AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we still don't think he's the ring leader in all of this?

I get that he's got a knack for the need to be in control. The more i see outside of the charges & even separate from the Wood side of the family, the more i feel that he knows exactly or has a pretty good idea of the where's & what's of Brittney's whereabouts.

One of my fears is that the sisters will get too light of a sentence. I have harsh feelings towards them.

What I know about Brittney's upbringing is that she must have lived under constant bad influence from her Mom's side of the family. A girl's mother is so important in setting an example. It's not like this couldn't have stopped years ago when that gma's perv bf case occurred. It's crippling for a young girl's future to have such a limited education and be exposed to a bunch of adults who are preoccupied with dragging young children into adult perversions. Brittney was cheated out of so much and by her own family.

I hope she did take off and can start a new life, but she will likely always be limited by that bad upbringing. It's time for these family members to pay for what they've done to these children.
I agree. This behavior must be so engrained within this family. I don't look for counseling or rehab to have permanent results.

I hope the children are never allowed to live with them again. I know that sounds cruel, but I cannot see this horrible crime chain being stopped unless that happens.

But...what would stop the twins from having more children?

That is not Dustin's home. Remember...he and Mendy lived near Chessie. Dustin didn't even work.
That home has to belong to relatives.

Thanks Fab for the reminder!!

I was going to say......
And than my mind was going.....

Back to the drawing board. Not a total surprise even his address is a lie.

I agree. This behavior must be so engrained within this family. I don't look for counseling or rehab to have permanent results.

I hope the children are never allowed to live with them again. I know that sounds cruel, but I cannot see this horrible crime chain being stopped unless that happens.

Court ordered hysterectomies.

:scared: i had to.
:truce:

And we still don't think he's the ring leader in all of this?

I get that he's got a knack for the need to be in control. The more i see outside of the charges & even separate from the Wood side of the family, the more i feel that he knows exactly or has a pretty good idea of the where's & what's of Brittney's whereabouts.

His charges might be similar to charges that Donald Holland would have faced if he had lived. Dustin was charged in one rape where Donald was present and watched. I can imagine Dustin and Donald doing other things together.

That is not Dustin's home. Remember...he and Mendy lived near Chessie. Dustin didn't even work.
That home has to belong to relatives.

Mendy lists the trailer where she and Dustin lived as her address. I assume he had to move out if she wanted to keep her kids. Here's Mendys' addy.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=7041...=us&ei=eXhtUobJL8iviAKGwIGoAg&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA

I got these addresses from the Mobile CO Jail site:

http://www.mobileso.com/whos-in-jail/

Maybe Dustin's address is his attorney's address? Because Dustin's rich family's last name begins with M. Don't know who G would be.

Chessie's got those young ones. Groan. To hear her talk she is all about being a mother. She really puts it on thick. What a crock. Good mothers protect their children from sex perverts.

Children in school hear about and are encouraged to tell if someone is touching your privates, etc., and these people know they are putting their children in a horrible position to have to keep these secrets. The children probably have a deep loyalty for these sick adults.

They must have threatened their children to not tell or else. Poor victims.

You got me thinking about all the children involved. I agree, it may sound cruel, but taking all the children away seems necessary. Unfortunately, the cruel reality is going to be really be hard on the children.

Future children by these sisters...bigger groan...they're still fertile :scared: and must be stopped.

Mendy lists the trailer where she and Dustin lived as her address. I assume he had to move out if she wanted to keep her kids. Here's Mendys' addy.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=7041...=us&ei=eXhtUobJL8iviAKGwIGoAg&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA

I got these addresses from the Mobile CO Jail site:

http://www.mobileso.com/whos-in-jail/

Maybe Dustin's address is his attorney's address? Because Dustin's rich family's last name begins with M. Don't know who G would be.

It sure is pretty country there. Thanks for posting some maps.

I am going to break character for a moment

<modsnip>

I can't imagine though, being older - realizing it's wrong and yet being around it still. What did Derrick and Brittney think? What was the reality here? I know there's zero excuse and I know my perp knew it was wrong .. granted it was 80's with me that he did this.. and when you're growing up in wealth - with a family trying to shed their poverty roots ..NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT. no one. But this family DID talk about it. it wasn't a secret. In fact it was OUT and everyone discussed the stuff. This is so disheartening. Sad and bad.

This is the first case I followed from the start and it's for various reasons. I can't help but interject my life into this. There's this part of me that forgets it's about Brittney - not me. She may not become a sex worker. She may not reappear to her family after being on the run for a decade. She may not find inner peace. She may not be alive. She is not me and I am not her. While I wouldn't wish my life upon anyone - I do wish she would at least have one aspect of my own and that's to have life.

My heart bleeds for her daughter.

Thanks, AstroKitty. Sending you hugs.

<modsnip>

I can't imagine though, being older - realizing it's wrong and yet being around it still. What did Derrick and Brittney think? What was the reality here? I know there's zero excuse and I know my perp knew it was wrong .. granted it was 80's with me that he did this.. and when you're growing up in wealth - with a family trying to shed their poverty roots ..NO ONE TALKS ABOUT IT. no one. But this family DID talk about it. it wasn't a secret. In fact it was OUT and everyone discussed the stuff. This is so disheartening. Sad and bad.

This is the first case I followed from the start and it's for various reasons. I can't help but interject my life into this. There's this part of me that forgets it's about Brittney - not me. She may not become a sex worker. She may not reappear to her family after being on the run for a decade. She may not find inner peace. She may not be alive. She is not me and I am not her. While I wouldn't wish my life upon anyone - I do wish she would at least have one aspect of my own and that's to have life.

The "no one talks about it" is a generational/society thing. It has only been in the last couple of decades that people speak out. I know this as well. It didn't happen to me but to my step-son by his own father who is now my ex. ( no one in authority did a thing-said he used poor judgment after drinking a couple of beers)
You deserve lots of hugs for what you have been through and how wise you have become. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we all have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You are special.

:blowkiss: AstroKitty, thanks so much for sharing. Your story is heartbreaking. :grouphug:

I wonder all of what you felt having to deal with what you describe, and how you healed.

Do you think Brittney or Derek felt anger or numbness at their family members for stealing their innocence so early in life?

Wow, from one generation to the next, and more of this has been going on within families than I ever imagined. I definitely feel sorry for the younger guys arrested in this family because no doubt they were taught and encouraged to become deviant at a early age.

I realize that we form our pleasure centers sometimes from our first experiences whatever they may be. Adults that sexually molest children often have experienced it in their own lives. What I don't fully get is the need to re-enact it as the perpetrator later in life.

Why people that have experienced this as a child would want to make another child, even their own children, feel that shame, anger, confusion, etc.,? Why wouldn't they be even more protective to ensure it doesn't happen to their own child?

It's good that society is making a big deal out of this and calling it wrong and a crime.

Did any of you see this news story? This woman had 14 children, and is now facing big trouble.

Colombian accused of selling virginity of 12 daughters
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/25/world/americas/colombia-mom-sells-daughters/index.html

"Authorities also say the suspect would begin selling her daughters to men as soon as the girls turned 12 years old. She charged anywhere between 300,000 and 400,000 Colombian Pesos ($160 to $212) for a virgin."

and this

"According to authorities, only two of Margarita de Jesus Zapata Moreno's 14 children were not forced into prostitution. They were the two youngest -- an 11-year-old boy and a 9-year-old girl..."

And Brit, if your'e out there and reading this .. please reach out to me. Let me help you. I don't judge you in the least. I care. I sincerely do care.

:blowkiss: AstroKitty, thanks so much for sharing. Your story is heartbreaking. :grouphug:

I wonder all of what you felt having to deal with what you describe, and how you healed.

Do you think Brittney or Derek felt anger or numbness at their family members for stealing their innocence so early in life?

Wow, from one generation to the next, and more of this has been going on within families than I ever imagined. I definitely feel sorry for the younger guys arrested in this family because no doubt they were taught and encouraged to become deviant at a early age.

I realize that we form our pleasure centers sometimes from our first experiences whatever they may be. Adults that sexually molest children often have experienced it in their own lives. What I don't fully get is the need to re-enact it as the perpetrator later in life.

Why people that have experienced this as a child would want to make another child, even their own children, feel that shame, anger, confusion, etc.,? Why wouldn't they be even more protective to ensure it doesn't happen to their own child?

It's good that society is making a big deal out of this and calling it wrong and a crime.

These are really good points. I have read so many stories, articles and case studies that I should be able to wrap my mind around victims creating victims, but I can't. I don't even let my head go there now, because I just hate feeling like I'm somehow justifying actions and behaviors of those I see as monsters.

I think that all the kids felt numb emotionally unless it was anger and the only way they could feel joy and safety was by drug use.

People that are sexually abused usually react 1 of 2 ways: hyper sexual or non sexual. Sort of a mania behavior. Sex = love = power = acceptance = just an action. being in love is very confusing and a huge upheaval for a sex abuse survivor. Speaking only on experience here; when I've been in love and felt the person wasn't going to leave me (abandonment is another issue here) I would never have sex. I felt other things were far more rewarding and personal and that sex was simply just a means. I still don't find sex to be a vital part to a happy relationship, even though I know otherwise. This is why sex work in any aspect for me it easy. I do not and probably will never see sexual actions (stripping, bdsm etc) as anything other than business. When you lose your innocence via rape by those that were supposed to keep you safe and love you unconditionally, it is a life game changer. It makes simple joys absolutely boring and sex to either get what you want or to be avoided.

I'm a female so it's hard for me to describe or speculate what Derrick must feel. I imagine that the abuse was male/male and the amount of anger, hostility and confusion would be enough to drive anyone to have the issues he has (drugs and anger). Although I will say this much; we've not heard of any other male victims. None. So, was Derrick abused by an Aunt? Is there any other male victims? Was he actually victimized or is that a fabrication created to get pity and possibly a lighter jail sentence?

<modsnip>

I am so sorry that you went through all this pain. I cannot even begin to imagine your life from 2-12 and the pain you carried (and at times probably still carry.)

I also hold you high because instead of blaming your past you used it to grow stronger and make a difference in other people's lives. Like the mythical Phoenix...you arose from the ashes.

Some people are able to rise above horrible pasts while others cannot. I don't know if it is due to resilence or inner fortitude or what. Maybe Brittney could have done so also. I sure hope we find out one day.

Thanks for all you do to help victims out there. There are so so many.

I enjoy your thoughts and your posts. I also appreciate and thank you for all you do to help other victims out there. There are so many.
fab

Yes, it's easy to see how some of the teens eventually gravitated towards drug use. I just wonder if they had to go far or did some of the adults have that handy too.

Another thing I'm thinking about is how awful it is for really young children to be sexually abused and not be able to remember it as they grow up, but always feel like something happened that they can't remember.

I would hope Dustin wasn't staying at this house. If you scroll through all of the photos, it's obvious there are small children that live there. There is a room for a little girl (with a toddler bed) and another room for a boy (with 2 toddler beds). The boy's name is on the wall. I'm assuming there are 2 boys and the others name is on the wall (not visible in the photo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx