Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a daughter or had a daughter that was and is gone mentally. We tried getting her all the help here in UK the mental health help was pitiful.
It’s no different in the United States, the failure to provide adequate mental health care is ignored and families are left struggling for support that doesn’t exist. Praying for your continued strength.

My heart breaks for this family.

Ditto

And also, for the entire community who stood up for her.

She managed to set back and erase any progress made in recognizing the fight for missing young black American females.
Similar to what J Smollett did with his fake hoax. It's truly shameful, IMO.

ETA: A Subway sammie now has the same connotation as a box of Cheeze-its in my eyes.

MOO and Peace

Since learning there was no abduction and this was all just a big hoax, there's a comment by Mrs. Russell replaying in my head that's very disturbing to me.

It was very early when Mrs. Russell shared that before her daughter vanished on Thursday night, July 13, she'd made a mental note to herself to honor CR when she got home that evening because CR had told her mother she was going to give her the take-out entre because the order got messed up and she only received a single entre.

Occupying her mother's mind was to remember to make a fuss over CR for giving up her meal when all along, CR knew she wasn't making any sacrificial gesture that evening because she had no plans to go home that night.

CR knew that soon her mother was going to be on her knees, sick with worry over CR, and throwing in the story about the food shortage was like giving a dog a bone.

I dunno -- maybe it's just me but I find this especially cruel and manipulative. This act was no misunderstanding -- it was intentional. JMO

I never understood if there were actually 2 orders and one was just messed up or if there were supposed to be 2 orders and she only got one? If the latter, it makes you wonder if there really was a mistake with the order or did CR just plan to take one order with her on her adventure and tell her mom about the error so it wouldn't look suspicious when only one meal was found in the car.

1. Unemployable? 2. Nursing Career Over? 3. Reputation Gone?
She is unemployable following that escapade.
Her nursing career is over, she will be considered unsafe.
her reputation is gone if she stole and it appears she did....
snipped for focus @kittythehare
1. CR may be unemployable in her choice(s) of HOPED-FOR & DREAMED-OF POSITIONS.
Unemployable for immediate/near future in a given geographical region, for other positions? Possibly.
Sure, soc. media a/c's may be 'out there forever,' but some employers' background checks may whiz right by her history & MSM without so much as noticing a blip on the radar.
Personally doubting that CR is unemployable, period, for her lifetime, for all employment nationwide, but imo she may need to adjust (lower) her expectations.

2. CR may have been working toward a nursing career ATM.
W no factual basis (linked) about her nursing school progress/status, I'm not commenting on whether "her nursing career is over."
AFAIK, she was not licensed or registered or accredited to practice nursing in the state of AL.*

3. Reputation? Seems that is in the eye of the beholder.
As of yet, no crim charges, no trial, no conviction.
Some ppl --- such as potential employers, neighbors, or friends --- learning of crim convictions (hypo, atm) may not bat an eye. And they may give her actions and these events, including LE’s stmts, no weight in assessing her reputation.
If CR is later convicted on any crim charges, some (many or most?) here on WS would not care to associate w her.
But even if no crim charges are filed or if she is found NG, some here would not care to associate w her, simply based upon what we have learned thru MSM, LE stmts, and her own FB & Insta a/c’s.
Differing expectations about "reputation."

imo jmo moo

https://www.abn.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Article-2-Licenses.pdf (w bases for DENIAL of Nursing License)

Unemployable for immediate/near future in a given geographical region, for other positions? Possibly.
Sure, soc. media a/c's may be 'out there forever,' but some employers' background checks may whiz right by her history & MSM without so much as noticing a blip on the radar.
Personally doubting that CR is unemployable, period, for her lifetime, for all employment nationwide, but imo she may need to adjust (lower) her expectations.

W no factual basis (linked) about her nursing school progress/status, I'm not commenting on whether "her nursing career is over."
AFAIK, she was not licensed or registered or accredited to practice nursing in the state of AL.*

Some ppl --- such as potential employers, neighbors, or friends --- learning of crim convictions (hypo, atm) may not bat an eye. And they may give her actions and these events, including LE’s stmts, no weight in assessing her reputation.
If CR is later convicted on any crim charges, some (many or most?) here on WS would not care to associate w her.
But even if no crim charges are filed or if she is found NG, some here would not care to associate w her, simply based upon what we have learned thru MSM, LE stmts, and her own FB & Insta a/c’s.

imo jmo moo

https://www.abn.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Article-2-Licenses.pdf (w bases for DENIAL of Nursing License)

She may surprise us all and take opportunity to take assessment of life and make positive changes. Child predators are unemployable while liars are sometimes repairable.

imo jmo moo

She may surprise us all and take opportunity to take assessment of life and make positive changes. Child predators are unemployable while liars are sometimes repairable.

imo jmo moo

I may have missed this but was the car Carlee was driving recovered? Was it her parents or her own car? I read reports after her return home that she walked down her street to her home and collapsed outside her door or something to that effect.
It was her car. She’s made posts on SM about it. I didn’t see anything about her collapsing, only that her mother said she was unresponsive when she came through the door and that the mother couldn’t even touch her because she would cringe.

She has been fired.

“As the information came out that there were some questionable things, we’ve been a little pissed off, mainly because so many people took so much time out to search,” Rome said.

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said. “Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”

She has been fired.

“As the information came out that there were some questionable things, we’ve been a little pissed off, mainly because so many people took so much time out to search,” Rome said.

In addition, the spa has been getting slammed with nasty social media messages and damaging one-star reviews because of its affiliation with Russell.

“Basically, we’ve spent the last day battling to get things deleted,” he said. “Comments. I’ve had to shut down my comment section on Instagram and Facebook page which hurts us because we do a lot of marketing there. We’re just trying to keep the doors open.”
They have a right to be angry. It’s mean to get people worried over nothing.

I never understood if there were actually 2 orders and one was just messed up or if there were supposed to be 2 orders and she only got one? If the latter, it makes you wonder if there really was a mistake with the order or did CR just plan to take one order with her on her adventure and tell her mom about the error so it wouldn't look suspicious when only one meal was found in the car.
I would think that LE would be on this, checking at the restaurant to see what was actually ordered

She has been fired.

Gosh people are silly, what's the benefit of ruining someone's business, who are also victims of CR

Still, advocates and experts say her story should not diminish the reality that tens of thousands of Black people go missing each year in cases that rarely make national headlines or receive meaningful investigations from law enforcement.

“I would never apologize for believing a Black girl given what we know about what happens to missing Black girls and women,” said Treva Lindsey, a professor of women’s, gender, and sexuality studies at Ohio State University. “Our job is to believe first, and put the energy and resources behind it and then see what happens.”

Lindsey said that although Russell’s case may not be what people initially thought it was, she was encouraged by the collective care extended to her.

“That’s one of the first times I’ve seen that kind of groundswell around a missing Black girl, a woman, in quite some time,” she added. “Every missing person deserves that kind of investment.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*