AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the area that LE is interested in is the Marlow community, where County 32 crosses Fish River. Turkey Creek is farther southwest. Marlow is to the east of Fairhope, but still considered Fairhope for mail and 911 purposes. The bridge that crosses Fish River on U.S. Highway 98 is called the "Turkey Creek" bridge, because Turkey Creek enters Fish River at that point, just north of Week's Bay.

Hope that clears up some things. I know Baldwin County pretty well.

Thank you, thank you! I had given up on trying to sort it. It really helps when we can have a mental image of the relevant area.

Your explanation and MotherOcean's map should keep us on target.

Great map MO! What is H on your map, the Riviere du Chien Rd tag? Also can we tag Brittney's home? TIA

That is Hippie Beach. BW's home is in Tillman's Corner. I am so sorry, I have tried to get the time to work on this and just haven't been able to. I want to get all KNOWN and specific addresses and get them on the map. Going to try to do that later this evening.

Incase anyone isn't following the FOX10 fb page there are some interesting exchanges going on

https://www.facebook.com/FOX10News/posts/461554513868550

--quoting myself for the link---

Looks like there is a new creeper posting on the FOX fb page. C.L. initials and they have taken over the "like" job of WWH and MWK for the comments supporting the H's and bashing BW. Interesting this new CL character seems to have just started a fb page and the only thing on it are 2 Likes.... FOX10 and WKRG
hmmmm....wonder who that could be?

ETA...FWIW...CL has now deleted all of their posts after someone pointed out the above behavior. (so obvious what they are doing!)

A female AH is saying she knew the most recent perp and "he was a horrible man" on WKRG

Are Sex Crimes Arrests Related to Brittney Wood Disappearance?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jul/23/are-sex-crimes-arrests-related-brittney-wood-disap-ar-4191064/

snipped -

Mobile police believe Brittney is out there...but says the 19-year old is choosing to not to return home.

What now?
I am very surprised at this statement. Direct and to the point.
Some, including myself, have speculated 'what if she is scared and hiding etc?' but speaking for myself it was a half-hearted notion every few days.

Her family must be totally distraught. I'm gobsmacked!
Does this have to do with the weekend meetings between branches of LE?

MOO JMO

What if Brittney is also a suspect? Would LE announce that? Their comment above might make sense if they believe Brittney is running to avoid arrest or avoid questioning. Or perhaps afraid of retaliation if she went to LE with information? Why else would she be on the run? (if that's the case)

BBM
I don't think they would announce it publicly if they think she is a suspect.
With prior LE interaction with family members re drugs etc it would make for a more strained relationship, in my opinion. That has been part of my reflections since early on before all the major issues.

Many newbies on board so we better be cautious. :)

Seems like LE are not going to change their minds IMO.

MOO

I can't imagine that LE would stand so strong on their opinion that she is alive and well and choosing not to come home unless they have information that this is true.

I can't imagine that LE would stand so strong on their opinion that she is alive and well and choosing not to come home unless they have information that this is true.

I agree. This statement is not in the same league as 'we don't have dead/alive proof.

MOO

I personally don't see how she could be on the run. Financially. And, didn't she leave home barefoot? Which apparently was typical behavior for her. However, I think if I was gonna skip town, I would have put some shoes on!! MOO

I personally don't see how she could be on the run. Financially. And, didn't she leave home barefoot? Which apparently was typical behavior for her. However, I think if I was gonna skip town, I would have put some shoes on!! MOO

What if DH gave her $$ and WBB gave her a ride from the truck stop? Truly speculation on my part but I don't believe it's far fetched. Wasn't Brittney reported to be close to her Uncle DH?

I believe she left home "on foot" and it translated, somehow, to barefoot...

At 10pm tonight Local 15 is showing an interview with SSH.

What if DH gave her $$ and WBB gave her a ride from the truck stop? Truly speculation on my part but I don't believe it's far fetched. Wasn't Brittney reported to be close to her Uncle DH?

If she is actually hiding out or on the run, something like this would probably be the most likely as far as the money part, IMO.

She had on white flip flops. It is on her Missing poster.
That's almost barefoot!

FOX10 - news update + video n
Updated: Monday, 23 Jul 2012, 10:14 PM CDT

Brittney Wood family wants investigation

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/loc...ion?ref=scroller&categoryId=10001&status=true

Wood's mother believes upgrading her daughters case to a criminal investigation would bring more resources to the investigation. And hopefully, bring her daughter home

"She only had me one grand baby, and I'm hoping that baby could at least be able to visit her mama. My worst nightmare is to be Natalee Holloway's parents never to bring their child back," said Wood.

Brittney Wood family wants investigation

more snipped
Chessie Wood said she's asked police why her daughters case isn't considered to be criminal.

"They said to swap it over to a criminal case, there has to be foul play proven. So I asked them could they prove to me there wasn't foul play? And that is where we are kind of bumping heads right now," said Chessie Wood.

There have been a number of Brittney's family members arrested since she has disappeared. None of them have been criminally linked to Brittney. But Wood thinks police should take a closer look what happened shortly after her daughter disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58