AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even misdemeanors can carry one year sentences.

With “good time” a year could easily be shaved down to less than half that time. I’m not sure locking her up is the best solution until it’s known why she did it. Surely she has reason? Her ridiculous kidnapping story after the fact was so poorly crafted did she really expect anyone to believe it or what was the point?

Time to move on...

To all of Jefferson County, Alabama, hold your heads up high. You did the right thing (if not for the wrong person), and sweet karma rewards. Peace out. x

I live in the south and the physical suffering they did searching is impressive! Alabama summer heat and humidity are horrible, that in itself for a fake kidnapping is unforgivable to me.

Finally the truth comes out! This looked like a hoax from the beginning. At least she is responsible for the costs of the search. That's the least she can do.

If she, or anyone she knows, received any financial donations, she should be forced to return the money.

The Sheriff mentioned the cost a couple of times during the PC, it was obviously on his mind. I wonder if the attorney will offer to repay at his client’s request to do so, usually looks good if/when she’s later charged. Mom and pop undoubtedly footing the bill for that as well as his fees.

No financial donations that we know of aside from the reward from crime stoppers for her safe return. It’s status appears to be in limbo until the investigation has concluded. JMO

With “good time” a year could easily be shaved down to less than half that time. I’m not sure locking her up is the best solution until it’s known why she did it. Surely she has reason? Her ridiculous kidnapping story after the fact was so poorly crafted did she really expect anyone to believe it or what was the point?

Just as with other crimes, it may never make sense to us. JMOO Sometimes people do bad things just to do bad things.

The Sheriff mentioned the cost a couple of times during the PC, it was obviously on his mind. I wonder if the attorney will offer to repay at his client’s request to do so, usually looks good if/when she’s later charged. Mom and pop undoubtedly footing the bill for that as well as his fees.

No financial donations that we know of aside from the reward from crime stoppers for her safe return. It’s status appears to be in limbo until the investigation has concluded. JMO
Regarding the CC money. Now that she's admitted that there was no abduction, they should immediately refund that. MOO

Did they say they would give the location that she was hiding out?

I understand, but people are locked up all the time for theft, driving under the influence: And all had their “reasons”. Why should she receive special consideration?

There are thousands of people who are missing whose families would beg for 1/10 of the attention that this "missing" woman in Alabama received. Now, she admits it was a HOAX! Really? She should be put in jail for the maximum possible term and forced to pay restitution in the full amount.

I understand people go through things, but lying about a child being on the road, then calling 9-11, and coming home 49 hours later, with some bullcrap story about being kidnapped goes above and beyond "going through a crisis."

Yes, she needs mental health counseling. However, she should have to experience what a real family of a missing person goes through. She should have to see the pain they face every day because they can't get the media attention that is needed to help bring their loved one home.

I know she is a nurse or training to be a nurse but, if I were a patient where she would be working as a nurse, I would find somewhere else to go. I would not trust her to read a medical chart right, nor would I entrust anyone's health to her.

This is just my opinion. I am NOT bullying her. Just stating things how I see them.

<modsnip>
Hiring Emory was genius, even as her parents, who have a pretty house but aren’t Scrooge McDuck on their best days, are going to bankrupt themselves with hourly invoices here;
Statement was solid;
If I were facing charges of anything in Birmingham, Alabama and I had Emory of counsel and he told me to join the circus, you’d see me conducting the elephants.
I don’t see reports of her in mental health inpatient yet, which to me means that (1) either Emory sees a legal strategy more inventive than anything I’ve come up with, which might well be possible or (2) her mother hasn’t yet laid down the hammer because she’s still feeling love and protective denial and some degree of delusion. I look at Carlee here in her Insta and all that and I get the sense that at the end of the day she does listen to Mom. I think Talitha here is maybe 3 or 4 days away from privately releasing the Kraken, at which point Carlee will be in therapy all day long talking about her love of the boyfriend. Let’s see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member