AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that it is very convenient, given the only person who can contradict the family's word about the gun has disappeared.

Ashamed to say, rolltidemom, it was a pack mix, multicoloured, and I brought it without knowing what it was because it was in German. But I posted a pic on Bob's thread of all the supplies I bought before I started baking.

And a poster popped up and told me it was a parrot cake. I managed to finish and decorate it too, and it's not that bad. That's nothing short of a miracle for me!

I am going to light the candles and post it on Bob's thread tomorrow. No-one can see the beautiful inside colours though - I forgot the decoration was going to hide all that.

I'm sure it looks great and tastes even better. I'll go check out his thread:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I'm quoting my post here because I heard back from the reporter. She was very nice with her quick reply! I shared and discussed the email with a mod and was given the go-ahead to post this:

"In so many words, this was the reporter's reply: BW was underage, so the gun couldn't be registered in her name. Family members admitted knowing she owned a gun, but would not comment on how it was obtained. When she asked Lowery about the statement which said BW's gun was used in DH's suicide, he denied any knowledge of a LE source issuing such a statement. Consequently, to this day, the reporter has been unable to confirm the gun's owner."

So, I guess we should not state for fact it was Brittney's gun. Thoughts? I have a few I'll give others the opportunity to post first. TIA

I have no clue what is true and what is not, I don't even know what too say.

Its so wonderful to have you here Steph. My mind is just spinning again.. just like it did a year ago. I thought for a long time that she hitched a ride and left. My first hubby was a trucker for a moving company. Many years ago, but I use to catch rides with truckers through him all over the country. (following my favorite bands) I don't imagine that has changed much.

That said, I've often wondered what all of you would think if I was missing, compared to what my family would think. I can see all of you devouring my fb page, my friends.. and I laugh at how many innocent things can be misconstrued. I have lots of reasons to vanish. You would all quickly see this. But my family would know I would never leave them. Never. But doubt could easily be planted. Brittney had a million reasons to leave, especially if she were the "Golden Nugget". In a sex crime case, or a drug investigation? I also thought DH was the type of man that had a money stash, I have no doubt he made a good living off those pills. And I speculate on many other money ventures he may have had. I also think he was the one person Brittney could count on for money. I have no doubt he loved her and she loved him. Probably not in any version of what most people call love, but I understand it. And I bet it drove WWH insane.
Sorry, I work nights and haven't slept. Im rambling.

Why do they want us to think it was Brittneys Gun? Why would any man choose this weapon for suicide?
Steph.. do you believe in your heart of hearts that Brittney could have just ran away from all the ugly? or do you believe she would never leave Payton? Do you waffle on this too?

Thanks.

Again sorry for rambling.

I'm quoting my post here because I heard back from the reporter. She was very nice with her quick reply! I shared and discussed the email with a mod and was given the go-ahead to post this:

"In so many words, this was the reporter's reply: BW was underage, so the gun couldn't be registered in her name. Family members admitted knowing she owned a gun, but would not comment on how it was obtained. When she asked Lowery about the statement which said BW's gun was used in DH's suicide, he denied any knowledge of a LE source issuing such a statement. Consequently, to this day, the reporter has been unable to confirm the gun's owner."

So, I guess we should not state for fact it was Brittney's gun. Thoughts? I have a few I'll give others the opportunity to post first. TIA

I want you to post first! ;) "Family members admitted knowing she owned a gun, but would not comment on how it was obtained." Surely, if this was Brittney's gun it could be identified as such, by these family members and even verified by others. But it seems to just boil down to more rumors spread by the same family members who want people to believe this was Brittneys gun and DH offed himself with it. :bang:

Lit my candle for Brittney yesterday.. Yellow. How/Where do I post a photo? :) thanks again Stephanie for being here to clear up the (mis)information we have received from Mainstream and Social Media. You all are in our prayers- thank you for bringing this case back into the spotlight and for all of the time and info and insight you have donated!!
I live a bit far from the Mobile area but I wouldn't have been interested in attending the Woods' sponsored event. Instead I had my own quiet time before serving supper.

I think RSW and Brownlee are very much involved. I would love to see those phone records.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, like Scott suddenly got a conscience and called the police to report ongoing sex abuse by family members. WTF? He was charged with the same crimes.

"It's a story that technically began February 26, 2012 when investigators said Brittney's uncle, Randall Scott Wood, called authorities to report the family sex abuse."

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/spec...ssing-brittney

RSBM - I'm not sure when you started following any of the threads here, but an acquaintance of RSW's had posted here earlier on (I think they did gaming together if I remember correctly) and I believe he pretty much confirmed what you just said and refuted what Chessie said. If I remember correctly, he said RSW left on Friday. It was noted at that time that the National Guard weekend didn't serve as an alibi for him because it would have been well after Brittney was last seen.

That was One90Proof. Here's the link to his post.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

For those of you who have not seen the Memorial....

Attachments

• Rock.JPG
    Rock.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 109
Lit my candle for Brittney yesterday.. Yellow. How/Where do I post a photo? :) thanks again Stephanie for being here to clear up the (mis)information we have received from Mainstream and Social Media. You all are in our prayers- thank you for bringing this case back into the spotlight and for all of the time and info and insight you have donated!!
I live a bit far from the Mobile area but I wouldn't have been interested in attending the Woods' sponsored event. Instead I had my own quiet time before serving supper.

To upload a picture as an attachment, use the little paperclip icon and note the accepted filetypes and maximum height/width numbers. Navigate to the location on your computer and choose the photo file. Be sure to preview before posting so be in Advanced Mode.

Alternatively, if the photo is hosted somewhere, view the page it is on in another window, right click on the photo to get the url of the photo by itself. Then, choose the yellow square icon with the 2 little pyramids in it, and paste the photo's url in the popup request box. Be sure to preview before posting so be in Advanced Mode.

I hope that helps.

For those of you who have not seen the Memorial....

This could be a sweet, homemade memorial made by a loved one of Brittney's. But if money was raised for it, I cannot really see where that money was spent.

Is it possible the fundraiser didn't raise any funds, do you think?

ETA: I have just realised the words are an exact replica of those used by Jennifer Ramsaran's sister, when she was found deceased. It is probably coincidence, but Jennifer was found deceased, and Brittney hasn't even been found yet.......oh gosh, I'm trying to give CW the benefit of the doubt.

But she makes it very difficult.

Does anyone know if there are any charitable organisations assisting CW in her search for Brittney, by any chance? I don't mean search and rescue.

ETA: Scratch that question, I looked it up myself.

This could be a sweet, homemade memorial made by a loved one of Brittney's. But if money was raised for it, I cannot really see where that money was spent.

Is it possible the fundraiser didn't raise any funds, do you think?

ETA: I have just realised the words are an exact replica of those used by Jennifer Ramsaran's sister, when she was found deceased. It is probably coincidence, but Jennifer was found deceased, and Brittney hasn't even been found yet.......oh gosh, I'm trying to give CW the benefit of the doubt.

But she makes it very difficult.

I suppose it's possible no funds were raised - but not likely. The company that made the T-Shirts donated to them to CW. On FB, she posted that the profit from the sales of the T-Shirts would go to "search for Brittney". The next day she said to "buy a memorial rock and make a garden". No idea how much she raised from the T-Shirts. She was asking for $20, but accepted donations of any amount.
I agree, CW makes it very difficult to give her any benefit of doubt. I'm pretty much beyond the generous stage in my opinions of her, so I'll let that slide to avoid a TO.
"Until We Meet Again" generally implies that someone is gone and will be rejoined in Heaven someday.
"Memorials" aren't usually done for living people either.

I have to agree. The stone resembles a gravestone to me. The message implies Brittney is gone forever. There is no urgency about it and I'm sure anyone who wasn't familiar with Brittney's case would not think they still needed to look for her.

They'll think she is dead and has already been brought home.

I can say for a fact, Wally and I never heard mention of Brittney having a gun until the morning of June 2,2012 when Chessie told us she was waiting to hear what kinda of gun DH used since Brittney had a gun with 2 bullets. And the person that she supposedly bought the gun from denied it due to not his gun either. But AH told us & LE that said "guy" did have that gun or on identical like 2 weeks prior . AH told us & LE he saw it when guy put it in AH's face. But no report was filed. So I have NO idea who's gun that was.

You could go with the theory that Britt got it and sold it to DH or WWH for that matter. Or you could go with the story CW has said from the beginning that it was Britt's

:fence:

Its so wonderful to have you here Steph. My mind is just spinning again.. just like it did a year ago. I thought for a long time that she hitched a ride and left. My first hubby was a trucker for a moving company. Many years ago, but I use to catch rides with truckers through him all over the country. (following my favorite bands) I don't imagine that has changed much.

That said, I've often wondered what all of you would think if I was missing, compared to what my family would think. I can see all of you devouring my fb page, my friends.. and I laugh at how many innocent things can be misconstrued. I have lots of reasons to vanish. You would all quickly see this. But my family would know I would never leave them. Never. But doubt could easily be planted. Brittney had a million reasons to leave, especially if she were the "Golden Nugget". In a sex crime case, or a drug investigation? I also thought DH was the type of man that had a money stash, I have no doubt he made a good living off those pills. And I speculate on many other money ventures he may have had. I also think he was the one person Brittney could count on for money. I have no doubt he loved her and she loved him. Probably not in any version of what most people call love, but I understand it. And I bet it drove WWH insane.
Sorry, I work nights and haven't slept. Im rambling.

Why do they want us to think it was Brittneys Gun? Why would any man choose this weapon for suicide?
Steph.. do you believe in your heart of hearts that Brittney could have just ran away from all the ugly? or do you believe she would never leave Payton? Do you waffle on this too?

Thanks.

Again sorry for rambling.

That is such a Good question. At first when all the arrest started I did think she ran off but as time went by end of June then July I no longer thought she was alive. No, I don't believe she would've been gone from Payton or everything she has ever known for this long. I bought into the she's in PC for the longest until LE told me and I truly believed him that he would tell me if she was that he wouldn't let us continue to hurt like this. And that why have her in PC they already had all the other witnesses willing to tell all they knew.

I suppose it's possible no funds were raised - but not likely. The company that made the T-Shirts donated to them to CW. On FB, she posted that the profit from the sales of the T-Shirts would go to "search for Brittney". The next day she said to "buy a memorial rock and make a garden". No idea how much she raised from the T-Shirts. She was asking for $20, but accepted donations of any amount.
I agree, CW makes it very difficult to give her any benefit of doubt. I'm pretty much beyond the generous stage in my opinions of her, so I'll let that slide to avoid a TO.
"Until We Meet Again" generally implies that someone is gone and will be rejoined in Heaven someday.
"Memorials" aren't usually done for living people either.

I have no idea how much money was raised but I know my MIL paid $25 for hers (yes Chessie charged paternal family) and several of other paternal family members and Britt's friends gave from $10-$20 a shirt. I counted over $100 from just the one's that talked to me about it.

I have no idea how much money was raised but I know my MIL paid $25 for hers (yes Chessie charged paternal family) and several of other paternal family members and Britt's friends gave from $10-$20 a shirt. I counted over $100 from just the one's that talked to me about it.

IMO She overpaid for the Sharpie.

I know I live in Germany but.....I thought the USA worked the same kind of way that England and Germany does. That a person can't just say they are collecting for charity, take the money and that's the end of it.

I thought all monies have to be accounted for - what comes in, and what goes out. Otherwise, it might look like a person has made a profit, and then they would have to account for it to the IRS, or to any authority that pays any social security benefits, or anything like that.

I'm surprised it is so free and easy in the US - over here, you could get in serious trouble for failing to follow the rules, and you would be made to pay the money back, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas