AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zweible- riddle solved. It is from the comments section (take it for what it's worth) but it is the comment posted in all caps starting with "Chessie Wood is a liar" and ending with "Sincerely--Stockholm Citizen"
I would post it but I am unsure if it violates TOS.

If it's all in caps, you can bet your bottom dollar it will violate TOS! Thank you anyway, I saw the ref to 'Ron'. Just wondering, as r is just above the d on a keyboard, if this isn't just a slip of the finger? Hope so, I'm confused enough already, with all the initials we have in this case.

Others may know much more than me, but I haven't seen anything that gives me the impression Brittney was anything but close and loyal to her family, and loved them. For better or worse.

I just can't see her agreeing to testify against them, or taking witness protection. I read somewhere that the reason witness protection programmes sometimes fail is nearly always because the witness goes back to see family or friends. I think that's exactly what Brittney would have done. And I can't see her agreeing to accept she would never be able to see her daughter again.

And to cut a hugely expensive deal like that, what must she have known? LE have been able to bring serious charges against family members without her help, so I doubt it was that. It doesn't seem it could have been major drug running either - aren't those people usually rich?

I really don't think Brittney is safely ensconced in a witness protection programme, but I'm still unsure if she did know something about somebody that made them think she had to disappear. Or if she discovered something, or was asked to do something, that caused her to come out fighting. And lose her life in the process. This'll probably sound completely crazy to you all, but what about if Brittney was still around when DH committed suicide, and didn't think it was suicide at all? If she was loyal to him, what might she have done, or threatened to do?

BBM Whoa! Really? I don't think I've seen that yet. Could you point me in that direction or elaborate?

(MPD Cpl. Chris) "Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said."

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/a...eID=5550&SID=1

I was mistaken that the contact was after she was reported missing. It was between May 30th and June 2nd. Chessie said the last time she saw Brittney was when she walked out her door May 30th, happy as could be.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-mom-still-has-faith

(MPD Cpl. Chris) "Levy added the MPD has not received any information to indicate Wood is forcibly being held captive and said friends and family has been cooperative, although they have provided some "questionable” information.

"We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.

"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said."

I was mistaken that the contact was after she was reported missing. It was between May 30th and June 2nd. Chessie said the last time she saw Brittney was when she walked out her door May 30th, happy as could be.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-mom-still-has-faith

I wonder what that phone call was about. Who did she speak to and what was said? I guess we'll never know.

I may have missed some posts but did they ever identify the remains in Lillian?

Latest I can find is still the Fox interview with CW on Dec 20th, saying LE has informed her it will be a few days.

I know it can take months sometimes, so I do think LE must have a good idea of identity in this case.

gliving,
Thanks for finding these links. Isn't it UNBELIEVABLE how this family lied to LE who was trying to help them find Brittney! I wonder what else they have lied about...or have omitted telling law enforcement! :furious:

Thanks so much for posting this.

It's crap that they couldn't tell the truth from the start. So much chaos and confusion surrounding BW going missing. No doubt LE did not know what to think.

Does anyone know if there are any connections to the Wilmer/Fairview area?

There is a description here of what Brittney was wearing (blue jean shorts, blue tank top, white flip flops.) But it also says she was carrying a teal OR pink bag.

Is that a new bit of misinformation? I thought it was established her bag was blue. I don't understand any confusion about that point actually. If her pink bag was at home, she was carrying the blue, and vice versa. Or are two of her bags missing? And if they are, why might that be?

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/remains_in_lillian_not_those_o.html

Sadly, and just my personal opinion, but I think the description of what BW was wearing is as reliable as the she walked out of my door, scratch that – out of my yard, to Courtney’s, scratch – to DH’s, on foot, scratch - driven by DH, etc.

IIRC, even her height was incorrect on the initial missing person’s flyer.

Does anyone know if there are any connections to the Wilmer/Fairview area?

What is the distance between DHs house and Wilmer?

ETA:
Grand Bay to Wilmer is 40 mins / 30.66 miles
Tillmans Corner to Wilmer is 39 mins / 24.59 miles

I was just reading a site (a blog) and it stated:

"The young woman's cellphone was last pinged in the Robertsdale region -- which is approximately 30 miles from Mobile, give or take a few miles. Her uncle, Donnie Holland, drove near the area before committing suicide."

I wasn't aware (or maybe just can't remember) that DH drove near the area BWs cell last pinged. How did I miss that.

Mods - if it isn't okay to quote that, please remove.

Thank you!! I just saw ramblings on FB earlier, nothing official. Especially not anything that identified the body being that of a male. Sigh of relief, kind of :/

Too young to be forgotten. Too young to be abandoned. Too few chances early in life for us not to give you every chance now. For you Brittney, or, if it's too late, at least for your child.

New Year signals the future. In the future, no-one will be able to look back and say nobody cared. Back to the top, Brittney.

When I think about the police saying the family misled them surrounding BW's disappearance, I'm actually surprised anyone reported her missing at all....

I'm unclear about that. Who did report Brittney missing in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13