Aggravation phase #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a sec... No "Son of Sam" law in AZ? Is that correct?

And Jodi's mom flying home. I guess she has officially given up and will not speak for her daughter.

How sad, Jodi has ruined so many lives.

Well maybe she just won't be there die the aggravation phase?? And will be back for the mitigation portion??

Previously she has not reacted well or in the best interests to her daughter when gruesome pictures are being shown of Travis and his family is crying and distraught. She has been seen snickering and rolling her eyes when TA's sisters have run out of Court when they saw a picture of Travis they were not prepared for. So it's possible her DT told her it might be better for Jodi if she wasn't in Court during this phase. But I'm just guessing.

I would however be SHOCKED if she didn't testify for her daughter in the mitigation phase. And frankly as a Mother she should. I don't care what Jodi did she is still her daughter and should support Jodi. But having said that it does not mean I don't think Jodi deserves the ultimate sentence it just means I think Sandy should at the least support her daughter until the bitter end of this process.

Reading the law on the books it seems the State has a very clear case for proving its basis for seeking the death penalty. I can't see the jury reaching any other conclusion, based on the law alone.

Arizona Capital Sentencing Guide

Totally agree, Kate. My decoder ring tells me that he has already proved this in his case in chief -- it is simply a matter of formality, in my view.

BBM~ Yes, she is rehearsing in her head.

I'm convinced what JA is doing right now is preparing to make her statement to the jury for the mitigation phase, and I'm equally sure she wants to use that opportunity to vilify Travis one last time.

I don't know what is within the judge's discretion during mitigation statements, but I sure do hope the judge can and will make JA STFU if she tries to abuse Travis, his family and the Court one more time.

Reading the law on the books it seems the State has a very clear case for proving its basis for seeking the death penalty. I can't see the jury reaching any other conclusion, based on the law alone.

The elements of her murderous behavior clearly line up with the definition of "cruelty" here.

In order for them to NOT go with the DP, they would have to step out of the box and find something in mitigation that outweighs it.

They won't find it.

I believe there is. Only based on an attorney I heard last night. They were talking about the civil trial, and said even though there is a Son of Sam Law in Arizona the suit will ensure that Travis' family gets any money that she earns. Including any donations!

Speaking of donations...I heard on the news that a man from NJ came to AZ in March and made a deposit to her acct of $200 and then a couple days later $800. WTH

Yes, you are right. :seeya:

The Son of Sam Law in Arizona does exist, but it's never been tested. So, it's very smart of the family to go ahead and file the Civil Suit to cover all bases.

Absolutely, the civil suit was very wise.

She shouldn't make a red cent off of ANYTHING!

:maddening:

As to physical pain, the victim does not need to be conscious for “each and every wound” inflicted for cruelty to apply.

This will be tough but knowing that Jodi is convicted with M1 hopefully will make it easier.

Hope you get a seat! :seeya:

I will be back in court this afternoon (I have to thank the Judge for accomodating my work schedule ;) ) watching this jury bring it all the way home. Death Row is waiting for Jodi Arias. Today will be rough for the family, especially so.

Cruelty as an aggravating factor is all about the suffering of the victim. Sigh...

Not sure if there will be a seat for me but I will be there.

I read that on the last thread...did it actually happen? Yes, pictures please...

Wow - I'm not sure I buy it, but if Grandma really did give the finger I have to say that is some rough family. I can state that I am 99.9% sure my mother has never flipped anyone off in her entire life!

I am so confused. I've seen posts that say that the average stay on Death Row for a death penalty convicted felon is 12 years.... But I also read and heard that the last execution was in 1930... was the last FEMALE executed or the last PERSON. If it's the last PERSON the math doesn't work....Guess I better get to Googlin'.....

Is there any video of Juans reaction as the verdict was being read? I have yet to see anything. If anyone has the video of his reaction and can post, I would appreciate it.
I bet Mr. Martinez had on his "superman" undershirt under his dress shirt! haha

It's apparent from the post verdict interview, she is still in control of The Jodi Show. Defense team be damned. As long as she has the ability to speak in public she will continue to spew her lies. Please give her the DP so she will be silenced

Oh, I guess aggravation and mitigation are all part of the penalty phase?

they are..agg goes first then mig..

I thought you said her mother left untill the PP started
and I thought the PP started today.

Misunderstood-sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics