AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very sad that Brittney doesn't have someone with deep pockets in her corner.

In what way do you feel DW is connected to the sexual abuse case?

It won't be a "popular" opinion... but since when have I ever let that hold me back from expressing how I really feel or what I think?

My personal opinion is that DW & BW are among several victims. IMO, the abuse began at a very early age and continued for many years. My gut tells me elements of Stockholm Syndrome are probably present.

I also believe that a teenage child who was abused for many years can be easily forced, manipulated & threatened by his/her abusers into committing those very same crimes against others...

The law says it is a crime if you are 16 and older. The arresting agency is not concerned about the reasons or conditions or whether they were forced or consensual circumstances. That will be determined in court.

Shame, fear, disgust are all common reasons for victims to not report the crimes against them. I suspect that also played a very large part as to why this went on for so very long.

It won't be a "popular" opinion... but since when have I ever let that hold me back from expressing how I really feel or what I think?

My personal opinion is that DW & BW are among several victims. IMO, the abuse began at a very early age and continued for many years. My gut tells me elements of Stockholm Syndrome are probably present.

I also believe that a teenage child who was abused for many years can be easily forced, manipulated & threatened by his/her abusers into committing those very same crimes against others...

The law says it is a crime if you are 16 and older. The arresting agency is not concerned about the reasons or conditions or whether they were forced or consensual circumstances. That will be determined in court.

Shame, fear, disgust are all common reasons for victims to not report the crimes against them. I suspect that also played a very large part as to why this went on for so very long.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I had noticed DW is the only family member not charged with incest and wondered what the theory is on this.

The fact that this wasn't one dirty uncle molesting kids but SEVERAL uncles, cousins,family friends and God knows who else makes me think they were all passing the children around to each other or pimping them out. I just can't for the life of me believe that some/most or all of the adults didn't know or have any clue as to what was going on. For me..the simple fact that these men have people (twins and other family) who still support them regardless of what they have been accused of tells me people knew what was going on and chose to turn a blind eye. IMOO

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I had noticed DW is the only family member not charged with incest and wondered what the theory is on this.

That may be a matter of cousins not being considered incestuous in Alabama. Not that I am assuming the particular victim accuser is a cousin (or in any way speculating who it may be) just that IF he or she is a cousin then that charge would not be applicable (if you recall it was in place initially & then removed).

The fact that this wasn't one dirty uncle molesting kids but SEVERAL uncles, cousins,family friends and God knows who else makes me think they were all passing the children around to each other or pimping them out. I just can't for the life of me believe that some/most or all of the adults didn't know or have any clue as to what was going on. For me..the simple fact that these men have people (twins and other family) who still support them regardless of what they have been accused of tells me people knew what was going on and chose to turn a blind eye. IMOO

Clairifying my opinion: yes, I believe many knew but I also believe many did not know. I'm equally confident IMO that some who did not know would likely be in jail for assault and/or murder had they known.

There are clearly a number of evil people involved but there are also several who are not evil.

There are also some who have who may not be evil themselves but have an alliance with the evil ones and IMO that makes them culpable as well.

The one part of this that sticks out and doesn't (and hasn't all along) fit to me has been the idea of pimping or selling the victims. And it finally hit me as to why. By doing so, the perps would have opened up what they were doing to outsiders- someone who wasn't trusted to keep their secret might have found out. Another is that a lot of these guys see their victims as property. While "keeping it in the family" might have been ok to them, not so ok to anyone not in their circle.

There's also the possibility that they may not have been abusing the same victims and that they may not have all known what each other was up to. Such as one knowing another was doing something with someone, but that same person not knowing the other had also started doing it. And te first one thinking "Well, if he ever finds out, I'll just let him know I know his secret and be fine."

Oh my! I have followed this case from the beginning. The hardest part for me to understand is WHY LE is not taking BW's disappearance seriously! I get the feeling no one cares except for her parents.

That may be a matter of cousins not being considered incestuous in Alabama. Not that I am assuming the particular victim accuser is a cousin (or in any way speculating who it may be) just that IF he or she is a cousin then that charge would not be applicable (if you recall it was in place initially & then removed).

That makes me queasy...sorry :(

Oh my! I have followed this case from the beginning. The hardest part for me to understand is WHY LE is not taking BW's disappearance seriously! I get the feeling no one cares except for her parents.

BBM... Thank goodness there are at least a few of us who are not related to Brittney who also, in addition to her parents, do care very much...

I wish a few of us were in LE, elected government officials, attorneys and/or had access to disposable incomes.

Initially, one of the charges against DW was incest, but then it was dropped.
According to AL law, if WWH was adopted by DH parents, which makes them siblings is incest.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Family-arrests-related-to-missing-teen

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL Incest Sodomy Rape multiple victim under age of 16

Just like Brittney Spears, Oops, I did it again.......found some interesting stuff on DK's background....

has anybody else got the feeling while sleuthing that none of BW's friends really knew her uncles and the twins? I find it so odd that CW, SH, WH, have all stated that BW loved to hang out at her uncles, yet she barely EVER mentions them on her FB....going back years. As social as these people are, (no shyness), I would think she would at least talk about going to hang out with them or something!

Initially, one of the charges against DW was incest, but then it was dropped.
According to AL law, if WWH was adopted by DH parents, which makes them siblings is incest.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/Family-arrests-related-to-missing-teen

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL Incest Sodomy Rape multiple victim under age of 16

I still have not figured out where or who stated WWH and MWK were adopted by DH's family. I've been through nearly every immediate & extended family member's FB pages & photos from AL, MS, LA, FL, TN to GA and beyond... I have yet to find anything that would draw that conclusion...

I'm not saying it might not or could not be possible I'm just saying I've not found anything to base a sound opinion for that to even be a theory.

Additionally how would they have been able to have a marriage license issued if she was adopted by his parents? Birth certificates would have been re-issued after the adoption. Aren't bc's required to be presented for marriage licenses in AL?

(the initial DW incest charge was in error so that is why it was removed)

As far as I know, the only place I saw this about WWH being adopted and was actually DH's "sister" was in comments on a fb news site. Rumor at best. Untrue gossip probable, IMO.

I can't find the post, but she was also listed on one of those "people finder" sites as his sister.. but we all know how inaccurate they can be.

I don't think that their ability to come up with the bond amount is in question. It might not be impossible, though improbable, that DK and MWK have the assets to bond him out but there is no way that they could afford the lawyer he has and that guy doesn't do charity work. Somebody forked over some major cash to hire this guy.

I still have not figured out where or who stated WWH and MWK were adopted by DH's family. I've been through nearly every immediate & extended family member's FB pages & photos from AL, MS, LA, FL, TN to GA and beyond... I have yet to find anything that would draw that conclusion...

I'm not saying it might not or could not be possible I'm just saying I've not found anything to base a sound opinion for that to even be a theory.

Additionally how would they have been able to have a marriage license issued if she was adopted by his parents? Birth certificates would have been re-issued after the adoption. Aren't bc's required to be presented for marriage licenses in AL?

(the initial DW incest charge was in error so that is why it was removed)

BBM.. I think that LE initially thought they were related (DW and victim), then when clarified, realized they were not blood related.

Ok, so when someone mentions that their opinion is that foul play is involved, why do we automatically accept that as possible rather than require them to provide a MSM link to prove their belief? That opinion is based on what evidence? All of it is circumstancial, right? Connecting the dots, so to speak.

Could the same logic not also be applied to the opinion of whom it is that keeps bailing these guys out, regardless of who it is? Especially since they aren't going to talk as long as they know they have a way out. That's all I was trying to say.

AFAIK having an opinion on a theory is acceptable, stating as an absolute that a specific someone is positively doing something (ie-bailing out DK) without proof is not acceptable. Not only is this unacceptable but I do believe that it is prosecutable against the poster making the statement without legal back-up as well as the message board itself. THAT is why I keep looking for that statement that makes it clear on who is bailing out this guy. Opinions like butts are kind of obvious if you know where to look. jmo

AFAIK having an opinion on a theory is acceptable, stating as an absolute that a specific someone is positively doing something (ie-bailing out DK) without proof is not acceptable. Not only is this unacceptable but I do believe that it is prosecutable against the poster making the statement without legal back-up as well as the message board itself. THAT is why I keep looking for that statement that makes it clear on who is bailing out this guy. Opinions like butts are kind of obvious if you know where to look. jmo

As with all of my previous posts they contain my opinions and my theories which are derived from deductive reasoning just as most verdicts rendered in a court of law are obtained through circumstantial evidence.

Is it possible DK has the personal finances available to fund his bail, his attorney, court fees & his daily electronic monitoring? Yes, but is it likely? No. Why? Because he does not own any real estate, rents a modest mobile home & does not have any paper trail or recorded filings to indicate a net worth that is substantial enough to finance those fees (at least none that I have found in Alabama or in Mobile & Baldwin counties).

Is it possible there is an unknown and unrelated person with the financial means necessary to fund his fees and who is also willing to do so for him? Yes, but is it likely? No. Why? Because how would that benefit such a person to take such a high risk to their finances and personal reputation?

Common sense, rational deduction would result in the probability the only person(s) who have the financial means and a close personal relationship to DK to warrant the risk would be members of his immediate family who also share his last name. Is it possible that is not fact? Yes, but is it likely? You are just as free to draw your own conclusions based on your rational.

All of the above and in my previous posts are opinions & assumptions based on circumstances & logical conclusions... as much as the probability these crimes are connected to Brittney's disappearance, that there are people who have knowledge of what happened to her and that foul play SHOULD be suspected even in the absence of physical evidence or testimony from eye witnesses.

Additionally - I (personally) would not take information relayed by LE or the media as concrete evidence to base my opinions on or to draw logical conclusions... They get facts wrong too.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsan...f/2240-direct-and-circumstantial-evidence.pdf

Ummm, I'm guessing its not prosecutable because it falls under freedom of speech laws. If a politician can make political commercials in which that politician makes accusations against an opponent by making false and erroneous claims which may hold some truth but certainly do not tell the whole story then how can you prosecute someone for an opinion. Nothing has been said that is anymore slanderous than the statements that have been made against men that are awaiting trial but haven't been prosecuted for anything yet. And what about all the posts that were made saying that BW wasn't just a victim but a perp as well and that she was in on everything and running from the law. We made deductions based on what we know and what is alleged and assumed but follows logical thinking and common sense. It's that way in most cases. In no way has anyone stated that they have concrete proof of who bailed DK out, or they would have provided a link and stated as such, and no one is claiming that anything is an absolute. We have laid out circumstancial evidence that could point to the individual(s) that have bailed out DK repeatedly. Some of us have even stated that it could be a possibility, however unlikely, that DK bailed himself out three times and can afford one of the most expensive, dedicated and educated defense lawyers, that specializes in sex crimes btw, in the Gulf of Mexico region. I mean, this guy would have charged $100,000 to be an assistant on a case, which may not seem like a lot but to someone that lives in a mobile home, albeit a modest one, and makes a standard income, like the average person does, that would seem like a fortune. I know I couldn't afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member