AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can forgive. My faith calls me to it and it's engrained in my personality. I believe in recovery after a fall. I have hope for Carlee.

But that does not mean that Carlee shouldn't be held responsible. If there are criminal charges, she should face them. If there is a monetary charge, she should pay it. And, she needs to work to restore people's trust of her - and that does indeed take work, not hiding behind a statement read by someone else.

jmo

No doubt pressure from social media influenced her admission of false statements. I only hope that she takes accountability for actions and seeks help in improving her life because she’s aware of issues and not as a response to satisfy the public. Honesty is key factor here.
Improving her life? I know EXACTLY what you mean. But as far as material things, which matter to some people, her life is pretty sweet as it is. She may not care much about the inner quality of her life. I guess we'll see. MOO The longer this goes on, the more she just appears to be an overgrown spoiled rich brat.

My interpretation of the CR household recently:

CR: "I am so so sorry, Mom and Dad....that I made fools of you , along with myself on the National News." "Can you forgive me?"
< insert fake eyelash bat here..>

Mom and Dad: " Sure, princess! We will hire the best attorney for you that money can buy!"

Grrrrr

If the attorney is a show boat why didn't he make the statement on behalf of his client? Was the Police Chief obligated to make that statement? Curious about that. I wonder if he was hired at the last minute this afternoon and had to quickly create a statement and stop the meeting between Carlee and LE. Would love to know the timeline and how all of this went down. jmo

I can forgive. My faith calls me to it and it's engrained in my personality. I believe in recovery after a fall. I have hope for Carlee.

But that does not mean that Carlee shouldn't be held responsible. If there are criminal charges, she should face them. If there is a monetary charge, she should pay it. And, she needs to work to restore people's trust of her - and that does indeed take work, not hiding behind a statement read by someone else.

jmo
Totally agree.

However.

SHE needs to woman up and apologize with her own face, mouth, and voice.

If I do something wrong to a friend, I do the apologizing. I don't send a friend to say, "she apologizes."

As I said before, she's a coward.

All MOO. I know others disagree, and I get it, because I feel angry on the police chief’s behalf, but I think he read the statement to make a point. Still, we (as in the police department) are the ones up here doing our utmost, and she is still hiding, behind her (very expensive) lawyer now, not Mom’s skirt. I don’t believe for one moment that she’s got an actual medical problem, she has “immaturity” “petulance” and the favourite buzz word “entitlement“. It’s been a fortuitous series of events for the boyfriend, he, unlike Mr. Papini, (quote “I’m just the idiot who believed her.”) doesn’t have a long legal process to escape her, or shared children to worry about.
OMO

Police will meet with Anthony on Tuesday, he said. Investigators were supposed to meet with both Russell and Anthony on Monday, but the attorney emailed the statement and asked the chief to read it to the media.

“I think people are always looking for an excuse not to care about these types of stories involving Black women,” Amara Cofer, the creator and host of "Black Girl Gone," a podcast that highlights missing Black women and girls, told Yahoo News. “It's sad that after so much time of wanting stories of missing Black women to get this type of attention, the story that does end up getting it is essentially a hoax.”

Eric Guster, a Birmingham, Ala.-based former criminal defense lawyer and civil litigator, called the unraveling of Russell’s story a “setback.”

“In the criminal justice system, whenever you have [kidnapping] stories like this, it makes convictions harder to achieve because the juror will remember this fake one,” he said. “And that would be in that person's mind.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/24/us/carlee-russell-missing-alabama-police/index.html

My interpretation of the CR household recently:

CR: "I am so so sorry, Mom and Dad....that I made fools of you , along with myself on the National News." "Can you forgive me?"
< insert fake eyelash bat here..>

Mom and Dad: " Sure, princess! We will hire the best attorney for you that money can buy!"

Grrrrr
One wonders if the attorney fees and restitution that they will likely pay on her behalf will start tapping out their own finances, though. And if there are any negative career impacts on them, she may end up really losing out on that high-class living so emphasized in her photos.

IMO, CR should be made to stand on her front porch, apologize personally to the community and the Media. She should be wearing the T-shirt that says:

I MAKE MY MOM SAD WITH MY CHOICES
( available @ ama*on )

But.....sadly, that is a dream.

Shame on her. And her enabling family.
MOO

If she sought health care out-of-state and had assistance, it makes sense that she’d be reluctant to identify that person.

I think this was just attention-seeking, though.
I agree with this and I’ve thought about it quite a bit. If she was seeking out of state healthcare the last thing you’d want to do is draw attention to yourself. Just tell your family you’re having a meltdown and you’re taking a few days off for mental health. No one would question it and you could still be in touch with them via your phone.

Also, didnt her attorney say in the presser today that she never left the Hoover area?

Time to move on...

To all of Jefferson County, Alabama, hold your heads up high. You did the right thing (if not for the wrong person), and sweet karma rewards. Peace out. x

Well, I'm not in Jefferson County, Alabama, but in nearby (neighboring) Shelby County, Alabama! We don't cotton to any nonsense in this County!

Finally the truth comes out! This looked like a hoax from the beginning. At least she is responsible for the costs of the search. That's the least she can do.

If she, or anyone she knows, received any financial donations, she should be forced to return the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay