AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to page 1 is where Brittney belongs!

This has seriously gone on too damn long! Where the heck is Brittney?

I'm afraid any of Brittney's friends with any info are gravitating towards Chessie, rather than talking to Police. That means LE will never get to hear about it, I think.

I really wonder how well attended this vigil will be, with the charges Chessie is facing? I don't think it does Brittney's case any favors having her hold them at the moment, frankly. In this case, I think bad publicity is not better than no publicity. Chessie should allow someone not facing charges to step up until her trial is over, I think.

I think I would end up with an assault charge or I would go in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

This, sadly, did make me laugh.

OT- recently a man was convicted (in my neck of the woods) of raping a 14 year old girl in 2004. He was caught via DNA, he was arrested last year on an unrelated matter, and a sample was taken that matched the 2004 crime sample. It was a revolting crime in several ways. He had attacked the girl at 3AM, on a street, wearing a balaclava. He had then, six months later, met the girl socially- she had not recognised him, without his balaclava, and I guess when she wasn't fearful for her life, and dated her for six months, in what the prosecution said was an attempted effort to control what happened with the police complaint. During this time, one of his friends was arrested for the rape, but released after DNA cleared him. The rapist would have been in his early 30s in 2004, and married with children.

At his trial, a few weeks ago, the rapist said that he had meet the girl, a total stranger, at 3AM on a street, and that she, after assuring him that she was 18, had propositioned him, and that they had had sex in the nearby bushes. He said that the six month relationship the girl described was pure fabrication. Not a drop of remorse, but he still only got a maximum of four years, minimum of two.

I meet this - earlier this year he built a fence along the side of our house. I made him cups of coffee, and listen to him whinge about his wife leaving him. (Gee, I wonder why?) At that time I had no idea that he was facing charges. (He was also quiet about the pregnant girlfriend, and his reputed ability to "supply anything")

I swear, if I hear one more person say "well, why was she on the street at 3AM", I probably will be facing assault charges myself. It is not criminal to be alone in the street at 3AM, although it is very dangerous, as this girl found. (Actually she was on the street at that time looking for somewhere to sleep, she was homeless, and had been turned away from a home already) And, although at 14 she may have thought she was pretty adult like, she was a child, who should have been looked after. (I know no details of her homelessness, perhaps her parents had good reasons, but whatever they were, she wasn't out on the street at 3AM victimising somebody. She was the victim)

It's made me really think.

Are we able to get copies of areas previously searched? Or some type of description.

I went driving around Stix river today, but only was able to be thinking of Brittney since I had no clue how to search. Then the thought hit me, the purse/backpack she had with her. If we know anyone that could find a similiar one on the web, we could make images to post up and down the Stix road.

I did pull over in Daphne and walked the boardwalk. Just because I was thinking of her, however it was extremely hard to see anything in all the brush. And way too dangerous to venture off the path. But, there were no posters any where. That would be something I can do, so next question, where do we get the posters of Brittney? Just print them off the web? If I could get one, I can make my own copies and post away.

Where are you Brittney.

Are we able to get copies of areas previously searched? Or some type of description.

I went driving around Stix river today, but only was able to be thinking of Brittney since I had no clue how to search. Then the thought hit me, the purse/backpack she had with her. If we know anyone that could find a similiar one on the web, we could make images to post up and down the Stix road.

I did pull over in Daphne and walked the boardwalk. Just because I was thinking of her, however it was extremely hard to see anything in all the brush. And way too dangerous to venture off the path. But, there were no posters any where. That would be something I can do, so next question, where do we get the posters of Brittney? Just print them off the web? If I could get one, I can make my own copies and post away.

Where are you Brittney.

There was some confusion about the bag Brittney may have had with her - pink or teal? I think teal was decided on, but I don't think there's much chance CW will provide any more details now, somehow. I recall a good picture of a teal one upthread, that showed what the color might have been like.

More reliably imo, Steph said Brittney's red metal hair straighteners were missing. Maybe small travel ones like these, if she was carrying them around? Steph also said Brittney also wore makeup and carried some around. I think we were trying to find photos of something similar way back. I'll look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 30
I've been watching Brittney's name come up, and was scared to click. I thought she might have been found.

I feel so, so sorry for the people who really love Brittney, who have to go through this.Thank heavens her child is so young.

I wonder if we could get some of our SAR people over, to contribute ideas on searches? But they are so busy, I think they would need a separate SAR thread, as they just wouldn't get time to go through a general thread. Have you seen Bob's, Rolltidemom? Do you think something like that could help?

Here and happy to help.

Can someone condense for me the areas that have been previously searched, by whom, and utilizing what resources?
TIA!

This, sadly, did make me laugh.

OT- recently a man was convicted (in my neck of the woods) of raping a 14 year old girl in 2004. He was caught via DNA, he was arrested last year on an unrelated matter, and a sample was taken that matched the 2004 crime sample. It was a revolting crime in several ways. He had attacked the girl at 3AM, on a street, wearing a balaclava. He had then, six months later, met the girl socially- she had not recognised him, without his balaclava, and I guess when she wasn't fearful for her life, and dated her for six months, in what the prosecution said was an attempted effort to control what happened with the police complaint. During this time, one of his friends was arrested for the rape, but released after DNA cleared him. The rapist would have been in his early 30s in 2004, and married with children.

At his trial, a few weeks ago, the rapist said that he had meet the girl, a total stranger, at 3AM on a street, and that she, after assuring him that she was 18, had propositioned him, and that they had had sex in the nearby bushes. He said that the six month relationship the girl described was pure fabrication. Not a drop of remorse, but he still only got a maximum of four years, minimum of two.

I meet this - earlier this year he built a fence along the side of our house. I made him cups of coffee, and listen to him whinge about his wife leaving him. (Gee, I wonder why?) At that time I had no idea that he was facing charges. (He was also quiet about the pregnant girlfriend, and his reputed ability to "supply anything")

I swear, if I hear one more person say "well, why was she on the street at 3AM", I probably will be facing assault charges myself. It is not criminal to be alone in the street at 3AM, although it is very dangerous, as this girl found. (Actually she was on the street at that time looking for somewhere to sleep, she was homeless, and had been turned away from a home already) And, although at 14 she may have thought she was pretty adult like, she was a child, who should have been looked after. (I know no details of her homelessness, perhaps her parents had good reasons, but whatever they were, she wasn't out on the street at 3AM victimising somebody. She was the victim)

It's made me really think.

O/T- when Mickey Shunick went missing last summer, she was riding her bike home at 2am. I can't tell you how many people said things like "well, what do you expect when you're riding your bike alone at 2am?" Stuff like that infuriates me. It may not be the smartest thing to be out alone at 2am or 3am, but the victims were doing nothing illegal- the people who attacked them were. Ugh!!!!

Back to Britt-
Can anyone condense for me based off of FB posts (I know some of you followed them) of WWH, CW, and MWK where they were during the hours between when we think Britt left Chessie's and DH being found in his truck? Those might be the areas to search (or search again if they've been searched before).

Here and happy to help.

Can someone condense for me the areas that have been previously searched, by whom, and utilizing what resources?
TIA!
:seeya: Oriah!!!! Thank you for coming in to help!!
Styx River has been searched by KK and Steph thought it was pretty thorough. KK searched the dirt pit off Quimby and near the Meth house area. Then our group searched the cut through road from I10 to Causeway. The area at Styx River where she was last known to be was searched by K9, LE and her family. The area where DH was shot was searched as well. Steph was at this search too. I think K9 was used. CW has said they have searched places but Im pretty sure that was BS. If anyone remembers any other places please post. I will ask Steph about others as well.

:seeya: Oriah!!!! Thank you for coming in to help!!
Styx River has been searched by KK and Steph thought it was pretty thorough. KK searched the dirt pit off Quimby and near the Meth house area. Then our group searched the cut through road from I10 to Causeway. The area at Styx River where she was last known to be was searched by K9, LE and her family. The area where DH was shot was searched as well. Steph was at this search too. I think K9 was used. CW has said they have searched places but Im pretty sure that was BS. If anyone remembers any other places please post. I will ask Steph about others as well.

From what I understand KK has searched many areas that they didn't share with us because nothing was found. There are MANY area's that Wally and I searched. And I agree with Rolltidemom, I do not trust that areas claimed searched by CW or any of her family as being truly searched. There was a area called Hippy Beach that sticks out in my mind I know KK spend 3 days there searching and came up with nothing. But remember the searched was called off in BC (roston) before completed due to the single grandbay ping. I do NOT fell that all of Styx can be called cleared there are so many wooded or water filled areas between CW's house and the Styx house and the area in Fairhope where DH was found.

I am sorry I have been MIA for a bit.

Nothing new in Brittney's case.

Some of y'all know I have an autistic child and he has been having some problems with transition into his new school. So I have been giving him all the help/attention that he needs. But I am back for now. Hoping for something to come to light soon.

From what I understand KK has searched many areas that they didn't share with us because nothing was found. There are MANY area's that Wally and I searched. And I agree with Rolltidemom, I do not trust that areas claimed searched by CW or any of her family as being truly searched. There was a area called Hippy Beach that sticks out in my mind I know KK spend 3 days there searching and came up with nothing. But remember the searched was called off in BC (roston) before completed due to the single grandbay ping. I do NOT fell that all of Styx can be called cleared there are so many wooded or water filled areas between CW's house and the Styx house and the area in Fairhope where DH was found.

Thank you both for being so specific and helping me get up to speed.I'm so very sorry you're having to deal with not knowing where Brittney is. It sounds as though you might feel you've run out of ideas on where to search next- maybe I can help. If it would be okay with you, I'd like to open a thread in the SAR forum for Brittany? Separating search info from discussion really helps us to remain focused on search efforts and possible locations. I'll pull up a grid map and start working on it this evening.

Thank you both for being so specific and helping me get up to speed.I'm so very sorry you're having to deal with not knowing where Brittney is. It sounds as though you might feel you've run out of ideas on where to search next- maybe I can help. If it would be okay with you, I'd like to open a thread in the SAR forum for Brittany? Separating search info from discussion really helps us to remain focused on search efforts and possible locations. I'll pull up a grid map and start working on it this evening.

That would be awesome! !!!!! Thank you so very much and thank you Zwiebel for the information you provided!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Is there a donation fund setup too help fund the searches? I can't do much being so far away but would love too help in anyway possible.

Is there a donation fund setup too help fund the searches? I can't do much being so far away but would love too help in anyway possible.

Not at this time. There was one that CW set up and last I checked acct was closed.

But on a positive note the reward acct is still open I check it regularly.

Not at this time. There was one that CW set up and last I checked acct was closed.

But on a positive note the reward acct is still open I check it regularly.

Is the full amount raised [or publicly acknowledged :confused:] still in the reward acct? TIA

Has anyone brought forth info in an attempt to claim some/all of the reward? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WickedDreamer83