Aggravation phase #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a story to tell about a patient who was on suicide watch. This was when I was a Student Nurse serving a clinical rotation in a forensic psych ward. Which is a locked ward within a locked ward within a psychiatric hospital. The patients are mentally ill folks who have committed a crime of some kind. The goal was to get them stabilized on medications and then release them to jail.

Patient begins raving. Four huge orderlies "assist" him to the "rubber room". Student nurse sits on chair outside the locked door to the room peering in at the patient. Student would watch for 30 minutes, then another student takes over. This goes on all day. Constant one-on-one human surveillance.

During my 30 minute watch period the patient squatted, pooped, and then came over to the door with feces in his hand and smeared it back and forth over the window glass! I yelled for my Supervising nurse. She said "Oh, yeah, they do this all the time. So we can't see them. I'll call for the orderlies."

So, this is the kind of place where Ms. Arias now finds herself. And she thought she was SO smart......

i have a story to tell about a patient who was on suicide watch. This was when i was a student nurse serving a clinical rotation in a forensic psych ward. Which is a locked ward within a locked ward within a psychiatric hospital. The patients are mentally ill folks who have committed a crime of some kind. The goal was to get them stabilized on medications and then release them to jail.

Patient begins raving. Four huge orderlies "assist" him to the "rubber room". Student nurse sits on chair outside the locked door to the room peering in at the patient. Student would watch for 30 minutes, then another student takes over. This goes on all day. Constant one-on-one human surveillance.

During my 30 minute watch period the patient squatted, pooped, and then came over to the door with feces in his hand and smeared it back and forth over the window glass! I yelled for my supervising nurse. She said "oh, yeah, they do this all the time. So we can't see them. I'll call for the orderlies."

so, this is the kind of place where ms. Arias now finds herself. And she thought she was so smart......

i really like it.

12 News - Stacey ‏@Stacey12News 6m
Check out the mug shot: This is the supsect arrested by @RealSheriffJoe for threats to bomb #JodiArias courtroom http://twitpic.com/cpgm3o

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ias-sentencing-update-court-canceled-thursday

SNIPPED

Court officials said by email that Thursday's court proceedings have been sealed.
Court documents obtained by ABC15 read in part, "Ms. Arias requests that any and all victim impact evidence be presented via videotape so as to prevent any unpredictable outbursts that interfere with the rights due Ms. Arias..."

EVIL PURE EVIL..she has been convicted of 1st degree MURDER. Screw her rights

This shall be DENIED. I mean really .. give them a chance to speak directly to her.

She is completely full of ****.
I'm surprised we never heard histrionic personality disorder from any of the shrinks...

Provocative (or seductive) behavior
Relationships are considered more intimate than they actually are
Attention-seeking
Influenced easily
Speech (style) wants to impress; lacks detail
Emotional lability; shallowness
Make-up; physical appearance is used to draw attention to self
Exaggerated emotions; theatrical

I totally agree. I feel all her moves are calculated. So was her crime. Thanks for the list.

Isn't this a problem that will just fix itself? Why are they watching her on suicide watch if she's going to get the death penalty? Leave her be.

THE ONLY reason she's suicidal is because she didn't get away with it. NOT because she has finally found remorse.

Sadly...the way the system works here--if JA was to actually commit suicide, *somebody* would cry "foul!", and there would be 10 more years of hearings, appeals, blah blah blah .....even after she was dead!!

its people like her who take advantage of the system... moo. :)

Just typed this and lost it...grrrr

If she is trying to waive her right to mitigation, it is because she's having a crisis of control. The M1 conviction was a big fat slap and she's reading the tea leaves, she's going to death row.

So she's thinking, "If I'm going I'm going to do it on my terms. If it's my choice they don't get the satisfaction of sending me."

My guess is that they'll do their evals, find her competent, her attorneys will work on her, trying to convince her she has a shot at 25 years with parole. She'll believe them once the sting of conviction wears off because she can't imagine she didn't snow the jury at least a little bit, and this time next week we'll be moving into mitigation.

I don't think it's a typical pysch eval...that wouldn't take 6 days, bc I'm sure it could be completed in a day or less, and I would assume it could also be done over the weekend. Therefore, no reason court couldn't resume on Monday.

I think she either had full-blown melt down, or the DT is trying to get off the case, pleading they can no longer control their client.

If for some reason the issue of the VIS was addressed today, I can't imagine that in any way shape or form that the judge would grant such a motion.

So an attorney on HLN saying probably seeing if the convicted murderer is "competent".

Now she's gonna play the "crazy" card. Evaluate her competency...

I am SO SICK OF HER :stormingmad:

Hey! We don't need HLN attorneys! Websleuths attorneys already called that long ago!!

Well said. Does anyone know if it's possible because of the JA's interview last night to call a mis-trial (or whatever the terminology would be) for this phase of the trial?

No.

Based on the activity at the courthouse I am beginning to think that JA may have waived mitigation and accepted the DP. I can't see it happening with her...but perhaps?

That is really not possible. If she started saying she wanted to waive the aggravation/mitigation phase, she would be evaluated for competency and I frankly don't know if she is able to waive such a phase. At least not aggravation. I don't think you can have the death penalty at all without the state proving the aggravating factors, even if a defendant agreed to the death penalty. This is serious stuff.

Check it out y'all!!!!
CMJAA's letter to Ryan Burns:

It is so disgusting.

Would Travis Alexander's killer (someone started to call her that and I am going to follow suit) lawyers be able to resign at this stage of the trial on account of her doing the interview after they asked her not to (speculating that they asked her not to).

No. Not at all.

Timothy McVeigh -- Next Wednesday the Judge sets execution date

What McVeigh did is totally different. He cancelled his APPEAL mid-stream. And that was in federal court. At the state level, appeals are automatic in death sentences generally, I believe. I have seen defendants try to fight to halt their own appeals, but to waive an aggravation or mitigation phase is totally different and so is waiving the right to appeal at all. I don't think arias can do the latter. AzLawyer?

I just find this whole thing so strange. They've taken JA to the psych ward because she's on suicide watch, and to determine if she's competent for the next phase of her trial, correct? But the whole aggravation phase is to determine whether or not she'll get the death penalty, yes? To me this is baffling. Let's make sure she doesn't kill herself before the State has a chance to give her the needle?

Jodi Arias loves only herself; why would she actually kill the only thing she loves? I just can't see it.

I smell desperation by the defense team. Stalling to delay the inevitable, and maybe undo some of the damage JA did herself with that ridiculous Fox interview.

Suicide watch and competency evals are two totally different things. She was placed on suicide watch but there would have to be a motion or ruling for a competency exam and thus far we have not heard that's happening.

I agree 100% in suicide watch for her, even though she is facing the death penalty. She needs to have to face the people she destroyed. She is wriggling hard to get out of having to hear their victim impact statements and to be pronounced an evil person by the court. I think she would rather die than allow that to happen. So I am grateful that the jail is preventing her escape in this manner.

well, if she's found incompetent to proceed, the trial can't continue til she's competent, right? i have never seen this happen before so i don't know for sure how it works.

That's right. We have to wait until she's deemed competent. But don;t worry. I;m pretty certain she's competent. Yeah, she's crazy - but like a fox!

This shall be DENIED. I mean really .. give them a chance to speak directly to her.

Seriously if they appease the convicted murderer I will be pissed... Video taping removes some of the humanity, detaches things a bit and that's not fair because this family's suffering is real, it's honest and it isn't pandering it's the true impact of the convicted murderers evilness. Oi oi oi. To try and lessen their impact statements is beyond unreasonably cruel to them... Moo..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Hell!

I just got Jury Summons for US District Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FEDERAL CASE!!!

IMO she's doing all this because she thinks the jury will for so bad for giving her first degree. She's looking for sympathy & she isn't getting it from me.
She is still trashing Travis & this should not be allowed. She is convicted lying murderer now.
I wish the Alexander family could do something about her doing this.

You said it, Jodi is still making stabs at Travis. She will never quit killing Travis. Her mouth should be sewed shut after the latest interviews so soon after the verdict.

She wants to die, and lots of others want her to die, so it's going to be win-win. :wink:

Would Travis Alexander's killer (someone started to call her that and I am going to follow suit) lawyers be able to resign at this stage of the trial on account of her doing the interview after they asked her not to (speculating that they asked her not to).

She can now be called a MURDERER!!!! Calling he a "killer" is too nice.

CONVICTED MURDERER~IN THE FIRST DEGREE.

I have a story to tell about a patient who was on suicide watch. This was when I was a Student Nurse serving a clinical rotation in a forensic psych ward. Which is a locked ward within a locked ward within a psychiatric hospital. The patients are mentally ill folks who have committed a crime of some kind. The goal was to get them stabilized on medications and then release them to jail.

During my 30 minute watch period the patient squatted, pooped, and then came over to the door with feces in his hand and smeared it back and forth over the window glass! I yelled for my Supervising nurse. She said "Oh, yeah, they do this all the time. So we can't see them. I'll call for the orderlies."

So, this is the kind of place where Ms. Arias now finds herself. And she thought she was SO smart......

Wow, in nursing school we were forbidden to ever try to enter the forensic psych unit. It was completely off limits to students.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Hell!

I just got Jury Summons for US District Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FEDERAL CASE!!!

Wow! I wonder what juror questions they ask to weed out jurors..... "do you frequent true crime forums?"

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

So what's the feeling here? Hung jury for this phase or yes to aggravation?

Been thinking about that, and when I stop and contemplate what each injury to him was, and what it did, there is no way I could NOT vote for cruel or whatever the magic word is. If she shot him first (impossible, IMO), she certainly hurt him enuff to really slow down his perception of all things around him as well as to slow any reaction time he would have to defend himself.

If she stabbed him first -- which is what happened -- he was at first certainly able to feel those very painful blows. All of us have cut ourselves a little in the kitchen, doing chores, etc., etc. A simple little cut hurts a lot.

So now he's losing blood from his chest, his heart is pumping harder, his energy level is sinking, sinking, and he is reeling from the pain and by now he is breathing hard due to the massive amount of blood loss (yes, even venous blood). His vision is probably impaired, and he hurts all over. But he has got to make his feet work -- one step away, one more step away from that knife. Breathe, breathe, suck in some air, Travis.

Now the stabs to the back and to his head. Think about getting stabbed in the back & in the head -- talk about pain. Then he half-walks, crawls trying to survive -- animalistic by now. His high-order brain function is dwindling, dying. Sucking breath in, head pounding, trying to get away.

Now she ----- his neck (I can't write it). Now his airway is gone, it is gone, and the large artery in his neck will drain his life from him in about 2 minutes. He falls to the floor like a stricken bull in a bullfight.

Now she drags him back -- dead weight, but no matter. His body makes some involuntary twitch, and she thinks there is still a bit of life in this man who rejected her, called her a sociopath. And he is taking that silly little *)^%& to Cancun. She wouldn't know how to satisfy him if she tried for 20 years, and she would never enjoy it anyway. He threw her away for that little nothing.

So thinking he might just still be alive, she shoots him in the head -- that ought to do it. She didn't come all this way, and spend money she didn't have to have him survive and tell the cops about what she did. And finally he is not moving anymore, and he is not breathing. Yes!! And she is done. And he is dead. His pain is over.

ETA: There is no way a juror can honestly vote other than aggravated. They have followed the law as they should have thus far. They can't shirk their sworn duty now. It must be death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001