AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this last night and I was reading back to the second thread. Zeaux stated that Brit was a heavy Meth user and also that DH def suicided (confirmed by forensics) and was not murdered.

I'm wondering if Brit died of an OD. DH would have given her the drugs. It could have been accidental but given the charges coming up against him, it is not going to look good for him. He also would have been feeling pretty agitated that night given the police questioning coming up, perhaps easy to anger? perhaps he went into a rage about life? Took it out on Brit as she was the only one nearby.

The question is who did HE ring that night. His phone records would be most interesting. I think he rang WWH and that is why she was so busy deleting stuff. I don't think she expected him to commit suicide, otherwise she would have been deleting stuff earlier.

She could have driven out and helped disposed of the body. She may know wheRe Brit is.

Just another idea to bounce around....

He used her and she used him, is a partnership of sorts. She didn't tell the police though. That's why I agree that he probably didn't kill her and then commit suicide.

If others killed her, what was the motive? They are already in trouble because of the other charges. So it wouldn't seem that they were worried they would talk as someone else already had and another came forward, so you would think they would have quite a few ppl to kill to escape their actions. DH would have no reason to talk as he was as much in trouble as the rest.

Which is why I suggested another theory that perhaps Brit and DH were planning to split and leave the heat for the others. Brit may go along with this if she was dependent on DH, seems like she had no fixed address and income, so perhaps. W may have found out and decided to kill them both. Perhaps far fetched, but just trying all angles :)

Although perhaps given W idiocy at telling the world she was busy destroying evidence, perhaps no rational thought went into this murder at all.

It might have seemed like a mutual partnership at the end of DH's life, but it started out with DH "abusing" Britt. I think it was manipulative and plain evil abuse on his part at the beginning of the relationship. It started out as an evil adult abusing a child, and DH kept Britt under his thumb with the bribes. He made her co-dependent on him, and probably was a large factor in her drug usage.

I'm not trying to be argumentative...but I don't see a mutual partnership between a 19 yr. old and a man old enough to be her dad. That's how I see it.

[/B]

Yes Brittney only made it to the 8th grade honestly I'm not sure if she completed it I don't believe she did other than passed due to age. I know she never went to high school, had a prom or even a driver's license. Now she did drive but didn't have a license.

No, Chessie didn't sign papers to keep her out. When Brittney was in the eight grade she was 15 turning 16yrs old and then you could drop out @ 16 now it's 17 here in AL . So she just stayed under the radar until 16 and never went back.
I didn't take the time to do the math, but it sounds like Britt probably was retained (repeated a grade) twice in school.

I am guessing in Britt's early elementary years that they moved a lot (she changes schools), CW wasn't making sure she went to school regularly (lots of absences), no one reviewing her school work (falls behind academically) and no regular bedtime (lots of tardies/sleepy days at school). The year her trial came up was probably a wash at school...who could concentrate on ABC's when that emotional stuff is going on.

I wonder if they ever checked her for a learning problem...she probably ended up with one with all the gaps in early education. Poor thing. Teenage yrs are difficult...imagine going to school when you are older...but behind peers academically. You don't have nice clothes, no one seems to care. And if you drop out, you can hang with your older uncle as much as you want and get $$$ and drugs. :stormingmad:

I was thinking about this last night and I was reading back to the second thread. Zeaux stated that Brit was a heavy Meth user and also that DH def suicided (confirmed by forensics) and was not murdered.

I'm wondering if Brit died of an OD. DH would have given her the drugs. It could have been accidental but given the charges coming up against him, it is not going to look good for him. He also would have been feeling pretty agitated that night given the police questioning coming up, perhaps easy to anger? perhaps he went into a rage about life? Took it out on Brit as she was the only one nearby.

The question is who did HE ring that night. His phone records would be most interesting. I think he rang WWH and that is why she was so busy deleting stuff. I don't think she expected him to commit suicide, otherwise she would have been deleting stuff earlier.

She could have driven out and helped disposed of the body. She may know wheRe Brit is.

Just another idea to bounce around....
I have often wondered if Britt did OD too. If DH was attached to her, then maybe that combined with the pending sex abuse charges sent him over the edge. But...if it was an accidental OD, then why not just let her body be found. Why hide it?

I have often wondered if Britt did OD too. If DH was attached to her, then maybe that combined with the pending sex abuse charges sent him over the edge. But...if it was an accidental OD, then why not just let her body be found. Why hide it?

Given his child sex abuse investigation that was happening, I don't think his dead niece being found dead at his house, who he may or may not have had sex or raped with would look good for him. Especially if he provided her with the drugs. Perhaps he first planned to try to cover it up, but then after thinking about it decided to commit suicide.

Stephanie, I hate that we have met under such awful circumstances. Love that you are brave enough to talk to us all, and hear our thoughts as to what happened. It can't be nice for you. Just wanted to send out a hug.

hi fabvab.. I don't know the laws there, but where I am, if someone overdoses and you provided the drugs, you can be charged with murder. Here they also have a law that gives you amnesty if you try to get them help.

sbm

I'm not trying to be argumentative...but I don't see a mutual partnership between a 19 yr. old and a man old enough to be her dad. That's how I see it.

I think Donnie was very much a father figure to Brittney. Seems whenever she needed, he was there to help.

And that's how she escaped Tillman Corner. :twocents:

That thought had certainly gone through my mind. Seems LE tends to be tight lipped about investigations in the first place when it comes to missing persons cases but there's still no excuse for not returning the phone call of a victim/family member even if you don't disclose anything to them.

I completely agree. In many cases, LE would like nothing better than to speak to people close to a case, but they can't because they are lawyered up. A good detective would jump at the chance to have a phone conversation where they might be able to get to info a person didn't want to reveal - or didn't even know they knew. Sometimes people dismiss a small thing as unimportant that later proves vital.*

I may be misinterpreting, but this just seems to be another example of the lack of interest and urgency that we saw at the beginning of Brittney's case, that so shocked me when I first read about it.

Just to add - it seems unprofessional to me. We have all read those news stories where a journalist is trying to follow up a story and writes 'So and so person/company did not return our calls when contacted'.

It just looks terrible when it is LE.

DH killing himself and Brittney accidentally overdosing, all the day before he's due to be questioned, would be a huge coincidence. Very unlikely, imo.

I think Donnie was very much a father figure to Brittney. Seems whenever she needed, he was there to help.

And that's how she escaped Tillman Corner. :twocents:

I think you're right. And I think Brit would've raised hell if anyone tried to harm DH. Suppose Brit and DH were hanging out that night, and someone arrived to take out DH before his meeting the next day, not knowing Brit was there. There are a few ways the tale could carry out, but bottom line, Brit pitched a fit and had to be "subdued".

I think you're right. And I think Brit would've raised hell if anyone tried to harm DH. Suppose Brit and DH were hanging out that night, and someone arrived to take out DH before his meeting the next day, not knowing Brit was there. There are a few ways the tale could carry out, but bottom line, Brit pitched a fit and had to be "subdued".

In my opinion, DH and Brit were obviously close, but father figure doesn't fit with me. I believe a codependent relationship of sorts, but I don't see the father figure. I see a young girl who used her uncle for rides, money and maybe even drugs. I am not judging Brittney when I say this, I believe she could have been a drug runner for Donnie. I think DH and BW used each other. Brittney had already been raped by her grandfather and now allegedly Donnie. I don't see her trusting any man to put them in a father role. I doubt at this time in her life she cared. Brittney maybe even learned how to manipulate Donnie. I think her focus was on her daughter, providing a different life for Peyton and simply living day by day. In my opinion, giving up custody of Peyton is proof of where her head was. I can see certain people from her maternal family giving her opposite custody advice. Telling Brittney she should fight for custody so she could receive food stamps, child support, and so on. A way of life Brittney had grown accustomed to as she watched members of her family live that life. Brittney chose not to use her daughter as a money source. I believe Brittney made a conscious decision to give Peyton a different life than she had lived. She knew her environment was not healthy for Peyton. She saw the dysfunction within her family. I tend to believe Brittney was very street smart. In my opinion, Brittney knew the truth about the real Demon Donnie. If anything, I believe Brittney knew how to play Donnie like a fiddle.

Bessie, does your theory suggest these other people tried to convince Brittney that Donnie needed to go and she disagreed? The reason I ask is because there is a time gap of days between when Brittney's phone last pinged and Donnie's alleged suicide. How would Donnie have escaped that night if he was the target?

Good Morning WSers, :seeya:

I am at work, so I will be in and out again today on my breaks and lunch.

Let me start by saying I was wrong yesterday when I said Brittney never had a driver's license. She DID get her license around her 19th Birthday but only had it a few short months before it was suspened for unpaid traffic tickets.

Sorry for any missunderstandings.
:blushing:

I agree that BW was the tie LE even said as much in the interview. As far as the family knowing about the charges I personally was told that DH was accused but I was also told by CW that he passed his LD which was not true.

As far as the truck stop no one knows if she was even taken there, it is based on one single phone ping and looking at the phone records I think just her phone went there.

Stephanie, you have mentioned you have the phone records. Since we have recently learned Brittney and DH were actively using their phones for 4 hours before her last ping, can you share with us who they were contacting? I don't know the legalities of releasing this kind of information, so I understand if you cannot share. TIA

Good Morning WSers, :seeya:

I am at work, so I will be in and out again today on my breaks and lunch.

Let me start by saying I was wrong yesterday when I said Brittney never had a driver's license. She DID get her license around her 19th Birthday but only had it a few short months before it was suspened for unpaid traffic tickets.

Sorry for any missunderstandings.
:blushing:

Thank you for clearing it up, it would be easy to just leave misinformation out there. I appreciate you taking the time to correct it :)

Friends, family remember Brittney Wood

Updated: Tuesday, 28 May 2013 | Published : Monday, 27 May 2013, 10:03 PM CDT | Andrew Perez

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - May 30, 2013 will mark one year since missing mother Brittney Wood was last seen leaving her home in Mobile.

Wood’s family is hosting a memorial vigil on Thursday, May 30 at 7 p.m, with a prayer service to follow at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/friends-family-remember-brittney-wood

Bessie, does your theory suggest these other people tried to convince Brittney that Donnie needed to go and she disagreed? The reason I ask is because there is a time gap of days between when Brittney's phone last pinged and Donnie's alleged suicide. How would Donnie have escaped that night if he was the target?

I just don't see a motive for anyone killing DH. They were all in trouble and his death just drew more attention to the whole thing. In fact it made more people come forward with abuse stories.

Re WWH hacking the phone. She must have been pretty sure Brittney wasn't going to turn on her phone again for her to be hacking it. Would you do that if someone was missing? Or only if you knew for sure that they didn't have their phone and weren't going to use it (and perhaps deceased?)
Note also that she was allegedly doing that only after DH came home.

I don't know about father figure, but how the rest of it plays out wouldn't surprise me if it's some version of this. I think she may have gone to DH on occasions but because he was the "cool" or "party" male figure from what I have gathered. To me a father figure doesn't condone much less promote drug use as I have gathered DH did. I don't know if the person even had to have shown up to "take out DH". I think whoever was there could have gone with the intention to simply confront DH about his upcoming meeting with LE and things got out of hand and from there nothing good happened.

Stephanie, you have mentioned you have the phone records. Since we have recently learned Brittney and DH were actively using their phones for 4 hours before her last ping, can you share with us who they were contacting? I don't know the legalities of releasing this kind of information, so I understand if you cannot share. TIA
Lash,

It's not something I feel should be shared just yet incase it interferes with the investigation. We want to make sure there is JUSTICE for Brittney,Payton & all the other victims!

Friends, family remember Brittney Wood

Updated: Tuesday, 28 May 2013 | Published : Monday, 27 May 2013, 10:03 PM CDT | Andrew Perez

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - May 30, 2013 will mark one year since missing mother Brittney Wood was last seen leaving her home in Mobile.

Wood’s family is hosting a memorial vigil on Thursday, May 30 at 7 p.m, with a prayer service to follow at 7:30 p.m.

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/friends-family-remember-brittney-wood

F.Y.I It's hosted by Chessie and family. My MIL called me this morning and told me it was going to be a weenie roast (?) and wants me to bring Payton. The Hanke's and Hamilton's will NOT be there! We along with OUR Team Brittney will be in our own places of reflection lighting a candle for Brittney @ 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne