Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this the statute of limitations has NOT run out.
http://www.arizonagetwellattorney.com/statutes-of-limitations/

Civil Action Arising from Criminal Conduct:

If the defendant is charged by a criminal complaint or indictment, then regardless of whether the defendant is convicted of criminal conduct against the victim, the limitations period for any cause of action brought by the victim against the defendant for criminal conduct is extended for one year from the final disposition of the criminal proceedings. This only applies against the defendant and defendant's personal assets. However, insurers have no duty to defend or indemnify under this statute, unless the action is filed within the otherwise applicable limitations period. Also, this statute doesn't apply to employers or former employers. ARS 12-511.

I dont think you can file a wrongful death suit until after trial.

BBM

The bold section is so weird. There is no insurer on earth who wouldn't issue a reservation of rights letter followed by a full declination of coverage. A first degree conviction = intentional act.

This is specifically excluded in every policy.

I *SO* agree. I see the conversation going like this:

JA - Travis YELLED at me.
nurmi - is that all?
JA - no, he wrote mean things to me
nurmi - go on
JA - ummm, did he slap me?
nurmi - getting closer
JA - ummmm he did. HE HIT ME!!
nurmi - how many times
JA- ummm, three?
nurmi - you sure that's all? How hard? Did you ever pass put?
JA - OOOOOH - yes, yes, yes!! Good one.
nurmi - now my favorite subject. How many times did Travis FORCE you to have kinky sex?
JA - ummmm You mean WHAT did I teach him, or do you mean WHEN I taught him?
nurmi - No, no. The FORCE thing. the TRAVIS FORCE thing - you get what I'm saying??
JA - Ooooooooh. I see. Ya - lots!

It took him another three hours to help her "remember the pedo thing", and I'll be darned if she still didn't mess that one up. Not the computer!! It was the chatioc pattern of paper falling - doncha know?

nurmi - I don't think the name calling alone is going to do it. Let's add some battered women abuse, and just to be safe, we'll add the pedo. How's that sound Jodi?

You so nailed it.

To whoever posted it recently in this thread: Jodi Arias is NO teenager!
--------------------

Dr. Drew is certainly not dumb. He knows about dealing with manipulative patients much better than we do. He's been dealing with drug addicts and alcohol abusers for many years, and they don't come much more manipulative that these folks. He also is likely well acquainted with the manipulation of BPD patients.

LISTEN to what he is saying. TODAY (or last evening after her mother left) may have been the day that Jodi had a melt-down. Due to being unable to get her own way any longer. Like she melted down and killed Travis.

We don't know what happened AFTER the mother left last night. We heard there were some raised voices prior to the TV interview, right? Someone telling Jodi she could not do the interview?

How do we know what happened at the regular jail after Jodi's mother left last night? What Dr. Drew was saying is there may have been some outburst, SOMETHING that happened to qualify Jodi to be transferred to a psych unit

And now that she's there, guess what? Nope, mama cannot visit. Likely no one but her attorneys can visit right now. And I wonder how quick they're going to be to come in for a visit?
------------------

JVM and NG: I think both of them get on our nerves at times. Nancy bothers me when she gets mean, rude and dismissive with guests. And yes, I was surprised to hear Jean Casarez stand up to her tonight. Perhaps Jean has been reading here?

JVM - Actually, I basically like her and think she is really a nice person at heart. She does get hyperexcited and screechy at times, as we all know. But, hey, she's out there, chasing them down. For us.

The history of alcoholism and the dead fiancee don't bother me - any more. It is just their schtick. It seems every TV host needs one.

Would I like to see Beth Karas have her own show? Absolutely! But maybe she is not flashy enough or controversial enough?

She's honest, and measured, and trustworthy, which I admire.

OT :)

I have 2 beautiful chihuahuas and they are NOT yappy. They are sweet, loving, loyal & intelligent pets. I adore them. I love all dogs & all animals.
Originally Posted by prima.facie
I watched her for the first time today. yeah, shock I know.
to me, she appears as a hyped up chiguagua. I cant stand little yappy dogs....I have a big *advertiser censored* german shepherd no offense to those who like those dogs, but that is exactly how JVM appears to me.

:D I have a chi mutt who totally keeps my big, tough guard dog under his paw, trembling. It's hilarious! He reminds me of Juan :ROFL: Both my big guy and little guy are great and loyal and my bestest buds :)

WOW...just WOW....did someone get upset and have a hissy fit? With the Arias family comment "I hope the jury did not see that" or words close to that...that statement leaves one to wonder.

It was reported FJA was in the building. It was reported there were several sheriff officers plus called to the jury room.

Thanks for posting the clip. :scared:

Plus an ambulance but JVM said it was for something else...but I bet it was for her

Jodi was never in the courtroom today was she?

At first yes, she was said to be in the Judges Chambers with the Judge, alone? Just the Judge and Jodi they said. No family members or Attorney's. (maybe court reporter, but that meeting is under seal)

My guess is the Judge was doing a one on one, Jodi may have been wanting to skip right to getting a Death Sentence. This also avoids the Impact statements and facing the Jury and Travis' family.

Or she melted down, jumped the table, did a head stand, they tackled her and everyone ran.

Maybe the videos of yesterday were discussed and the family was hoping the jury didn't see those?

I really think this is all it was. They were probably just referring to them seeing the interview.

The appeal is automatic, regardless of whether or not she wants it. If no arguments are made, the AZ Supreme Court will still review every bit of the record to make sure there was no fundamental error.

Or, having been an AZ Supreme Court clerk after law school, let me clarify that the CLERKS will review every bit of the record...not the judges personally. ;) We really did take that job seriously, though.

If no errors were made in JA's trial, and no cause for an appeal, would this be the end of her possibly ever getting a new trial?

Thought I’d put together a ‘feel better’ post about the vile JA and her unrepentant interviews. Just to confirm, her snotty mouth earned her suicide protocol. She’s now silent until she’s off “suicide protocol.”

http://www.fox19.com/story/22200427/mcso-arias-placed-on-suicide-watch
Arias did an interview with KSAZ-TV following Wednesday's verdict and, according to MCSO, "in light of some of her statements during the interview, Arias was brought to jail and per Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, was placed on suicide protocol."
MCSO said until she is taken off suicide watch, she will not be allowed to give any interviews.

So … In addition to the yoga mat dresses, thought you all might enjoy this description of Suicide Watch from Wikipedia:

Suicide watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“Inmates are often placed naked in suicide cells, which are usually bare concrete, often without bedding (to prevent hanging by using bed sheets), and under frequent or continuous observation by guards. Unsanitary conditions are also common since toilet paper, underwear, and tampons (all potential means of choking) are restricted.”

And here’s the reality, from Maricopa County:

http://www.mcso.org/JailInformation/CustodySupport/Default.aspx?t=AncillaryServices
The Medical Services Section is located at the Lower Buckeye Jail, and is licensed by the State of Arizona. It is comprised of (MY NOTE: ARGH! “IT COMPRISES,” DARN IT!!!) a 60 bed inmate infirmary, a fully staffed Medical Clinic, and a 268 bed Psychiatric Unit.

http://www.mcso.org/JailInformation/LowerBuckeye.aspx
The Lower Buckeye Jail was opened in April 2005 and is the largest detention facility in Arizona. Its design is based on Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s “no frills” philosophy, and provides safety and security for staff and inmates.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/A+Rx+...lities+into+a+detention+facility.-a0221023127
Three of the psychiatric housing units treat adult males, two are for the treatment of adult females and one is for juveniles…..

… Beds are 19 inches from the floor, so if an inmate has a seizure or an allergic reaction to medication, he or she will not fall far. Beds are made of concrete, with solid platforms to the floor to reduce the number of injuries and to prevent inmates from hiding or becoming stuck beneath the beds…

Each room/cell was designed for specific types of behavioral and psychological problems. Suicide prevention observation cells have showers inside, and the majority of the cells are single-occupancy. Double-occupancy cells were designed so a nonsuicidal inmate can help watch an inmate who may be suicidal. To aid in suicide prevention, there are no columns to block staff visibility. Also, there are cameras in each of the rooms, and three officers in each house monitor activity in the cells.

Hope this info makes y’all feel better.

I wouldn't mind waiting a couple of weeks for the aggravation phase if it wasn't for the pain this is causing the Alexander family. Jodi is exactly where she needs to be...real close to hell.

At first yes, she was said to be in the Judges Chambers with the Judge, alone? Just the Judge and Jodi they said. No family members or Attorney's. (maybe court reporter, but that meeting is under seal)

My guess is the Judge was doing a one on one, Jodi may have been wanting to skip right to getting a Death Sentence. This also avoids the Impact statements and facing the Jury and Travis' family.

Or she melted down, jumped the table, did a head stand, they tackled her and everyone ran.

Oh don't ... :floorlaugh:

Now I've got visions of JA attacking the judge .. surely they'd have the guard with his finger on the stun belt button wherever she goes, I hope so anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV