Aggravation phase #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off today, thank goodness. There is a question I've be pondering since I woke up. Should I go to the supermarket or stay here on the couch and read/post on WS until court time? Hmmmmm What do you think folks?

Although Jodi trashed Travis in court, she still said she loved Travis, he was beautiful inside and out, etc. Now after the verdict she can't even bear to look at his family because they look like her family? Nothing about her should surprise me but it still does.

I predict Jodi will come out some time in the future with a different story about the killing. She can't stay away from the attention. Mark my words.

Hope JSS squashes that request like a bug.

The convict is one of the most hateful, vile people I have ever observed and she doesn't skip a beat in terms of trying to inflict more pain on his family.

What does this mean? The video request?

Did I hear right? Did she accuse her attorneys of being inept by withholding evidence. And not doing things her way? Not verbatim but the newest video of her interviews infers so?

Katie! Link please? I didn't know this? :scared:

Off today, thank goodness. There is a question I've be pondering since I woke up. Should I go to the supermarket or stay here on the couch and read/post on WS until court time? Hmmmmm What do you think folks?

I went to Costco yesterday and got the txt that the verdict was coming in. So try it and see what happens lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

So, let me understand this, today at 1pm Mr Martinez puts for the "cruel" case, if it was depraved, cruel. The Jury then deliberates that issue only. (No Jodi show today)

Then 4 to 6 weeks after their verdict on Cruel/Depraved yes or no, the Sentence is handed down by the Judge?

Prior to the Sentence on the day (or day before) we hear Victim Impact statements and yes, even Jodi making a plea for her life to the court/jury/judge?

That part is where I am confused. The Jury of 12 unanimously (i love saying that) found her Guilty as charged, Murder in the 1st degree with premeditation which brings a Death Sentence or LWOP.

So the Jury is saying to her, all 12 of us agree that you are a Stalker, you carefully planned this Murder of Travis down to stealing a gun from your own home, traveling and leaving an "obvious" paper trail and phone message/call trail through CA, UT, NV & back to CA and mysteriously god darn it, you went totally Stealth through AZ right where that man was killed. Not a trace, not 1 burger bought, not a bottle of water, not a gallon of gas and lo and behold not one cell phone ping...goodness me.

So she will get up and say "Hi, my name is Jodi Ann Arias and I am the victim of Domestic Violence from my fiancee that lived 1350 miles away who almost killed me 3 times and bent my finger and called me a few names when all I did was break into his bank account, MySpace, Doggie door, Facebook, Gmail, Hotmail, Bedroom Closet, Peeked in his windows, and I violated his Christmas Tree. Gosh...he is so sensitive.

Ok good people of the Jury, go vote for me for most Beautiful Inmate in Maricopa! Ok wait? Is that why we are here? What's this for again? American Jail Idol? Miss Estrella Jail 2013? Crap, my fog is in...
If the jury finds that the State's met its burden for proving the aggravating factor, we move into the penalty phase. It's a mini-trial to determine life or death. Both sides will put forth their cases for/against death. The jury will deliberate and if they don't reach a unanimous verdict for death, the judge will sentence her to life, with or without parole eligibility.

Something to keep our interest up (as if we needed it):

http://wildabouttrial.com/legal_commentary/jodi-arias-hell-hath-no-fury-commentary/

"One interesting thing about both of these upcoming mini-trials is that the rules of evidence are relaxed, so we will probably hear a lot of new information that could not be brought out during the main trial because it’s evidentiary value was in question. Expect even more scandal, as the door has been opened for hearsay testimony."

Awesome!!! Now the jurors will be able to start putting 2 and 2 together and realize what all the behind the scenes hearings were about -- they were closed off from quite a bit but still managed to convict her!! They can pat themselves on the back for doing the right thing without even knowing how much more there is to all of this and ALL OF IT in TA's favor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Jodi gets LWP or LWOP rather than DP, then Judge Steven's sentences her, right? That's when you often get to hear what a judge really thought of a defendant, oh it would be so satisfying.

Death penalty is decided by the jury but maybe the judge hands down the actual sentence and she could say something to Jodi then????

I'd love to see the judge rip Jodi for her post-death abuse of Travis.

I was watching the local pre-verdict frenzy of coverage where they were reporting on this case from the beginning, and an interesting clip had JA appearing before judge stephens right after judge duncan quit the case, asking to represent herself (as a stall tactic of course) and stephens said, "....they have spent a great deal of time preparing your case and now you are asking to represent yourself?" and JA said, "Yes." The judge sounded perturbed.

I don't think this judge has the slightest bit of care or sympathy for JA but despite the criticisms of her on this forum and others, I think she is a straight shooter and would sentence her based on the law, and not let her personal feelings enter into her judgement.

Drat.

Oh yeah, another lie from the clips of her interview shown.

She claims that she was NOT trying to start a new relationship with Bryan Burns when she went to Utah to see him. So why did she testify that she WAS, and that was proof that she had moved on from Travis?

BTW, I just LOVE that BB said in his brief interview that the jury was RIGHT!

I've never seen a judge deny victim impact statements ... Video... Please...eyeroll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Costco yesterday and got the txt that the verdict was coming in. So try it and see what happens lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I hope you bought some water while you were there.

At what point are we going to stop having "trial moments" everywhere we go?!

Thanks Everyone LOL! Yesterday the last thing the judge said was 9am tomorrow morning...Gah!

I'm really quite upset that anyone was allowed to Give JA a microphone to spout her views or her caca. It's very upsetting, and I dont think she should have been allowed to give any interview. I think that the Dept failed there....which dept I'm not sure! I hope that Juan USES her statements in his Death Penalty Phase. JA sickens me.

You know what, I just thought if Juan uses the video of her interview yesterday in court, what is she going to say then to get out of it?? For example, for the 48 hrs inteview (or was in Inside Edition?), she basically said she was pressured to do it by the jail guards or something like that. For the Inside Edition and "no jury will ever convict me", she said the guards were standing behind her and so she couldn't say she was thinking about suicide or they would have put her on suicide watch. Well, what is she going to say now?? This was ALL HER IDEA. I don't see how she can blame this interview on anyone else. She obviously has counsel, the jury has seen them for 4 months, so it's obvious this was all her planning and her idea.
JUST LIKE THE INSIDE EDITION/48 HRS INTERVIEWS. She was trying to act all innocent and like she didn't know she should have kept her mouth shut, WELL WHAT"S YOUR EXCUSE THIS TIME JODI??

Dear Ashley Whoever You Are on HLN,
You were just yammering about how helpful it will be to CKJA during the penalty phase that the older men on the jurymight have daughters and they will see her as a daughter.

Well, Ashley, I have a daughter.
I have a daughter who went out on a date a few weeks ago with a guy who had been asking her out for weeks.
As soon as my daughter got home from the date, her cell phone rang.
The caller identified herself as the guy's girlfriend, and said that my daughter needed to butt out so they could work on their relationship. She also described the date my daughter had been on accurately enough that it was obvious that they had been stalked on the date. She the called my daughter - who hadn't even let the guy kiss her - a *advertiser censored*.

If my husband was on the jury, he wouldn't be seeing CKJA as a daughter. He'd see her as the type of jealous stalker who harrassed his daughter.

Did I hear right? Did she accuse her attorneys of being inept by withholding evidence. And not doing things her way? Not verbatim but the newest video of her interviews infers so?

Oh please, this has been the Jodi show since day 1. We all know darn well that the attorneys didn't do anything that Jodi didn't tell them to do!

can you imagine? Hi, this convicted felon (Donovan) will attest to my remarkable character...:floorlaugh::facepalm:

Didn't Donovan light a building on fire or something? Wasn't she convicted of arson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamapple