AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would love to see this as a big conspiracy theory; but honestly, usually the most simple answer is the explanation.

I cannot look at a guy without a criminal history and say that he is not a murderer or a kidnapper. Look at Josh Powell. He did have a very small history when he was a juvenile (that we did not hear about until after he died). We did know about his father, but that came after Susan disappeared. We had some time to sleuth out the information. I am certain that the people that knew Josh before Susan disappeared never in a million years imagined that he could/would kill his boys.

Where did IK come from? Who are his parents? What are they like? Do they have a criminal history? I cannot come to a conclusion about his criminal aptitude without some of this information.

Also, remember that the speed freak killers had their spree for over 15 years. They did not get caught. Were they really that smart - especially on speed? Nope. They were actually that last known person to see a couple of the girls. But, they still ran free.

There are also ample examples of husbands that just snap one day and kill their wives. Mothers that snap and kill their children. One happened just yesterday here in Utah. See the story here: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19674412&title=woman-accused-of-killing-daughter-in-murder-suicide-attempt&s_cid=featured-1

We do not know what makes this guy tick. Without more information, I cannot make any logical sense of this crime. I HOPE beyond reason that he delivered Sam somewhere else and she is safe. However, I cannot make this jump without some additional information. What I have right now is IK was caught, he had a link to SK in his car, LE has claimed that his arrest is connected to SK. He is the ONLY certainty in a very strange case at this time. I am anxiously awaiting additional information.

:please: let Sam be alive and found soon. :please:

He just doesn't feel like a murderer to me. IK seems like a peripheral figure. I am probably wrong, but he just doesn't seem like it. Does someone just kill a young girl like this after having no criminal violent history to speak of before?

Got to be a first time for everything.

If he was just the delivery guy and delivered her someplace else... she is not "safe" by any means. If she was sold into prostitution, she is not "safe." If she was sold to some sick, demented person who enslaves young women for his own pleasure, she is not "safe." If she is being held against her will somewhere, you can bet that she isn't being pampered like a princess... she is living in a hell that most of us can't even imagine, and probably wishing she was dead if there is no means of escape.

Sure, lots of times...if they have never been caught, I imagine. There are so many unsolved crimes, some of them have probably been committed by people living perfectly normal lives. There was the Bikepath Rapist in the East (upstate NY?) for one. He had a normal life, wife, kids, etc...good job. And he raped women, and eventually murdered one of them. I'm sure there are others we don't know about, and they all start someplace.

Sure, this case could be some weird, complicated intrigue, involving all kinds of shady doings and dealings, but it is much simpler to think of it as a kidnapping for seual assault, probably gone bad. I am not saying that is my preference by any means...JMO

I'm reminded of the BTK Killer. Upstanding citizen, church elder (or something like that), wife, family.
But the way he described his tortures and killings in such a matter of fact way was so chilling!

The problem with the idea that IK acted alone and took her for sexual reasons is, why would he have been so brazen?

To abduct her from a coffee cart in a parking lot with an athletic club right nearby, and a busy street right there...yes the snow berms were high and it was snowing and dark, but still.

And she isn't the kind of victim who won't be missed.

Don't these guys usually go after women who are easy to pick up and won't be missed? Prostitutes, the homeless, and the like?

This doesn't seem like a crime of opportunity.
Hmmm......just thought of something.
Wasn't IK a marathon runner at one time? Did he still like to work out?
Was he a member of the athletic club next to the Coffee Grounds?
This may have been where he first saw Samantha!

If he was just the delivery guy and delivered her someplace else... she is not "safe" by any means. If she was sold into prostitution, she is not "safe." If she was sold to some sick, demented person who enslaves young women for his own pleasure, she is not "safe." If she is being held against her will somewhere, you can bet that she isn't being pampered like a princess... she is living in a hell that most of us can't even imagine, and probably wishing she was dead if there is no means of escape.

I was thinking more that Keyes was paid by a member of the family (James' dad) to bring her to where he is in the lower 48. Maybe he felt Sam needed to be removed from the situation she was in.. between Duane's possessiveness and JK's drinking, maybe he thought he needed to be a hero and "save" her. Maybe he even wanted to generate some money to help pay JK's past debts. It definitely seems strange that he has just stayed on vacation while all of this was going on.. he & Sam are close, judging from the pic on JK's profile. I also saw a comment that someone had posted about JK reporting Sam missing one other time, when she was 9, for reward money. I wish I knew how to check that.
All just my own crazy thoughts.

Not so crazy at all.

I had never factored in the grandfather - could very well make sense.

I have found it odd that the grandparents never returned back to Alaska when Samantha went missing.
I am back in Texas for my grandson and son .... didn't think twice of moving from Oregon. They both needed me. Makes a whole lot of sense, and I could understand why they never returned.

That is not what I am thinking, my thoughts have been referred to as a conspiracy theory LOL

I just don't think it is as simple as people think with the sexual motivation, and I still don't believe IK actually took her. moo

Snipped: Police do state when a person is no longer a suspect or person of interest, but say when someone is called a person of interest the best way to get that title removed is to cooperate with police and tell them what they know.

.... and if they don't know what the police want to hear?

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/Suspect-or-Person-of-Interest-143836966.html

So far Keyes has only been named a suspect for access device fraud for using someone else's credit or debit card. But when it comes to the kidnapping itself, police say Keyes is not a suspect right now.

“He may only be a witness in that, or he may not be involved in any way except using these credit cards, or he may be a suspect,” said Lieutenant Dave Parker. “The fact that he was in possession of these items and he has acted in certain ways makes him a person of interest in the disappearance.”

To me this is the first time I felt like LE made a statement indicating that he had sam's cards (and possible other things- "these items"). Do you all interpret it the same way?

"...and he has acted in certain ways" AKA... Leaving Alaska and going to Texas? Either way, I agree Joslmaman. One of the most useful things APD has said yet. Interesting. JMO

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/Suspect-or-Person-of-Interest-143836966.html

So far Keyes has only been named a suspect for access device fraud for using someone else's credit or debit card. But when it comes to the kidnapping itself, police say Keyes is not a suspect right now.

“He may only be a witness in that, or he may not be involved in any way except using these credit cards, or he may be a suspect,” said Lieutenant Dave Parker. “The fact that he was in possession of these items and he has acted in certain ways makes him a person of interest in the disappearance.”

To me this is the first time I felt like LE made a statement indicating that he had sam's cards (and possible other things- "these items"). Do you all interpret it the same way?

Agree totally. Picked up on the same thing... Just wish that APD wasn't so flaky and all OVER the place with their statements. This seems to indicate he had her cards.

I am glad reporters are reading Websleuths, there are some very good ideas and debates held in this threads that give a reporter ideas - like this one.

I just wish they would say hello ;)

:welcome5: Reporters ..... now .... :werk:

Yes, it would be nice and ethical if the credited their sources. :) Most of the research for this article came directly from these forums...

These may not be Sam's cards, they could be another missing person's cards or a deceased person's cards that he obtained fraudulently. If they were related to another missing or deceased person, it would establish a pattern of behavior. The link could be the behavior not actually Sam...

Question for all of you...

I am surprised that reporters have not tracked down at least one member of IK's family for a statement. Is it typical for families to not have anything to say about a cases like this with so much speculation? Is it typical to not have any information about a family even if they refuse to make a statement? I know we can't search families and I wouldn't, but I was just curious.

I was thinking more that Keyes was paid by a member of the family (James' dad) to bring her to where he is in the lower 48. Maybe he felt Sam needed to be removed from the situation she was in.. between Duane's possessiveness and JK's drinking, maybe he thought he needed to be a hero and "save" her. Maybe he even wanted to generate some money to help pay JK's past debts. It definitely seems strange that he has just stayed on vacation while all of this was going on.. he & Sam are close, judging from the pic on JK's profile. I also saw a comment that someone had posted about JK reporting Sam missing one other time, when she was 9, for reward money. I wish I knew how to check that.
All just my own crazy thoughts.

Could be... it's something to think about at least. I wonder if her father has considered this, though. Seems like he would want to check it out. Maybe not.

I think LE is putting their foot it in, trying not say what they have on him, trying not to call him a "prime suspect" so to speak, and are muddling it and making it more confusing. I think he did have Samantha's cards and maybe other items with him when he was searched and that they cannot link him to anyone else in relation to Samantha, and he is all they have, and he is not talking. JMO

Yes, it would be nice and ethical if the credited their sources. :( Most of the research for this article came directly from these forums...

I realize you're kind of joking, but they don't have to credit their source for opinions... only facts.
Gutfeeling... are you feeding these reporters your thoughts??
J/K :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member