aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH interesting .. Dr Phil working with Arias' mom, so expect her on there. Remember the 'Foundation' the Anthony's had which disappeared after the payment from Dr Phil .. yes, it may happen here http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2013/05/16/slasher-jodi-arias-faces-death you can listen to this show later guys via this link ..

:facepalm: The rumors were flying about this over a month ago on a few FB sites. The particular site I was part of sat back to see if there was any validity to it. Strong denials from Dr. Phil's page.
Never been a fan of Dr.P, but if the backlash from a month ago is any sign of his fan base going belly up, I just don't know........seems "Integrity" has become a 4 letter word among TV types.
JMO:twocents:

One thing I did like that Juror #8 said - He found it disrespectful of her to be doodling during court

I bet the Phoenix area is getting an economy boost from this. Which is good I suppose.

:rockon: I'm sure Phoenix will love it when the HLN media circus packs up its tent and leaves. At least Jodi will either get LWOP or the DP, which means she'll never get out of prison.:jail:

Thats the thing that made the "sex" so much of a story in this case. Their own attorneys started forcing it down our throats for no apparant reason and no relavancy whatsoever to the case. The whole nation was shocked about it, because it left us with a huge WHY GO THERE? OBJECTION: RELEVANCE!!

I'm just thankful at the end of the day, the jury saw through it all and convicted her. The convicted killer will never, ever, ever, get out of prison. The world is safer.

Tomorrow will be another tough day for the Alexander family. I will light my candle, thinking it might help, and pray for peace and closure for them. Watching them today was incredible difficult. I can't imagine what they have had to endure the past 5 years. :cry:

Can you even imagine what you would say tomorrow if Travis had been your son or your brother? I loved Chris Hughes tweeting tonite, for all those asking if the family gets to speak tomorrow, he said it will be LIVE and it will be POWERFUL.

That just leveled me to the floor. How they must have labored over what they'll say. I just hope they heard the conviction in the jurors voices today. The jury is with them, all the way. In the absence of parents I am in love with the aunts who sit quietly behind them each day, just to be a presence and say you are not alone. That is love, that is a family, those are ties that bind. Jodi would never NEVER have been worthy of marrying into that family. She knows it too. That is why she hates them. Real or imagined, she was never going to measure up to be marriage material.

I hope and pray Juan gets to play her recent interview where she is not only bashing Travis again, but actually bashing his siblings. The jury will throw the book at that witch.
I'm so looking forward to hearing from Travis' family. At last.

I want to say to Travis' siblings, I am so very proud of you. Already.

Wait, wait... Am I reading this right.... The defense has listed 2 FELLOW INMATES as sentencing witness? :floorlaugh: And Dan Freeman who is not against CMJA getting the DP? THIS is what they've come up with??

Hey Nurmi, I'm available as a sentencing witness too :seeya: I can be there bright and early and I have plenty to say! Call me!

Just one inmate. The other is Patti that's Jodi's long time friend. Jodi was in Patti's wedding, etc. I also "think" she is the woman that use to come to the trial (at the beginning) that was dressed so outlandish ... off the shoulder tops, etc.

Jodi just put up another religious tweet .. I think her 'beliefs' are going to feature in mitigation .. I expect the jurors to see through that too.

I wonder if she'll try to attract supporters and solicit donations by emulating Karla Faye Tucker when she's on DR.

Can anyone tell me which video (1,2, or 3) and approx time that Juan used his 2 minutes of silence. I'm on holidays and don't want to miss it but don't have time right now to watch all 3 in full.

I'd love whoever can help me SO MUCH lol

@maryellenabc15

#jodiarias Defense listed Kim Ross - Fellow inmate & Patricia Womack as sentencing witnesses + Daniel Freeman (confirmed he was notified)

Daniel Freeman told #abc15 he emailed defense back that he's not against #jodiarias getting DP for killing close friend #travisalexander

Patricia Womack is known as Patti, she was in court when the sex tape was played, has appeared on NG and 20/20

I am just expressing how I responded to the details in this case.
My point was more in keeping with a societal commentary.
I found it interesting that Travis's sexual indiscretions weren't seen as offensive and Jodi was demonized as a nymph and a *advertiser censored*.
The black and white thinking was objectionable to me.

I am capable of finding Jodi guilty but don't need to sanctify Travis in order to do so.
It seemed like the collective opinion was that the demonic murderous *advertiser censored* killed this sainted guy. Black and white thinking that has sexual overtones. Travis didn't deserve what happened to him. The overkill spoke volumes LOUD AND CLEAR that this wasn't about self defense but about rage and cruelty.
He wasn't blameless in their relationship though. (which in no way implies that he deserved anything bad to happen to him)
I think that he was hypocritical. I think that the media portrayal of Jodi and the comments on the internet that I have read indicate that we as a society are hypocritical too. I am looking at this trial as more of an interesting example of social commentary in the area of gender and sexuality. That was my point.

But the whole point and narration of the sex issues and double standards were solely brought up by the defense and JA.

THEY brought up the unfounded and offensive pedophelia.

THEY wrote the narrative of Travis being sexually abusive towards CMJA in the phone sex tape, which they played over and over and over.

THEY tried to make him out to be a sexual deviant and a monster with sick perversions and insatiable sexual appetites and fetishes who forced JA to do all sorts of things she unwillingly participated in to please her abuser.

THEY basically accused Travis of rape (he woke her up by having sex with her).

THEY tried to say it was he who introduced anal sex to the relationship.

THEY tried to say she was the innocent partner who was corrupted by him at the home of the Hughes, that he forced her to have sex the day of her baptism, and in alleys in his car.

THEY tried to turn him into a sexual monster and make the jury despise him.

It became necessary to show that she was sexually experienced, comfortable, and aggressive with other boyfriends. That doesn't make her bad. I'm all for women being dominant and sexually secure in mutual relationships, but the moment you turn on a man and accuse him for a reason like framing and blaming after you've killed him, you've lost your right to keep your private sex life private.

The defense brought the sex stuff to the table and Juan responded. I condemn her for her hypocrisy when it comes to sex and these most horrible accusations that she had the nerve to level against the man she murdered. Sex was a weapon for her at multiple times in life and during this trial.
She used sex to control and manipulate Travis, especially/including the day she murdered him.

:facepalm: The rumors were flying about this over a month ago on a few FB sites. The particular site I was part of sat back to see if there was any validity to it. Strong denials from Dr. Phil's page.
Never been a fan of Dr.P, but if the backlash from a month ago is any sign of his fan base going belly up, I just don't know........seems "Integrity" has become a 4 letter word among TV types.
JMO:twocents:

I'm happy to have no opinion and just sit back and wait and see .. I remember strong denials from him around the Anthony case too .. even at the beginning of the show he does a little speech about how he didn't pay them, but 'donated to their foundation' anyway, that foundation was wrapped up in short speed afterwards. At this stage I can see all sides of the argument, so I think only time will tell.

Wait, wait... Am I reading this right.... The defense has listed 2 FELLOW INMATES as sentencing witness? :floorlaugh: And Dan Freeman who is not against CMJA getting the DP? THIS is what they've come up with??

Hey Nurmi, I'm available as a sentencing witness too :seeya: I can be there bright and early and I have plenty to say! Call me!

This is incredible. Seriously, the DT should just hire a couple people off the street. A couple of homeless people would be more credible character witnesses than her fellow prison inmates.

Sometimes I wonder if Nurmi + Wilcott are secretly being paid under the table by the Alexander family. :floorlaugh:

They could have done less damage if they had just folded their case without calling anyone. :floorlaugh:

Rewatched the 2 minutes of silence. Did Wilmott slap her forearm down on the desk in front of her toward the end of the two minutes or am I imagining that. I heard it also!

O/T but... this is how I feel:

29075147.jpg

Happy bday - insert witty lol cat finals are hard .gif so I don't slow down the thread. O/T is she wearing stripes tomorrow or street clothes?

It will not be favorable for Jodi to do anything but pay attention. I am so thrilled to know at least from juror 8's perspective that her weird behavior has not gone unnoticed.

Very good heartfelt posts here tonight folks! We are coming to the end it has been a terrible roller coaster. Things that seem like common sense get twisted into "nonsense" by the media, witnesses, and attorneys all the time. i wanted to scream everyday! But the light at the end of the tunnel shows that the truth has been shining through the whole time!

There are a lot of lessons to learn from this case, that will hopefully not go unnoticed. The Alexander's have been a great loving example of family. I'm glad I was able to share that with a community of people that genuinely cared about this case and most importantly the justice for Travis Alexander!

I didn't like it as a concept within the trial at all. I wasn't commenting on which side it came from. "Cough cough"......I knew it was the defense that made the distasteful allegations of Travis and the defense psych who gave us the TMI about her history.
I would need to reread the transcript or listen to the proceedings to know who posed what questions to her and about her.
I do think that the defense team was correct that Jodi was Travis's "Dirty little secret" --they hit a home run on that one but it didn't make a dang bit of difference in terms of the crime which is what the case was about.

BBM

I totally disagree with the dirty little secret thing. What the defense did was take a part of their lives that almost all people keep private and brought it out in the most degrading way possible. I don't feel their sex life was extremely kinky or remotely perverted and that is what they tried to make it. I can't help but ask if you don't keep your sex life private too or do you share what you do with your friends or family? There is a huge difference between "secret" and private.

:goodpost: :clap:

brought from the last thread, originally posted by WindyCityGirl

I, too, am from Illinois, where there is a moratorium on the death penalty---for VERY good reason. I, too, am anti-DP---not just because of the record in Illinois, but because it is contrary to my faith.

Yes, I am anti-DP. Ordinarily. And here's why: I live in a state where prosecutorial misconduct is epic (and I know lots of insiders who verify this), and an appalling number of death row inmates have been exonerated. Sadly, this often only occurs posthumously. Project Innocence had its birth here---and for good reason. The number of innocent men on death row in Illinois---and by innocent, I mean TRULY innocent, not simply "not guilty," of the crimes for which they were convicted--is horrifying.

Call me a hypocrite, if you will, but executing Jodi Arias does not cause me even a moment's conflict.

She is a self-admitted murderess. That she spent several years creating an outlandish rationale to "explain" the horrendous slaughter is irrelevant. The holes in her story are outrageous. She is a cold-blooded, heinous murderess. Of that, there is no doubt.

She is profoundly personality disordered, and therefore not amenable to ANY treatment. (I am not referring to her BPD; I am referring to her psychopathy.)

She does not experience empathy. She cannot feel remorse. (Trust me on this: if you've never had the misfortune of knowing or living with a sociopath or psychopath, it is simply impossible to describe, except to say that those with normal minds are best left believing the best of others, because once you see how badly the mind can malfunction, it takes you very dark places.)

Jodi Arias is a risk to others, in a prison population. Jodi Arias is a risk to prison personnel. She has killed, heinously. She will do it again if given any opportunity.

Housing her in the penal system will be outrageously costly. She's already cost the state more than any other criminal defendant. Her appeals will be costly, as will her upkeep.

Will killing her do any good? Well, it won't be a deterrent. The DP simply isn't. But it will save society the cost of sustaining a subhuman with no redeeming qualities. Not.A.Single.One.

And it will rid the earth of one unbelievably evil woman.

I can live with that. I support the Alexander family; it is their loss we are addressing.

But all that aside---it doesn't matter that either you or I think this "serves no purpose," is "overkill," or is "barbaric." Because the laws of the State of Arizona very clearly spell out the process. And this is the way it's done.

Here, it's not. Every state has its own approach.

And that is the beauty of the United States of America.

If you don't like the laws, work to change them. I am surprised I have no problem, at all, with them just as they stand. In this case, particularly.

This is incredible. Seriously, the DT should just hire a couple people off the street. A couple of homeless people would be more credible character witnesses than her fellow prison inmates.

Sometimes I wonder if Nurmi + Wilcott are secretly being paid under the table by the Alexander family. :floorlaugh:

They could have done less damage if they had just folded their case without calling anyone. :floorlaugh:

I just don't see how inmates would be qualified to speak on her behalf. WTH!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89