AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been told that Brittney only made it to 8th grade. Did she complete 8th? How was she able to drop out of school? Did her mother sign papers or was Britt legally able to drop out on her own?

I have wonder if they cut us All off like they did cause they aren't sure who to trust. LE really doesn't know any of us from Eve so in my mind they aren't sure who knows and does what.

That thought had certainly gone through my mind. Seems LE tends to be tight lipped about investigations in the first place when it comes to missing persons cases but there's still no excuse for not returning the phone call of a victim/family member even if you don't disclose anything to them.

Almost caught up with the new posts. A warm Welcome to BrittsStepMom! It means a great deal to have you here.

Bumping for Brittney with prayers.

Ok, let me clear this up Derek is the older brother and he was in jail at the time Britt disappeared not for the sex crimes, an unconnected charge he went in 4/2012. TJ the young brother was also incarcerated at the time I don't remember the exact month he went in but was in there a month or two prior to her disappearance.

Tj was talking about the sex crimes that was the question that the reporter asked when he gave that answer. We all 5 were interviewed that day for over an hour and only maybe 5 mins made it in the aired report.

Hi Steph!

I'm not going to get to detailed with this question out of respect for you and TJ. Please do not feel obligated to answer ANY questions you're not comfortable with.

After reading this quote, I am left with the impression TJ was not a victim, at least not in the sex investigation. Since this does appear to have a generational history, I am surprised TJ was not sexually abused by these monsters. It makes me wonder if Derek and Brittney were protecting him from something he knew nothing about. I am left with a strong feeling that Brittney may not only have been the 'golden nugget', but she may have been 'the one' who decided to stop the generational sin in the family. She had been through so much as a child and then blessed with a daughter. Could all of this made her a fighter that decided she was going to stop this before TJ or the next generation were hurt? Maybe the fighter in her became a threat to these monsters and did not realize how much of a threat. I want to believe she was a fighter and decided she wanted to be a survivor for her daughter.

This case is unusual to me in a way that I am easily brought to tears. Another case that can bring me to tears is Aliahna Lemmon. Sadly, these two mirror each other in many ways. I cannot imagine how tough this week will be for you. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Just a random side note: I don't think the person I'm referring to is a family member mentioned -ever, but was a friend of RSW. She had a picture on her FB of RSW taking a photo of her foot with a cell phone. I have no idea who took the photo of him taking a picture of her laying on the bed with her feet up (non sexual. It was a lounging pose) but her caption said "My uncle is so weird! He takes pictures of my feet!". I read it and went "Uh.... he has a foot fetish!"

I know I'm a bit tainted on these things because of my occupation but given RSW's admiration for underage girls - it struck me as him taking a photo for sexual gratification and nothing more. Why else would you take a photo of a FOOT?!? & the sad part is, she had no idea why he did it. I believe others here had seen this photo as well. I think there's many more victims in varying degrees - they just aren't aware of it because it's things like "foot pictures" and stuff like that.

I posted this link earlier and realized the link to the "organizer" is linked to the wrong FB. I tried to edit and let you all know but I ran out of time to edit so I deleted and started over. Note that the link takes you to a page that is definitely not associated with the Wood bunch. However it is hilarious that the link takes you to the real Team Brittney!! :floorlaugh:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/friends-family-remember-brittney-wood

I posted this link earlier and realized the link to the "organizer" is linked to the wrong FB. I tried to edit and let you all know but I ran out of time to edit so I deleted and started over. Note that the link takes you to a page that is definitely not associated with the Wood bunch. However it is hilarious that the link takes you to the real Team Brittney!! :floorlaugh:

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/friends-family-remember-brittney-wood

That's funny right there - I don't care who you are!!!!
:floorlaugh: :laughcry: :lol:

I guess the TRUTH always prevails in the end :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I so pleased there is a Team Brittney!

Steph, do you think Brittney went to see DH that night to confront him about the allegations she had heard via FB? I can't help wondering why she didn't tell anyone if she had been a victim of DH herself. (I want to say especially with a successful prosecution of an earlier abuser, but if her grandmother was supporting him, and her mother was close to her, I wonder if Brittney would have seen that as being "successful" in any way that counted in real terms?)
We had an abuser in my family who only abused some of the "available" kids- of four girls, he abused the eldest, and then moved to the youngest, skipping the middle two- we always assumed that he cherry picked those he "sensed" were the most vunerable/least likely to tell, but who knows why really?
Steph, is Wendy a bit mentally slow? Is she the dominant sister?

I wish I knew why she went with him that night. The friends of hers we spoke to that saw or talked to her before he picked her up said she just wanted to go somewhere and not stay at her moms house, you know just do something. I wish I knew why she didn't tell of the continuing abuse at the hands of her uncle and God knows who else in that circle. I can only guess and give opinion to that. I know when she told of the abuse by the Gma's BF she didn't tell anyone in her family she told the youth Pastor at the church. And Chessie once told me that after the trial was over Brittney told her she would NEVER do that again. I can only wonder IF she was thinking in her mind what does it help, yes he can't hurt me anymore but Gma called me a liar and other horrible things and my mom still talks to her so what good was really done? I would like to know when the abuse started, LE didn't answer that question really for us. I believe it's due we can't know everything somethings have to wait for trial.

IDK if Wendy is slow. I have wonder that myself or is she a sociopath? But yes I would say most differently she IS the dominant twin.

[/B]
We've been told that Brittney only made it to 8th grade. Did she complete 8th? How was she able to drop out of school? Did her mother sign papers or was Britt legally able to drop out on her own?

Yes Brittney only made it to the 8th grade honestly I'm not sure if she completed it I don't believe she did other than passed due to age. I know she never went to high school, had a prom or even a driver's license. Now she did drive but didn't have a license.

No, Chessie didn't sign papers to keep her out. When Brittney was in the eight grade she was 15 turning 16yrs old and then you could drop out @ 16 now it's 17 here in AL . So she just stayed under the radar until 16 and never went back.

I wish I knew why she went with him that night. The friends of hers we spoke to that saw or talked to her before he picked her up said she just wanted to go somewhere and not stay at her moms house, you know just do something. I wish I knew why she didn't tell of the continuing abuse at the hands of her uncle and God knows who else in that circle. I can only guess and give opinion to that. I know when she told of the abuse by the Gma's BF she didn't tell anyone in her family she told the youth Pastor at the church. And Chessie once told me that after the trial was over Brittney told her she would NEVER do that again. I can only wonder IF she was thinking in her mind what does it help, yes he can't hurt me anymore but Gma called me a liar and other horrible things and my mom still talks to her so what good was really done? I would like to know when the abuse started, LE didn't answer that question really for us. I believe it's due we can't know everything somethings have to wait for trial.

IDK if Wendy is slow. I have wonder that myself or is she a sociopath? But yes I would say most differently she IS the dominant twin.

I hate it that you have to put up with the trash your MIL spews at you. I had one of those. Nobody was good enought for her sons. Seems like your DH left her fold so she spews hatred at him as well. She was also the type that would the grand kids do anything. Not Healthy at all. Brit never had a chance.

Good Evening everyone

I know I'm bouncing around on answering the questions. I apologize for that I'm also cooking dinner and doing other daily chores
:pullhair:

Not that but LOL but I will be in and out.

Steph

So, DK has no verifiable alibi. Why does this not surprise me? There have been many times throughout this case that I entertained the thought that Brit was missing on her own. The fact that she had gone thru this before at such a young age with her own gma supporting the perp, well, I could understand why she may have run off. But after Steph's posts and knowing how much of Peyton's life she has missed, there is no way I think Brittney is still alive.

Steph, do you know if MWH received any life insurance benefits from DH's death? I know alot of people assume if you kill yourself that your family won't receive benefits, but that's not true. Most insurance policies will pay if the policy has been in effect for any length of time. I think you have to have the intent of suicide when you purchased the policy for it not to pay, or the policy has to be new, or the insurance has a clause that it will not pay if suicide is the cause of death.

I have always felt that DK, MWK and WWH had the most to gain from DH's death and Brittneys voice being silenced. Now that we are told Brittney was the "golden nugget", that just verifies to me how important her testimony against them would have been. No one with even a quarter of a brain would attempt suicide with that weapon. The odds that you would survive in a vegetative state are huge. So I have always thought that weapon was used for a reason.

Maybe WWH and DK thought if DH and Brit were silenced then there would not be enough evidence to prosecute.. and with how slow these additional arrests are in coming to fruition, it just may be the case for some of the players. DK certainly hasn't been punished for his part in this horror. A very short stay in the county jail is all he has endured to date.

Who the hell would be clearing out their husbands phone while he lay bleeding to death before calling 911? Who the hell would be checking out his doctor and posting how cute he is on fb for pete's sake?

Yeah, sorry... I don't believe DH killed himself. I don't believe Brittney is alive.

I believe WWH, DK, and MWK planned this and executed it. Her smug demeanor in her mug shot and her demeanor in court reek of dupers delight. As in, so what if I get charged in the abuse case? Not really a big deal when you get away with murder and reap the benefits of insurance.

Unlike some folks, I don't see any of them doing any significant jail time for the offenses they are charged with. TOO MANY times I have seen child molesters walk free to harm others over and over, doing very little, if any, time. Especially if you come from an area where family influence and money can influence LE.

I am OUTRAGED that LE does not answer calls from Brittneys FATHER, no matter who reported her missing.

I can't remember, but has TES been asked to help with this case? CUE? I know LE has to request their involvement.. have they? Or have they refused it?

I realize the aforementioned football player is not involved. I understand the desire to protect the innocent, which I feel he is... but I also know the importance of "Roll Tide" in this area, the importance of protecting their star player. I can easily see how this family would have influence on LE.

There are just too many cases I have seen where LE is nonchalant towards adult victims with drug use and a "shady" past. Where "facts" are accepted at face value because the victim is not snow white.

TEAM BRITTNEY ROCKS!!! I have been here all along and am not going anywhere. Justice for PEYTON!!!!

Again, thank you so much for coming here Steph!!!!

No, to my knowledge DH did not have a policy, his widow got survivor benefits for her and the kids though plus OUR tax dollars payed his hospital bill (medicare).

And I don't believe TES or CUE was called by LE. I called KK and got them on board. I also placed calls to ABI and was told that local LE has to ask for them and they(ABI) offered twice and was turned down. Wally and I have pushed to make this case criminal to no prevail I do NOT see how it's not! We can't even get the 2 Co. to agree on it being connected. If Mobile Co Sheriff's office or Baldwin Co would've been over her case instead of MPD I think more things could've and would've been done by now.

And I agree about them having so much to gain and DH in my mind would be the weakest link. And I have never truly bought the story that he went to the water and sat there several hours then moments before his wife finds him he puts that tiny gun to his BIG head. And how sis she know where to find him? His family owns a hunting/fishing camp but he uses a pea shooter, come on. And I also had the same thought about WWH & DK with their smug I got away with murder smile's. How in DK case can u have anything other than a blank look when you are charged with 7 sex crimes against children in 2 different counties. IMO big money family that's how.

I think Brittney knew of the allegations long before the FB thing.

Yes, Brittney did know before the FB conversation. Chessie told me and Fox10 that she spoke to Brittney about it and asked if she knew anything. Of course the answer was no.

I like your theory and I find myself thinking (and hoping) along the same lines.

It's why I wonder who has claimed that Brit was his victim. Because it seemed to have evolved into a partnership/friendship of some kind, (business selling drugs perhaps).

Police said that Brit hadn't spoken to them yet, DH is dead before he went in to speak to them. Chessie didn't know and can't believe it.

i wonder if the information came from W or who it was, and if the person can be believed, or given that it's quite probably true, what was the persons motive to give out this piece of information.

I agree, to me there was a bond between these two. I'm not so sure she was a victim of his . I do believe she knew wha was going on tho.

Hi Steph!

I'm not going to get to detailed with this question out of respect for you and TJ. Please do not feel obligated to answer ANY questions you're not comfortable with.

After reading this quote, I am left with the impression TJ was not a victim, at least not in the sex investigation. Since this does appear to have a generational history, I am surprised TJ was not sexually abused by these monsters. It makes me wonder if Derek and Brittney were protecting him from something he knew nothing about. I am left with a strong feeling that Brittney may not only have been the 'golden nugget', but she may have been 'the one' who decided to stop the generational sin in the family. She had been through so much as a child and then blessed with a daughter. Could all of this made her a fighter that decided she was going to stop this before TJ or the next generation were hurt? Maybe the fighter in her became a threat to these monsters and did not realize how much of a threat. I want to believe she was a fighter and decided she wanted to be a survivor for her daughter.

This case is unusual to me in a way that I am easily brought to tears. Another case that can bring me to tears is Aliahna Lemmon. Sadly, these two mirror each other in many ways. I cannot imagine how tough this week will be for you. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers!!!

TJ has said that he was Not a victim and knew nothing of the sex crimes. But Derek said the same thing on his way to the interview that he was arrested at and then his story changed. I like you don't see it skipping TJ. I pray it did, but I just don't see it. From what I understand no children where safe around these predators. Brittney was a Fighter she didn't take lip off anyone I could see her trying to protect all that she could.

I'm lounging on the couch with my good friend who is working on his LLM the "Doctorate of Law" so that he can be a professor, and we are discussing this case and I showed him the arrests re: the sex ring and the timeline and his opinions are that a) Why are there no Conspiracy charges for the DK/DH's child incident? B) Why isn't WWH charged for Conspiracy when LE is quoted that her husband was the "ringleader" and by her charges she is an active participant? C) When was DH told of his upcoming interview? How soon before the interview/his "suicide" and D) to NOT make Brittney's disappearance a criminal matter when LE believed she was the "golden nugget" and a victim is totally and completely backwards bc as she is believed to be a victim she would certainly be a witness, and with the two cases confirmed to be tied now.. Wouldn't a witness's disappearance on the eve of an interrogation be immediately suspect?
JMO, well, his, regarding the legal matters. Personally I am looking forward to the trials and praying that for P's state a weak link starts running their mouth.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how do LE know that Britney was a victim of DH. It seems that she was never interviewed by the police. Would it be correct to say that her brother told them?

I also think LE must be investigating W. So much suspicious behaviour!

I think LE really dropped the ball and once this happened they figured they better clean up this mess of a situation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne