

I think this more than anything is why she murdered Travis. He was getting the best of her more than anyone had ever done before. He was threatening to expose her to a large group of people. This deserves a death sentence as far as she's concerned.

She wouldn't allow her parents to stay with her for 10 years because they would "snoop." She HAD to strictly control the flow of information about her life.

So, to have to sit there and be completely exposed in court by the Alexander family is the worst thing she can imagine.

Excellent post!

I think it was a striking moment just because it's the only time I've ever seen her seem to have a genuine emotion.

Good point! The only other time I thought I caught one on the stand was when she said her mother carried a wooden spoon in her purse. Her voice cracked when she said it.

During the interview JA said that she and Nurmi had clashed a few times. That they got along fairly well in the early part of his representation of her. She also said that she had certain ideas etc but that Nurmi was 'the boss'. That's not how it works. She is the client and has the say so..... I wondered when she said it if that's just her current installment for the upcoming 'ineffective representation of counsel' claim for a new trial...

I think JA is going to need a bigger bus. You know she has a few more people to throw under it before she is silenced.

do you have a name to go with the photo??

BTW, I have to stop drooling over your food photos....we moved from Houston 5 years ago and haven't had any good Tex-Mex since we left, except for the tamales my BFF sends me for Christmas every year.

I can't remember the name...the pic was on the boards during the National Enquirer stuff though...

O/T the quesadilla is two flour tortillas filled with bananas, brown sugar, choc chips, cinnamon...cook in skillet in butter until browned, chips melted. Top with ice cream and caramel sauce.

I will keep looking for the name though!

Yes, Willmott's little hissy fit over a physical reflex single response really pisses me off. I believe that is the reason for the motion to reduce victim impact statements to videotape.... to prevent "outbursts" like she was forced to be subjected to. My god. Has she been taking vindictiveness lessons from CMJA?

IMO, Ms W exhibits many of the same narcissistic tendencies as her client.

No reason to orchestrate a TV interview with cryptic comments about the ultimate freedom.

Let us not forget we're discussing Vicky Victim.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

It's all about Arias, every second of every day. Pass on an opportunity to blame? And to express her disappointment in Juan, for whom she previously had so much respect? :rolleyes:

To let the world know that to listen to the Alexander impact statements would be tantamount to re-living the abuse she suffered with Travis?
Oh my goodness. It wouldn't have been a full and complete day if there had been no attempt to divert all of the attention back to herself.

Poor, persecuted, desolate Arias. :violin::violin::violin:

During the interview JA said that she and Nurmi had clashed a few times. That they got along fairly well in the early part of his representation of her. She also said that she had certain ideas etc but that Nurmi was 'the boss'. That's not how it works. She is the client and has the say so..... I wondered when she said it if that's just her current installment for the upcoming 'ineffective representation of counsel' claim for a new trial...

She probably did have ideas that he shot down. We know for sure her first lawyers had to beg her off the pedo letters. She probably wanted to photoshop bruises onto pictures of herself and he said no.

It looks like she's thinking, "Oh Nurmi, it's been such a wild ride hasn't it? you crazy thing, you, what a blast tho, right? Now come over here and lemme give you a noogie, you ole teddy bear!"
Do her teeth look different now? In old pix I always thought her teeth were attractive. It almost looks like the two front ones are new?? Maybe that fight with her cellmate was worse than we thought???

I might be alone in my opinion here. I don't think JA expected Sheriff Joe to call her bluff and throw her in the psych ward. In her mind, she is always one step ahead of everyone and thought by saying she wanted the DP, she was only speaking to the jury.

I hope they kept her in the padded cell until Wed.

This was the ultimate case of "Look What You All Made Me Do!". Her whole existence has nothing to do with her, just ask her.

She probably did have ideas that he shot down. We know for sure her first lawyers had to beg her off the pedo letters. She probably wanted to photoshop bruises onto pictures of herself and he said no.

You know that if Nurmi left something out, it wasn't good for Jodi. That guy stooped as low as you could get.

I just realized that her comment about death being the ultimate freedom also coincides with her "belief" that Travis is in a better place. I honestly think she believes that she did Travis a favor by killing him. Because of her he is in a better place.

That's possible, but I have another view after watching the Dateline story. At about 4:20 into the video it says the law of chastity's view on sex before marriage is that the "sinner risks eternity in he[[ if fails to repent". I couldn't come up with a logical explanation for the sexcapades that day, but it makes sense if she killed him after sex and allowed him long enough to know he was dying, perhaps he died believing he iwould not go to Heaven. By putting out all the salacious details, she believed she was also hurting his Mormon family/friends in the same way. I think she felt this was an ultimate punishment. Somehow, it seems even more vicious to use his religion against him before killing him. But..... the law just says it was a "risk"---not an absolute?

I hope this made sense.

JMHO

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 26m

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...ias-told-fox-10-she-has-no-mitigating-factors
Arias told Troy Hayden in the post-verdict interview that Kirk Nurmi told her she has no mitigating factors.

idk but to me it sure sounds like the whole nurmi doesn't like me thing might have been her idea imo

I imagine Jodi has given her attorneys some grief on numerous occasions prior to and all during trial. I would think it realistic for an attorney to become frustrated from time to time, to not like her for a day, or longer.

I believe Nurmi when he said he did not like her 9 days out of 10. I think he said that so the jury would see that even though he does not always have reason to like her, he can still defend her...that liking or disliking her as a person has nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

JMO. Also JMO is that her smile when he said that was genuine; I do not think she knew he was going to say that.

She regaled the jail with her singing...

Ya ... my hinky meter goes off a bit with regard to C&S Hughes. IMO they were waaaay too intrusive in Travis's life and also did some invading of privacy. Not that I'm protecting the murderer/stalker/felon ... but there is just something that doesn't quite sit right with me in the "Hughes" department. Anyway ... I could be way off ... but it's just a gut feeling....

I read somewhere here on WS, in an earlier post, that Chris Hughes was the executor of Travis' estate, and as such, he is empowered to know everything about Travis' accounts. :twocents:

I just hope she stops the games and actually appears on Wednesday. I won't be surprised if there's a delay but enough is enough. Let the Alexander family get through this point and let them grieve. She needs to stop stealing life from these people.

I can't remember the name...the pic was on the boards during the National Enquirer stuff though...

O/T the quesadilla is two flour tortillas filled with bananas, brown sugar, choc chips, cinnamon...cook in skillet in butter until browned, chips melted. Top with ice cream and caramel sauce.

I will keep looking for the name though!

Ooh, that sounds delish! I was looking for a great dessert to make for Mother's Day... I might try it!

In jr. high school when there was a boy I liked and was afraid to approach, I would play that disinterested game when my friends would egg me on to go talk to him.

I insisted I wasn't interested, didn't care, blah blah blah so that if he blew me off, I could save face and say, "Whatever. I told you I didn't like him." :blushing: If he didn't blow me off, I could be outwardly nonchalant yet inwardly pleased as punch.

So it goes with Arias. She is terrified of the death penalty. It isn't what she wants but by insisting that it is the *only* thing she does want, if she gets the DP, she saves face. It's what she wanted. She doesn't appear even more defeated.

If she gets LWOP, she can forever play the victim and insist she really wanted the DP.

The rest of us outgrew those games.

you're very astute. that's a very good explanation for why she did that. i hadn't even thought of it, but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV