AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

I don't believe Donny knew what happened to her after they became separated at some point in the evening. I think he may have either dropped her off "alive" at a location between Styx River and the bayway (on the Baldwin side) or he returned her to Tillman's Corner.

I've been leaning towards a location near the bayway (on the Baldwin Co side) for awhile... BUT I have always had a little nagging voice in the back of my mind that he may have dropped her off in Chessie's neighborhood late that night.

The "misinformation mixup" from today made that little voice a tad louder.

JMO

So … do you think DH dropped BW off to pimp her out? to sell drugs? to do drugs? to meet a beau? to catch a ride and flee the area? to go home and she just happened to meet with random foul play? or ?? TIA

Do you think DH’s “suicide” is just coincidence and has nothing to do with BW’s missing status ~30 hrs (?) prior? TIA

How deep in doo-doo do you think CW is? TIA

I wonder if this is the one CW was talking about? It does make it seem unlikely the victim is Brittney.

But then again, it doesn't look half as definite as CW made it sound.

Here is a link to what I heard on the noon news yesterday, regarding the human remains found in Lillian, AL. I am not quite as crazy as I was beginning to believe, LOL.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...Clues-After-Human/YmURqtGn_E2fVf4PRpyhLA.cspx

Also the report at your link was first Published: 12/19 5:27 pm Updated: 12/19 5:28 pm

I've searched for all of the evening reports that I could find from Monday evening and haven't found any that even hinted at an identity of any kind. Of course there is a chance that all of us missed one from 12/18/12... but to me that isn't the flashing red light (so to speak)...

IMO... This is the flashing red light:

al.com first article Published 12/19 at 9:47 AM - "Chessie Wood said she waited into the night to hear whether her daughter's body had been found in Lillian, but by morning authorities confirmed to her the body did not belong to Brittney Wood."

al.com second article Published 12/19 at 12:32 PM - "I was misinformed," Chessie Wood, Brittney Wood's mother, said. "Brittney Wood has not been ruled out." "Chessie Wood said she heard her daughter's disappearance was not related to the body found in Lillian during a report on a local TV station."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/remains_in_lillian_not_those_o.html

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/mother_of_brittney_wood_misinf.html

So … do you think DH dropped BW off to pimp her out? to sell drugs? to do drugs? to meet a beau? to catch a ride and flee the area? to go home and she just happened to meet with random foul play? or ?? TIA

Do you think DH’s “suicide” is just coincidence and has nothing to do with BW’s missing status ~30 hrs (?) prior? TIA

How deep in doo-doo do you think CW is? TIA

Gosh Quester... I may need another cup of coffee first. LOL I'll do my best but I'm not making any promises that I will make sense.

The following are only MY opinions, working theories, etc... and are subject to change based on new information as it is learned (publicly & privately).

do you think DH dropped BW off to pimp her out? - I think that could be a possibility but I don't see her doing anything that she didn't want to do. Is exchanging drugs for sex "pimping" out? What makes it "pimping" - does it have to be regular exchanges or do infrequent or one-time deals count? Does it mean it is with a 3rd party? I have no knowledge if anything like that actually happened but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of "arrangement" at least with DH.

to sell drugs? to do drugs? - maybe both? I think there were probably drugs involved. What kind & how much? No clue.

to meet a beau? - maybe? or it could have been a friend or a dealer or another family member or a combination (they aren't always mutually exclusive) or even dropped off at "home" as in CW's.

to catch a ride and flee the area? - No, I do not believe she had any intention of leaving no matter what was going on. Everything & everyone she has ever known & loved is in Mobile. She doesn't scare easily & doesn't back down. (cliff notes versions of why I believe that)

to go home and she just happened to meet with random foul play? First - yes, I absolutely believe there is foul play. Depending on who was involved would determine whether I think it was accidental or pre-meditated. I see some people being more capable and having more motive than others. I see some people having short tempers or poor lifestyle choices and it being accidental.

Do you think DH’s “suicide” is just coincidence and has nothing to do with BW’s missing status ~30 hrs (?) prior? - I don't think DH wanted to go to jail. I also think he may have thought that if he was dead then the investigation would end.

He could have been guilted or pressured into it by someone else or he may have made the decision on his own, I can't decide about that part.

I also think it is possible he didn't pull the trigger himself and/or there was a bigger delay from the time he was found either before or after the trigger was pulled and before 911 was called.

If Britt was dropped off either near or with one of DH's ped accomplices then accidental or pre-meditated could go either way for me. He might not have known for certain what they were planning to do or if something went awry he may not have found out until the morning he shot himself that something had happened (IF he shot himself). He may not have reacted well to the news so it was either by his own hand or with some help.

Britt may not have known he took her gun, he may have bought it from her or told her he needed to borrow it & would give it back. He may have been told by his ped accomplices to make sure she didn't have it with her when he dropped her off. I only know he ended up with her gun. I think the circumstances of WHY he ended up with her gun is a very big piece to the puzzle.

How deep in doo-doo do you think CW is? - Could be the shallow end or the deep end... neither one would shock me.

I don't know if this theory has been thrown out there but... what if "someone" was jealous of Brittany's relationship with DH. That person "took care" of the problem but when she told DH of what she had done; DH went off the deep end and committed suicide? It seems that Brittany and DH were close but we don't know exactly what that means. If he was broken over finding out she had been taken out of the equation, I could see him taking himself out as well. Just a random thought...

I was just wondering if the other missing lady Nancy Craycraft who went missing in October, would her remains already be skeletonized? I am no forensic expert but was just wondering since it sounded like the remains were all bones and had been there a while. :twocents:

I was just thinking that maybe they are the remains of someone that has been missing a little longer? I guess we'll know soon.

Thank you to all the wonderful posters on Brittney's thread. Many times I cannot remember my password and cannot thank you, but I read every day, and think about what you have written. I am so pleased that Brittney has so many people who really care about her. (I do, too)
It is just after 3pm on Dec 21st here, (Australia), and there is no sign of the world ending yet.
Football Mom- I'm trying to read between your lines, but might just have to be patient and wait and see. I'm really sad that you are so sure there has been foul play. Do you think we will know what happened to Brittney one day? (Soon?)

I am also wondering if a person missing since October would have decomposed this much by December.

edited to add: After a quick Google search of decomposition rates it would seem that the conditions for rapid decay are present at the location where these remains were found. e.g. warm weather, open to the air and accessible to flies. I've read between 50-365 days depending on circumstances, so Nancy Craycraft would just fit in that window.

I am also wondering if a person missing since October would have decomposed this much by December.

edited to add: After a quick Google search of decomposition rates it would seem that the conditions for rapid decay are present at the location where these remains were found. e.g. warm weather, open to the air and accessible to flies. I've read between 50-365 days depending on circumstances, so Nancy Craycraft would just fit in that window.

Thanks for the info WhoaIsMe.... that is what I found out too after it dawned on me I could look it up. :what: lol...Hopefully, they will find out who it is soon.

Don't forget some clothing can last much longer than flesh or blood. LE may have an idea of the identity of the remains from items that person was wearing. They couldn't make an announcement based of just that though, so would have to wait for additional confirmation.

Sorry, can't find the post now, but I thought I saw a link to an article where someone from LE was quoted as saying they hadn't found anything to indicate the remains might be Brittney.

I can't imagine any Officer saying that, if they had found a single bit of clothing similar to what Brittney was wearing that day. Sadly, I think when she is found, she'll be in the same clothes she left home in.

There is a description here of what Brittney was wearing (blue jean shorts, blue tank top, white flip flops.) But it also says she was carrying a teal OR pink bag.

Is that a new bit of misinformation? I thought it was established her bag was blue. I don't understand any confusion about that point actually. If her pink bag was at home, she was carrying the blue, and vice versa. Or are two of her bags missing? And if they are, why might that be?

There is a description here of what Brittney was wearing (blue jean shorts, blue tank top, white flip flops.) But it also says she was carrying a teal OR pink bag.

Is that a new bit of misinformation? I thought it was established her bag was blue. I don't understand any confusion about that point actually. If her pink bag was at home, she was carrying the blue, and vice versa. Or are two of her bags missing? And if they are, why might that be?

I've been thinking the same thing about the bag. I don't understand the confusion. Maybe at first but by now, if she had two then one should be at home.

On the remains found: IIRC One of the articles I read said that the remains were found "scattered" across the land. Kinda made me think there were no clothes and perhaps animals had gotten to whoever it is. I may have just gotten the wrong impression tho, there may well be clothing that I haven't seen discussed.

I was wondering if Brittney's flip flops were leather or plastic. I used to live by the beach, and those plastic flip flops seemed almost indestructible.

I was wondering if Brittney's flip flops were leather or plastic. I used to live by the beach, and those plastic flip flops seemed almost indestructible.
I would guess they were plastic...I doubt leather since Brittney had no job...not being snarky...just realistic.

<mod snip>
We spent so much time trying to figure out why a 19 yr. old girl would take off walking in flip flops...then pink bag...then teal bag.

Brittney's "missing poster" has always bugged me. It seemed they picked the "prettiest and most made up" pics for the missing poster (ie...necklace in mouth). It almost appeared to be a poster for FB with flattering pics.

I saw many pics of Brittney without make-up...more plain. People needed to see all types of pics...regular pics are what she would look like if she had been kidnapped or was lost/high on drugs, etc. I kept thinking to myself...this is a missing person...not a fashion poster.

I do apologize ahead of time if anyone on here was involved in the making of any missing posters as I'm sure people used what the family gave them. I think her mugshot would have been a great pic...just photo shop out the background, and it would appear to be a regular pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member