AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel that energy into FINDING BRITTNEY????? Sorry, but I got to stand up and say something here. I don't even care anymore. FootballMom has contributed more to try and find or aid in the finding of Brittney than most of us could ever hope to do so stop with that mess. How many searches have you conducted? How many phone calls have you made to authorities? Letters written? Emails sent? Fliers posted?

I don't think it is irrelevant to search and discuss whom it is that keeps bailing this sick person out of jail because whomever it is has some serious concerns about DK "spilling the beans" about what he knows. It may not take serious money to bond him out but paying for a high dollar defense lawyer who formally was a prosecutor of those that committed sex crimes takes some major dough. Didn't come from his wife's side of the family. I can understand them wanting to distance themselves from everything but if they bonded DK out, meaning his side of the family, then they got some explaining to do because they have now wrapped innocent nonparticipating family members in with his dirty deeds by doing so. As FootballMom said, once, ok, I can understand, twice is a little iffy but a third time and they should have let him rot in that jail cell.

We need a good high-five chest bump smilie for this but these will have to do:

:skip: :applause: :takeabow:

Can a person in jail work with a bondsman directly or does it require a 3rd party (who is not in jail) to help transact with the bondsman? TIA

Also, if a jailed person has available cash, does he have to go through a bondsman? TIA

yes a person in jail can work with a bondsman, no third party needed

jailed person has to have someone bring the full entire amount of said cash to bond out he wouldn't need a bondsman

Can a person in jail work with a bondsman directly or does it require a 3rd party (who is not in jail) to help transact with the bondsman? TIA

Also, if a jailed person has available cash, does he have to go through a bondsman? TIA

If the bondsman requires a signature from someone to guarantee payment other than the individual, then yes, it's takes a 3rd party.

Plenty of people post the entire cash bond- if they have the ability- because you can get it back when your case is resolved, the 10% to a bondsman is not returned.

FWIW, a bondsman only requires 10% of the total bail amount. If the bondsman is familiar with the individual, he can get them out without one penny changing hands. They also take cars, boats, rvs, jewelry etc. as collateral. A person can be cash poor and still walk out of jail.

I don't think that their ability to come up with the bond amount is in question. It might not be impossible, though improbable, that DK and MWK have the assets to bond him out but there is no way that they could afford the lawyer he has and that guy doesn't do charity work. Somebody forked over some major cash to hire this guy.

For anyone who is interested to find out John W. Beck's retainer & hourly fees for representation of the following:

Two charges of 1st degree sodomy, one charge of 2nd degree sodomy, one charge of 1st degree rape, two charges of second degree rape, one charge of incest.

Here is a link to his website: http://www.beckdefense.com/

I think that should help to clear up any questions about how expensive DK's defense is even before going to trial.

Again, IF (big IF) DK has the personal funds to pay these fees, and bail and daily electronic monitoring fees... Then I will graciously admit my mistake.

I'm not so concerned about the monetary amounts though it could allude to who is providing the funds to bail DK out and provide for his defense. What I want to know is the reason behind it. If it isn't his family, as was suggested here, then who and why? If DK is the one that confessed then perhaps others want him to be quiet about whatever else he may know. If that is the case then he is the only one of the five that we know of that has admitted to their crimes. Ofcourse all of this is speculation but we know that BW had serious ties to uncle DH and aunt WWH. We also know that DH and WWH had serious connections with MWK (WWH's twin sister) and DK. DW, BW's brother, had connections with these men as well. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together the obvious. Is it possible that all of these events, from BW's disapperance to DH's suicide, all the sex abuse, rape, sodomy and incest charges and subsequent arrests of five men (Four family members and one family friend) to the bail out of RSW and DK (three times) are all unrelated in any way shape or form? Sure but would you place a bet on those odds?

I'm not defending these guys or anything close to that. I'm familiar with the legal process involving bail, bond and shared that.

And it will be interesting to see if Mr. Beck stays on as counsel for DK. Moo

beck has done high profile pro bono work in the past (I couldn't find recent past) that is a possibility.
http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2009/oct/31/eric-buzbee-not-guilty-ar-2125994/

You provided a link to a case that Beck handled which was a fairly high profile local case. Are you saying that he took this case pro bono because he didn't. The Buzbee's are pretty well known in the Spanish Fort area. They own several properties and fishing camps. Eric's grandfather paid for his defense through Beck.

They all do because an attorney can not pay for that kind of advertising.

And... Considering "this" is going to get uglier, dirtier & deeper into the muck with the potential for... As if the current charges are not some of the worst kind... let's be honest about just how bad it could get because we have all considered the following possibilities:

Witness tampering, evidence tampering, conspiracy, kidnapping, manslaughter, murder, child *advertiser censored*, prostitution, human trafficking, drugs... what did I miss?

Oh yeah... Keeping things on the downlow & good public relations to distance any negative impact on certain individuals.

Uh huh... sure he is "doing it for free"... is this guy Jose Baez in a real suit? Couldn't be because like it or not Mr. Beck is an actual experienced attorney who is probably smart enough to not risk his career by spending hundreds if not thousands of hours defending that if he wasn't going to be "shown da monay.". Then again... Maybe he is looking for a book or movie deal ok... So maybe he could be doing it for free but I'm pretty sure he isn't. ; )

You provided a link to a case that Beck handled which was a fairly high profile local case. Are you saying that he took this case pro bono because he didn't. The Buzbee's are pretty well known in the Spanish Fort area. They own several properties and fishing camps. Eric's grandfather paid for his defense through Beck.
Round-Up - Mobile Baldwin Alabama politics
www.mobilebaytimes.com/roundup081611.htmlBaldwin County criminal defense attorney John Beck has signed on gratis to assist ... in the acquittal of Eric Buzbee who was accused of murdering Spanish Fort service ... The value of Beck's pro bono contribution to Nodine's defense is about ...

www.mobilebaytimes.com/roundup081611.htmlBaldwin County criminal defense attorney John Beck has signed on gratis to assist ... in the acquittal of Eric Buzbee who was accused of murdering Spanish Fort service ... The value of Beck's pro bono contribution to Nodine's defense is about ...

From that I read that he did pro bono work for Nodine but not Buzbee.

Let's not be naive here. True Pro Bono is representing someone that has nothing to offer today or tomorrow. Plus he is there as an assist not a primary. Guarantee he is getting something, somewhere and at sometime, for this and most analysts say that the Nodine case won't make it past a Grand Jury anyway so he gets his name attached to another high profile case and probably won't have to do anything. This case, meaning DK's, is gonna make him have to work. It's safe to say it won't be done Pro Bono so again, someone is paying for it.

Also, if you read the article then you will notice that he would have charged $100,000 just to be an assistant. Can you imagine the bill as a primary and trying to get a three time indicted rapist/sodomizer off?

I'm not so concerned about the monetary amounts though it could allude to who is providing the funds to bail DK out and provide for his defense. What I want to know is the reason behind it. If it isn't his family, as was suggested here, then who and why? If DK is the one that confessed then perhaps others want him to be quiet about whatever else he may know. If that is the case then he is the only one of the five that we know of that has admitted to their crimes. Ofcourse all of this is speculation but we know that BW had serious ties to uncle DH and aunt WWH. We also know that DH and WWH had serious connections with MWK (WWH's twin sister) and DK. DW, BW's brother, had connections with these men as well. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put together the obvious. Is it possible that all of these events, from BW's disapperance to DH's suicide, all the sex abuse, rape, sodomy and incest charges and subsequent arrests of five men (Four family members and one family friend) to the bail out of RSW and DK (three times) are all unrelated in any way shape or form? Sure but would you place a bet on those odds?

I'm gonna fly my geek flag here & suggest the applicaption of game theory (especially Nash Equilibrium & Prisoner's Dilemma) might be helpful... or at least fun, IMO... LOL!

It bothers me that extraordinary amounts of money are being spent on DK's defense to an estimated sum of anywhere from $200 - $700 per day over a 60 day period.

Brittney's family has received less than $25 per day and every dime of that was the result of them standing on the street in the July sun & begging the public for donations to find their missing daughter.

Yes, the Kent's or the "mysterious secret financier" have every right to defend whoever they want... I also have just as much right to say I think doing so is an abomination of character, morals, integrity, decency & common sense. JMO

Why on earth would any intelligent, moral, upstanding person aid in the defense of someone like DK and not so much as sneeze in the direction of his victims or the family of a missing girl who is also the niece of their precious DK?

I'm gonna fly my geek flag here & suggest the applicaption of game theory (especially Nash Equilibrium & Prisoner's Delima) might be helpful... or at least fun, IMO... LOL!

It bothers me that extraordinary amounts of money are being spent on DK's defense to an estimated sum of anywhere from $200 - $700 per day over a 60 day period.

Brittney's family has received less than $25 per day and every dime of that was the result of them standing on the street in the July sun & begging the public for donations to find their missing daughter.

Yes, the Kent's or the "mysterious secret financier" have every right to defend whoever they want... I also have just as much right to say I think doing so is an abomination of character, morals, integrity, decency & common sense. JMO

Why on earth would any intelligent, moral, upstanding person aid in the defense of someone like DK and not so much as sneeze in the direction of his victims or the family of a missing girl who is also the niece of their precious DK?

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I'm gonna fly my geek flag here & suggest the applicaption of game theory (especially Nash Equilibrium & Prisoner's Dilemma) might be helpful... or at least fun, IMO... LOL!

It is very sad that Brittney doesn't have someone with deep pockets in her corner.

In what way do you feel DW is connected to the sexual abuse case?

Let's not be naive here. True Pro Bono is representing someone that has nothing to offer today or tomorrow. Plus he is there as an assist not a primary. Guarantee he is getting something, somewhere and at sometime, for this and most analysts say that the Nodine case won't make it past a Grand Jury anyway so he gets his name attached to another high profile case and probably won't have to do anything. This case, meaning DK's, is gonna make him have to work. It's safe to say it won't be done Pro Bono so again, someone is paying for it.

Also, if you read the article then you will notice that he would have charged $100,000 just to be an assistant. Can you imagine the bill as a primary and trying to get a three time indicted rapist/sodomizer off?

BBM
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members