AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
denakay who made that post wasn't a verified local, and no msm link was provided either.

This is true, still we have Brittney standing for a mugshot. I wish we knew why she was arrested. It might be a clue to future behavior.

I can't make out much from the photo to determine which agency arrested her. It looks like a fairly recent pic to me.

Original.jpg

denakay who made that post wasn't a verified local, and no msm link was provided either.

It is my understanding that "locals" aren't verified, only "insiders" are verified.

This is true, still we have Brittney standing for a mugshot. I wish we knew why she was arrested. It might be a clue to future behavior.

I can't make out much from the photo to determine which agency arrested her. It looks like a fairly recent pic to me.

Original.jpg

Or even a clue to why someone might have wanted her to disappear?

I am still doubtful about the use of this pic in a missing poster, unless it was because Brittney looks significantly different, imo, than she does in the other pics I have seen. Her face looks thinner and a little older, a little drawn.

Original.jpg

Going by the height chart, the photo was probably taken in a Mobile County jurisdiction.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Alabama/Mobile-County-AL/

The arresting agency could have been Mobile County, Mobile PD or any other jurisdictions that utilize that jail facility.

Thank you, Hurricaneangel. Transatlantic misunderstanding, though my commonsense should have allowed me to work that one out. I just need a chart now, to translate all your pound weights into our stones and pounds!

A peaceful and loving Christmas to all those working for Brittney's return, and her loved ones awaiting the news at this time. My very, very best wishes to Brittney's child too. May all your Christmases be happy occasions, little one.

Original.jpg

She is not found on MCSO (Mobile) or BCSO (Baldwin) between September 2010 (when she turned 18) through May 30, 2012. So either she was a minor or she was in another county when that photo was taken.

She is not found on MCSO (Mobile) or BCSO (Baldwin) between September 2010 (when she turned 18) through May 30, 2012. So either she was a minor or she was in another county when that photo was taken.

As Lois Lane posted above, maybe it's Mobile City PD or another local community PD, or are all the arrested taken to county? I doubt it's a juvenile mugshot only because those records are usually sealed.

As Lois Lane posted above, maybe it's Mobile City PD or another local community PD, or are all the arrested taken to county? I doubt it's a juvenile mugshot only because those records are usually sealed.

I'm pretty sure all arrested are booked into Mobile Metro (MPD & MCSO). I believe it is the same for Baldwin, small communities use BCSO jail.

As an example... MPD arrested Kent and he was booked into MCSO/Mobile Metro.

I guess a local could/should chime in but that is the way I've understood it works. Two jails for the area; one in Mobile and one in Baldwin.

Perhaps an attorney could weigh in on whether or not they could release a booking photo from when she was a minor. Are they ALWAYS sealed or are there exceptions?

CW also told another reporter LE had given her that information. But LE have said they didn't.

Maybe she got it from the article where LE said they had found nothing to indicate the remains were Brittney's.

I don't know. Whatever the reason is for this particular bit of misinformation, I still don't like it.

I don't either!
It like they know its not her!

Although this too is a possibility, to be fair is not the only case when no charges would be filed. If the other people in the car would say she didn't know what was going on, has nothing to do with it and they only gave her a ride, IMO there is nothing she would have been charged with.

Well wasnt her brother busted just before she went missing? I know he was in Jail at the time. I wonder if she was with him when he got busted and the others in the car were the girls living in that meth house where he escaped when he had his ankle bracelet on!

Just a thought!

I'm pretty sure all arrested are booked into Mobile Metro (MPD & MCSO). I believe it is the same for Baldwin, small communities use BCSO jail.

I guess a local could/should chime in but that is the way I've understood it works. Two jails for the area; one in Mobile and one in Baldwin.

Perhaps an attorney could weigh in on whether or not they could release a booking photo from when she was a minor. Are they ALWAYS sealed or are there exceptions?

I've only been able to look up current inmates in Mobile CO jail. I just now found another site www.gotbustedmobile.com

Searched by using Brittney's last name Wood (don't put in her first name) and she comes up with the same mugshot we see here. Her older brother is listed also for pot possession and improper headlights. I don't see her younger brother which leads me to believe they process minors through juvenile intake. The websites lists results alphabetically by first name.

It says her alleged violation is HARASSING COMMUNICATIONS, not the meth car thingy.

To lead this back to our present discussion of Brittney, I wonder who she was allegedly harassing. Did someone hold a grudge against her? Did she appear in court or did she go missing before her court date?

Section 13A-11-8
Harassment or harassing communications.

(a)(1) HARASSMENT. A person commits the crime of harassment if, with intent to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, he or she either:

a. Strikes, shoves, kicks, or otherwise touches a person or subjects him or her to physical contact.

b. Directs abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture towards another person.

(2) For purposes of this section, harassment shall include a threat, verbal or nonverbal, made with the intent to carry out the threat, that would cause a reasonable person who is the target of the threat to fear for his or her safety.

(3) Harassment is a Class C misdemeanor.

(b)(1) HARASSING COMMUNICATIONS. A person commits the crime of harassing communications if, with intent to harass or alarm another person, he or she does any of the following:

a. Communicates with a person, anonymously or otherwise, by telephone, telegraph, mail, or any other form of written or electronic communication, in a manner likely to harass or cause alarm.

b. Makes a telephone call, whether or not a conversation ensues, with no purpose of legitimate communication.

c. Telephones another person and addresses to or about such other person any lewd or obscene words or language.

Nothing in this section shall apply to legitimate business telephone communications.

(2) Harassing communications is a Class C misdemeanor.
(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §5530; Acts 1978, No. 770, p. 1110, §1; Acts 1979, No. 79-471, p. 862, §1; Acts 1996, No. 96-767, p. 1353, §1; Acts 1997, No. 97-552, p. 989, §1.)

http://alisondb.legislature.state.al.us/acas/codeofalabama/1975/13a-11-8.htm

Thanks Bree0372!

I believe she was arrested for the second part of your definitions; the part beginning at (b)(1) HARASSING COMMUNICATIONS.

It's more than just a hand gesture, it involves the phone, mail, or other electronic types of communication such as a computer. Wonder who pressed charges? It might be a clue somehow. Surely LE has already looked into this.

ETA: wasn't there some mention of her old Facebook being hacked? Maybe it could be something as simple as that.

Thanks Bree0372!

I believe she was arrested for the second part of your definitions; the part beginning at (b)(1) HARASSING COMMUNICATIONS.

It's more than just a hand gesture, it involves the phone, mail, or other electronic types of communication such as a computer. Wonder who pressed charges? It might be a clue somehow. Surely LE has already looked into this.

ETA: wasn't there some mention of her old Facebook being hacked? Maybe it could be something as simple as that.

You're right, gliving! I edited my post and removed the first sentence. I'm still sick; (hopefully) getting over the flu.

It depends on the charge of course but a lot of towns in Baldwin County keep inmates in their city jail. Not sure how they determine when to send to county unless it's outside of city limits. Then they go to Baldwin County instead of the local city jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl