AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the point about "verified insiders" not necessarily providing factual information at all times... However - when an insider clearly and repeatedly establishes their good intentions, intelligence and ability to dispel rumors and sticks to the facts I think that in and of itself should provide them with legitimate credibility.

Now if someone has any evidence to dispute the information that was provided or verified by Zeaux then I would certainly stand corrected. I personally have not found anything that was not accurate and trust me... I have A LOT more information than what is posted here.

Looking at the entire picture of what is known (recalled) from the deleted timeline information that contained cell phone information but was still verified to be accurate by Zeaux prior to that, the MSM articles, quotes by KlaasKIDS as a whole and even RECENTLY... It stands to reason that the call that Brittney made from Styx River was in fact made by her.

Why on earth would KlaasKIDS waste their valuable time & resources in that area if they were not certain that she was in fact there and also made that call? The simple answer is they wouldn't! They have her phone records as does LE. The logical answer is that they (KlaasKIDS & LE) followed up on her last call and verified she was the one on the phone and they did not base their conclusions on rumored information.

It really is that simple, yet here I am again trying to re-establish that fact so that it doesn't get mired in speculation and dismissed as a rumor.

Done with my rant now... carry on.

I understand the point about "verified insiders" not necessarily providing factual information at all times... However - when an insider clearly and repeatedly establishes their good intentions, intelligence and ability to dispel rumors and sticks to the facts I think that in and of itself should provide them with legitimate credibility.
Credibility, yes. Infallibility, no.

Now if someone has any evidence to dispute the information that was provided or verified by Zeaux then I would certainly stand corrected. I personally have not found anything that was not accurate and trust me... I have A LOT more information than what is posted here.
To dispute the information (about a cell phone call at Styx River) they first have to find it.

Looking at the entire picture of what is known (recalled) from the deleted timeline information that contained cell phone information but was still verified to be accurate by Zeaux prior to that, the MSM articles, quotes by KlaasKIDS as a whole and even RECENTLY... It stands to reason that the call that Brittney made from Styx River was in fact made by her.
Copy and paste of FB posts violates TOS. If Zeaux confirmed that BW placed a cell phone call at Styx River, it will turn up in a thread search.

Why on earth would KlaasKIDS waste their valuable time & resources in that area if they were not certain that she was in fact there and also made that call? The simple answer is they wouldn't! They have her phone records as does LE. The logical answer is that they (KlaasKIDS & LE) followed up on her last call and verified she was the one on the phone and they did not base their conclusions on rumored information.

I agree KK would not target an area to search on a whim. In all probability, the choice of search areas is based on sound information. So it's a fair assumption, IMO. The issue in question is whether or not the information includes a phone call placed by BW from the Styx River search area. If confirmation exists, it shouldn't be hard to locate.

It really is that simple, yet here I am again trying to re-establish that fact so that it doesn't get mired in speculation and dismissed as a rumor.

Done with my rant now... carry on.

I appreciate the fact that there are searches going on and I appreciate the fact that it sounds like LE is doing something. However, why has it taken so long to go search this area if it's based on DH's cell phone records. Couldn't they have discerned this area months ago?

Now that I reread some of yesterday's articles it gets even more confusing. I thought the search prompted by Donnie's phone records but now it appears it was a tip from LE.

"At this point, it's all about the investigation until they uncover something that would lead to another search," said Brad Dennis, national search director for the Klaas Kids Foundation."

"Right now, it's a process of elimination," Dennis said."

"The search was prompted by a tip from the Mobile Police Department. Although Dennis didn't know what exactly the tip was, the acres searched included the area where Brittney Wood's brother, Derek Wood, led authorities on a chase in October."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/11/search_teams_find_no_sign_of_m.html

Another article says Klaas Kids will go back to search the Styx River area again.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...for-Brittney-Wood/AWCn6DxlQkCjbDvQ4O-P_w.cspx

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...t-on-Missing-Teen/D-YtewuIakqlN0mD-XXETA.cspx

"I met with investigators today and they were still poring over those and trying to pinpoint each one of those calls," says Brad Dennis, who is heading up the ground search. "Every time her phone received something it was pinging against the tower."

BBM from article.

Thanks for the link Simp! Sadly this article is from June 14th and leads in with this bit that was later shown to be untrue:

"Friends and family have reported her cell phone was turned on and ringing six days after she was last seen."

Now that I reread some of yesterday's articles it gets even more confusing. I thought the search prompted by Donnie's phone records but now it appears it was a tip from LE.

"At this point, it's all about the investigation until they uncover something that would lead to another search," said Brad Dennis, national search director for the Klaas Kids Foundation."

"Right now, it's a process of elimination," Dennis said."

"The search was prompted by a tip from the Mobile Police Department. Although Dennis didn't know what exactly the tip was, the acres searched included the area where Brittney Wood's brother, Derek Wood, led authorities on a chase in October."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/11/search_teams_find_no_sign_of_m.html

Another article says Klaas Kids will go back to search the Styx River area again.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...for-Brittney-Wood/AWCn6DxlQkCjbDvQ4O-P_w.cspx

"Dennis said the search was planned for Monday based on information gathered from an investigation by Mobile Police."

The 10 volunteers searched about 30 acres all with one mission: to find Brittney Wood. Hanke said the location is based on cell phone records of Brittney's late uncle, Donald Holland.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/mobile_county/klaaskids-searching-for-brittney-wood

FYI... al.com is more of a blogger type news source and the vast majority of their "reports" are based on coverage made by other MSM agencies... AND a word of caution when relying on them - as a prime example they made a HUGE mistake a few weeks ago when Dustin Kent went back to court and were probably threatened with a lawsuit for libel if they didn't correct their article with a retraction. ;)

Thanks for the link Simp! Sadly this article is from June 14th and leads in with this bit that was later shown to be untrue:

"Friends and family have reported her cell phone was turned on and ringing six days after she was last seen."

Please tell me we aren't going to have to go digging for the dozens and dozens of other posts that were made here months ago that corrected that erroneous MSM information... :banghead:

My intention was to find an older article that discussed the cell phone pings/calls. And EXACTLY that we later found out that it was untrue that the phone had been turned back on..... The important part of the article to be noted is the quote from Brad Dennis. The reputable one, not the quote from the family. LOL

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...t-on-Missing-Teen/D-YtewuIakqlN0mD-XXETA.cspx

"I met with investigators today and they were still poring over those and trying to pinpoint each one of those calls," says Brad Dennis, who is heading up the ground search. "Every time her phone received something it was pinging against the tower."

BBM from article.

According to your link, in the article of June 14, 2012, "those calls" referred to statements made by the family that BW's phone was turned on and ringing six days after she went missing. On June 29, however, Zeaux posted these comments:

I want to hit on a couple of things that have been bouncing around...

Custody of PH
It is true that custody was legally granted to AH not long ago, but it's not as though PH was pulled from BW's arms. And BW still saw PH regularly and was in close contact with AH. This arrangement worked for BW. It was not a "last straw" situation.

BW's Cell Phone
It was initially reported by LE to the family that the phone last pinged at Styx River. However, after a week or so, LE corrected that information and advised the family that her phone pinged last at Grand Bay. That is the last time her phone pinged. The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous. When the phone was called, it didn't go directly to voicemail, so the family thought it had been turned on. The phone carrier explained to them that it had to do with the phone service and confirmed it had not been turned on.

DH's Gun
He used a 25, shot himself in the mouth. As hard as this is going to be to believe, I have been told DH did not own a gun.

Thanks!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

I just want to say, we should be cautious how we downplay verified insiders and the information they provide. It's so nice to have a verified insider in these cases and when they commit to the threads, we shouldn't accuse them of just spreading rumors.

MOO

Thank you! You said it much better than I did. What would be the incentive of obtaining the support of an insider if the information they provide wouldn't be reliable? I'd imagine they would be very offended if the information they provide is dismissed as just a rumor. I thought the major point was that they don't have to "back up" or provide links to their statements.

According to your link, in the article of June 14, 2012, "those calls" referred to statements made by the family that BW's phone was turned on and ringing six days after she went missing. On June 29, however, Zeaux posted these comments:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

How could LE be "poring over" "those calls" if there really weren't any calls 6 days later? LE was "poring over" something.
My point is, there were no calls 6 days later so, LE has been "poring over" the records and B.Dennis made reference to "those calls". Meaning the CALLS that pinged from Styx River.

If a verified insider receives false info and posts it on WS, the info is still false regardless of the verified insider’s good intentions to share.

If a verified insider receives false info and posts it on WS, the info is still false regardless of the verified insider’s good intentions to share.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5

RSBM from link: WS TOS call for discussions to be based on fact. For our purposes, facts are statement published by mainstream media (MSM), law enforcement, and other official sources, as well as information posted by members verified as insiders.

But further to the point... LE & KlaasKIDS have the phone records and several of us have provided abundant documentation from MSM links to further support Zeaux statements about the cell phone records including the CALLS Brittney made from Styx River.

So if we now need to provide further evidence to back up MSM, LE, KlaasKIDS and a verified insider then we are just spinning our wheels and going nowhere fast.

Please tell me we aren't going to have to go digging for the dozens and dozens of other posts that were made here months ago that corrected that erroneous MSM information... :banghead:

Exactly! We can't pick and choose what part the facts we believe.

08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Zeaux

"BW's Cell Phone
It was initially reported by LE to the family that the phone last pinged at Styx River. However, after a week or so, LE corrected that information and advised the family that her phone pinged last at Grand Bay. That is the last time her phone pinged. The statements made about her phone being turned on six days later were erroneous. When the phone was called, it didn't go directly to voicemail, so the family thought it had been turned on. The phone carrier explained to them that it had to do with the phone service and confirmed it had not been turned on."

Mobile PD did obtain the records of Brittney's phone pings as well as her call and text history. Her phone did not ping one time since the last ping at Grand Bay at approximately 1:47 a.m. May 31, 2012. She did not have GPS activated on her phone (within the week she disappeared she had gone to a prepaid sim card after being on a family plan and had not yet activated the gps), so it only pinged when it was in use. There were no pings between Styx River and Grand Bay in that 1.5 hour period up to the last ping. Then nothing. Anything you may have heard about her phone being turned on about a week after she went missing is erroneous information. It has been confirmed by the phone carrier that they initiated action on her account that caused the change in the ring/voicemail.

Mobile PD believes Donnie picked up Brittney near her mother's home around 7:30 pm Wednesday, May 30, 2012. They also believe he was the one who drove her back to the area those early morning hours due to his phone records. His phone had quite a bit of activity during that time frame when Brittney's did not.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5

All I know about are the last 2 sent. LE is focusing on what she sent to try to locate her. I'm not sure if they have a record of what the texts say, but I know they're following up with the one she texted last.

New information: It was to a friend of hers in the Grand Bay area who is an admitted drug user (he told LE he was so high that night he can't remember their texts). They have him on their radar and are, I'm pretty sure, trying to get his phone records. Something about his phone carrier not keeping a record of the actual texts, but I'm unclear about how that all works.

My thoughts on her text to him are that she was either trying to get a ride or to get drugs from him. He wasn't someone she dated.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

It is established that at least her phone was with DH's phone because of their pings. To my knowledge, no one has a valid sighting of her anywhere after she left her mom's house May 30. There's no reason to think she and her phone were separated prior to her arriving at Styx River.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

There was no drama to my factual statement and I stand by it.

:waitasec:
No drama to my statements either. The funny thing is, I was trying to AVOID drama. I totally agreed with your "factual statement".

:truce: Legitimate question here so please don't shoot... just trying to get to the bottom of why we are even questioning the established facts of Brittney's last phone CALL that was made by her from Styx River at 12:07am on May 31st.

<modsnip>

Simp, who are the two verified posters? I only know of Zeaux. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3