Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, cricket, this is a great blog. I really appreciated the point of view that Troy really did the prosecution a favor by giving JA a 'softball' interview. She basically could have said anything at all, and she never expressed any remorse at all for anything, except a mention of her mother. Nothing about Travis or his family.

I also appreciated the explanation by the poster Nancy explaining what Travis probably went through -- in the sense that if this is explained to the jury, I think they will find the aggravating factors necessary to give her the maximum penalty.

I just read the blog and it was a great article on Mr. Juanderful! I am so happy he gets to go home at night to someone who loves him. I was amazed at his brilliance and the way he didn't have to keep referring to notes because it was all organized in his brain. I sure would never win an argument with him though. :)

They have a lifers row in Perryville?

I read that if sentenced to LWOP she would be in 23 hour isolation only during the adjustment phase and that they do that with everyone. I wonder if any Arizona attorneys are reading here, could you comment about this?

Pentobarbital is rarely used in humans as an anesthetic except in some experimental cases. There are sooooo many preferable anesthetic drugs to use instead.

When my daughter was having constant uncontrollable seizures after lack of oxygen to her brain for 3 minutes, the doctors put her in a medically induced pentobarbital coma for 5 days. The doctors explained to my husband and I that they were trying to make her brain activity basically "almost flatline" to give her brain a break from seizure activity and to hopefully stop the constant seizures.

It is my understanding that this is done frequently in cases like hers. We witnessed many children in the same situation as Emma being put in pentobarital medically induced comas for uncontrollable seizures.

The "waking up" part is the most agonizing to watch. I would not wish that on my worst enemy...

JA was brought to court in a special van from Lower Buckeye on Thursday. Then court was cancelled. Either the Sheriff's Office made a typo or someone is messing with press releases...things like that may seem insignificant but that bugs the heck out of me. The date is clearly wrong. WTH?

Beach Girl,
I bet it was a typo. They should make a correction.

That's my point exactly! If you read the Press Release from the Sheriff's Office it is dated May, 8, 2013! Who has it wrong?

BG, that's got to be an error by the Sheriff's Office. She was released yesterday. There was stuff in the news about her mom going to visit her at Lower Buckeye and found she wasn't there, but on her way back to Estrella.

VERY GOOD read on the emotional impact on the Jury deciding the Life or Death phase of the Wendy Andriano, 34, case that Juan Martinez successfully prosecuted for the State of Arizona in 2005. Andriano was eventually given the Death Penalty.

Deciding life, death takes toll on jurors
Jim Walsh
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 24, 2005 12:00 AM

http://www.nlada.org/DMS/Documents/1106668066.47/0124deathjurors24.html

IMO the DP is LWOP in isolation more or less. People die on death row from natural causes more often than they get killed by the state.

JA seems to think DP is getting off easy because she won't live a long life in prison. She is WRONG.

If she gets the DP, she will immediately waive all of her appeals because she wants her " freedom" sooner than later. Pffffffffft.

When my daughter was having constant uncontrollable seizures after lack of oxygen to her brain for 3 minutes, the doctors put her in a medically induced pentobarbital coma for 5 days. The doctors explained to my husband and I that they were trying to make her brain activity basically "almost flatline" to give her brain a break from seizure activity and to hopefully stop the constant seizures.

It is my understanding that this is done frequently in cases like hers. We witnessed many children in the same situation as Emma being put in pentobarital medically induced comas for uncontrollable seizures.

The "waking up" part is the most agonizing to watch. I would not wish that on my worst enemy...

((((((hugs))))))

That must have been unbearable. :( Nothing worse than your child being so sick.

I had cancer many, many years ago and would sometimes be in the room when a child was being given chemo. When I read about Rosemary Pierce's son, it takes me back to those days. We would all have gladly taken the chemo for the kid and we didn't even know him. I can't imagine what it's like when it's your own child.

When my daughter was having uncontrollable seizures after lack of oxygen to her brain for 3 minutes, the doctors put her in a medically induced pentobarbital coma for 5 days. The doctors explained to my husband and I that they were trying to make her brain activity basically "almost flatline" to give her brain a break from seizure activity and to hopefully stop the constant seizures.

Oh I am so sorry. I think I know how you likely felt. My own daughter had E-coli and almost died. She had a brain seizure and then her organs started shutting down. The doctors put her in a medically induced coma using several drugs. Coming out of it was extremely hard for her and hard for her to breathe. She was so frightened as she tried to wake and breathe. She was in the coma for almost two months. She also spent a few weeks coming back from all the drugs in her body. Very very difficult for all of us. But I am so glad she is back with us again. I hope your daughter never experiences that again.

Yipeeeeeeeeeee. Let's give that man a medal, or better yet one of TexMex's homemade meals!
O/T...I had a chance meeting with Sheriff Joe several years ago. I was in Phoenix visiting a friend. We were in a restaurant talking about what we were going to do and see. I made the remark how I would love to see the tent camp. My friend said we could 'drive out that way.' But she doubted we could really see anything. The conversation of course went to Sheriff Joe. I said I would love to meet him and shake his hand. I think he is awesome and does it his way. About 5 minutes later my friend suddenly looked at me, her eyes as big as saucers and her mouth was open. The next thing I knew someone tapped me on the shoulder, I turned and there was Sheriff Joe, with a half smile on his face.....I took on the same face as my friend had shown just seconds earlier....eyes wide, mouth open and frozen in place. He stuck his hand out and said Hi, I am Joe Arpaio. Welcome to Phoenix. I nearly passed out. I told him I was honored to meet him...he said , 'so I heard.' He told us to enjoy our visit and turned around and walked out of the restaurant. We never tried to find tent city! :floorlaugh:

Indy,
Just wanted to comment on your post. I moved here to southern Indiana thirteen years ago from East Texas, right on the Gulf Coast. All I miss is the great seafood. Don't miss the 90 plus year round heat and humidity that makes Indiana feel like a slight cool breeze! Love the hills here and the definite four seasons. Love being close to Louisville and all the things you can do here. I am sorry you don't like it. But I am guessing you are farther north than I am where the country's flat. But hey, you are so are close to the Great Lakes! Go enjoy it. I will always be proud of Texas, as far as it goes, but I don't miss one bit of it. I love being a Hoosier. Have you ever traveled to Canada. We are so so close. That is my dream destination.

Yes, we are further North, near the Kokomo area actually. Nothing around these parts as far as interesting things to do. We have 3 kids and my husbands works like 6-7 days a week so not much time or extra money for adventures. Our last 2 rugrats that are still at home only have a couple more years and they are both off to college, we already have one at IU and after they are gone we are buying a Sprinter Camper and heading out to the open road! We live out on a small farm in the country so I keep busy with a huge garden and small livestock I sell. My life will start the Second Chapter that includes all the travel I have ever wanted to so when all the kids are gone!

((((((hugs))))))

I had cancer many, many years ago and would sometimes be in the room when a child was being given chemo. When I read about Rosemary Pierce's son, it takes me back to those days. We would all have gladly taken the chemo for the kid and we didn't even know him. I can't imagine what it's like when it's your own child.

G&A mom, I cannot imagine what anyone going through chemo like. I am so sorry! I hope you will be cancer free from now on.

Heather and Curious, I am so sorry you had to endure that! I cannot imagine going through that. My kids are my heart and soul. Nothing hurts more than watching your child suffer. Hugs and prayers of gratitude that you all came through that :)

((((((hugs))))))

Your words made my day....I HAD cancer, many, many years ago :) Good for you, girl! And your compassionate words are wonderful :)

I'm going to email the Sheriff's Office. Stuff like this bugs the heck out of me. Details are important.

When I clicked on the link provided this was at the bottom. I didn't see May 8th??

chriswnews Chris Williams 16h
#JodiArias off suicide watch. Just for this from MCSO. #Arias back @ Estrella Jail pic.twitter.com/MQC9hcZNuc

Yes, we are further North, near the Kokomo area actually. Nothing around these parts as far as interesting things to do. We have 3 kids and my husbands works like 6-7 days a week so not much time or extra money for adventures. Our last 2 rugrats that are still at home only have a couple more years and they are both off to college, we already have one at IU and after they are gone we are buying a Sprinter Camper and heading out to the open road! We live out on a small farm in the country so I keep busy with a huge garden and small livestock I sell. My life will start the Second Chapter that includes all the travel I have ever wanted to so when all the kids are gone!

Hi Indy,
I'm in Tipton, sadly thinking of selling our house in the country because of the Industrial Wind Turbines.

Oh I hope you get to travel. It is so hard when you feel so alone raising children and isolated like you are. I went to Indianapolis once and couldn't believe how flat the country was compared to the land here. East Texas was very flat too. But there is something out there for everyone so I hope you get to experience all of it.

I had to laugh when you said "rug rats". We also used the term "yard apes" among others, when I was growing up. :). Gave me a good laugh remembering all that.

Oh I am so sorry. I think I know how you likely felt. My own daughter had E-coli and almost died. She had a brain seizure and then her organs started shutting down. The doctors put her in a medically induced coma using several drugs. Coming out of it was extremely hard for her and hard for her to breathe. She was so frightened as she tried to wake and breathe. She was in the coma for almost two months. She also spent a few weeks coming back from all the drugs in her body. Very very difficult for all of us. But I am so glad she is back with us again. I hope your daughter never experiences that again.

I am so glad that your daughter is doing well! Sadly, Emma passed away two years ago at 9 years old. She lived a very happy life, despite all the things that were happening to her little body.

I read about Rosemary's son, and it brings tears to my eyes. I remember those days of living in the hospital... I cant bring myself to post to her because I just don't have the words that adequately express my mama's heart..

This was May 8th. Was she returned on Thursday, the 9th when court was cancelled?????

the link I clicked on posted here had this posted on the bottom .....

chriswnews Chris Williams 16h
#JodiArias off suicide watch. Just for this from MCSO. #Arias back @ Estrella Jail pic.twitter.com/MQC9hcZNuc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic