AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I check into this thread for updates every now and again and now it looks as though remains have been found? How close to where Britt was last seen?

I have always thought she had met her demise. It is unfortunate but if you follow the family dynamics, it is the only conclusion you could come up with.

Good grief, there are just too many bodies everywhere.

There has just been so much misinformation in this case. CW must step up to the mark for her daughter now, and make sure there is no more. And, speaking as a former journalist, I think the press should have learned to be a little careful now when using Brittney's family as the source for 'facts'.

Then again, I think all the misinformation in this case has certainly helped Brittney become the missing person she always deserved to be, rather than the strange, barefoot, voluntary runaway she was first presented as. Carrying a blue bag. Or a pink one. Hiking along the highway. Or picked up at the corner. With a phone still taking messages. Or not.

I would have been really upset about all this confusion that could have caused people not to come forward with vital information.

Except I think the only ones with vital information in this case know very well what the truth is. They're just not telling. Yet.

Respectfully snipped

<mod snip>
We spent so much time trying to figure out why a 19 yr. old girl would take off walking in flip flops...then pink bag...then teal bag.

Brittney's "missing poster" has always bugged me.

I think her mugshot would have been a great pic...just photo shop out the background, and it would appear to be a regular pic.

I know nothing about mugshots. But aren't those markings in the background meant to indicate height? Why does Brittney's show her head touching the six foot mark?

I would guess they were plastic...I doubt leather since Brittney had no job...not being snarky...just realistic.

I wouldn't rule it out. I know a girl (family) who's choices in life remind me very much of Brittney''s (minus all the creepy uncles) . I've never known her to hold a job but she is always dressed in "hip" new things when I do see her.

Just an observation Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.

I know nothing about mugshots. But aren't those markings in the background meant to indicate height? Why does Brittney's show her head touching the six foot mark?

I believe it's in inches. :) 60 inches = 5 feet.

Only the title says so. In the update CW says she was misinformed when she stated that. AFAIK Brittney was not ruled out just yet.

Honestly, I almost hope the body is Britteny's. I in no way believe she is still alive. And the thought of another victim, one we may not even know about, is unbearable.

I believe it's in inches. :) 60 inches = 5 feet.

Thank you for that. A six foot something Brittney would have been just one bit of misinformation too far.

Does anybody think there was a reason for using a mugshot photo? I just think it seems a little off. Unless Klasskids advised that from here on in, honesty is the best policy. If so, I'm not going to disagree.

Thank you for that. A six foot something Brittney would have been just one bit of misinformation too far.

Does anybody think there was a reason for using a mugshot photo? I just think it seems a little off. Unless Klasskids advised that from here on in, honesty is the best policy. If so, I'm not going to disagree.

I believe she was arrested with a group of people in a car with drugs? Not sure if actually charged. Do not have a link, but it was posted here somewhere, way back when.

I believe she was arrested with a group of people in a car with drugs? Not sure if actually charged. Do not have a link, but it was posted here somewhere, way back when.
A verified insider, Zeaux, told us that Brittney was arrested when in a car that was basically a "rolling meth" lab. I don't think we ever found any charges for that.

Do you think she was a narc....and told on someone higher up in the drug ring? A police officer recently told me that is why some offenders have charges dropped, etc. They narc on a dealer higher up and get off on the charges.:waitasec: Maybe Brittney did that and made someone very angry???

I think that could be significant, if it happened close to the time of Brittney's disappearance. I wonder if we have a date for that? I suppose I'll have to look through Zeaux's old posts if I want to find out.....

Only the title says so. In the update CW says she was misinformed when she stated that. AFAIK Brittney was not ruled out just yet.

Oh, I see Orgona. Anything new today on the remains?

Mother of Brittney Wood 'misinformed;' remains in Lillian may be missing Mobile woman

Baldwin County sheriff's badge

LILLIAN, Alabama -- After hearing a false report on a local TV station, mother of missing woman Brittney Wood believed remains found in Baldwin County were not those of her daughter.

"I was misinformed," Chessie Wood, Brittney Wood's mother, said. "Brittney Wood has not been ruled out."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/mother_of_brittney_wood_misinf.html

CW also told another reporter LE had given her that information. But LE have said they didn't.

Maybe she got it from the article where LE said they had found nothing to indicate the remains were Brittney's.

I don't know. Whatever the reason is for this particular bit of misinformation, I still don't like it.

A verified insider, Zeaux, told us that Brittney was arrested when in a car that was basically a "rolling meth" lab. I don't think we ever found any charges for that.

Do you think she was a narc....and told on someone higher up in the drug ring? A police officer recently told me that is why some offenders have charges dropped, etc. They narc on a dealer higher up and get off on the charges.:waitasec: Maybe Brittney did that and made someone very angry???

Although this too is a possibility, to be fair is not the only case when no charges would be filed. If the other people in the car would say she didn't know what was going on, has nothing to do with it and they only gave her a ride, IMO there is nothing she would have been charged with.

I know it's difficult sometimes to erase rumored information from our minds once it is embedded but the "rolling meth lab" information was not provided by Zeaux, it was provided by a local...

I think information from insiders and locals are both taken with a grain of salt??? :waitasec: I can't keep up with the SOP for that kind of info.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #4

denakay who made that post wasn't a verified local, and no msm link was provided either.

Oh, I see Orgona. Anything new today on the remains?

Mother of Brittney Wood 'misinformed;' remains in Lillian may be missing Mobile woman

Baldwin County sheriff's badge

LILLIAN, Alabama -- After hearing a false report on a local TV station, mother of missing woman Brittney Wood believed remains found in Baldwin County were not those of her daughter.

"I was misinformed," Chessie Wood, Brittney Wood's mother, said. "Brittney Wood has not been ruled out."

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/12/mother_of_brittney_wood_misinf.html

Is the last bit a quote from Mom? If so, an odd way to refer to your own child, IMO .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator