aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this closed hearing going on now about the DT requesting that victim statements being video taped or has that already been decided?

If it were me on the jury, and someone was backing off from applying the death penalty if dictated by the law, I would tell them I'd reveal that to the media after the trial, name and all. I can be so mean.

i thought they'd be back faster than this.

Considering they had lunch, And that they came back with 12 guilty of premeditated murder.. They are just taking their time to make sure they do it right. They may want to discuss certain points but they will get it right.

From WAT 1 :

2 M Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Still waiting in hallway. Talking to @bethkaras and confirmed she has on a new salmon tahari sweater and dress combo. #JodiArias

Ooops - I didn't see you posted before me! Sawwy! :blushing:

And I have to say that there are *so* many things Juan has done that were great... but those 2 minutes of silence have to be in my top 5!! It seemed like 2 hours as I'm sure the jurors were replaying the scene in their mind (that's what I was doing.....)

One hour nap , check ! So I expect the jury to be back within 5 minutes :)

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 1m

#jodiarias court watchers purchased t-shirts outside the courthouse that say
"Don't make me go all Jodi Arias on your a$$"

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 now

Hmmm...wonder if any of those t-shirts will make it in the #jodiarias courtroom?..or will security stop them at the door.

my guess is that the jury will return a verdict at 2:30.....court will come back together in what , 30 or so min after that....they will read the verdict and court will be dismissed for the day....

:seeya:

Has anyone seen or heard anything from BETH KARAS TODAY ?

Any tweets ? Any reporting ?

I haven't seen her on HLN today ... :waitasec: no wonder their clock is all screwed up !

Yes, she's been tweeting. Pretty sure she's at the courthouse.

Maybe the jury took a lunch break without deliberating. HLN didn't stop their clock to allow for lunch, but that would make a difference.

If it were me on the jury, and someone was backing off from applying the death penalty if dictated by the law, I would tell them I'd reveal that to the media after the trial, name and all. I can be so mean.

This is not the death penalty phase.. and you would most likely be removed for saying something like that.

MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15 4m
#jodiarias court watchers purchased t-shirts outside the courthouse that say "Don't make me go all Jodi Arias on your *advertiser censored*"

:seeya:

Has anyone seen or heard anything from BETH KARAS TODAY ?

Any tweets ? Any reporting ?

I haven't seen her on HLN today ... :waitasec: no wonder their clock is all screwed up !

I did hear her on the phone earlier giving reports of a couple jurors going out maybe for lunch.

My lunch put me in a tuna fish sammy food coma..
so, laptop is open..ear plug in, as I snuggle under the covers..
pardon my lady-like snores.
eyes..so...heavy......

Does anyone think that it's better that when the jury comes back with 1st degree premeditated murder that it goes straight to the judge for sentencing or the way it is done in Arizona?

I think this process is redundant personally. I think they should vote for LWOP or DP during deliberations, before they announce the verdict, then directly to the judge for sentencing. This all seems like a waste of time.

If there are mitigating factors, they were brought up during trial and the jury would have already heard them. If there are aggravating factors, same thing. The jury has already heard it.

Is there a time limit to family members or defense witnesses giving their statements? Or to the number allowed to talk for each side?

Thanks

In all the trials I have watched over the yrs
I've never seen a judge give time limits
They pretty much give them all the time they need

But I don't
know about Arizona giving limits

Odd observation......I think she wasn't nervous, because she was wearing a silk shirt today and no sweat rings under her arms. If you were on trial for your life, no antiperspirant is gonna stop that nervous sweat...but she doesn't get nervous like humans do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty