aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the jury took a lunch break without deliberating. HLN didn't stop their clock to allow for lunch, but that would make a difference.

I am personally sure of that. The court room reporter had them beginning deliberations at 1:17.

I keep going back to the story where she claimed masked ninjas came in and killed him...where she said he was moaning in pain....i think if we listen to this tape..it really tells what he was going through....and what she did to him. A little truth comes into lies. If you listen to what she was saying.....it might be a little of what he went through and what she did to him. But with her no memory..i guess we will never know..but i think she was putting some truth into that statement.

According to HLN and hour and something.

These are big decisions and I wouldn't be surprised if they take a couple of hours to make sure they are being just. I'm 100% positive they will come back in favor of the state.

DONT WORRY YALL!!!! :rockon:

I keep going back to the story where she claimed masked ninjas came in and killed him...where she said he was moaning in pain....i think if we listen to this tape..it really tells what he was going through....and what she did to him. A little truth comes into lies. If you listen to what she was saying.....it might be a little of what he went through and what she did to him. But with her no memory..i guess we will never know..but i think she was putting some truth into that statement.

The part of that story that was sick to me was when she said he was saying he couldn't feel his legs.

Are there any video links to what has already happened today? At a computer with speakers finally. TIA!

I need to drive home (20 minutes-/+) and run in Walgreens...(yes, I'm appropriately dressed tyvm) DO I HAVE TIME???

oh no, I'm feeling so anxious I'm doing housework!! I hate when that happens. LOL!

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 10m

Was just told by source mitigation hearing in #JodiArias trial won't start today even if jury is back soon. #FOX10

"I defy anybody, even Alyce Laviolette to take a look at a photograph and tell you exactly what an individual is thinking." -Juan Martinez, Closing Arguments.

He also noted today that Travis had no idea what was coming.

I don't think he did know what was coming. Even though I agree his expression looked pretty intense, especially since WE all know what was coming, his body posture looks relaxed with him resting his arm on his knee like that. Jodi had no chance to get the jump on him if she brandished a knife at him. I think his first clue was when the knife was already in him.

oh no, I'm feeling so anxious I'm doing housework!! I hate when that happens. LOL!

I have been so engrossed waiting and reading here that I didn't realize it's almost time for me to leave work!! Plus I have to pick up my nephew from daycare! That could have been bad.

Maybe the jury took a lunch break without deliberating. HLN didn't stop their clock to allow for lunch, but that would make a difference.

That is exactly what happened. But, they restarted it and it is right now.

The important thing is that this jury deliberated 15 hours and rendered the correct verdict...Murder in the 1st.
I want them to go through all of the jury instructions...even if that takes time. I do NOT want the Defense to challenge a finding of cruelty...if that is what they find. I want them to be deliberate and if they find cruelty I want it to stick. That said, I highly doubt they are still deliberating tomorrow.
We know that speed in deliberation means nothing. We also know this jury ain't from Florida.

Juan was wonderful today, as always...there is only one thing that I wish he brought up:

All during the attack, when he was struggling to get away, and defend himself....all during those 2 minutes, travis STILL never hurt her...the only thing she "suffered" was cuts to her finger(s), which were likely the result of her hand slipping on the knife bc it was covered in his blood. She had no bruises, no sign that he physically tried to take her down. The fact that as a defense she claimed she was a survivor of DV is especially abhorrent bc of this.

I hope there is a way for this to be brought up at some point, bc it's one of the most mind blowing aspects of this case for me.

Where's the glass half full person to tell us that the Jeffrey Dahmer jury took 3 days?

Not an accurate statement but you know what I mean... ;)

I am posting this to share what I believe is so very cruel for Travis to have suffered.

The day my bio mother (I was adopted out to my Aunt n Uncle when I was 11)
passed away, my sister, hospice nurse and myself were with her. she lingered for over 11 hrs. She was 90 yrs old with dementia.

The nurse and my sister kept talking about how long it would be, feeling her hands, legs.

I couldn't stand it anymore, I kept thinking my mother can hear all of this so finally around 11pm I laid down beside her, took her hand, sister took the other. I began to hum softly her favorite hymns, The Old Rugged Cross, and When the Roll is Called up Yonder, within a few mins. she passed. She could hear even though she could not open her eyes or move even a finger.

I firmly believe that hearing is the last sense to go when you die. So IMO Travis could hear before his heart stopped, I imagine ja was yelling at him as she tortured him. He could not find even a second of peace as death drew near.

I know Mr M couldn't talk about it because it can't be proven, however I experienced it, I saw it with my own eyes.

So IMO Travis not only felt the horrible indescribable pain from the knife, he could see, and he could hear.

She needs to be put to death for her horrific torture of this great young man.

IMO

Meemaw, wow... my heart sank reading this. So sad and such an emotional experience.

This brought me right back into the room at hospice when my father passed away, I still have trouble talking about it but I can relate to what you described. We were told the same thing about hearing-- it was recommended to me to keep calm in the room as my father neared the end, we were trying to keep the room gentle and soft and make his last moments as peaceful as possible. I think I went numb not accepting that he was leaving this earth and when he finally left, I stumbled out of the room and collapsed.

My father suffered for five years and he always had family around him up until the very end but I always wished I could do more for him to make things better for him.

When I think about what JA did to Travis in his own home, in his own room, to his flesh and blood at his most vulnerable when he was all alone with no defenses, nobody to hear him as methodically stabbed him in the back, in the heart, and slashed his neck then shot him, it is inconceivable what he experienced. He was alone, tortured and the cruelty unimaginable. She deserves the worst punishment and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ickyyyy